Status: Completed :3 This was a real-life occurrence. Hehe. Go read my other stories; mostly my completed one "The Ghost Of You"

You Gotta Fall Before You Fly

You Gotta Fall Before You Fly

POV Gerard~

--2 HOURS BEFORE--

“Boys! Do you guys wanna go ice skating today? I heard that there’s a rink down in the town and I wouldn’t mind taking you guys..?” Mom asked very concerned about our answers.

“I wanna!!!” I shrieked out.

“Ehh… I’ll try…” Mikey barely made out.

“Do you know how to, Mikey?” I asked, now this conversation between the two of us. I heard the door, meaning that my mom left the room to fetch the keys.

“Do you even know how to skate, Mikey?” I asked, now this conversation between the two of us.

“Do YOU even know how?” He threw back at me.

“Yeah man. This shit’s easy peasy, pumpkin peasy… Pumpkin pie motherfucker!” I screamed and ran out to the car.

“If you say so…” Mikey trailed behind me, mumbling profanities about me, but I was too lazy to yell at him.

Yeah.. I’m a hypocrite… Haha!

---Present Time---

I slid on my skates onto the newly paved ice and grabbed Mikey’s hands and pulled him onto the ice. I had skated for a few hours before, and Mikey sat out, on his phone, awaiting me to watch me fall to my death. He held onto his walker as if that if he were to let go, the world would smash into pieces, self-destruct and then burn like the million ashes surrounding my hollow heart.

“Mikey! Come on dude! Get off the wall!” I shouted at my little brother. He was petrified to get off the wall because he thought he was going to fall and make a fool of himself. The sadder part about this is that he has a walker to help him do this…

“I-I can’t let go of it 'G-Gee!” He squealed out.

I turned around and watched as my breath left my lips, it came out in a cloud. Suddenly, I felt my ankles twitch and my legs gave out. Some brunette hit me in the stomach and kept going. The oxygen left my lungs and it felt like a cinder block was dropped down through my esophagus and took the place of the lost breath.

The ice came in contact with my arms, legs and side. My face hitting last. The cold was a shock to my almost warm body. I let out a cry of surprise, shock and pain.

“Mikey! Goddamnit! Help me up!” I desperately yelled out for him. I tried to crawl over the the wall where Mikey was laughing at me. It felt like everyone was watching me. Suddenly, all I wanted to do was devour myself and hide.

I put my hand out to grip onto the ice to get myself out of everyone’s way, but I was stopped by someone. The skated out in front of me and kneeled down to help me. I lifted my eyes from Mikey’s way and stared at the body next to me. It was a boy around my age, but definitely shorter and more importantly, cuter… He had black fringe, and the sides of his hair were shaved and bleached. He had a nose and lip ring, and red eye liner surrounded his adorable hazel, golden eyes.

“Hey…” His pierced lips split from each other in the most perfect way as he spoke. “Do you need any help here?” He asked, and stretched his hand out. He shot me a heart-melting smile

I gripped his black-skeleton gloved hand and fingers and he pulled me close. He looked me straight in the eyes and winked at me.

“I-Uh...I-... Thank y-you…” I stuttered… I was so hopeless at this. I glanced at Mikey and he gave me this look that read ‘well-look-at-fucking-that-hot-damn...’ I smirked at him and his face didn’t fade.

“You’re welcome, man,” He smirked at me and I saw his lip ring glint in the light.

My head felt much colder than before and I looked up at the ceiling of the white tent and noticed that white speckles where falling. From where? I really don’t know… I think the bigger question was why is this great thing happening to me?

“Hey…” He murmured and got my attention. I stared deep into his hazel orbs and I felt his hand go into the pocket of my jacket, he soon retrieved it. “It’s snowing in a tent…”

“I know… New Jersey is kinda weird like that, ya know?”

He just giggled and my body heated so quickly, it hurt. He gave me another smirk and started to skate off, letting go of my hand. My face grew a frown and he chuckled again before he skated off, farther into the crowd of strangers.

I felt my face fall and I skated to the exit and sat my table. I sipped on my coffee and sighed a million times.

“I saw him…” Mom joked around.

“Oh really? I think everyone watched me fall to my ass and laugh as someone tried to help the faggot up…” I murmured and lowered my head onto the green, plastic covered table.

I heard her sigh and sit next to me. “Sweetie… It’s okay…” She paused. “Check your coat,” I heard the smile in her voice.

I reached deep into the left pocket, and came back empty handed.

“Right one…” I heard Mikey snicker behind me.

I dug into my right pocket and pulled out a little post-it note, and read what was written.

“Dear Mystery Boy,

I watched you skate around. It was sweet of you to help out your brother since he seemed so new at this. I could tell by the way he wouldn’t let his eyes, nor hands leave the fencing of the ice. Anyway, I followed you around and now I am finally close enough to get this to where you might actually read it soon. Anyway. Call me or text me anyday. :)

1-(342)-587-0909

-Frankie xox”

I smiled at myself and held the note close to my chest.

I suddenly realized that I needed to fall to figure out how to fly...
♠ ♠ ♠
so this happened today. everything besides the note thingy… so i made it into a Frerard One-Shot!!!

I thought I would post this too because my story “The Ghost of You” as 380 reads and 31 votes, so if you haven’t read it, you should. :3 It’s completed so that’s a bigger turn on, eh?

[FUCK YEAH, 1073 WORDS!!!]

~~Stay strong, beautiful oness <3

-Karly Alexis