My Heroine

Chapter 9

"So how was it seeing Harry again after so long?"

Lia looked at Kate, folding the tiny onesie they had just purchase before placing it in the drawer with the others. It had been weeks since the four of them had lunch and she knew it was only a matter of time before Kate began asking questions.

"I don't know," She shrugged. "It was a bit odd at first, but as time went on it got comfortable."

Kate nodded biting her bottom lip debating on whether or not she should ask the next question.

"What did you do when you went to his place after?" Kate asked somewhat cautiously.

"We talked, watched some movies and he gave me a tour." Lia responded while thinking. 'He also fucked me good and proper.'

She fought to keep the smirk off her face and failed miserably much to the delight of her brunette friend.

"What's that smile for? Did you guys kiss?" Kate questioned unable to hold back her excitement.

"What?! No! I hadn't seen him in 10 years and you think I'm going to kiss him?"

"But did you feel anything? Are the feelings still there?" Lia noticed that Kate had stopped folding what she had been working on and stared at her, giving Lia her undivided attention.

"I don't know, Kate. It was good to see him again, but I don't know how I feel beyond that. There's a lot of history and things that has to be addressed." Lia said the same thing that she had thought months ago, when she was trying to come to terms with his presence back in her life.

"I understand. Although, with the way he looked at you a couple of times that day, I suspect he still has feelings towards you."

Kate dropped the subject after that which Lia was more than fine with doing. Lia didn't like lying to her about the fact that they have been together for a couple of months now, but she knew that Harry really wanted to keep them private for now.

Later on that night, Harry and Lia were out in town in a local boutique wasting time before they had to make their dinner reservation. It wasn't the first time since he's been home that they'd been out in public together; they've gone to dinner, got ice cream and the occasional shopping trip. Each time they went out, much to their surprise, no photos ever surfaced. The couple knew it was only a matter of time before they did and their once secret romance would be a secret no more.

"Kate finally asked about the lunch." Lia said looking through some clothing racks. On her left Harry stood holding their bags from the stores previous to this one. Occasionally, he would offer his opinion on some shirt or dress she'd hold up.

"Oh yeah? How'd that go?" He asked shaking his head 'no' to the pale blue dress she held up. Smiling she placed the dress back with the others.

"It went fine. She asked what happened when we went to your place afterwards. I obviously told her we fucked like mad and I'm now expecting your love child." She quietly said while she nonchalantly continued to look through the clothes.

"Oh really?" Laughing, he reached out poking her in her side with his finger causing her to jump and laugh.

"Stop it." She laughed as he continued his action causing him to laugh every time she responded. "Haz, you're causing attention to us."

Harry moved, placing the bags at his feet as he wrapped his now free arms around her waist.

"I don't care, let them look. I'm happy and that's all that matters." He leaned in placing soft kisses on her should and neck, Lia laughed at the feeling of it tickling her slightly.

"And if they snap pictures?" Pulling away reluctantly, she raised an eyebrow at him. Harry shrugged smiling a childlike grin which earned him a small smile from her as she shook her head. Pausing momentarily from looking through the racks, she looked at the time. "Alright, time to head to dinner."

"Lia took a step to begin walking towards the exit, when she felt him pull her to his body. Wrapping his arms around her, he placed a kiss on her forehead as Lia smiled a wide, closed eyed smile. harry moved his hand into hers refusing to let go as they exited the store. Little did the couple know that the shop attendent, who was fully aware of who was underneath the cap he was wearing, photographed the entire exchange.

Two days later, Lia was at the grocery story checkout buying food for the dinner she was going to make Harry, when a headline on a paper caught her eye.

'Prince Harry's Red Hot Romance!'

Picking the paper up, she noticed that on the cover was a picture of the two of them from the other night. Harry's lips were pressed to her forehead with her very obviously smiling. Handing it to the cashier without a word, she quickly paid for all her items before rushing to her car.

Once she shut and locked her door, Lia flipped the paper open to the page that held the article connected with the pictures.

'It seems that something other than Prince Harry's, age 28, hair is red hot. The Prince was seen shopping late Tuesday night with a mystery Blonde. Sources say the couple was very affectionate as seen in these photo's.' Lia saw the that the photo's on the page with the article were of the same picture that had been on the cover along with the one of her wrapped in his arms while his lips kissed her shoulder and finally of them holding hands. 'It's very obvious from the photo's that the most sought after Prince, is no longer single.'

Lia finished the article sighing. Using her mobile, she took a photo of the paper sending it to Harry with the caption, "We've been caught."

It took only mere seconds for her to receive his response, causing her to burst into hysterical laughing as people passing by gave her odd looks.

'Did they bring up my ginger hair? ;P
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I began posting my other Prince Harry story where he is a single father to a baby girl. It's called Just Breathe. :)