My Vampire Slave

Theo's Bite

“Jesus Scar, what happened?” Jared looked around at the broken ladder that was in pieces around us. I shrugged like it was no big deal, even though when it happened I was terrified.

“The ladder broke. Leon caught me so its okay though.” I stepped forward and pointed up, a bit to the left of the ladder where the book was.

“You do know if he hadn’t caught you, your father would either blame him and torture him or sell him to the highest bidder. You need to be careful.” He warned. Like I hadn’t thought about that Jared. I sighed, and pointed up again.

“Top shelf. Its a journal labeled ‘The Blood War’.” He raised his eyebrows, but jumped up and held on to the edge of the shelf looking for it. He called down.

“Do you want me to grab the rest of the years from the war or just this one?” He yelled. I shrugged and called up.

“Grab them all. Thanks Jared!” He hopped down with 7 journals in his hands. He had a goofy smile on his face as he set them down on the only table that wasn’t dust covered. Victor would always come up here and clean off a table and chair for me. Said it would ruin the books and I could get sick from all the dust in the air.

“Why are you looking into The Blood War?” I shrugged.

“Curiosity?” I tried. He laughed a bit. I sat down and he sat down right next to me.

“You know I could tell you all about them. I was a soldier. All of us were. Well, except for Liam. But thats because he was an unfortunate soul that got attacked after the war was over.” Again, I felt bad for Liam. He really got the shit end of the stick.

“Will you?” I asked. He nodded, but his smile disappeared.

“We started it, as you probably already know. We were under our ruler Queen Kellin. She was a bit nuts, but she knew how to get people excited. Many vampires opposed the whole ordeal, but would be killed if we didn’t agree with our queen.” I cut in.

“Our?” He got a sad smile.

“I was part of the group that didn’t want to go to war with the humans. Sure we were stronger, faster, and smarter. But we have so many weaknesses. Silver for example. Garlic too. The second the humans found out our weaknesses, we would be done for. Thats why we lost the war. Julien and I were generals. I don’t know if you remember when I first came here, but it was amazing being reunited with him. Knowing he wasn’t dead.” He paused.

“Was Julien for or against the war?” I asked lightly. I was actually curious, I knew that all of them were alive during the time but I didn’t know that they were generals. Jared got another sad smile.

“He was for it. He agreed though that if the humans found out our weaknesses, we would be over. But he thought that we could kill and enslave them faster than they could find our weakness.” He paused, then continued. “Our plan of attack was to keep our mouths shut so the humans couldn’t see our fangs, march right up to your president and kill him. Keep the battle at the white house, lights off. Our advantage if it was dark. Didn’t work out though.” I cut him off, knowing the rest of the story.

“A vampire ratted you out. Lillian, she had a thing with our president at the time. She loved him, he didn’t love her-” He cut me off.

“So he got her to tell him our weaknesses and then chopped off her head.” He finished. I cringed. It sounded so awful. “I remember when we were on our way, about 30 helicopters started above us. By the time we had figured out what was happening, it was too late. As many as they could made it into buildings and to safety. Garlic dust rained down from the sky, I made it into a flower shop. One of my soldiers bit and turned the girl who was working there, we needed to rebuild our army. Julien was taken.” I could tell he felt guilty. I put my hand on top of his and he brought it to his lips, kissing the back of it. I could tell he was deep in thought.

“You can finish telling me some other time, okay?” I knew that it was hard for him to talk about. Especially if he was a general. Generals were supposed to lead to victory, not to slavery and destruction.

“Okay kitten.” I smiled and my nickname. He swung his arm over my shoulder, drawing me in closer. I smiled. He was warm, the rest of the boys were cold except for Julien. I learned later on that it was because Julien and Jared were born as vampires. The rest were once human, but bitten.

Jared and Milo were the only ones to tell me about their families. Milo’s parents turned him in the second they found out he was bit. I actually know Milo’s family, they have several slaves of their own. They are in their eighties now. Still come to all of the gala’s though. One of the reasons I think that we bought him. Jareds families house was burnt to the ground with them in it. The only relatives he has are distant, who may or may not be dead.

“You know, I bet if I dig around in my old stuff I could find a couple of my journals from this time. I didn’t journal much, but that was because there was a war going on. You know?” He said smiling a bit. I smiled and hugged his arm tightly.

