Sequel: Standing Tall
Status: To make a sequel or not...that is the question...

Getting Back Up

A night out

Erica and Tiffany walk into xfinity Live and immediately head for the bar while Lindsey and Rebecca slowly enter the building.

"I didn't think it would be this crowded," Rebecca said.

"This is nothing, you should see it when any of the teams are actually playing across the street," Lindsey motioned towards Erica and Tiffany who had managed to find four seats with a view of the 24-foot wide screen displaying the Phillies pregame show.

"I don't know why you keep trying to get me to watch games with you, you know I'm not a fan."

"Look, Philly is full of hot, semi-eligible athletes...you should at least know their names if nothing else," Lindsey said as she scanned the bar for no one in particular. "I can't believe you don't know anything about sports. Didn't Tyler play any sports growing up?"

"He played soccer when he was 7 or 8, but since I had to work so much to support us I didn't really have the time to get him involved in anything else," Rebecca said while stirring the ice in her drink with her straw.

The four girls continued chatting for what seemed like an eternity to Rebecca. Out of the corner of her eye Tiffany spots a few familiar faces. "Oh my God. They're actually here. I don't believe it," Tiffany motions her head to the door and the other three turn to look at who has just walked in. "I didn't think they actually came in here," Erica said. "Apparently they do," Lindsey said, pulling out the compact in her purse to check her hair and makeup.

Rebecca looked puzzled. "Who are we talking about?"

"The Flyers. Those four guys that just walked in...Claude Giroux, Brayden and Luke Schenn, and Scott Hartnell. They play for the Flyers," Lindsey told Rebecca, "you know, the hockey team?"

"Sure, if you say so," Rebecca responded.

It seemed everyone in the bar knew who they were, except for Rebecca, by the way the four men were being hounded by both men and women as they made their way to the sitting area. The waitress immediately went to the table to take their order. Rebecca could tell even she was in awe of the famous patrons by the way she was blushing and giggling at everything they were saying.

***********************************************************************

"Schenner, I think she likes you," Claude joked, "but if you don't want her, I'll certainly take her."

"She might even like you both," Scott chided. "Shall we put a wager on who she'll give her number to first?"

"Don't hate Hartsy. Just cause you're old enough to be her dad...," Luke laughed.

"Damn dude. That's not right," Scott put his hand over his chest as if he was just wounded by Luke's words. "At least I don't lose girls to my brother...," Scott gasped and gave high-fives to Claude and Brayden.

"Thanks alot. How long's it take to get a drink around here?" Luke said, clearly not liking Scott's shot at him. "I'm going to the bar."

"Awwww, let me make it up to you. I'll buy you a shot," Scott patted Luke on the back and the two headed off to the bar. "What are we having? Jager bombs?" Scott asked. "Sounds good," Luke said. Scott ordered the shots and scanned the patrons at the bar. When the bartender put the shots on the counter, Scott noticed four women sitting at the corner on the opposite side from where he and Luke were standing. Scott elbows Luke in the side, "Dude. Check them out. They're staring at you."

"Yeah ok, whatever," Luke ignored what he said and drank his shot. "No I'm serious. Wanna go check 'em out?" Scott asked. "Uhhh sure. Maybe I won't get the 'So, Brayden's your brother right'..." Luke said with an annoyed tone.

***********************************************************************

"OhmyGod. They're looking at us. Don't look, don't look!" Tiffany squealed. "Who?" Lindsey asked. "Scott and Luke. ohmyGod I think they're coming over. Quick...smile check. Anything?" Tiffany quickly bared her teeth for Erica to make sure there weren't any particles of food in them. "Nope. You're good. Me?" Erica asked. "Perfect," Tiffany assured her.

"Hello ladies," the voice startled the girls who seemed engrossed in their conversation. Three of the girls turned around to see Scott and Luke standing there with smiles on their faces and beers in their hands. "How are you this evening? Enjoying the game?" Scott asked, motioning to the big screen.

"We'd be enjoying it more if the Phils would actually hit the ball...they can't win if they don't hit," Lindsey joked.

"That is true. Hi, I'm Scott. This is my friend Luke," Scott and Luke put out their hands for each girl to shake. "Hi. I'm Lindsey. This is Erica, and Tiffany...and this," Lindsey smacks Rebecca on the shoulder so she'll turn around, "is Rebecca. You'll have to excuse her, she doesn't get out much."

"Heh, ok. Hi Rebecca, I'm Scott," he put out his hand again. Rebecca cautiously shook his hand and said, "Hi. Unlike them, I don't know who you are so I'm not impressed that you're talking to us." Lindsey shot at her glare full of daggers, "Becks, really? Chill."

"That's alright, we're not offended. Not everyone follows hockey," Scott said reassuringly, "just makes it easier to talk to you then. You don't have preconceived notions of how we're supposed to act." He laughed and looked at Luke, "It's been a long time since someone said they didn't know who I was in this town."

Scott and Luke continued to chat with the women until they noticed Claude and Brayden motioning for them that their food had arrived at the table. "Sorry girls, our food has arrived over there. How long are you planning on staying? Would you like to join us?" Luke asked. "We've already eaten, but thanks. I think we'll be here until the Phils eventually lose this game," Lindsey said. "Alright, well how about I buy you a round of drinks and we'll be back over after we've finished our meal," Scott cocked his head to the side in an inquisitive manner.

"Sounds good," Lindsey smiled. Scott motioned to the bartender for another round, and he and Luke headed back to their table where Claude and Brayden had already started digging into their meals.

"Becks, when they come back over here...could ya actually talk?? I know you don't know them, but you could at least be in the conversation," Lindsey said while Rebecca sipped on her drink.

"What for? They're not interested in me, they're interested in you three. I don't need to dribble over some hockey players." She half-rolled her eyes.

"No, but you could be polite. And Scott's close to your age. And he's single...well, divorced. You never know...you could..." Lindsey stopped mid-sentence when Rebecca held up her hand and said, "Don't even. I didn't come here for that. I'm not interested. I should have driven myself...I'm ready to go."

"It won't be too much longer. I told them we'd leave when the game was over. I promise you'll enjoy their company if you'd just lighten up."

"We'll see."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two down...comments?

I'm going to get into each of their past relationships in the next couple chapters. Hopefully will post in the next few days.