Stories Yet to Unfold.

Paths.

'Erm, the next song is a cover, some of you may know it, in Arizona you should cos the band is from here, I mean come on, pull your finger out, it's by a band called The Maine, it's called Room WIth No Windows, but I have changed it up to kinda fit with us, but go buy their acoustic EP, good use of five dollars, people' she smiled, 'I'm advertising now, anyway, this is said song' John looked at Jared, 'I wanna see this' as they turned an acoustic song, 'and I live in a room with no windows' getting the crowd, 'too much time on my hands, too much shit in my head' finishing their set, 'that was kind of awesome' Jared muttered, 'it explains why so many people have been buying that song lately' 'that's true' laughing.

'That was awesome' 'oh, man I'm glad you thought so, it's my favourite off your EP' John smiled, 'you did good, I think you did better' 'thank you' 'this is your first US tour right?' 'it is indeed, we're the newest band on Rise Records' John nodded, 'and so we're just getting to grips, we made our album and it was critically acclaimed and we just got signed from that really' John smiled, 'The Upsides, right? I own it' 'good to know, that is indeed our album, it's pretty good, I think?' 'I think My Last Semester reminds me of Arizona in general' 'a black hole too, huh?' John smiled, 'indeed, I've never been a huge fan of Philadelphia, I'm just saving up for that little place in Southern Calfornia' John smiled walking with her, 'me too, living the dream' 'I'm there a lot cos of the company and I suffer from S.A.D, so I like the sun keeping shining' 'me too' heading for a bar, John ordered drinks, 'so, how did you begin?' 'oh, I was eighteen, I'm 22 now' he smiled, 'same' 'and, really bored' laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘it was good to meet you’ ‘isn’t this your last show?’ ‘it is, we’re going to California next to management so it just worked, we begun in Philadelphia’ John nodded, ‘how about you come by 8123, before you go on, do Rise mind collaboration?’ ‘no, course not, it’s all good’ ‘awesome, if you have time’ ‘tomorrow, about 11am, ok?’ ‘that’s fine, sorry, I must be killing your end of tour’ ‘the guys are straightedge, this is a sneaky beer’ John laughed, ‘are you meant to be’ ‘no, it’s fine, they had issues, I didn’t’ laughing, ‘I better get back, and I shall see you tomorrow’ ‘see you tomorrow’ John smiled.

John grinned meeting her, ‘hey’ ‘hello’ Jared nodded, ‘this is Lucy from Independence Day Tim’ ‘why that?’ ‘nothing exciting, day we played our first gig’ John laughed, ‘good name’ ‘thanks, first girl on Rise Records’ ‘you’re more proud of that aren’t you?’ ‘well behaved women seldom make history’ John grinned walking with her, ‘so, you know Room don’t you?’ ‘I do indeed’ ‘awesome’ ‘maybe, you can do something as well, you play piano right?’ ‘indeed, I do’ ‘hmm, an EP can’t be two songs, we’ll figure it out, I have all day’ ‘it can be three’ ‘exactly’ he grinned getting into it, ‘this one, Ordinary People, if you can play piano’ ‘sure’ John smiled, ‘you can help me in the chorus, cos I don’t have the voice for us, but you do’ John grinned, ‘awesome, this is really beautiful’ ‘it took me 4 days to figure this out, it should’ he grinned working together on a split EP.

-x-

'Some stuff I worked on with @TheMaine in the 8123 studio comes out today, three tracks including Ordinary People, go check it out' Lucy tweeted the guys smirking, 'you totally fancy him' 'do not' 'do too' 'alright, I fancy him, he nver hit on me though so I'm going to assume redheads aren't his thing' they laughed, 'then he's a fool' 'thank you very kindly' laughing a little, 'what did Rise say?' 'well, they said it's good ublicity in a different market, so didn't mind but did say to give them warning next time' 'course' laughing a little, 'it's a good song' 'it's not really our style typically and we're not Sleeping With Sirens' 'no, we're not, we're not charging kids 80 dollars to meet us' 'ridiculous' laughing and talking over juice, 'so, where are we going next?' 'oh, Australia' 'awesome, can you believe it?' 'be our biggest audience, big day out' 'serious?' talking about the future, 'writing the next album yet?' 'indeed, it's pretty much done, but I think the acoustic thing, might use it' 'really?' 'hmm'.

John smiled, ‘the EP is doing really good’ ‘awesome’ John nodded, ‘do you keep in touch, I thought you two had good chemistry?’ John smiled, ‘you think?’ ‘I thought you two were-’ ‘no, no, she’d never date me’ ‘well, I think she might’ Tim smiled, ‘really, you think, I can’t she’s back in Philly’ ‘you know people in Philly, John, tell her you’re coming through town to see friends and wondered if you could include her?’ John smiled, ‘you really think so?’ ‘I do, text her’ ‘fine’ getting his phone out, ‘hey, I’m visiting friends in Philadelphia, do you wanna meet up or anything?’ Lucy smiled seeing his text, ‘bit of a panic right now as our Australia support just decided to break up’ ‘oh, fuck you good?’ ‘we’re good, you know any bands?’ ‘The Summer Set supported Sleeping with Sirens, if it was a lot different would you mind?’ ‘nope, we’d just adjust the set’ ‘This Century’ ‘can they bring it?’ ‘yep’ ‘be in touch’ John smiled, ‘and sure, love to see you’ he grinned.

