Status: i dont even know

Touch.

spark me up.

“We thought about it all together and we've come to the conclusion that, you aren't suitable for my daughter. John O'Callaghan.” John looked up at Lennon's mother who came visiting his apartment unexpectedly. It's been three days since Lennon walked out of the house and John didn't even make an effort to call her or look for her. He was either drinking straight from the bottle or smoking his cigarettes. The smell was unbearable as Mrs. Brett covered her nose, disgusted. She worked as an office manager and she went out straight from work to her daughter's apartment. “Lennon doesn't want you anymore, and don't make an effort on trying to contact her, please.” She demanded as she made her way to her daughter's room ready to grab all of her things. “In an hour, some workers are gonna be here to help me gather around everything that belongs to Lennon.” Her eyes never met Johns. She was disappointed in him for doing such thing, he was always one of the greatest people she met and he was the only one she truly liked among all of Lennon's old boyfriends. She thought that her daughter was going to get married to John since he was the only boyfriend that actually didn't break up with her in a few months like the others did. But she was let down when her daughter called her at 3 in the morning sobbing into the phone. Lennon explained everything to her mother as they both met at the hospital, checking up on Jackson. His family were old friends with Lennon's family ever since she was a kid that she couldn't even remember the first time she met Jackson.

He was her boyfriend when she was in college but she was starting to notice that something was wrong with him. The way he acted was making her start to get scared about herself. There were nights he'd be gentle and lay in bed next to her, grabbing her to his chest and stroke her hair until they both fall asleep. But there were nights, he'd get home drunk and would beat her and shout at her for no reason. His mom then explained to Lennon that Jackson was diagnosed and they shortly found out that he was bipolar, his situation was only heading downhill as the days went by. She decided to let it go and move on; breaking up with him wasn't specifically the hardest thing ever but making him leave her was. Jackson used to visit her apartment every night until one day John was walking outside of her apartment and noticed Jackson sneaking from the window. He didn't know anything about Jackson and he only thought he was some kind of burglar. From that day Jackson didn't even dare to come back to her apartment complex knowing exactly that Lennon had a boyfriend now. He was still angry at her, and he wished if he could just see her and beat the shit out of her. But she had John, and he was the only person she felt safe with.

“Why didn't she come by herself?” John scoffed raising his head from the table he's been staring at. Mrs. Brett gave him a look, but replied to his question.

“She doesn't want to see you anymore, John.” she said, “That is clearly why she sent me instead.”

John kept his head on the ground as he sat on the kitchen table. Mrs. Brett and some of her helpers were coming in and out of the apartment as they removed Lennon's belongings. Every single time they took something like the cupboard or the couch John would feel a hole forming inside of him. He was starting to realize that Lennon isn't going to live with him anymore. Hell, he wasn't even going to see her face anymore. With tears forming in his eyes, John realized how horrible he was when he told her not to come back. Even though he was drunk, it was still his words coming out of his mouth. He didn't know what to do and it was starting to frustrate him.

“I'm truly disappointed in you, John O'Callaghan..” Mrs. Brett folded her hands, standing in front of him, “I thought you were the one for my daughter..” John wished if he wasn't hearing what Mrs. Brett was saying because it was only adding fuel to the fire. He only kept his head on the ground and didn't even dare to make eye contact, “I just want to make it clear that you aren't allowed to come anywhere near Lennon.. Or we'll be forced to call the... the cops.” She cleared her throat and John felt a sting of pain in his body. That was it... His girlfriend of three years left him and he was not even allowed to see her once again. Mrs. Brett didn't even say goodbye as she took the last box and walked outside the apartment leaving John with his misery. Nothing went through his head but all that he knew was that his life won't be the same anymore.


“Hey, man. You haven't said a word since we left that building. I-Is everything okay?” Eric said, looking over John who was driving this time. He noticed his knuckles turning white as he gripped tightly on the steering wheel. “Dude, y-you okay?”

“She's.. She's getting married.” John finally muttered, his eyes still on the road in front of him. Eric felt shocked as his eyes widened.

“Ma-married!? She's getting married?!” Eric exclaimed, not believing what his friend just said.

“You heard me.” John scoffed. He really wasn't in the mood to talk about it or even think of it. But it seemed like it was the only thing that was stuck in his head and he couldn't get it out at all. He tried, so many times. The minute he walked out of the building he told himself that she's officially out of his life, and he won't ever think of her. But he knew deep down that it wasn't possible at all. How was it possible when she was the only person he truly had feelings for? She was the only one who could understand him and help him in everything... even with the song writing, on the days John felt like doing nothing. She was the only person John could imagine spending his entire life with. Now, she's gone, just like that.

Eric said no other word knowing that if he spoke John would totally lose it. Even though he wanted explanations, he kept quiet and tried to take the news his friend just told him. He still didn't believe it.. Lennon already moved on with her life and John was never the same since the day she left. It felt so unfair to his best friend and Eric wanted to help him so badly. He looked out the window, wishing if he never got the idea of bringing John here from the first place. He could see his situation getting worse and worse.

John parked the truck by his apartment complex and quickly got out of the truck walking towards his apartment. He didn't know what to think or how to think anymore. Eric followed him quietly but his eyes showed that he was worried about his best friend.

“Do you want me to stay with you buddy?” Eric asked trying to act normal but clearly failed as John gave him a look.

“No.” He simply said unlocking his apartment's door. Eric couldn't blame John for his behavior, instead he just thought that he should give him some time alone to think but he always had that gutted feeling inside because he knew John would do something to hurt himself. He was worried about his best friend but something told him that he should just leave him be.

John shut the door and noticed that Eric was already gone. He sighed tiredly walking towards the cupboard grabbing a huge bottle of whiskey, he gulped down as he felt the burning liquid through his throat. He took a long sip making him squeeze his eyes. Don't think of her, she's done. She's out of your life and she isn't going to come back, John was trying to convince himself. Everything that he had planned for his life; she was always a part of it. How was he going to stop thinking of her? He needed time, lots of time. He had to control himself from being a wreck and slowly ruining his entire brain. He was physically and emotionally tired but his thoughts were telling him that it was time to stop. It was time to move on and get over it. Before he could even throw his phone across the table it suddenly started to ring and an unknown number showed on the caller ID. He carelessly answered with a tired 'hello' but then jumped from his spot when he realized that it was Lennon.

“L-Lennon!?” He stuttered, pacing back and forth around the room. It was an old habit; whenever he'd get scared or nervous all he did was just pace around the room like some kind of jerk.

“We can't just.... just stop like this.” She sighed frustratedly into the phone. “C-can you meet me at Starbucks at six?” she asked.

“Uh y-yeah sure..” he rubbed the back of his head.

“Okay.” She said hanging up. With that, all of his plans of trying to move on faded out of his mind and the only thought he had was that he might actually have a shot with Lennon. For the first time in months he felt happiness rushing through his veins and a grin formed in his face as he grabbed his jacket and left his apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea why but it took me like two hours to write this chapter. Haha, too much information. Subscribe, comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading:)