My Vampire Slave

Flawless Skin

I walked around the house, curious to what I might find. This house had history, unlike my last owners house. They had their house custom built. This one was huge, and must have been here for years.

The other vampires had been colder towards me since I started making mean comments about Scar. I don’t know what she did to them, but they are all so loyal. They would do anything for her, while I doubt she would do anything for them.

“Hey Leo.” Jared walked up next to me. He was wearing a pair of swim trunks and had a towel over his shoulder. His long hair was in a tight bun on top of his head. He had scars all over him. On his back and shoulders. Some were bite marks, but none of the scars were recent.

“Hey Jared.” I said calmly. If I had worn something like that, My old owner would have made me soak in a garlic bath.

“Me, Theo, Oli, and Scar are out back in the pool if you want to join us. Scar had swim trucks delivered. She said she would take you out to get some clothing and a pair you like tomorrow.” He said smiling. I shook my head.

“Maybe next time. I don’t like being in the company of humans.” My voice sounded venomous, I didn’t mean it too. Jared stopped me by slamming me back into a wall. He was stronger than me no doubt. I decided against fighting back.

“Look, Scar is a special girl. Either stay out of her way and forget about her, or get used to her. Don’t talk about her like she is one of them because she is not.” Jared practically hissed at me. His voice was low but I knew the threat was real. He released me, and started walking away.

“Shit.” I said under my breath. I couldn’t help but be curious about her though. I had been the worse slave I could possibly be. At first, it was for the hope of being resold. I didn’t want to be a slave to a teenage girl. Now, its to see how far I can push before she breaks.

I walked up to Scar’s room, and as promised a pair of plain black swim trunks were folded and sitting on the bed. I quickly changed and peeked in the mirror. I wouldn’t be mean to her, but I didn’t have to like her either. I needed allies in my escape and if learning about her is the only way to break her spell over them, then so be it.

I heard them laughing before I reached the door. Oli was saying something about Scar not being fast enough, but the rest of their conversation was covered by the sound of splashing. I walked out, and things got quiet. Scarlette was standing next to the pool, Theo was behind her with his arms protectively wrapped around her waist. Oli was walking up to the diving board, he paused and nodded at me. Jared was in the water, he smiled when he saw me.

“Glad you decided to join us mate.” He said, full on smiling now. Scar looked away, but conversation continued. I sat down on the edge of the pool, letting my feet sink in. My old masters put silver around their pool, I was forbidden from swimming. They didn’t want a vampire contaminating their pure pool. Like I would, it was filled with holy water.

“Theo!” Scars giggly yell brought me out of my day dream to see her running from Theo. He could easily catch her, they both knew that yet he didn’t catch her. Not yet anyways.

Everyones bodies were full of scars, except for scar’s body. Her skin was so smooth and undamaged. She let out a playful scream as Theo picked her up and hurled her towards the pool. They were a good 20 feet away, but I had no doubt that she would land in the pool. She screamed the entire way, covering her face with her hands. When she hit the water, Jared partially caught her so she wouldn’t go too far under. They all reminded me of typical big brothers. Oli rolled his eyes and walked over, helping her out. Thats when I noticed it.

I knew she had been marked. No doubt about it, but her mark looked wrong. It was on her lower stomach, slightly to the right. It was the only blemish on her otherwise perfect skin. What was wrong about it though was that it wasn’t a lovers mark, it was an attack mark. She was attacked. And because she was marked, she was technically property. Or atleast thats what it felt like to us.

I had marked a girl once. I was just feeding off of her, and things got carried away. The next day, I felt myself drawn to her. When I found her, she was so beautiful and perfect. But she was a human, so I ignored it. After a couple weeks, I could no longer ignore it. She was bedding other men, All I could think about was how she was mine. It wasn’t romantic, it was possessive. I eventually had to kill her because I couldn’t take it anymore. The real question is, who marked her? Did Milo attack her during one of their encounters?

Theo wrapped his arms around her again, his palm flat on bite. I knew it must be him, he is not who I would have guessed. If another vampire touched my mark I left on the human girl, I would have gone crazy with rage. If another vampire tried to remove it, I would have been on a murder spree.

I couldn’t stop staring at her skin though. It was so perfect. I felt angry at Theo for daring to mark such flawless skin, why wasn’t she angry though?

“Come on mate.” Jared grabbed my ankle and pulled me into the water faster than I could protest. The water felt warm on my skin, but I could tell it would be cold on Scars. Jared’s fingers were warm around my ankle, I almost regretted the fact he let me go. I loved warm places.

I swam up until I broke the surface, throwing a glare to Jared, who was grinning like a small child on christmas.

“Really?” I combed my wet hair out of my face while he just laughed. Oli was no longer at the pool. Scar’s laugh distracted me again. I glanced over to her and Theo. She was on Theo’s shoulders, trying to balance herself. Theo wouldn’t let her fall. I can tell she liked doing stuff on her own, she didn’t know that they all babied her.

“Stop staring. She isn’t food.” Jared practically hissed at me. I looked back to Jared.

“You know as well as I do that she is marked.” I mumbled back. That mark bothered the shit out of me. I wonder how Theo handles the fact that she is sleeping with Milo.

“Her blood still smells amazing. The number one rule is don’t bite Scar.” He sounded angry, but then he sighed. “Look, just keep your fangs in your mouth and you’ll be fine. She claims to love us all, and I know she does. But she is terrified of getting bitten again, keep your mouth away from her.” Jared floated on his back away from me, but Theo’s glare was palpable

This was the first I had heard of any of them saying anything bad about Scarlette. It wasn’t exactly bad, but we are vampires. She is afraid of our fangs? She was secretly terrified of them. Instead of beating us though, she is so afraid she thinks that the only way to survive is to become part of the team. What a joke.

Satisfied that I had figured out her game, I got out of the pool and walked inside. I was stopped by Mrs. Ross. She placed her arm on my chest and smiled at me.

“Leon. I could use some help upstairs. Will you join me? I could really use some help.” Lust was radiating off of her body. Panic hit me.

“Sorry mom, I was actually asking Leo to come in and help me with something. Theo is outside though.” I turned to see Scarlette in her bikini, dripping wet. Her hand was covering the bite.

“Oh, well I’ll go get Theo then.” Mrs. Ross’s displeasure was palpable. She stepped around me and and passed Scar. I turned slightly to look at her. Her red bikini was clinging to her skin, nipples poking against the thin fabric. I gulped and turned away, looking at anything but her.

“Leo, I’m going to need the room tonight. Either sleep downstairs or wait for Milo to leave.” She gave me an awkward and uncomfortable smile, her hand never left the spot on her stomach that Theo had bit.

“You do know that it bothers Theo a crazy amount when you sleep with Milo?” The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. I instantly regretted it. She glared.

“Who I sleep with is none of your business. And it doesn’t bother Theo, he sleeps with my mother almost every day.” She snapped. I needed to stop, but I didnt.

“You are his possession.” I sounded cynical. She rolled her eyes. I expected her to be more angry.

“Please, he bit me when I was like ten. Great to see my one mishap with Theo is the gossip of the week. It always seems to be when a new vampire comes.” She was defeated. She knew she was his possession.

“If you know its killing Theo inside, why are you sleeping with Milo?” I was confused. I mean, I know she doesn’t actually care for Theo but it would be nice to hear her say it. Fury lit in her eyes. She walked close to me, putting her hands on my chest and shoving me backwards. Her strength took me by surprise. I could easily take her but still, I didn’t expect her to be strong.

“Because I’m dead inside too.”