Sequel: Standing Tall
Status: To make a sequel or not...that is the question...

Getting Back Up

Assurances

Scott returned with pizza and drinks. "Here we go," he said as he put the food on the table.

"Thanks," Rebecca said as she gave Scott a smile.

"So, what are we gonna do after we're done here?" Scott asked as he took a bite of his pizza.

"We could rent a movie," Tyler said.

"That sounds like a plan. Sound good to you?" Scott asked Rebecca. She nodded in agreement and she took a sip of her iced tea.

They discussed which movie they would watch while they finished their pizza. They finished another game, which Scott lost again, and left the bowling alley. Scott drove them back to Rebecca and Tyler's house. As the boys got settled in on the sofa, Rebecca went into the kitchen to get them drinks. She emerged with two glasses of red wine and a can of soda for Tyler.

"So what did we decide? White House Down or Olympus Has Fallen? Channing Tatum or Gerard Butler?" Scott asked.

"Either...they're both nice to look at," Rebecca smiled as she looked at Scott. He was nice to look at too.

Scott and Tyler exchanged a look and both rolled their eyes. "Olympus," Tyler said and clicked the buttons on the remote to make the selection.

Scott sat back into the sofa and draped his right arm along the back. Rebecca sat next to him and crossed her legs so that they brushed against his. She traced the rim of her glass with her finger and she felt a rush of emotions run through her as he lowered his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him. Scott placed his left hand on her knee and turned to look at her. He watched her, admiring the features of her face and neck, wishing that they were alone so that he could kiss every inch of her neck. The first moment he saw her from across the bar he thought she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. He hadn't been with a woman in what seemed like forever, not since a year after his divorce. He didn't want to fall in love with someone and end up broken-hearted again. He had been through so much, he felt he was broken. Since he met Rebecca he felt rejuvenated, especially after their first date. That kiss ignited something in him that he hadn't felt for a very long time. He wanted her. He wanted to fall in love with her.

She felt him watching her. She turned to look at him and stared into his blue eyes. They smiled at each other. Scott pulled her further into him and kissed her as he placed his hand on the back of her neck. He ran his other hand up the outside of her thigh as he kissed her harder. She placed her hand on his to stop it from going any further up her thigh. Scott pulled back and looked at Rebecca and whispered, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

She put her hand up in front of his mouth as to stop him from speaking, "It's okay. It's just..." she motioned towards her son sitting at the other end of the sofa.

Scott looked at Tyler and immediately felt like an ass. Did he really just try to get handsy with Rebecca while her fifteen year old son was two feet away? "I'm an ass," he said as he turned back to Rebecca.

"No you're not," she said as she gently kissed his cheek. She patted his hand that was still on her thigh. She wanted him to put his hands all over her body. She's never wanted anything more. But could she allow herself to be with him? She always told Lindsey to take it slow, but in this moment, with his hands on her and the taste of his lips on hers, she didn't want to wait. She secretly wished that Tyler would go to bed so that they could be alone, for no other reason than to keep kissing Scott. Every time their lips met she felt more aroused, but she didn't want to go any further so quickly. They barely knew each other, and she wondered if he was like other professional athletes in that they generally just hook up with women and leave them pining for more. She didn't want to be one of those women. She wanted to be with Scott, and not just for one night.

They turned their attention back to the movie, molding their bodies together into the sofa. Before they knew it the movie was over. Tyler turned to the couple and announced that he was going to bed. Scott offered his hand for Tyler to shake and thanked him for not beating him too badly at bowling. Tyler laughed as he shook Scott’s hand. He then kissed his mother on the cheek and went upstairs to his room.

Scott and Rebecca sat on the sofa for a few minutes just looking into each other's eyes before Scott said, "Well, I guess I should be going..." He searched her face for any chance that she would ask him to stay, for a little while longer at least.

"You can stay a while longer...unless you have practice in the morning..." she hoped he would stay. She wasn't ready to let him go.

"I don't have practice. It's our day off..." he said with a smile.

"Do you want more wine?" she asked.

"Are you trying to get me drunk Rebecca? Because you don't have to..." he responded with a smirk on his face.

"No, I'm just being a good hostess," she said as she put her glass to her lips. Scott took the glass from her hand, set it on the coffee table, and cupped her face in his hand. "What would you like to do now?" she asked as she gazed into his shimmering blue eyes.

"Kiss you," he said as he planted his lips onto hers. He could feel her body melt as they parted their lips and merged their tongues. His hands ran up and down her back, inching closer to her butt with each pass. He wanted to feel every inch of her, but didn't know how far she would let him go.

Rebecca put her arms around Scott’s neck and ran her fingers through his short hair. She loved the way he kissed her. She loved the way his hands felt on her. She wanted nothing more than to feel him inside her. "Scott...," his name came over her lips as a moan, and even she was turned on by it.

"Yes?..." he said as he moved from kissing her lips to her neck just below her ears.

"I...I want you...." she could barely utter the words, every kiss he planted on her neck took her breath away.

Scott paused with his lips on her neck before pulling away to look at her. "I want you too Rebecca. But..." he couldn't believe what he was about to say, "not tonight."

Rebecca looked puzzled as he denied her. "Is...is it me? Did I do something wrong?" she asked with fear in her voice.

"Absolutely not," he said as he stroked her hair, "I just don't think we should go any further with Tyler in the house."

"Oh," Rebecca had completely forgotten that her son was upstairs.

"I hope we can be together when there aren't any distractions," he said as he traced Rebecca's jawline with his finger, took her chin with his finger and thumb, and brought her in for a kiss.

"There will always be distractions Scott," she said. Rebecca noticed the look of concern that had come over Scott's face. She looked straight into Scott's eyes and continued, "I think...I need... to tell you something..."