My Vampire Slave

Crack

“Mom, don’t be stupid.” I pleaded. She sighed, rolling her eyes.

“Scarlette, its already done. Your father is having the item delivered tonight.” I frowned. I hated the fact that she used my full name, and I hated the fact that she called him or her an item. Slaves aren’t items, they are people.

50 years ago, vampires became known to the human race. They tried to take the human race over. We retaliated and won. We call the war the ‘war of blood’, super cliche. Since then, vampires are few. The few that still exist are slaves for the rich. My mother had 3, my father has 4. Its a sign of your power.

“Mom.” I said firmly. She sighed. Just then the door opened and I cringed at the sight. In walked one of my fathers slave, Milo. I considered Milo and I friends, although you would never know unless we were alone. He was holding a chain, and I just knew my slave was at the other end of it.

A boy came stumbling in. He looked defeated. He was tall, probably about 6 feet. He had dark hair that was in a messy updo. He looked dirty, like he hadn’t showered in weeks. His clothing consisted of a grey t-shirt that looked like it had never been washed, a pair of jeans that were too small on him, and a pair of shoes that had holes in the ends so his toes could stick out. He looked awful.

“Milo, I got it.” I said, taking the chain. I knew he was skeptical seeing as no matter how weak this boy looked, he was stronger than me. He handed me the chain, and left after.

“See Scarlette, even Milo supports this decision.” My mom said before leaving me alone with the strange boy in chains. He stood still. I walked up to him and undid his chains, they were plated in silver, I knew they hurt. He glanced up at me, my breath instantly got caught in my throat.

His eyes were a warm chocolaty brown with flecks of copper in them. He had a strong jaw, and dark stubble growing on it. He was handsome. I gulped.

“Come on, you need a shower.” I said lightly before walking to my room. I heard his voice behind me.

“As you wish madame.” It was quiet. I didn’t know how to act. I was guilty, plain and simple.

Once we reached my room, I instantly frowned. My room was large. It was more of a condo than a room. It had a kitchen area, lounging area, and sleeping area. There was a small blanket folded in the corner next to a fridge with a microwave on top. No doubt that it was filled with blood and that the blanket was supposed to be his bed. He walked straight over to it, his eyes filled with wonder. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking.

“Look, I know the living arrangements are shitty but you can take my bed. I’ll take a couch in the lounge. He turned to look at me, eyebrows raised.

“Scarlette don’t be silly. You are my owner remember.” I could tell he was bitter. I shot him a glare, he flinched.

“Look, I hate the idea of vampire slaves. its ridiculous. I’ll get you your own bed. There are seven other vampires here. All male, I guess its sort of a preference thing. They are my parents. And call me Scar.” I expected him to look shocked, but instead he just looked pissed. He scoffed.

“Yeah, a human girl not wanting a slave. You aren’t fooling me, you are all so materialistic.” I was about to speak when he cut me off. “I’ll take my punishment whatever it is, but don’t try to fool me or yourself into thinking that you are a good person.” He practically hissed at me. I knew what punishment he was speaking of and felt like vomiting.

One thing that I had accomplished with my parents and their slaves was the fact that they didn’t beat them anymore. We had silver chains around still, but they were no longer used to whip the backs of the vampires who misbehaved. They were just kind of there.

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of black jeans that would fit him and a dark red V-neck. I had a drawer dedicated to clothing my male friends had left over. Sex was my wait of avoiding, and it was damn fun. My parents knew, they said nothing.

“Here. Shower is over there. I’ll be in the library.” I grumbled tossing him the clothes. I picked up my phone and called Milo. He answered immediately.

“Hey Scar.” I could tell from how he greeted me that he was alone. I smiled.

“Hey Milo, think I could borrow a pair of your shoes?” I asked smiling.

“For the new guy right? I saw his, they were a mess.” He paused. “Take my checkered vans. They are a bit too big on me, they’ll fit him good.” I smiled.

“Thanks Milo. I’ll give them back after I get a chance to go out and buy him his own pair.” He laughed.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you later yes?” I could hear his smirk. I smiled.

“Of course, wear something sexy.” I hung up and smile. Milo was just a friend, but we fooled around a bit. His vampire abilities made the sex amazing. I walked to the library, inhaling the smell of dust and books.

The library was my safe place. The maids didn’t even come up here. My father and mother have no reason to come up here, other than to find me. I loved it.

I was curious on the blood war. I didn’t know much about it, just what the textbooks said and what people like my parents, who remember it say. I looked up, groaning at the journals of my family being at the very top shelf. I looked over at the rolling ladder, it wasn’t modern at all. It was old, and made of wood, and hasn’t been moved in years. I walked over to it and tugged on it, getting it to glide over to where I needed it easily.

My family has been rich as long as we had history for. The first journal started in 1759, and now my parents and I kept journals now. Mine are horrible though, I never had anything to write about. I knew my parents wrote about our money and how people viewed us. I wrote about what I did that day, and how angry I am at my family, how I didn’t care about the money. I just hope in 100 years someone bothers to read mine and realizes we weren’t such horrible people.

I stopped the ladder at the 1950’s-1960’s spot and sighed, starting my climb. I was about 20 feet up when I heard the first crack. Stupid me, brushed it off to be a creak. I kept climbing all the way to the top. I glanced down, I was at the top of a 50 foot ladder. I started digging around in the journals. There were so many of them. I glanced over and one caught my eye. It wasn’t labeled with a year, it was labeled as “The Blood War”. I reached as far as I could over, it was inches away from my hand.

Crack.

