Stories Yet to Unfold.

Win.

Lucy helped pack up and put the gear on the bus, and sorted her bunk, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m good, yeah’ Lucy won a competition to come on tour with All Time Low for a week and it had been fun tonight, the first night of the tour, ‘are you ok?’ ‘fine, whatever’ ‘whatever is a massive red flag, bud, and that comes from a Psychology graduate’ Alex sighed with a smile, ‘what are you doing next?’ ‘I’m doing my examination for the American Psychology Association’ ‘therapy’ shivering, ‘well, we’re not all like that, if I did that to someone I worked with, I’d be struck off’ ‘good to know now’ Alex nodded, ‘what happened?’ she said it so softly, it felt like a whisper of hers could break the walls of Jericho, Alex broke, ‘I just got dumped again, who gets dumped at 26?’ Alex shouted, Lucy nodded, ‘is this Lisa, Jack mentioned her?’ ‘yes, I mean I tried so hard this time, it feels like nothing I do will ever be good enough’ breaking down, he fell into her, she sat down next to him, ‘just let it out’ rubbing his bag, Jack coming on, ‘wow’ shaking her head at him, ‘Lisa’ he mouthed, Lucy nodded, ‘you shouldn’t be-’ ‘it was my fault this one, I think I nudged the hornet’s nest’ Jack smiled, ‘well, you try and help’ ‘will do’.

'I'm sorry' 'no need, Alex really, I know girls are really good at getting in a guy's head and setting off a bag of fireworks' Jack smiled sitting in his bunk, 'it feels like I'm all burnt out' 'it was a big portion of your life, but you have to consider when she possibly comes back, do you want to feel like she's worth all this pain once again' 'oh, no this is the last time I can't deal with this any more' Lucy smiled, 'it's a big part of your life Alex, the problem in life is you never remember the good things you remember the bad and of course it makes it harder to be glad for what you had, but instead regret what you lose' Jack smiled, 'that's so true' Alex sighed, 'I'm so tired of all this' 'you need a playlist and a distraction' 'a playlist' 'give me five minutes' adding some songs to his music collection and passin back his phone, 'you listen to that, make you feel better' Jack laughed, 'a spoonful of iTunes' laughing.

-x-

'I have Miranda Lambert stuck in my head' 'Baggage Claim' she smiled, 'bloody love the lady' he smiled, 'do you have to go?' 'haha, no not really but I don't wanna be dead weight all that much either' doing the wiring with Evan, 'you are far from dead weight' 'well, thank you' she smiled as she got up, and wired up the guitars and begun a riff, 'how the hell do you know that?' 'what Welcome To The Jungle?' 'yes' 'in my youth I was a bit of a goth' Evan laughed falling over, 'well, metalhead, I was 15, I can't explain, I think it's cos my dad is a vicar' Evan laughing harder Alex joining in, 'he made me listen to Guns N Roses' 'who?' 'my dad' laughing, 'your dad is awesome' 'I know' working on the others, 'so, this is done Evan' 'you do what I showed you yesterday' 'how did you win this?' 'it's accidental, I bought a load of stuff for my sister for her birthday and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, might as well take it' Alex smiled, 'true'.

Alex smiled, ‘you know that playlist was perfect, you made me feel much better’ ‘then the pain it turned to anger moved to joy so now I’m good’ Alex smild, ‘that was deep’ ‘The Maine do that’ Alex laughed, ‘yeah, he did philosophy, you know?’ ‘I didn’t, but that’s kinda interesting’ Alex nodded, ‘so, favourite band?’ ‘one of them, I to be honest had only heard of you off my sister, she’s coming out to the last show I’m here, I said I’d get her a pass, so be nice’ ‘I promise’ Alex nodded with a smile, ‘when am I not?’ ‘when the fans are a bit, I don’t know, I saw you do it yesterday’ ‘what?’ ‘you know, when the nervous ones come in’ ‘you mean creepy ones’ ‘dude, come on, you can’t think like that about people who give you your job’ ‘have you seen them on Tumblr’ ‘some of them don’t look like people who can even sign up to facebook legally, come on’ Alex laughed, ‘but they look so scared’ ‘ok, well my favourite band is Third Eye Blind’ ‘great band’ ‘Graduate played, well when I graduated’ Alex smiled, ‘when I met them for the first time, I shook out of my Doc Martens’ ‘did you write slash fiction’ ‘I don’t know what that is, but no? Also makes no difference, just be nice’ ‘fine’.