'We're going on tour with your girlfriend?' 'she's not my girlfriend' 'oh, sorry, I just assumed, sorry' John smiled, 'I'm working on it' Joel smiled, 'we'll be ok, right, cos their fans?' 'you'll be fine, they have a softer side too and you have some good ones, too, I'm not worried, The Summer Set supported Sleeping With Sirens in Europe' 'maybe it will be ok then and Australia and they've got us on Big Day Out too' Tim smiled, 'it's an amazing opportunity and it might teach you something new' 'who else is supporting them?' 'Mayday Parade' 'oh, that's not so bad then' 'exactly' John smiled, 'now I'm off to Philadelphia' Tim laughed, 'it's my fault' Joel laughed, 'how?' 'I said they had chemistry, made him go, it's how you got this spot, now promotion!' laughing.

John smiled meeting up with her, ‘good to see you again’ ‘how have you been?’ ‘good, yeah, thanks for your help’ ‘any time, can I buy you dinner?’ Lucy grinned, ‘you absolutely can’ John smiled, ‘good’ heading for a place he liked in town, ‘I didn’t think you’d date me’ Lucy smiled, ‘well, I would, or I wouldn’t be here’ John smiled, ‘I sort of came here to see you’ he blushed, she giggled, ‘that’s cute’ ‘I am such a cliche’ ‘don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll make up for it’ laughing.

-x-

John smiled, ‘come in’ ‘thank you’ sitting on his sofa, and crossing her legs, she was gorgeous, John admiring her for a second, she smiled, ‘so, how was TC in Australia’ ‘I think it went well, I guess you’d know better, have they sold stuff?’ ‘a lot actually, we had to ship a load to Australia’ ‘I’m glad’ Lucy smiled, ‘good guys’ ‘so what are your plans now?’ ‘oh, we’re recording our next record now?’ ‘who with?’ ‘oh, Butch Walker’ ‘good choice, we did Can’t Stop with him but don’t let that put you off’ she laughed, ‘he also made Nothing Personal with All Time Low, for me it’s just to say we worked with that guy’ John laughed, ‘I think he’ll get us, he has a familiar sound, also I know what I want from this record so’ John smiled, ‘so what’s your idea?’ ‘it’s split in three, with little acoustic songs breaking it up, you’ll see’ ‘ok, you acoustic’ ‘I met this guy’ laughing.

Lucy walked around Phoenix the next morning after going out the night before, ‘you don’t mind visiting Arizona do you?’ ‘course not, I like this state’ ‘good’ ‘and you visited Philadelphia’ ‘true’ laughing a little, ‘if we’re good in time, what would you do?’ ‘I’d probably move here’ she muttered, ‘not that I’ve planned or anything’ John laughed, ‘also Rise is based in Oregon and management is in California, they’re always telling us we’re far away’ John smiled, ‘awesome, wanna get some food and drinks and go to the beach park?’ ‘yeah, show me the way’ he grinned, ‘good’ eing shown around his home state.

John smiled laying in the grass, ‘surprised you weren’t on Warped?’ ‘I’ve done Warped, and I hate it, I feel like cattle, it’s great to get started on, good tour for promoting an album but I just find it claustrophobic and lazy publicity, we did a summer tour going in the opposite direction, starting in the stated they finish in’ John smiled, ‘I like that, but we did it’ ‘and that’s awesome, cos of course it’s also good place to make connections, I just hated it’ John laughed, ‘it’s cool’ taking her hand, ‘would you do it again?’ ‘not really, only if I had to’ John smiled, ‘but I don’t think I will, this next record I know it’s going to make us, so I don’t care’ ‘that confident’ ‘absolutely, I think you have to be’ John nodded, ‘that’s true, I mean look what we did’ ‘exactly’ laughing and talking.

Lucy smiled kissing him, ‘I have to go do that record in California, come visit when you can’ wiping her lipstick off his lip, he grinned kissing her again, kissing passionately, you have dark purple lipstick all over you now’ ‘good’ giggling, ‘I love you Lucy’ she smiled, ‘thank you, I love you too, don’t just kiss anyone, but really you look like you’ve been punched’ ‘then don’t wear dark lipstick!’ ‘never, it’s fun’ he grinne, ‘you look ridiculous’ ‘it’s your fault’ ‘let’s not ruin the moment’ .

