‹ Prequel: Walk in the Sun
Status: just starting out <3

'Cause I've Got You

I won't be lonely when I'm down

All summer, I had wondered if I had made the right decision in choosing to go to school in Halifax. The tension between Kaitlyn and I grew after I made my decision, but after I pleaded my case, she saw my reason. I was happy that I got to get my side of the story out. I didn’t want her to think I was abandoning her, but I chose the best school for me. With the way Sid’s schedule was, having me around all the time would cause more distraction than comfort. He and I had made the agreement to call each other whenever we could as well as text as much as we could.

I had split up my summer vacation. I spent the month of July at home with my family and Kaitlyn. In August, Kaitlyn and I went our separate ways. It was the hardest goodbye I had ever said. We always talked about going to college together, and even though we both had different career expectations, best friends always dream about spending their lives side by side. However the one thing about best friends is that distance, however it may put a strain on the friendship at times, can not break a friendship.

After spending my month at home, I flew out to Halifax, meeting with Sid at the airport. My belongings were scheduled to arrive in Halifax about five days after my arrival. I had spent the majority of my time with Sid during the month of August. Seeing his family and learning more about the town of Halifax, I also found out that I would be rooming with my cousin Jenn during my first year. It was odd to be rooming with a 2nd year, but it was a good surprise. I had high hopes for the year to come, in every aspect of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is. It's finally here. The next book in the lives of Steph and Sid. With Steph studying in Halifax and Sid playing hockey, well, everywhere, will they make it work? What about Steph and Kaitlyn's friendship?

You'll have to wait and see... (though, I am open to opinions and suggestions :) )

Thanks for sticking around for this. And I'm sorry it took so long.

steph <3

The chapter title, along with the story title are from the song "I've Got You" by McFly.