'Lucy' 'hmm?' Alex calling her over, 'you ok?' a girl crying, 'hey, hey, take a deep breath slowly' wiping the girls eyes, 'close your eyes and relax' as the girl did what she said, she looked at Alex, 'I'm sorry' 'no problem, I get what it's like to meet one of your favourite bands' 'it's just, without your music' 'hey, hey, come here' Alex hugging her, 'it's all good' Lucy smiled, 'want me to stay?' as the girl wandered to get a drink, 'please' Alex smiled chatting to fans, who were nervous, 'what you did with that girl' 'it's fine, just glad I could be around' she shrugged, 'what do you need to do to pass your work?' '600 hours of practical work' 'god' 'yes, I have an internship in a counselling services place in Jersey' 'I knew you liked Third Eye Blind, Crystal Baller' 'if you don't like that song, you're made wrong' 'you like your country, you put Red in' 'I did' chatting about music.

Lucy ushered them in interviews, ‘you have a woman working for you?’ ‘Lucy is a competition winner by a dash of luck’ ‘haha’ Alex laughed, ‘she’s also amazing at everything’ ‘pfft’ Jack chuckled, ‘so, are you enjoying it?’ ‘yes, this is my third day, and good people I’m glad my little sister is such a fan’ Alex smiled, ‘also she can make a hell of a playlist’ ‘thank you, thank you’ curtseying, Lucy smiled sitting down, ‘what would be your All Time Low playlist, ‘ermm, any song?’ ‘yep’ ‘geez, Lost In Stereo, Coffee Shop Soundtrack, Running From Lions, Return The Favour and-’ blowing out her lips, ‘I don’t know, Weightless’ Alex laughed, ‘that’s a good selection under pressure’ ‘thank you, I was just thinking of ones I remember’ laughing, ‘I better go sort out soundcheck’ heading out, Jack smirked, ‘Alex’ ‘sorry’ getting back to the interviews, ‘Lucy, he’s rebounding’ ‘oh, I know, he’s a classic case’ laughing with Evan, ‘I just-’ ‘it’s fine, I’m not meant to be on tour, I am meant to be helping people’ ‘good job’ laughing a little.

-x-

Alex sighed, ‘I can’t believe you’re leaving’ ‘sorry’ she murmured, ‘but it’s been great getting to know you’ Alex shook his head ‘your sister is coming tonight, right?’ ‘she is indeed Alex’ he grinned, ‘good, good’ laughing a little, ‘are you really glad she likes us?’ ‘you can be a little boisterous but she can be too, and you know, you’re good people, I don’t see a problem with her liking you guys’ packing her case, ‘good, I’m glad, we’re keeping in touch right?’ ‘of course, and Rian has said he’ll teach me drums which is really nice of him’ Alex smiled, ‘you are far too nice, he lives in California now’ ‘my nan does, in Diamond Bar, be cool’ ‘fine’ he nodded, Lucy smiled, ‘I just get the feeling, doesn’t matter, it’s for the best if I go now’ ‘can you sing?’ ‘no, Alex, probably not’ ‘you can, you sing in the shower, not that I-’ he blushed falling on his bunk, ‘it’s fine’ laughing a little.

Evan pouted, ‘do you have to go?’ ‘I do, and you know why’ falling back on the stage, she joined him, ‘I think I’m gonna miss you most’ he laughed, ‘thank you’ ‘you’re a reat teacher, if you ever have to stop’ ‘we don’t stop, it’s like a law of perpetual motion’ she giggled, ‘I think you just broke physics’ laughing together, ‘I think he likes you cos you’re honest, you know? You call him out on it, but not in a I’m a complete bitch way, but in a you know how this feels so why are you doing it way’ she smiled, ‘well, sometimes you’re just meant to do things in life, maybe this was one of them’ ‘and you weren’t a fangirl’ ‘no, I sort of got thrown in the deep end with some real big sharks, and there’s no such thing’ ‘there is a thing’ ‘no, girls get emotionally attached to things better than men, that’s all, and that’s why you judge them’ Evan smirked, ‘fine’ laughing a little, ‘but you deal with them’ ‘I would, but I’m leaving’ ‘why?’ laughing.

