Commit This to Memory

If it's not one thing, it's another.

The sun filtered through the blinds and crept slowly along the floor. The bodies on the bed lay stuck together with stale sweat. Justin inhaled deeply through his nose and pressed himself closer to Betty. In a few moments he was snoring softly into her hair.

His phone vibrated on the nightstand behind him. His eyes snapped open. Grumbling and cursing under his breath, Justin twisted his arm out and groped around for it. He couldn't find it. He groaned and sat up, peering in the late morning light. It was on the other side of the stand. The caller id said "Josh".

"What?" Justin hissed, tiptoeing into the kitchen.

"You will never believe who I just got off the phone with," Josh jabbered, oblivious to Justin's annoyance.

"Who?" Justin leaned against a wall.

"Brett Gurewitz from Epitaph! He wants to sign us!"

Every trace of annoyance Justin had evaporated. "Seriously? Holy shit that's fantastic!" He heard Betty stirring in the bedroom. "I gotta go but I'll call you later. We can celebrate!" Josh was saying something else but Justin had already hung up. He sprinted into the bedroom and jumped on the bed. "Betty guess what!!!"

Her fist collided with the side of his face. She sat up and looked around. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry," she exclaimed and put her hand to his face. "I'm just not used to waking up to naked men jumping on my bed."

He laughed and shrugged it off. "It's okay because... Motion City is going to get signed!"

Betty squealed and clapped a hand to her mouth. "That's amazing!" She threw her arms around him. "I'm so happy for you!" She kissed him. "So what're you guys going to do to celebrate?"

"Well," Justin put his hands on her waist. "I'll tell you what I'm going to do to you." He kissed her lips, her chin, her neck, working his way down. His right hand lightly grazed her skin, tracing invisible patterns.

"You're not saying anything," she whispered running her hands through his hair. She smiled to herself.

"Actions speak louder than words, you smart ass." He bit her collarbone. His phone rang again. "Fuck!"

"We're trying!"

"What did I say about being a smart ass," he warned, then answered his phone. "Yes, hi Matt....Yeah I heard about that. It's awesome right?...Listen I'm going to have to call you back, 'kaybye." He hung up quickly and tossed his phone away. "Now where were we?" Betty pointed to her collarbone. "Ah yes."

His phone rang again. Justin looked like he might cry. He found his phone and said wearily, "Yes? Oh hi Jesse, I've already heard. Listen, I'm in the middle of something, could you find it in your heart to leave me alone for a bit? Good okay, bye." He pushed the power button. "This is what I get for betraying trust several times. The fact that I must answer anything or everyone freaks out and thinks I'm up to no good."

Betty sat up and wrapped her arms around his neck. "But you are up to no good. Well actually that's a lie, I think it's very very good."

"Do you now?" He grinned. He put a hand on one of her arms. "Good, I was just starting to think it was just me." He leaned over and kissed her again. Their bodies pressed tightly together. There was a knock on the front door. "Oh Jesus Christ," he groaned. "If it's not one thing, it's another." He detangled himself and stood up. "Hold that thought," he said as he pulled on some pants.

She sat on the bed, pouting. "This is 'cause I'm not sexy enough isn't it? My ass is too big for you. You can't stand the sight of it."

Justin raised his eyebrows at her before pulling a shirt on over his head. "Bee, why would you ever think that I would I ever think that? You're more than sexy enough, too sexy if I'm honest. And you know as well as I do that fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round." He ducked out of the room as she threw a pillow at him.

"You do think it's too big! Screw you Pierre!" But she was smiling. She got up and twisted around to look at her butt. "He likes you," she told it. "You best stay that way ya hear?" She put on one of Justin's plaid shirts and a pair of pants. When she went out to the living room, all the guys were talking to each other excitedly. Rolling her eyes, she went into the kitchen and made herself some coffee.

Betty leaned against the door frame and watched and listened to them as they paid her no attention. Someone talked about all the shows they'd get and she felt a pang in her stomach. She's forgotten that the band getting signed would mean they wouldn't be home as often. Could she deal with that? She could learn to make it work.

"Hey Tony," she said. "Is Anna at the house?" He nodded. "I was thinking about getting my stuff, unless we had something planned." The last sentence was directed at Justin.

"Huh?" Justin said distractedly. "No, sure go ahead sweetie." He turned back to his earlier conversation. Quietly, she put on some shoes and her jacket. She was two stories down when she started to cry.
___________________________________

"It's like I'm never going to be enough. No matter what I do the band's going to come first." Betty was pacing in Anna's kitchen, her face pink from the almost empty wine bottle she was swinging around. She'd spent the last fifteen minutes there alternating between crying and raving. "I mean as soon as the guys came over he couldn't spare me two words!"

Anna stood up and grabbed Betty's upper arms. "Honey, I love you but for the love of Yoda, you have to calm down," she said. "You're not alone and you have to understand that this is a big deal for them."

"Bigger than getting back with the love of their life?" Betty muttered grumpily.

"God, yes!" Anna exclaimed. "Do you not realize that this is what they've been hoping for for most of their lives? It's a big deal!"

"Not that big...."

Slap!

"Stop it," she said as Betty rubbed the redding spot on her cheek. "You're being selfish again. Not everyone has it as easy as you do. That boy would give his life for you and just because something good has happened to him that doesn't involve you doesn't give you the right to bitch." The tears came to Betty again. "Come here," Anna said and wrapped her arms around her. "It's a good think you have me to knock sense into you when you need it."

"Yeah thanks," Betty muttered. "I need it a lot don't I?" She straightened herself out. "Right well I should probably get my stuff because that was the original purpose of my trip." She sniffed. "Did I ever mention that your house always smells like tacos?"

"Every time you're over," Anna chuckled. "You better now?"

"Mmhmm, you know my mood swings, never last long." Betty's cell phone chimed indicating a text message.

It was from Justin. "Hurry up girl. We got stuff to do. ;)" She grinned and shoved her phone back into her pocket. She grabbed Anna's arm and said, "You need to help me get it all together. We have five minutes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Who gives me these lousy scripts? Oh yeah, I do don't I?
Sorry for the long overdue. I was working on a now useless AP English summer assignment. Now school's back up and I have plays to be in. At this rate I'll finish this story in two years. le sigh.