-x-

6 months later:-

'There's time and a place to die but this ain't it' John smiled watching storm the US with the new record, 'thanks Arizona and good night!' he grinned as she came off after the encore, 'you good?' 'excellent' 'thanks for bringing us out' 'it was kind of inevitable' John grinned taking her hand, 'you two are cute' Adam smiled, 'you should take a picture' 'really?' 'I don't really care, we're listened to cos of our records not our looks, I hope' John smiled, 'fine with me' Adam smiled, 'look cute in three' laughing, John pulled her close, Lucy smiled, 'get my bag and go home' 'good idea' John smiled holding her hand.

Lucy smiled as a picture on Elmakias’ instagram was getting likes, her hand John walking holding hands, ‘you good?’ ‘good, really sweet picture, just sent Adam an email to get a print’ John smiled, ‘it is a good one’ laughing a little, John kissed her, ‘I’m glad you call this home’ ‘me too’ resting her on his lap, kissing her neck softly, she smiled, ‘you are such a cliche’ ‘don’t care any more, I want to take care of my woman’ she giggled, ‘well, it’s an improvement, prefer darling’ John smiled, ‘I’m sorry, I know you’re not my property’ ‘good to know’ laughing, Lucy rested on him, ‘so, Miss, you good?’ ‘I am tired but good’ ‘good, so what are your next plans?’ ‘oh, I’m heading to Europe, with All Time Low’ ‘awesome, you’ll love it’ ‘they’re the support in arenas’ ‘awesome, great band live’ ‘I will try to push them a bit’ laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘nice to meet you’ shaking hands, ‘Jack, Alex, Rian Zack’ she smiled, ‘I’m better with faces, sorry’ laughing a little, ‘no problem, Lucy’ ‘Lucy to my friends, please’ ‘so, why are you supporting us, you can do this alone surely in Europe, it’s mad, we’ve been around a few years but damn’ laughing a little, ‘I don’t mind, it’s quite a privilege’ Alex smiled, ‘you’re a fan’ ‘best not to talk about it’ Alex laughed, Jack grinned, ‘you were a fangirl’ ‘one of you might have my number from when I was sixteen, nothing personal’ Jack laughed, Alex joining him, ‘she did I was there, I kinda made her do it’ Jack smirked, ‘really?’ ‘it’s a long story’ laughing and talking together, ‘who were you throwing it at?’ ‘I think I’m the only person who fancied Rian’ ‘fuck yes!’ ‘what?’ ‘sorry’ ‘she’s with Johnoh Rian, sorry’ ‘I am indeed, we both date talent’ ‘high five’ laughing.

'Guys we're heading out to a club, we book out a venue to hang out in in each of the good cities, you joining us' 'you just book out' 'well, who wants to get drunk in front of fans?' 'I think you're doing life right' 'of course, I once made this joke about them being straightedge' 'he was so confused' 'in a rock band, come on' laughing, Alex grinned heading out to the place, 'nice work' 'thanks' laughing and having a party pretty much in all the right places, Alex sat and talked with her, 'you good?' 'scared, never thought we'd be this big this quick' 'that album is fucking extraordinary' 'thanks' laughing a little, 'your new work is good, I really enjoy the songs you never play, glad it's happier' 'haha, that's cos I'm with someone new' 'I wasn't prying' 'I know, but you have no idea how much it helps' laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘good?’ ‘excellent to see you home’ ‘thanks’ kissing him deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ John picked her up, ‘bed?’ ‘please, need a cup of tea after?’ John laughed, ‘amazing’ giggling.

-x-

3 years later:-

John smiled, ‘you good Mrs O’Callaghan’ ‘yeah, I’m good’ she grinned, loving her new name, which made him smile knowing what she was thinking, ‘I was thinking’ ‘dangerous’ she smirked, ‘thanks, I was kinda hoping, now we’re on hiatus and people are making different plans with their lives’ ‘right?’ ‘well, we’d begin our lives, you know have a family and stuff, if that’s ok with you?’ John smiled, ‘I didn’t think you wanted them, and I just, well Lucy, absolutely’ hugging her, she smiled, ‘we never really talked about it’ ‘I know’ John smiled, ‘do you want to, don’t do it because I really want to’ ‘I’m good with it, I have the time’ ‘awesome, let’s get it on, a lot’ ‘it’s not the difficult, that’s what we do’ laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘I’m pregnant, John!’ Jared looked at her, ‘sorry, Jared’ ‘we’ve been trying’ ‘how far?’ ‘about 6 weeks apparently’ ‘I’m getting friction burns, I’m very glad’ ‘mutual’ laughing, ‘so a little John possibly, that’s scary’ laughing, ‘it’ll be fine Jared’ laughing, ‘will you need him’ ‘no, it’s ok, I know you have tours booked and I know it’s a pain, all good’ ‘awesome, good’ laughing a little.

John smiled holding his daughter, ‘she’s so gorgeous’ ‘you’re not bothered?’ ‘god no, I have three brothers, they can handle it, two John’s would be so confusing’ Lucy smiled, ‘good’ he grinned, ‘she reminds me of you, I hope she gets your eyes, Lucy’ she blushed, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ taking her hand.

they lived happily.