Status: This was previously titled Still Dreaming. It is now called Just Stay. Sorry for any confusion.

Just Stay

Chapter Six

There were many things that Talia came to notice during Matt's visit. Little tidbits that were so purely him that she had no idea how she managed to miss back in January.

She had never noticed how his eyes squinted into little slits when he was concentrating on a task or how his upper lip stuck out just a bit more than his bottom. She never saw the way hand would automatically go to her lower back as he allowed her to walk just a step or two ahead of him. She never caught the way his eyes would light up and sparkle when he laughed or how the more tired he became the more his accent caused his words to become a bit difficult to understand.

She was quick to notice how affectionate and loving Matt was. It didn't matter if they were out in public or in the confines of her home, he would hold her or kiss her openly and proudly. And she loved it. If being with him had done anything it had helped her become even more comfortable with herself. Often times she would hug him out of the blue partly because of the comfort he offered her but also the confidence he's been instilling in her from the moment they first met.

The way he would look at her, like she was the world’s most beautiful woman or the way even if another woman attempted to gain his attention he would continue to place all of his on her. She never had that before. She was use to guys using her hearing loss as a way to cheat, but with Matt that was never the case.

Talia found herself wondering if he had looked at her the same back then as he did now and if so would they have the strong base they have now? Often times she would tell herself no, that he just realized his feelings for you so why would he? And to not question the path that they had taken. But then there were times when she would turn to him to find him already watching her, a look of serene happiness on his face that would break into a smile as her eyes met his. And she smiled back, she always smiled back.

Matt quickly realized how he enjoyed how she fit perfectly in his arms, how her hand interlaced perfectly with his. He cherished every little scrunching or wiggling of her nose she gave whether she was thinking or sleeping. How she would randomly hug him just so she could feel his chin rest on top of her head or how her hand would search him out in bed and pull him to her.

Little things that he would find annoying or aggravating in other people he found cute when she did it. The way her hands would go to his hair when the cuddled on the couch, her fingers twirling his hair around and around or the way she would hum in the morning as she got ready for work.

There were also things that drove him mad with desire, little things that she probably didn't even realize would drive him absolutely insane with passion and heat. The way her finger tips would graze his cheek to his jaw as she pulled his attention from whatever he was watching to her, to her lips and the soft cushions he would be rewarded with when she gained his attention. Or the way her finger tips would graze lightly over his stomach before massaging to his back.

Talia, unbeknownst to Matt, was finding herself excited and intrigued by the idea of finally having sex with the man she's come to know inside and out. She knew, however, that he would never push her or hint to sex that she would have to start it in order for anything to progress.

Thankfully for her she had Emilie to help give her tips as to how she could initiate such an act. The list she gave wasn't that long but it was detailed enough that Talia was willing to try some of the suggestions and see what happened.

So as the morning approached on Saturday, she rose earlier than Matt taking in his sleeping form with his slightly gaped mouth. Even in his sleep he looked happy and his arm was draped lazily over her waist.

Carefully, she lifted his arm and slid out from beneath. Walking into the bathroom she took out the bag that held the things she would need for the very first suggestion on her list.

1) Wear sexy lingerie and cook him breakfast. Own your inner sexiness.

Talia wasn't at all sure she even possessed an inner sexiness; she knew she was clumsy and at times awkward, but sexy? That might be reaching for it.

As she padded from the bathroom to the kitchen, she was very much aware that Matt was now awake and currently making a pot of coffee despite his hazy just woken up appearance.

Suddenly she felt cold even though the temperature outside was hot and humid and slowly slipping into the 7th floor apartment. Her tiny shorts and flimsy tank top that hung tightly to her body made her aware of the way his eyes ran along her body from the tip of her pedicured toe nails to the top of her newly washed and brushed hair.

Matt couldn't help the way his eyes roamed her body. The way her thighs were bare for him to see, the very low cut in the silk tank top that showed just a bit of the cleavage he was well aware she had and the natural waves of her hair and the make-up free blue eyes that watched him carefully with nervous eyes.

Just as Matt opened his mouth to speak she moved towards the fridge, as she looked inside for the eggs she attempted to control the anxiety that was rising within her. Shakily her hands reached for the carton directly in front of her.

"So eggs today?" She asked her eyes cast downward.

"Uh yeah, sure," He responded taking in her anxious posture. He wasn't sure what possessed her to dress the way she was, not that that he was complaining but he could tell she uncomfortable and as she dropped the glass bowl she had taken out of the cabinet to mix the eggs he knew she was feeling a lot more than uncomfortable.

"Shit!" She cried feeling a piece of pierce her foot.

