Status: Complete!

After the Match

Chapter 8

* About Two Months Later *

Rosalina and Fernando had been making wedding plans. It was tough for Fernando to focus both on the wedding and his career, but he loved doing both. They had planned for the wedding to be on May 20th, 2012. The day after the championship game. Either way, Fernando was going to be winning no matter what. Isabella had gone back to just focusing on her career. She was still not talking to Cristian.

* The Day of the Wedding *

Chelsea had won the tournament and it was a perfect day for a wedding. Rosalina could barely keep herself from getting emotional. Isabella was at her side, keeping her in check. Fernando couldn't have been happier. It was the most beautiful wedding anyone had ever seen. Rosalina's lace veil and dress were both endless and beautiful.

Rosalina was the happiest she had ever been. Isabella tried as hard as she could to be happy for Rosalina, but she didn't have the will power for it. She realized that the one person she loved would never be hers. She was talking to Rosalina when "he" showed up.

"Isabella, can I talk to you for a second?" An all too familiar male voice asked behind her.

Isabella looked at the ground and replied impatiently, "What do you want, Cristian?"

"Just give me a chance to explain, okay?" Cristiano said with a reasonable tone.

Isabella sighed and turned around to face him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Fine, what do you need to say?" She asked.

Cristiano messed with his hair and laughed a bit.

"You know, it's funny. I thought you'd be angry, but not this angry ha-ha." He replied, embarrassed.

Isabella rolled her eyes and looked away from him in impatience.

"Alright, here it is." Cristiano said, after a moment of silence.

Isabella looked back at Cristiano again, prepared.

"Isabella, it's always been you that I go to in times of need, or when I'm sad, or anything. You've always been there for me. For that, I am forever grateful. I have been trying my whole life to find the love of my life to only realize that she was right there beside me." Cristiano explained.

Isabella looked away again and fidgeted in uncomfortableness.

"I mean I won the La Liga tournament and none of it mattered. I still was not happy, because I knew what I had done. I knew that you would never forgive me. And, for that, I am sorry." Cristiano went on before bending down on one knee in front of her and taking her hand.

Isabella's eyes widened in shock at him.

"But if you will forgive me. Would it be too much to ask? I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Bella. Only you and me, together that's it. No one else. No one else in the whole world could make me feel the way I do when we're not together. Isabella Roxana Selena Sonia, I will love you forever. Will you marry me?" Cristiano finally asked with sincerity in his eyes.

Isabella was crying by now and wiping away stray tears with her free hand. She looked back at Rosalina who simply shrugged with a smile on her face.

Isabella looked back at Cristiano and nodded while saying with a smile on her face, "Yes."

Cristiano had never smiled wider and he slipped the ring onto her finger. All of a sudden, applause burst out everywhere and Cristiano stood up to give Isabella a kiss. Isabella wrapped her arms around Cristiano's neck and laughed after she kissed him.

"Yay." Rosalina said, while clapping with a smile on her face.

Fernando was smiling as well. Then the two recently engaged went over to the spouses with smiles on their faces. The two women gushed over the ring and good news, while the two men conversed happily with each other. Everyone was the happiest they had ever been.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this story is finished. I'm thinking about writing some more related to futbol. Possibly about Oscar from Chelsea? Or someone else? I'm not sure, if you have any ideas just leave me a comment.