Sequel: Standing Tall
Status: To make a sequel or not...that is the question...

Getting Back Up

Peace

Now a year later, Scott is comfortable going out with the younger guys. Not out to clubs, he's too old for that scene, just going to bars where the atmosphere is relaxed and he can just drink with his friends. Going to Xfinity Live was perfect because it was close to the Wells Fargo Center and always filled with sports fans. So when Claude suggested going there for dinner and to catch the Phillies game, Scott agreed.

"Who were you guys chatting up over there?" Brayden asked.

"Just some girls. You know, the usual," Luke responded.

"I think Luke might actually have a shot with one of them," Scott joked before taking a bite of his chicken wrap.

"Well thats just 'cause I wasn't over there with you," Brayden laughed. The two gingers erupted into a boisterous laughter. "Damn Schenner, give a guy some warning. I almost spit my drink all over you," Claude said as he set down his glass.

"We'll see. Hartsy told them we'd go back over after we finished eating," Luke said between bites.

"Oh really. Hartsy trying to get it on with some youngins tonight?" Claude chuckled.

"Uh no. And they're not youngins. At least I dont think so." Scott took a sip of his beer and glanced back over to the bar to the girls they just left. "You guys know I'm not like that. Not anymore."

"Harts, you gotta get back out there man. This city is filled with chicks that wanna be with us. Why not take advantage?" Claude asked.

"You know why. You were here for part of it. I don't need the drama. I'll just live vicariously through you young bucks," Scott grinned.

"If you say so. More for us!" Brayden smiled and high-fived his brother and Claude.

***********************************************************

A month had passed since the night he met her. A month and he still regrets not giving her his number. Not that she would have taken it, or even used it. She didn't want anything to do with any of them. She certainly didn't care that they were "celebrities". So why was he still thinking about her?

"Because you're a guy, you want the chase. You want to see if you can catch her," said Kyla, Scott's sister, on the other end of the phone.

"Ky, I'm done with chasing. It's not that. I don't know what it is, bit it's not that.

"Scott, you're still alive. You don't have to live like a monk."

"I'd rather live like a monk and not get hurt like that again. I don't know, I guess it's just cause I could talk to her. Just talk. About nothing. But it's too late now. I didn't even get her last name."

"You're telling me that none of them got any of their numbers?? I find that hard to believe. Call G. He'll have one I'm sure."

"You always were the smart one," Scott joked.

"You know it. I'll talk to you later, I have to make the kids' lunch. Love you."

"Ok. Give them kisses for me. Love you too," Scott said as he hung up the phone. He held the phone in his hands for a few minutes while he debated on whether or not to call Claude.

He called Luke instead. "Hey Luke, got a minute?"

"Sure Harts, what's up?"

"Remember last month when we went to Xfinity Live to watch the Phils and we ended up talking to those girls?"

"Yeah....why?" Luke asked, confused why Scott would be asking a month later.

"I was wondering if any of you had gotten any of their numbers?"

"We all did actually....didn't you?? I just talked to Tiffany last night."

"No, I didn't. Do you think you could ask Tiffany for Rebecca's number for me?" Scott asked hesitantly. He hated that he sounded like a giant pussy. Better to ask Luke than Claude or Brayden, either one of them would have given him shit for it.

"Awwww Hartsy needs help getting digits," Luke laughed.

"Thanks alot Luke. If I wanted to hear shit I would have called your brother. Are you gonna ask or not?"

"Sorry bro, couldn't help myself. I'll give her a call now. I'll text ya the number when I get it," Luke chuckled.

"Thanks." Scott hung up the phone and slid it into his pants pocket. He took in a deep breath as he stood on his balcony and stared out into sunset falling on the city. She was out there somewhere. His phone vibrated in his pocket.

It was a text. From Luke.

Here ya go...215-123-4567. Good luck buddy!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and subscriptions. Appreciate any feedback you may have.