Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Nightmare Two

[Benji]

Crap...

Why did that have to happen again? Now the whole world knows what a freak I am! I can't even open my eyes without totally flipping out on everyone around. Why?

Why can't I get that memory to just disappear? I hate it. It haunts me whenever I actually sleep.

I can't take it...

I shifted off my bed, I could tell it was mine 'cause of the pillows, I love pillows, and went to the bathroom. When I came out though I wanted to turn back around and lock myself in the bathroom....

[Kara]

"Benji..."

His head snapped up and he started to turn around to I assume hide in the bathroom.

"No. We need to talk Benji. Now."

"No, we don't."

What the fuck is he talking about? Yes we do need to talk! He always flips out when his eyes get opened, and won't tell us why. I need to know.

"No Benji. You don't have a choice. You tell me why you can't open your eyes, why you're scared of the darkness. You tell me, and you tell me right now."

He paused and turned around his head still down, hair hiding his face from view.

It stayed silent while he just stood there, hand on the doorknob, head bowed. Then I heard a strangled noise. It came from Benji.

[Benji]

I cracked. I know I did. I can't hold it in, it's too... I just can't deal with it!

A chocked sob came out as I started crying, sliding down the door into a mess on the floor.

I heard Kara got off the bed and quickly walked over, she put her arms around me. Hugs... I like hugs.

"Never mind. I'm sorry, you don't have to say it if its painful."

Kara's voice said quietly, concern and worry mixed in it.

I stopped crying. Like I dried up after a few minutes. Not sure why, but it just stopped. Oh well... guess I should tell her huh?

"Want the long version or the short edited one?"

[Kara]

"Want the long version or the short edited one?"

What? He was actually going to tell me after I made him all upset?

I will never understand this boy.

"Short."

"Okay then..."

He was quiet for a little then shifted so he could hug me better, we were still on the floor after all.

"When I was little... Jayden and I were playing in the park. It was late, and we lost the ball in the bush. Neither of us wanted to go in the dark to get it, so we did rock, paper scissors."

He let go of me and hugged himself.

A small smirk was there for a second.

"Well... I lost. I went into the bushes and I don't remember what happened next but I woke up in the dark with some strange guy. I didn't know who he was or anything, but I was tied up. I was just a kid; I didn't get what was happening. I don't want to remember..."

He sniffled and hugged himself tighter as I rubbed his back a little, still hugging him, just sideways now.

"I found out after a long while that I was kidnapped. I didn't see Jayden. That's how I knew. We were always together."

He smiled then.

"Jayden... he was my twin... my best friend..."

Another tear squeezed under his lids.

"I got taken back home eventually. My parents paid money to get me back... but... I was never the same I guess. I can't stand the dark. He... he did stuff... I... I don't want to talk about it."

[Benji]

"Its okay, I wont leave you alone anymore if you don't want me too."

My head looked over at where her disembodied voice came from. Did she really just say that she wouldn’t leave me alone? Honestly…

"Really?" I sounded pathetic, but she didn't say anything.

"Really."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this one has now been fixed as well.

Continue to enjoy and comment.