Lucy smiled wandering in with Lucy, ‘this is the ATL bus, I’ve lived with them, been a bit of a Wendy’ laughing a little, ‘and they’re all inside, don’t be weird, it’s taken long enough for them to-’ ‘I know’ laughing together, Alex smiled seeing them, ‘she’s like your twin’ Lucy smiled, ‘this is Lucy my sister’ ‘nice backpack, nice shirt’ ‘she bought them for me, it’s how she got here’ ‘when I got entered, I forgot about it, thought someone who appreciated, well I appreciate now’ ‘I know’ Alex smiled, ‘come with me kid, I’ll introduce’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ wrapping an arm round her, ‘tempting to sing new WATIC songs sometimes’ Evan laughed, ‘I miss those guys’ ‘well you toured a lot didn’t you’ ‘we did, got to know them well them boof’ ‘exactly, boof’ giggling, ‘you could turn into a bitch and scare him off’ ‘not my style, I can’t be nasty, it’s not in my nature, I find it weird’ ‘you’re too nice’ laughing.

Alex hugged her tight, ‘I was kinda hoping you’d stay’ ‘I know’ she smiled, ‘I’m 26, most people have kids and wives by now’ ‘just cos you don’t, doesn’t make you a bad person, in fact it makes me respect you more because you’re takin a road not taken and that will make all the difference’ he grinned, ‘I only want you to respect me’ ‘only when you respect yourself to not settle for the first lady who shows she cares about you’ kissin his cheek and picking up bag and case, ‘I’ll see you soon’ ‘you will’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no, thank you all’ Evan hugging her, ‘I’ll look out for him’ ‘like usual’ laughing a little.

-x-

6 months later:-

Alex smiled, ‘I know you’re practicing now’ ‘I am indeed’ she yawned, ‘sorry, it’s been a long day, come in Alex’ her tiny apartment in Sayreville took some time to get to, ‘you know Lisa asked to get back together yesterday’ ‘really, please don’t do it’ Alex laughed, ‘I was kinda hoping you and me would be able to begin something’ ‘I thought we’d begun’ Alex smiled, ‘when did we begin?’ ‘it feels like such a long time ago, Alex’ he grinned pulling her close, ‘what happened?’ ‘well, she knocked on my door’ ‘Alex don’t be pedantic’ ‘it’s what I do’ ‘I know’ pulling her close, wrapping his arms round her waist, ‘basically, I told her I think I found better, and I have a really big burning torch’ ‘I can tell’ Alex smirked, ‘thanks baby’ picking her up, ‘are we?’ ‘I really hope so’ giggling making love all morning.

'Would you come back on tour after you did a week of Warped?' holding her in bed, 'I don't know' 'you hate this' 'I hate this, working in divorce counselling' Alex smiled, 'why?' 'cos the reasons they give up drive me mad, one woman came in and actually said to my face that he didn't earn enough money for her needs' shaking her head, Alex smiled, 'I'm in love with you' 'I'm in love with you, I guess, I saw my mum and dad go through so much, I find it amazing when people divorce and they've been together for thirty years' Alex smiled, 'I can't say my family are perfect, saying that my dad has been with my stepmum' 'Alex, it's not a dig' 'I know' 'and your parents are lovely, they met at the right people' 'indeed, shame not earlier' 'I'm not, you wouldn't be here' he grinned kissing her, rolling on top of her, 'I love you' 'I love you too'.