Matt leaned towards her, his arms held open. "Come here, don't take another step just lean into my arms and I'll carry you to the counter."

Talia did as he advised holding onto him as he picked her up into his arms taking her to the counter away from the shattered glass.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Taking her foot into his hand he saw that the piece of glass had fallen out on it's own and now a crimson red liquid pooled to the surface before dripping to the floor.

"First aid kit?" He asked looking into her eyes.

"Bathroom medicine cabinet," Talia answered pointing in the direction of the bedroom. With a nod of his head he leaned in pressing his lips to her forehead.

"You know, my mum taught me how to care for a wound. You should count yourself lucky," He told her with a smile as he placed the Band-Aid in place following a good cleaning.

"Remind me to send her a 'Thank You' card," She joked with a laugh wrapping her fingers into the tresses of his hair.

"Oh I will. Now you go sit down and I will finish breakfast and sweep this stuff up."

"What? No! You're the guest."

Shaking his head, Matt laughed. "Well, while I am doing this you can plan our day. How's that?"

"My first day as your guide?"

"Hmmm, yes," He stated kissing her lips. "The favor is being repaid."

"I hope I live up to the standards of my tour guide. He's a tough act to follow."

"I'm sure you'll do amazing," His lips connected to hers again as he helps her off the counter placing her feet to the floor. The cold tile felt nice against the warm skin of her feet. "Now go sit and plan, I'll be in there in a moment."

*****

"Matt, seriously, that's all I had planned for today," Talia whined hugging his arm in exhaustion. "I'm tired and it's hot, can we please go home?"

Talia held out her end of the bargain. The couple visited many sites in New York from Times Square to Central Park, Broadway, the Museum of Natural History, and finally Radio City Music Hall before the heat and humidity really got to Talia.

"Alright, let's go home but first I say we stop and grab ice cream," Matt said rubbing her back feeling how the fabric stuck to her back just a bit.

"Ice cream, yes," Talia moaned nodded. "Such a beautiful word, ice cream."

Matt laughed. "Okay, enough of that. Let's get you your ice cream and head home for fun in the AC."

"That's another beautiful word, AC."

"You are going to find any word that is related to cold or ice 'beautiful', aren't you?"

"No," She replied shaking her head. "You're hot and I think you're also beautiful."

"You're also biased, love," He said with a smile.

“I beg your pardon? I give you a compliment and you just toss it away. You're such a wanker."

Matt paused their movement as he looked down at her with an amused expression. "But I'm YOUR wanker, my little British wannabe."

"Okay, that sounds dirty," She laughed. "And don't make me start singing Spice Girls because I so will."

"Oh god, please no. Let's get the ice cream and head home for supper and movies."

"Just please no more documentaries about the modernization of the Middle East in the 21st Century."

"You didn't find those fascinating?" Matt asked with a smirk.

"No and I know you didn't either and your loud snores are proof," Talia responded.

"I was resting my eyes," He defended.

Talia laughed. "Yeah, okay Grandpa. Let's go home."

"So what is this movie?" Matt questioned from his spot on the sofa, his long body sprawled out along the length of it.

"Just some movie," Talia shrugged regaining her position as the little spoon.

2) Watch an erotic movie together.

Pressing play the sound of moans filled the room, female and male. The black screen showed no title or names and when it finally revealed the image of people it was of a naked couple going at it, hard. The male grabbed hold of the female’s hair as he rammed her from behind.

"Do you like that?" He asked her tugging on her hair.

"Oh yes, yes harder," The female moaned loudly.

"Oh my god!" Talia cried out reaching for the remote that lay on the coffee table. Clicking the button to the power the multiple times only to find that it wasn't working. Quickly, she scurried on her hands and knees to the power outlet a tugged the DVD player power source out of the wall.

"What'd you do that for? I am almost positive she was about to call him daddy," Matt laughed from the sofa. Talia placed her head in her hands completely mortified.

"Oh my god that was horrible!" Talia groaned into her hands.

"I didn't know you owned such movies."

Talia looked up. "I don't. Emilie leant that to me."

Matt nodded. "Well, that I expect. But why would she lend you a movie like that?"

Talia stayed silent, her eyes looking away from the man on the sofa.

"Tali?"

"No reason," She replied standing making her way to take the disk from the player.

Matt sat silent for a moment reviewing the day, from the lingerie in the morning to the erotic film to her embarrassed and uncomfortable disposition and finally it clicked.

"Tali, come here," He said soothingly guiding her to the sofa when she didn't approach right away. "Will you look at me?"

