Status: Originally written for fun for my boyfriend

Serendipity

001.

Getting lost in the songs that relate to way that you're feeling is one of the ways to get away. Staring out the window and losing yourself to the peacefulness of traveling in the car can give you a new perspective on the things that are lying beneath your bones that you're scared to dig out. Just like sitting on the ground by yourself at 2:30 in the morning letting the rain pour down on you keeping it a secret that you're actually bawling your eyes out, getting out everything that you've bottled up for a long time makes you feel new. Like those serious conversations that come spontaneously and give you a new found comfort with the individual that you just spilled your guts out too.
Like all of those amazing, simple things that make you feel a million of emotions at the time, there's this guy who makes me feel the exact same way. This same guy appeared into my life whenever I wasn't even looking, whenever I wasn't expecting anything magical to happen. This small, accidental meeting has changed everything within a very short amount of time. He's turned everything horrendous that has happened to me into something that I now feel as if I can stand up and take on whatever it is as if I was never scared to begin with.
With a brand new, confident look on absolutely everything it's like I'm walking on clouds everytime he's around. Even on the loneliest, saddest rainy days he makes me smile with no effort at all. He's honestly, and I mean this with all of my heart, has become something I can't, and refuse to live without.
The day we met everything started to change right then. My friend, Cindy, set me up on a blind-double date. To be honest, I wasn't thrilled about it at all cause I didn't want to end up in the awkward situation where I had no interest in the guy at all and had to pretend like I was enjoying myself so I wouldn't hurt his feelings, or if he ended up smelling like rotten eggs and looking like something that has been in the back of the refrigerator for six months. I begged Cindy not to make me go but she insisted because her boyfriend was excited about introducing us since he had this extremely crazy idea that the mystery man and I would fall madly in love.
Whenever me and her arrived to the restaurant we went inside and found the table that they both were sitting at, deep in conversation about last nights football game. They didn't even notice us until Cindy snapped her fingers impatiently in front of her significant others face. I was settling into my spot in the booth, in front of the guy I was forcefully set up with. Once I got comfortable I looked up to a pair of beautiful milk chocolate brown eyes staring interestingly at me and at that moment our eyes met and I swear that a shock of tingles and goosebumps ran through my whole entire body. It was as if time stopped and nothing else matter in the world expect the way his eyes smiled at me and the way that everything, at that exact moment, suddenly made sense and fell together perfectly. Once I brought myself out of the trance of love I was in I smiled nervously and introduced myself to him.
"My name is Nick, uh, Nick Hartley." His voice filled my eardrums with a melody that I wanted to spend the rest of my life listening too and I wanted to steal his last name already. After eating, Nick and I broke away from our friends and walked to the lake nearby, put out feet in the water, stared at the stars and talked about everything and anything all night, falling asleep basking in the warmth of each other and being in his arms was finally the first place in my whole 20 years I have ever felt like I honestly belonged.
Cindy and Cody, her boyfriend, bragged to each other ever since then how they brought Nick and I together and how we should thank them for the rest of our lives for that. I really am thankful and completely grateful that my best friend of 15 years and her boyfriend introduced me to the love of my life, but it's quite annoying whenever they bring it up each time the four of us get together. I'm sure it won't go unnoticed in the speech later tonight. I laughed at that thought as I stared into the mirror that was attached to a vanity, looking at the reflection that was my own. My freshly dyed red hair was curled with perfection and my face was painted the best it's ever been. I smiled at myself and stood up, walking over towards a silver rack that held a beautiful, white, see-through veil that was embedded with silver pearls at the top. I grabbed it gracefully and walked over to the full size mirror that was bolted to the wall. I placed the veil on my head like it was supposed to be. Glancing at myself I was happily happy with the way it looked. Wearing a long, gorgeous gown that covered my curves like a piece of silk. Having bare shoulders the fabric covered my arms, and a heart shape collar with a small, cute bow placed right between my breast made the dress perfect, I think, anyways.
There then was a knock at the door and as I turned around I saw my oldest brother, David, open and come into the door and look at me. A look of pleasant surprise came upon his face and he smiled.
"You look absolutely beautiful, Jess." It was obvious that he was choking back tears.
"Thank you, that means a lot." I told him, smiling big.
"It's time, little sis." Nerves filled my entire stomach and I sighed, nodding.
The scene was absolutely beautiful. The sky was blue and had a perfect amount of white clouds. There was a blanket of snow covering every inch of the ground and there was a set of lights surrounding the whole area. A light blue carpet was placed in the middle of each section of chairs where everyone sat, flower petals randomly covering it.
I swallowed down a huge knot in my throat once I heard the music. I held a beautiful, colorful set of flowers in both of my hands, holding them in the middle of my stomach. David had his arm locked with my arm and we walked.
Every single set of eyes were on me but the only one that interested me were the ones that belonged to the handsome male with the cheesy smile on his face wearing a black tuxedo and a white tie. Once I got to the spot I was supposed to be at, I handed the flowers to my maid of honor, Cindy. I then turned and put my full attention on Nick. He looked me up and down and then into my eyes.
"You look gorgeous." He whispered, the smiling never leaving his face.
"And you look absolutely stunning." I complimented him back.
The preacher then began to talk, saying exactly what was supposed to be. The whole event was full of magic and love was obviously floating around the whole place.
"I vow to never let you down and to always kiss you before I go to sleep, every fine I wake, and every single chance I get to I between. I promise never to add peas into anything I cook and never insult the way your vegan entrees look. I swear to never let you feel like you're anything less than the best and that you're always the one that I love more than absolutely anything. There's so many more things but I definitely swear more than anything to always, always, love you more than life." I spoke with confidence and more honesty than I think that I ever had before and the smile that was on his face the whole time made my heart smile.
I listened carefully as Nick spoke his vows, every word bringing tears to my eyes. I blinked fast, letting the the happy, salty tears escape. I believed every promise with my whole heart.
"Who has the rings?" The preacher asked while looking towards the men that were lined up behind Nick. One of them reached into their pockets and handed him two golden bands and then one was handed to me and the other to Nick.
After putting the band on his ring finger, he gently grabbed my hand and the warmth of his skin filled my whole being. He slipped the band on my finger, slightly letting it bang against the silver ring with a small, beautiful diamond ontop that he had bought just around eight months earlier with the money that he had been saving for quite a while, in which he had completely surprised me with while we were standing on a bridge, looking out over a beautiful lake while fireworks exploded in the sky above us.
"Do you, Nick Hartley, take this woman as your wife?"
"I do, more than anything." His voice filled my ears like a melody just like the first time he had spoken to me.
"Do you, Jessica Husser, take this man your husband?" The words that was spoken to me didn't even sound like a real question.
"I most definitely do." I smiled bigger than ever once the words left my mouth.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." At that moment, no time was wasted before Nick gripped the small of my back, pulled me close to him, bent me over and grabbed my chin, crashing his soft, memorizing lips to mine. I grabbed both sides of his face, returning the kiss with as much force as he was giving. The kiss was full with the overpowering feelings of love and happiness. It was the first kiss of my forever. The one that I will never, ever forget and the one that I never in my life want to share with anyone else, I would rather die than to have that happen.
Once the the kiss had been broken and our lips left the others, our eyes opened and we stared deeply into each other's, right into one another's souls. Still being bent over, pressed against his body and in his arms I smiled and whispered quietly to where that he was the only one that could hear.
"You're my serendipity, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm aware there's typos and grammatical errors but this is the first story I've written in about a year am the fact that I used an iPhone to write it.