There was another crack only this time the ladder broke. My fingers brushed the edge of the journal I was reaching for before I felt myself falling. I panicked. I let out a scream, squeezing my eyes closed. My back hit something hard, but it wasn’t the floor. I slowly opened one eye to see the new guy. I was cradled to his chest, the ladder broken around us.

“Sorry for using my speed. I’ll accept my punishment.” He said quietly setting me down on the ground. I couldn’t say that he didn’t make me curious. One minute he was so hateful, it was no secret he hated humans. The next he is acting like how Milo acts when he is around my father.

“Uh, no punishment.” I didn’t know how to act around him. I really didn’t want a slave, but I couldn’t fire him, and I knew if I sold him again he would just be treated horribly again.

“Thank you miss.” He said quietly. I was slightly annoyed.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to the others.” I glanced up at the journal, I’ll have Milo or one of the others get it down for me later. I walked out, and he fell into step behind me. The vampires area was in the basement. I made sure that it was liveable. Some lived in their masters rooms. Others lived in the basement. Once my parents got married, all of their vampires went to live in the basement.

5 Flights of stairs later, we were in the basement. I could tell he was curious. He could smell the vampire, but it looked like the rest of the house. There were wood floors, black leather couches, a 72” television with netflix, a blueray player, a PS4 and an Xbox. There was a large glass fridge that was straight from a blood bank. Completely stocked. There was a kitchenette area, dishes, and then four bedrooms. Unfortunately they had to share rooms. Each bedroom had its own bathroom though. The walls were all a dark blue and there were no windows. It was nice honestly, I wouldn’t mind living down here.

“This is the vampire area, you can come down here whenever you would like. Gaming system” I gestured to the area where most of the guys hang out. “If there isn’t a movie or game you want, let me know. I’ll get it. The kitchen.” I pointed to the kitchen area. “And down that hall is bedrooms. If you are tired you can either sleep in my room of just pick a room. I’m not sure how the boys have it worked out.” He nodded, still looking around.

“This is the slaves quarters?” He asked. I could tell he didn’t believe me. I smirked.

“The only human that comes down here is me.” In a second I was picked up and pressed against the wall. Familiar lips found mine and I smiled. I pulled away a bit and he got the hint. “Milo, meet the new guy.” I said quietly. He just smirked and turned around, holding his hand out to him.

“My name is Milo mate. I suppose we already met. And you are?” He asked lightly.

“Leon.” The new guy said quietly. I smiled. Leon, it fit him. “You, uh, you and the human?” Milo just laughed, as did I.

“No, we are just really good friends who have really good sex.” Milo said smirking. I smiled and walked over to him.

“Good sex? But she is a” he looked to me and paused. “Nevermind.” Milo laughed.

“But she is a human? You would be surprised, she is one of the best.” I smirked.

“Damn straight, now help me find the rest of the boys.” I said lightly. Within seconds, I fell to my butt. I knew who pushed me and glared up at Jared’s face.

“Leon, meet Jared. Jared loves pushing you around but you get used to it. He works with my mother.” Jared had long blonde hair pulled into tight braid and a ginger red beard. I smiled as he helped me up. The rest of the boys started filing in.

“This is Victor,” I pointed to the boy with no hair. He shaves it off to show off his head tattoo’s. “And Liam.” I gestured to the youngest of them all. He was turned at 14. He had messy boyish brown hair and the cutest smile in the world. Although he would be in his thirties, I would always see him as a young boy. “Julien.” I pointed to Julien. I had fooled around with him a couple times but when I started liking him as more than a friend I stopped. He had gorgeous green eyes with long black hair in a ponytail. It went all the way to his butt. “And thats Oli.” I pointed to a man who looked like he was turned in his forties or fifties. I talked to him when I needed someone to talk to because even though every one of these men are older than me, he looked the part. I frowned. “Where is Theo?” I asked. The all shrugged, but I knew exactly where he was. I groaned.

“You guys are all friends with her?” Leon asked. They all shrugged.

“Theo was the first vampire here, he is her moms favorite.” I blushed, knowing that they were fooling around right now. “When I got here, Theo told me how awful they were. Said to stay in line because they would whip me with silver chains.” I looked up guiltily at Liam. Liam was the second vampire here.”But then when this one here started talking and walking, she practically forced her parents to stop with the torture.” Liam smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. I smiled. Liam looked like he was 2 years younger, and even though he was older I felt like he was a child who needed my protection.

“Leon you are the luckiest here belonging to her. Although you’ll have to deal with her string of men.” Julien said smirking. I punched him in the shoulder lightly. He was still a bit hostile towards me, he really liked me but I knew it couldn’t happen. For his safety and mine. My father would have him killed.

“Its not a string of men.” I grumbled. I could tell they were all trying to hold back their laughs. To them, I am a harlot. To me, I’m a girl who likes sex because it makes her forget about her problems for a bit and enjoy some bliss.

“What did I miss?” I looked up to see Theo standing the doorway smiling, his hair a bit messed up. Honestly if Theo wasn’t screwing my mom I would be screwing him. He is the best looking of them all, well minus Leon. He still looked a bit scrawny and messy but I have a feeling that he would be sexy as hell once he bulked up.

“Leon, this is Theo. The madame’s mistress.” Oli joked. All the guys laughed, except for Leon who just looked uncomfortable and Theo, who shot them all a dirty look.

“Milo, can you grab Leon a pair of shoes?” I asked sweetly. He shot me a smirk before nodded and heading down the hall. I looked at them. “Do you think one of you could do a little vampire jumpy jump and get a book down for me?” Jared stepped forward and looped his arm through mine.

“You lead the way kitten.” Jared said through his thick irish accent. I laughed. We started walking towards the door when Leon’s voice stopped us.

“Wait!” He called. We turned around. “What am I supposed to do in the mean time?”