Status: Active :)

Vampire Academy

1

The car slowed to a stop, and before me stood a large castle, made up of dark stone with poison ivy cascading up to as far as I could see. Each window was illuminated by a candle from the inside, showing the intricate details and designs of the glass. I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath as I opened the door of the tacky limousine the council insisted on sending me in, and stood, eyes skyward at my new school, my new home; Vampire Academy.

"Now, Olive, I had to pull a lot of strings to get you in to this school, so I hope one is on their best behaviour for the first few months at least." Lilian, a member of the council said in her silky, smooth voice as she stood next to me. I turned to look at her and gave her a wicked smile, she knew fully well how I would behave, because we both knew that the greeting from the students would be vicious and unwelcoming, and it would piss me off. She rolled her eyes and started up the large steps to the front entrance, waving me to follow suit. I followed her, slowly but surely through the large wooden doors and in to the entrance hall.

The ceilings were very tall, and the walls were made of the same dark stone as the outside, making the room very dim apart from the few candles which were lighting the way. I laughed to myself, "typical vampire shit" I thought. Lilian kept walking down the long hall, and I kept following until we reached another set of large wooden doors with a sign that read "Office" on. We entered the office, a woman sitting behind a desk looked up and smiled widely before standing up.

"Lilian Trentwood! What an honour it is to be graced with your presence." The lady bowed behind her desk. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest.

"And this must be Olive Heartstrong, it is a pleasure to meet you as well." She smiled, and I smiled back. I lingered in the room as Lilian took care of all the paperwork which had to be filled out. The room was pretty much barren apart from the desk and a shit load of filing cabinets.

"Lets go." Lilian said as she stalked past me, the woman was always in a rush. I had to admire how graceful she was though, how she glided down the hall, her long dress trailing behind her almost as if someone was holding it ever so slightly off the floor. I followed her as she took a left, and came to a large spiral staircase which looked as if it might go on forever.

"Ok, the Headmaster is currently out on business so you won't be meeting him until later tonight at dinner, so I'll be showing you to your room," she said as we scaled the staircase. "You're on the fourth floor in room 201, which you don't have to share with anyone else, and dinner is at 7pm sharp in the dining hall. Got it?" She asked, she handed me the school booklet and my timetable.

"Yep." I sighed, we finally reached the fourth floor and walked down a small corridor which came off the staircase until we got to my room. She unlocked the door and handed me the key.
"I've got to be going now, there's some important business I must be attending to, but I'm sure you'll be just fine here. Now, if you need anything just give me a call or speak to the headmaster. Study Hard." She spoke, and dissapeared in to nothing but a puff of smoke. I sighed and opened the door to my room and stepped in. The room was alright, not massive but not too small, the floor was dark wood and the coffin which lay in the corner of the room sure looked comfy. My bags were already in the room, which was weird as I had not come across a single person since being here apart from the lady in the office. I unpacked all of my stuff, which didn't take too long and then started looking over my timetable.

The only classes I cared about were the Hunting class, Fighting class and the Shape Shifting class. All the rest were pointless, Math and English? I'm a vampire, I have years upon years to learn that shit. I looked up to the clock that was hanging on the wall, the time reading 18:47pm. I sighed and stood up, dreading what was to come and the welcome I would receive. I pulled up my jeans as they were starting to sag, grabbed my small bag and opened the door. I peeked my head around the corner and still couldn't see a soul, vampires were very good at being discrete and going unnoticed, but in a place like this where you didn't need to hide, the fact that no one was around was pretty creepy.

I started down the staircase, glancing around at all the old paintings that adorned the walls of old, famous and important vampires. The place was just old and dusty, but so is everything if it's been around for hundreds of years, even some of the older vampires just start gathering dust. I saw the sign leading to the dining hall and followed it, and finally started seeing some of the students. The doors to the dining hall were wide open, seeing rows upon rows of tables and chairs as students started to fill them. I walked in, catching glares from some of the students and found a table that was unoccupied. I sat down and waited, all the while receiving stares of hatred and confusion, until finally, who I assumed was the headteacher walked in and began speaking.
"Students, be quiet." He commanded in a friendly tone. Everyone obided, and watched him as he made his way to the end of the hall to two large tables which the teachers were sitting at.

"Now, students. I hope all is well, but before we start our meal, I have an announcement to make. We have a new student, Olive Heartstrong," He nodded slowly in my direction and I wanted to end myself as everyone's eyes turned to me, "I hope you welcome her and treat her with the same respect as everyone else. Now, time to eat." Waiters started walking in, animal blood in bags on their trays and set one down in front of each pupil, I almost gagged. If it's not bad enough that you're forced by law to only drink animal blood, it's having to drink it not fresh and out of a bag. I drank it though, as it would be terribly stupid of me to not have, not knowing of these lands and if we are allowed to go outside at night to hunt for our own meals.

Dinner passed quickly, students kept on staring, some teachers too. I noticed one teacher who was tall, deathly pale with black hair and multiple tattoos who kept on staring, which made me feel a little bit uncomfortable, even if he was attractive. The hall started emptying and I made it a mission to get to my room as fast as I possibly could. I closed the door behind me once I got in to my room and sighed, that was not fun. Hopefully when classes start tomorrow it would be better, the students can't hate me forever. Plus, I haven't even done anything, the only reason they didn't like me was because of my parents, Alexander and Fiona Heartstrong who were so viciously murdered 3 months ago.

My father, the Demon of the Far East has been wanted for over a hundred years for the murders of around 10 thousand people, and my mother, the Sorceress of the Vile, was also wanted for being an accomplice. My mother was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen, long black hair, beautiful porcelain skin and an hourglass figure that was just enviable. She was called the Sorceress of the Vile because of those features, and how she broke the heart of every man who ever loved her, apart from my father that is. Some say she was cold and heartless, but she did have a heart. My father said her heart used to be as black as the night sky, but when I came around it lightened up, apparently anyway. I miss them terribly.

The first lesson was Hunting at 8 am, in the north part of the forest with Mr. Haner. I sighed, bored and not entirely sure what to do, got undressed. I put on my nightclothes, put my hair up in to a bun and got in to my coffin. I lay there for a while, the coffin door still open and thought of who it could be that murdered my parents, but nobody knew who it was. If there is anything I do in this life, it would be to catch the person responsible and torture them till they begged me to drive a stake through their heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hunting - North Forrest with Mr. Sanders
Shape Shifting - Room 27 with Mr. Sullivan
Fighting - Gym with Mr. Haner

Hope you like it :)