Sequel: Standing Tall
Status: To make a sequel or not...that is the question...

Getting Back Up

Rebecca

"Come on, it's about time that you go out. You've sat at home too many nights. Let us treat you to a night out."

"Lindsey, I've sat at home because of my son. I've never seen the point in going out and getting wasted, I'd much rather stay home with Tyler."

"Becks, it's one night. Tyler is a teenager now, he can stay home by himself. We promise we won't keep you out too late," Lindsey said while Erica and Tiffany nodded their heads.

"Fine. Where are we going?" Rebecca asked. "xfinity live," Lindsey said, "It's great, we can eat, drink, mingle, and catch the Phillies game on the big screen."

"Ugh. Baseball. Great, so we'll be surrounded by meatheads."

"You'll have a good time, we promise."

"Pick me up at 7."

************************************************************************

"Tyler, you're sure you'll be ok?"

"Yeah Ma, I'll be fine. I'll just watch the game on tv and play some NHL13." Tyler turns around to look at his mother, who is nervously fidgeting with the collar on her blouse. "That's what you're wearing?"

"Yes...why?"

"You look.... old." Tyler didn't mean his words to be cruel, but he couldn't think of any other way to put it.

"Gee thanks Ty." Rebecca continued to fidget with her collar.

"It's just...you're in your 30's, not your 50's mom. Let me find something better for you." Tyler walks into his mother's room, opens the closet and moans. "I guess this will have to do."

"Tyler, what are you doing?"

"Trying to find something for you to wear that will actually encourage guys to talk to you." Tyler held up a slinky white camisole and navy blue shrug.

"I don't need to talk to anyone but my friends," Rebecca said as she grabbed the items and went into her room to change.

"Ma, come on. You know I love you," Tyler leaned to the hallway towards his mothers room, "but you need a life."

"I have a life thankyouverymuch," Rebecca emerged from her room and put her arms out and twirled around to show off her outfit to her son, "you are my life."

"Yes, and I'm thankful for that. I love that it's only been the two of us, but I want you to find someone to spend the rest of your life with. I'm not going to be in this house with you forever you know...I will go to college in a few years. I don't want to have to worry about you being alone."

Rebecca walked over to her son, who now at the age of 15 has grown taller than her, and wrapped her arms around him. "You don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine. I love you."

"I love you too. Now go out and have a good time. Text me pics of my new daddy," Tyler said the last sentence as he was running to his room so that his mother couldn't smack him.

"That child. I swear." Rebecca walks out of the front door, locks it, and takes a deep breath. Lindsey pulls up just as Rebecca let out a sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
First one down...let's see where I can take this. Currently writing Chapter Two, hope to post it shortly. Look forward to comments, let me know what you think. :-)