"Ugh I'm so embarrassed!" She groaned shoving her face in her hands. With a gentle grip Matt pulled her hands from her face holding them in her lap with one hand. Using his finger tips from his other hand he brought her face up to meet his.

"Talk to me," He urged her with a soft and soothing voice.

"It's nothing," She whispered.

Matt shook his head. "It is something. We need to tell each other everything if we expect this to work. I can tell there is something behind this madness of breakfast and....movie. So talk to me, please."

Talia sighed. "I asked Emilie how to initiate...sex," she blushed. "And she told me to make you breakfast in sexy lingerie and to watch a movie together. But it went all wrong and now I am just embarrassed! I don't have any idea what I am doing and I am never asking her for advice again."

Matt took in the look on her face. "Well, for one I agree you should never ask her for advice ever again," He winked. "Look Talia, I cannot sit here and pretend that it hasn't crossed my mind about us taking the next step, but we are going to do that when it happens naturally and not when you or I are uncomfortable. I care for you and the last thing I would want is for you to be more nervous than either of us already will be. So let's just go back to cuddling movie night okay?"

Talia smiled nodding her head. Leaning in Matt placed a tender kiss to her lips.

"And trust me, when the time comes I'll try to make it so you won't be uncomfortable, that will be the last thing on your mind. Because when that time comes I will show you just how truly beautiful you really are," He told her, his forehead on hers their eyes locked.

Placing her hands on either side of his face she pressed her lips to his, the warmth of his mouth finding home with hers.

"So a good movie now?" She asked him receiving a nod in response. "Still no documentaries though, Grandpa."

"I was just resting my eyes!"

*****

"So you're not at work tomorrow then?" Emilie asked as her, Talia, Matt and Emilie's fiancée Dave sat at a bar Sunday night.

"Nope, I will not be back in the office until Wednesday afternoon after I bring him to the airport," Talia said her hand reaching out to hold onto the green eyed man next to her. "So try to not miss me too much."

"Oh it will be hard," Emilie laughed. "Who will I eat lunch with and tease relentlessly?"

"You can try Nick or Lina."

Emilie chuckled. "You mean Nicky Nick who has such a crush on you?"

"He does not!"

"Wait, is Nick that bloke that came into the office when I had lunch with you?"

Talia nodded. "Emilie seems to think he has a thing for me."

"No, Emilie KNOWS he has a thing for you! He admitted it at the company Christmas party when he was hammered."

Talia rolled her eyes. "Whatever. It doesn't matter."

"Right because you have British Boy now."

"How many times do I have to tell you I am a British man?" Matt asked sighing.

"I don't know, why don't you whip it out and prove it," Emilie smirked.

"And Emilie is cut off," Talia said taking the glass from her friends hand.

"I am not!"

"Baby, yes you are. I didn't bring the handcuffs for you tonight," Dave said smirking. Talia noticed his arm moving below the table.

"David! Behave yourself!" Talia called out throwing a napkin at him. "Jesus you two."

"Not going to say 'get a room?'" Dave asked with a smirk.

"No because I know you will," Talia retorted with a disgusted look.

"Smart girl," Dave laughed. "So Matt what do you do in England? You have this whole rock star persona about you."

"Well, thank you," He laughed. "No, I am not a rock star. I am actually an actor."

"Really? Have you been in anything we've had over here?"

"No mostly BBC movies or shows and theatre. I was in a show last year called Party Animals, it was cancelled after one series. I was in a couple of movies but I am usually cut out of the finally cut. I've been sticking to theatre lately though; I just finished a play with Christian Slater in January and finished another before coming here."

"That's pretty awesome. Talia said you were a great actor," Emilie told him with a smile.

"Oh really? Been boasting about me have you?" He asked Talia.

"Maybe just a little," She smiled with a shrug. "Just proud of your talent and the work you do."

He smiled pulling her hand to his lips.

"Ugh the honeymoon phase is so fluffy, it's giving me nausea," Emilie groaned.

"Shut up," Talia chuckled.

"Well can we call this a night then? I can only take so much of you two before I want to vomit up my liquor."

Talia scrunched her nose. "That's a lovely image, thanks for that. But yes, fine. We are supposed to pack since we are visiting my parents tomorrow anyway."

"You're visiting your parents?" Emilie asked wide eyed. "Have fun with that one."

"Why do you say that?" Matt asked intrigued.

"Yes, why?" Talia questioned raising an eyebrow.

"No reason, I love Ella and David. It's Ian and Damien I'd worry about."

"Oh shush, you just say that because neither would date you back in the day," Talia stated rolling her eyes.

"Lies!"

"Oh don't deny it! You tried so hard to get Damien in your bed."

