Status: Re-Work

Find My Purpose

Part Of Your Plan

I run my fingers though my hair, before putting it up in a messy bun using the over size scrunchie I was holding between my teeth. My bare feet walking on my light brown, wooden floor, as I make my way towards the fridge. I hum away to the radio, enjoying my day off. I retrieve the glass bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice.

"Estrid," he states, his demigod like voice fills my ears.

Spinning around, I gasp in shock to find Loki before me, in my small apartment. I place the glass bottle on the bench. I take in his appearance, he hasn’t changed. His ocean blue eyes pulling me in.

“Loki,” I whisper softly, still is disbelief.

Running his fingers over the light grey fabric of the two seater couch, he speaks his mind as a smirk of amusement plays on his lips, "I was shocked to be informed, that you've made this pathetic planet your home."

Leaning against the counter with my arms crossed over my chest, I watch him closely while I reply softly, "Well I was no longer welcomed at-"

"That was never our home," Loki snarls, cutting me. The smirk is wiped off his face by displeasure.

Yet, within a blank of an eye, a smirk forms once more. He slowly walks up to me, my breath catches in my throat as he closes the distance between us. He cups my face, his thumb caressing my check.

“You still look as beautiful as I remember,” he whispers softly. His eyes look down to my lips before he leans into me. I don’t stop, more to the fact, I can’t stop him. I often lay in bed at night, craving his touch, his lips. He has always been forbidden fruit and I was drawn to him.

His lips press to mine, turning into a passionate kiss. Even after all this time, I melt to his touch and charm. His hand moves to my hair, his entangled fingers in my hair, pulling me towards him. I place my hands around his neck, pressing my body against his. Oh, how I have missed him.

“I have missed you,” I mumble quietly, against his lips.

“As I, with you my love,” he confesses, staring down at me. His tall figure, hovering over me.

Tilting his head to the side, he pushes a strand of lose hair behind my ear. A smirk places on his lips as he reveals his true motives, "I am in need of your assistance."

My hands slide down to his chest, I bite the inside of my cheek for a moment before enquiring, "Assistance?"

"Yes love, your assistance is needed. Everything is falling into place. Now your part is required," he exclaims simply, with a shrug of the shoulder.

I push him away with my hands, and move from his touch. I walk into my lounge, that is connected to the kitchen. Shaking my head and I laugh, mostly at myself, knowing he was up to his old ways.

"My part in what Loki?," I repeat, with a hand on my hip.

"To destroy this rancid planet," he finally uncovers, watching my intently.

My face and stomach sink at his comment. I close my eyes and run my hands through my hair, feelings of frustrating washing over me. “I should’ve known,” I yell at him. Opening my eyes, my heart pounding against my rib cage, “I’m always just a part of your plan, Loki.”

I pick up the cup on the side table, throwing it at him, narrowly missing him as he dodges it. I was daft to believe he came looking for me because he shared my feelings. Back in Asgard, Loki made me feel like I was special, that I mattered.

I was betrothed to his older brother, Thor, to help strengthen the alliance between our worlds. Thor never looked twice at me, he was very arrogant and self centred. Drunk on power, awaiting to take over Asgard. Loki on the other hand, made me feel welcome, going out of his way to out a smile on my face. With each day, Loki and I became closer, I couldn't stop myself falling in love with him.

Loki understood how it felt to be an outcast in Asgard. During one of my visits to Asgard, my home planet was destroyed by Thanos and his army, as they would not aid him. Our people were known for their strength and warrior ways. I lost everyone I ever knew, forced to stay on Asgard and accept this new life, hiding from Thanos.

Throwing my hands in the air, I immediately shoot down his offer, “Loki, I will not take any part in this!” Pointing my finger at him, I snarl, “How did you not learn after your last failed attempt? You killed Queen Frigga, your own mother-“

Within a blank of an eye, I'm violently shoved against the wall, causing the pictures and clock to crash to the ground. Loki holds me off the ground, by his hand firmly grasping my throat. My hands grab his, his death grip crushing my with trachea. His cold pale blue eyes, locking with mine, black spots enter my vision.

He is so fixated on me, that he unaware of the object herding towards him with great speed. Mjölnir, Thor’s hammer hits him directly, instantly causing him to release his grip on me. I fall to the ground, grasping my throat as the air stings my lungs, with the much needed oxygen.

I hear the familiar voice of Thor, filling my ears, demanding for Loki to not move. I cough loudly, on my hands and knees. My vision is still blurry and the world around me is muffled. I can make out Loki’s voice as he taunts Thor, but I can;t make out the words.

“Estrid, are you okay?" a charming deep voice asks me, placing a hand on my back.

The man tries to reassure me as I continue to gasp violently. I look up at him, meeting his pale blue eyes. Unlike Loki's, they are filled with concern and warmth. A woman also approaches me, leaning down in front of me. She has fiery red hair and dressed in all black.

“Just take it easy,” she says softly, before looking over her shoulder at Thor and Loki.

The radio still playing in the background as silence falls over the room. Loki looks at me, smirking and a soft laugh escapes his lips. Gesturing to Thor, he taunts, “How sweet, the future King and Queen of Asgard are reunited after all this time…”
♠ ♠ ♠
*Please note, the conversation between Estrid and Loki are spoken in Asgardian