'If you came and worked for us, and stuff, you'd be with me and happy' Lucy smiled cooking food, 'but what for?' 'do the fan stuff, you like that stuff?' she smiled chopping, 'but what if-' 'Lucy, it took me ten years to kick the last girlfriend I had' 'thanks Alex' he smirked as she threw the vegetables in the pan, 'are you ok with it?' 'you've already arranged it haven't you?' Alex smirked lookig at the floor, 'I'd hate for all your hard work to go to waste, you're such a boychild' 'shut up' kissing her, 'remember when I first did that' 'you were drunk' 'thanks' kissing softly, 'I will finish this, we'll go back to bed' 'good, I wanna know every little thing on this body' 'you have got to know it better' he grinned, 'I like how you tell me what you like' kissing her neck, she hummed, 'I like finding this one' she smirked, 'you are my favourite human Alex' he laughed, 'what's your favourite alien?' 'that's so hard' 'that's what she said' giggling, 'I'd say Fenchurch is that ok?' 'completely legit and you know it' eating together.

'Finally, @LucyCaswell is joining us on tour again, so make her welcome and go and talk to her, she doesn't mind.' Lucy smiled getting back in the swing of things, 'I missed you girl' 'missed you too, Evan's above' he laughed, 'you're the only person' 'and always will be' laughing a little, 'so, what are you and Alex doing?' 'oh, we're sort of at the beginning of the middle' Evan laughed, 'the middle?' 'it's a longest bit I hope' 'what's the beginning of the end?' 'breakups, divorces, or hopefully death in the very long term' Evan laughed, 'I like that' laying on the stage, 'some things never change' 'no, I'm glad' Evan smiled, 'so, what is the plan?' 'I don't know, move to Baltimore I guess, Alex will never leav Baltimore and Jersey is so..orange?' laughing, Alex smirked, 'are you two done?' 'we're just continuing our moratorium' 'I don't know what that is' 'for a man who fancied his English teacher' Evan smirked, 'my mum's job' 'no' 'it is' 'god, be like The Graduate' 'thanks Evan'.

Lucy chatted with fans for a long while after shows, ‘well, it’s good to meet you, it really is’ she smiled, ‘are you with Alex?’ ‘why do you ask?’ ‘cos he’s always with you’ ‘I’ll let you draw your own conclusions’ she shrugged, ‘I better go’ she nodded with a smirk on her face, ‘you know people think we’re together?’ ‘I thought people knew’ Alex smirked, ‘I just said they can draw their own conclusions, I don’t really care’ Alex smiled, ‘cos you don’t google’ ‘masturgoogle’ Jack laughed, ‘that’s a thing’ ‘Alex has done it, considering how scared of fans he is’ ‘I didn’t’ ‘you so did’ ‘well I have you now’ he winked, ‘don’t need to’ shaking her head, Lucy smiled kissing his cheek.

-x-

3 years later:-

'You know, if you want one of those so bad you might have to take a hiatus' she smiled, 'what?' 'chasing prams with your eyes, dude' 'I'm not broody, I don't know, well yes I am' 'we can afford to you know, we have the books' 'you have the books' 'well, how tragic you miht have to rely on the girl who relies on you' Lucy crossed her legs, 'I love you, it doesn't matter' Alex grinned, 'I love you too' 'well, what about the others?' 'Rian and Cass are planning their wedding and have no time, Zack has never lived with his girlfriend and Jack, well Jack' Alex laughed, 'you think it might be time we got married too' 'I never really thought about it, but yes I think I would' Alex grinned, 'good'.

'Can we work on the baby thing now?' Lucy smiled, 'I suppose, but we're not getting married until after, I can hear the shotguns now' Alex smirked, 'if we went to Vegas next week?' 'we do, we're on tour, Alex-' he smirked, 'everyone we care about is on this tour' Lucy smiled, 'parents?' 'no, come on' Lucy laughed, 'alright, fine but my mum will be upset' 'we'll ave to weddings come on' 'how broody are you?' Alex smirked, 'don't be ridiculous' she looked at him, 'I've bought things' 'Alex!' ”sorry' laughing at him, 'I'm not telling you what to do?' 'I know, and I'm down, it's just you're being too, Alex' 'I'm being too me' 'you are, flighty, you are flighty' 'well, fine call parents, but Vegas in a week' 'indeed, and you can wait, I'm not growing anything until the break' 'fine' he smiled.

Lily crawled on the lounge floor a year later, ‘you going to be ok?’ ‘yeah, being on tour is going to be weird without you’ ‘I’m doing the US ones, still it will be ok’ Alex grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.

they lived happily.