Status: Complete!

After the Match

Chapter 3

* A Week Later *

None of the models were talking to Rosalina anymore, but she didn't care. It's not like they ever talked to her before anyways. They always just used to give her compliments and fawn over her. Everyone knew about her fleeing with Fernando that night at the club and her dating history didn't help. Everyone else she worked with didn't talk to her too much either. It was kind of a tense and awkward situation for them she supposed, but she still didn't care.

She still rocked the runway as she always did and was still the best model they had. Fernando and her have been keeping in touch as well. They would call each other every now and then, whenever they were bored or just needed to talk about something that just happened. A lot of the times, Fernando would call her upset, because of his marriage. Rosalina would then have to calm him down and tell him the right thing to do to make things right with his wife. Rosalina and Fernando had become one of each other's best friends.

* Another Week Later *

"So, how have things been with Fernando lately?" Isabella asked nonchalantly as they unpacked.

They were in a hotel in Valencia for the match the next day. Rosalina had been keeping Isabella updated on the things that were happening in both of their lives and how great of friends they were to each other now. Isabella approved of this type of relationship with Fernando and seemed to not even care what anyone else thought of it. Every time someone would bad mouth Rosalina though, she would cuss them out and leave.

"They've been alright, I guess. He's been having a lot of fights with Olalla though." Rosalina said, putting some clothes in the dresser.

"Right, she's been trying to get him to quit, right?" Isabella asked, examining some clothes.

"Yeah, and it's other things. She doesn't like to go out anymore and tells him constantly about how if he wasn't famous she could do the all things she wanted to in life. Not to mention, she always thinks he's going to cheat on her when he does go out. And because of all of it, she's been keeping her distance from him and acts like she has no feeling at all towards him." Rosalina replied as she kept putting in clothes.

"Sounds horrible, and they're only together for the kids?" Isabella replied, putting some clothes away.

"Unfortunately." Rosalina replied with a sigh as she shut a drawer full of clothes.

"Wow, what a life. Well, at least he has you to talk to about it all." Isabella replied, putting more clothes away.

* The Day of the Match *

"So, are you excited?" Isabella asked Rosalina with a huge smile on her face as she tugged on Rosalina's arm with enthusiasm.

Rosalina laughed and replied, "Of course, I hope he does well today after all he's been through lately."

Fernando looked so determined that it upset Rosalina a little though, something was wrong. He hadn't even acknowledged that she was there.

"Rosalina, earth to Rosalina." Isabella said, waving a hand in front of her friend's face to get her attention.

Rosalina snapped out of it and replied, "What- oh."

"What's wrong?" Isabella asked in concern.

"Nothing, I'm sure it's nothing." Rosalina replied, still staring at Fernando's face with concern.

The game started and as Rosalina watched Fernando play she grew more worried. In the ninth minute, an opposing player pulled on Fernando's jersey and brought him to the ground. Rosalina didn't say anything, however. Fernando immediately protested and a foul was called. In the nineteenth minute, Fernando was fouled on again and he ended up cussing the player out. Rosalina shook her head as she set it in her hands, the reason he was getting fouled on was because he wasn't giving the ball to anyone else.

With a sigh, she brought it back up as Isabella rubbed her back soothingly. In the end, Fernando ended up with two shots on goal and was substituted out in the seventy-second minute. The match ended with a one to one tie. Rosalina had watched Fernando sit on the sidelines alone with an unhappy expression. And when the other team had scored on them, he had cussed and walked off the field.

* After the Match *

"So Fernando hasn't called you at all about what's going on?" Isabella asked at the nightclub called Bananas.

"No, I told you he was acting weird during the match." Rosalina replied, staring at the team.

Fernando wasn't there. All of a sudden, Rosalina's phone rang. It was Fernando.

"Hey, where are you?" Rosalina asked.

"I'm at the hotel. Listen, could you meet me at Puente de la Exposicion?" He asked in a nervous sort of way.

"Um, yeah, of course. I'll see you there." Rosalina replied, knowing he wanted to talk to her about something important.

"Great, I'll see you there." He replied, hanging up on her.

Rosalina put down her phone then and Isabella asked, "Who was that?"

"It was Fernando. He wants me to meet him at Puente de la Exposicion." Rosalina replied, still staring at her phone.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go!" Isabella finally exclaimed, shooing her out.

"Right, bye! I'll see you at the hotel!" Rosalina replied, leaving.

But, for some reason, neither of them were sure that was true.

* Puente de la Exposicion *

Rosalina could see Fernando already there, waiting for her. He was looking out into the horizon and his hands were folded out in front of him.

"Hey, sorry. I came here as fast as I could." Rosalina said as she approached him.

He turned towards her quickly and just as quickly put both hands on the side of her face before kissing her on the lips passionately. Rosalina was surprised at first, but then relaxed into it. It felt like everything around her had disappeared and time had just stopped in that moment. It was utter bliss and when Fernando finally pulled away she sighed happily. When she looked into his eyes, she saw nothing but longing in them.

"Lina, how do you feel about me?" He asked her then.

A blush came on her cheeks then and she tried to put her feelings into words, "Well, when we first met I liked you. But then we started talking- And then you did that- I mean wow-"

"That's exactly how I feel." Fernando interrupted her rambling then, putting his forehead against her own.

Rosalina stared into his eyes with hope all over her face before closing her eyes and leaning in to kiss him on the lips lightly. He kissed her back with passion and she couldn't resist answering it with her own. He put her up on the railing as they started to make out. After a while, Rosalina put a stop to it though.

"Shouldn't we go to your room?" She asked, looking in his eyes, breathless.

Fernando looked around then, forgetting that they were in public. Then he gave her a smile, which she returned with a giggle. He took her hand to help her off the railing then and they walked on to his hotel.

* At the Room *

"Hey, Isabella, this is Rosalina. I'm not going to make it back tonight." Was all Rosalina said before hanging up on her with a smile.

Fernando gave her a smile to match her own as he laid in bed in front of her without a shirt on and his hands behind his head.

* The Next Match*

Fernando ended up scoring two goals. He no longer cared what his wife did or said to him anymore. Rosalina and him were seeing each other very often. They were also very much in love and Rosalina had never been happier. Isabella was just happy that Rosalina was happy and had finally found her match, nothing else mattered to her. Rosalina was still the top model at her agency.

* The Next Match *

Fernando hadn't talked to Rosalina in days or seen her for that matter. He had that same determined expression on his face, but this time Rosalina knew it really wasn't good. He had one assist, two goals off target, and had committed a brutal foul. What happened? Did something happen between Fernando and Olalla? Were they getting a divorce? Or did Rosalina and Fernando's love die out? Why was Fernando avoiding Rosalina? And why did Fernando not meet Rosalina "after the match" this time?