“Thanks Jared.” I said. As if on que, I heard my fathers voice right outside the library. I scooted away from Jared, not wanting him to get in trouble.

“Scarlette darling, is Jared in here?” The door swung open and he stepped in. He glanced at the table and back up at me, question in his eyes. “Why are you looking at the old journals?” I shrugged, letting a lie flow easily.

“Its for my blog. I wanted to write about our families wealth, I needed Jared to help because I broke the ladder.” He glanced over my shoulder to the ladder and his expression got hard.

“Are you okay?” He didn’t care, his eyes were cold. I gulped, and nodded. “You shouldn’t have used it in the first place. I’ll send Liam up to clean up this mess. I’ll have him send up your slave, because your mother needs hers. Come Jared.” Jared gave me a small bow.

“Excuse me Mademoiselle.” He said, I could see a glimmer of amusement in his eyes.

“Slave, get out of my sight!” I said jokingly. He cracked a grin, my father let out an annoyed sigh. He hated that I was friendly towards them. The only reason he didn’t torture them was for my sake.

Both my father and Jared left, closing the door behind them. I picked up one of the books marked 1951-1953 and started flipping through, a page caught my eye. Actually, a name caught my eye.

June 24th, 1953

Too much blood has been shed, too many resources wasted. The blood suckers are strong but the only way that the human race is going to come out of this alive is if we make peace. The Mason’s boy has been bitten. It makes me fear for my own son, Richard. Rich and Milo Mason were friends, when he found out that the Mason’s had turned him in he got a cold look in his eyes that I had never seen before. This is what war does to children. It corrupts them.

Rose is terrified for her family. I keep trying to comfort her, and keep her safe but she is still so young. Pauline heard me talking to Rose. I tried to tell her I was talking to my sister but I think she knows and that cannot be good. I need to move Rose tonight. The darkness will hide her so I can get her back to her own kind. They’ll protect her.

- W.T. Walters


I frowned. W.T. Walters is my grandfather, William Thomas Walters. Pauline was my grandmother before she passed away. Rose? Who is Rose? Get her back to her own kind? Was my grandfather protecting a vampire? A million questions raced through my mind.

My father was friends with Milo before he was turned? The door opened and Liam came skipping in with an axe while Leon walked in with his head down. I quickly folded the corner of the page and closed the journal. I would have to go farther back and see if he wrote about who Rose was. I needed to know.

“Hey beautiful.” Liam said. I smiled. He was adorable.

“Hey handsome. Come to clean up my mess?” I gave him an apologetic smile as he looked at the ladder.

“Damn Scar, good think Leo was here. I raised my eyebrows and looked to Leon.

“Leo?” He glared.

“You can call me Leon.” Liam scoffed.

“Only his friends call him Leo. He thinks that we are all brainwashed by you because you are a human.” Leon shot him a glare. I cracked a smile.

“I’ll accept my punishment.” Leon said. I smirked. He was just waiting for me to punish him. I wonder what he is going to say when he finds out that I’ll never beat him. I would be disgusted with myself.

“Your punishment is to let me call you Leo.” I said matter of factly. He got a knowing look in his eye when I mentioned punishment. When he realized what the punishment was, he shot me a glare.

“No.” He said, crossing his arms. Liam looked amused.

“No? I don’t think so Leo.” I smirked. He growled. My eyes widened. A vampire had only growled at me once and that was Theo when I was about 10. He had just gotten beat and he was angry. I shuddered at the thought.

“Leo, back the hell off of her.” Liam was standing in between us and had his hand on Leo’s chest, ready to shove him back if he had to.

“No problem.” Leo got a sadistic smile, backing up a few steps and sitting on a dust covered couch. Liam shot me a knowing smile, I rubbed the spot on my stomach where Theo had bitten me.

That day when he was so angry, he took out his angry for my mom on me. He bit me with every intention of turning me into a vampire, and then draining me. I was so terrified, I remember thinking about how I was going to die, and then accepting that I was going to die. After he realized what he was doing though, he sucked out his venom and then got a first aid kit to stitch me up. He always feels guilty about it, especially when he sees the bite. For him, it felt like minutes ago that he did that even though for me it was years. Thats when I got my parents to stop torturing them, because I saw what it did to good people. We never told my parents about it, mainly because he would be dead.

I picked up a journal, and buried my nose in it once again.