"With a name like that who wouldn't?!" Emilie asked with a smile. Talia raised her hand with a laugh. "Touché. Either way, we must be going. Matt, always a pleasure enjoy your time in up state New York. Talia, I will see you Wednesday afternoon."

The couples said 'goodbye' walking out if the bar and in opposite directions.

"Interesting couple," Matt commented much to Talia's amusement.

"Truly a pair meant to be," Talia nodded.

"So do you really think I should be afraid of your brothers?" Matt asked walking into the apartment behind her.

"Uhhh no?"

"That's comforting," Matt said with a sigh sitting on the bed taking his shoes off.

Talia placed a hand on his cheek gaining his attention. There was a look in her eyes that took his breath away in an instant.

"You will be fine, I promise, okay?" He nodded unable to find his voice. "Good."

Suddenly words weren't necessary as her lips crashed to his, her hands weaving their way into his hair as his hands came to rest at her lower back. Her lips never parted from his as her body came to rest on his lap, her legs on either side of his.

His hands trailed down her back to her thighs where he gripped them in the palm of his hands. Together their mouths, their tongues danced together in the perfect dance, two pairs of lips working together in perfect harmony.

His arms held her close to him, cradling her into him as he rotated their fused bodies around so she now lay beneath him. His hands trailed up her thigh to her hip feeling her hands massage his back under his shirt as her lips kissed their way down his jaw to his neck.

Their breathing came in a series of pants, their hearts beating out of their chests as one by one articles of clothing were peeled off of their bodies.

*M*

Talia sighed into his mouth as the warmth if his naked body came to rest on hers. His hard chest meeting her naked breasts feeling the heaving of their lungs with each breath they took.

Her hands tangled into his hair as he trailed his open mouth kisses down her neck to the swell of her breasts. A moan escaped her parted lips, her eyes closing as his mouth surrounded the hardened nipple of her left breast feeling his teeth graze it softly before his tongue swirling it in a soft caress. His fingers tugged at the hard peak of the other eliciting a louder moan from deep within her throat which only drove him further in his actions as his mouth trailed down to her hip bones. With an open mouth kiss placed to both momentarily before she felt him take her with his mouth.

"Oh," Talia moaned tugging his hair gently in her hands. She felt the gentle suction he doted upon her swollen clit as he inserted two fingers into her. "Shit."

She felt the pull from the pit of her belly rising up and she tugged his hair a bit harder.

"Matt, I want you," She moaned. "Matt, I want you in me," She tried again pulling his face from her and back to her lips, he moaned feeling her grip him in her hands as his tongue moved to claim hers once more.

"Hold on," He breathed moving from her to his bag beside the bed taking a foil package out. Talia smile as she watched him place it on and move back onto the bed and once again to his position between her legs.

"Hello," He said softly to her a soft smile on his lips.

"Hmmm hello," She softly replied her hands massaging his back. With one last smile he placed his lips back to her relishing in the feeling of her tongue battling against his as his hips pushed forward entering her filling her to the tilt.

Talia moaned feeling him come to rest once inside her.

"Are you okay?" He asked her quietly his hand stroking her cheek.

"Yes," She placed a soft kiss to his lips. "Keep going, don't stop."

Taking her left hand in his right, he interlaced their fingers placing it beside her head as he pulled out and pushed back in. Each stroke was deep and long, loving and caring. Their bodies slick with perspiration as they moved together, their moans and breathing being the only sounds filling the room.

"Matt," Talia moaned. "Oh god."

His eyes locked on hers taking in the hazy look take over her blue eyes. He took in the way her mouth lay slightly open as she moaned, a small crease forming in the middle of her forehead.

"Matt," She moaned again. The grip on his back from her right hand grew tighter as she began to grip him tighter on the inside.

"Yes, come on love."

With a small adjustment to the speed of his hips he felt her walls around him flutter as she cried out into the room. He noticed however, that her eyes stayed locked on his making everything heavier and deeper than just sex. The pull he felt for her, the way he felt his hearts link and the way her hand gripped his tugged him over seconds later.

*EM*

Talia chuckled moments later as Matt lay upon her gaining his breath and energy.

"What are you laughing at? That can't be good," He commented with a smile as he lifted his head to look at her.

"Oh no, I would never laugh at something that was so...mind blowing as that," Talia smiled kissing his lips.

"Mind blowing eh?"

"Oh yes, very."

"Hmmm I like that," He chuckled kissing her lips tenderly. "So what were you laughing about."

Talia giggled poking his nose gently. "The British came."

Matt looked at her for a moment before bursting into laughter. Being with Talia was never a dull moment.