Stories Yet to Unfold.

Well.

'Could I request a song?' Jack smiled, 'sure' 'it's called Zombie by Jamie T' he grinned looking for it, 'it does get going in about ten seconds' Jack grinned hitting play, 'there you go' as the redhead left again dancing with her friends and singing along heading for the bar again, 'drinks' 'what would you like?' 'got any cream soda?' 'I do' 'awesome, raspberry sourz and cream soda please' 'coming up' he grinned, 'what's that called?' 'a raspberry ripple?' Jack smiled passing her the drink, 'on me' Lucy smiled, 'thank you' 'no need, you look good tonight' 'can barman do that?' 'I own the place, I can' Jack smiled, Lucy nodded, 'fair' laughing a little, Jack smiled, 'I prefer this place during the day myself, but I like it' Jack grinned, 'glad you like, what do you do?' 'I'm a firefighter' 'really?' 'really, that's my job' 'that's awesome' 'thank you, it's a little inconvenient sometimes' Jack nodded, 'so you're single' 'yes I am' he grinned, 'good, my job is inconvenient too' 'band, I believe?' 'indeed' Jack smiled talking to her.

Jack met her a few days later at the fire station, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ ‘sorry I haven’t been able to sort myself out’ ‘no need, wanna go bowling, get some food’ ‘sounds good’ he grinned, ‘you are gorgeous, you don’t need to worry’ ‘thank you, I’m not doing too badly with you myself’ he grinned ‘glad you think so’ opening his car door for her, ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘no problem’ heading for the bowling alley, Jack smiled getting a lane Lucy smiled playing games but noticing a blonde behind him, ‘hey!’ ‘oh?’ ‘you never called’ Lucy winced for him, ‘I—’ ‘you don’t even remember do you?’ Jack felt like dying as he was slapped and the blonde leaving, Lucy bit her lip sitting him down, ‘oh god’ Lucy patted him gently, ‘it’s ok’ ‘I’m actually dying’ Lucy kissed his cheek softly, ‘you’re kind of adorable’ Jack smiled, ‘really?’ ‘you looked like a deer in the lights of an incoming bus, to steal a line’ Jack laughed, Lucy giggled, ‘these things happen, come on it’s your turn’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’.

'I bet you never wanna see me again' 'you make me laugh, you're really genuine and down to earth, and you know things that are good never run smooth, you'd know better than me' Jack grinned, 'I'm so glad' hugging him, Jack held her close, 'don't worry about it' 'thank you' Jack smiled kissing her hair softly, 'I better go I have two days off now and I have a lot I want to do in that time' Jack smiled, 'what are your plans?' 'I have a guitar lesson the day after tomorrow, I'm meeting friends out on Thames and I am going to go on my new boat' Jack grinned 'I have a lot' laughing a little, 'you're learning to play?' 'I am, me and my frind do this talent swap thing so we learn how to do something they can do but I can't, she learning to bake right now' Jack laughed, 'can I help you?' 'Well, sure, you can meet in Patterson after my lesson?' he grinned arranging a second date.

-x-

'Lucy, he can't be your type, he's got a penis!' some guys jeered, wincing, Jack smiled holding her hand as they left them in the restaurant, 'I'm sorry' Lucy murmured, 'don't be, they think you're a lesbian' 'firefighting doesn't attract straight women' Jack laughed, 'me, I'm a fourth generation firefighter so' Jack smiled, 'that's cool' laughing a little, 'you're so all american' 'I'm a bit of a shining example, I tend to be used a lot for recruitment, I joined the service when I was eighteen' Jack smiled, 'that's cool' 'I was cheerleader for my time in high school, great thing to have at Halloween' 'why?' 'cos you go as the first person to die in a horror movie' Jack laughed Lucy smiled talking over food recovering wonderfully from the intrusion, Jack smiled, 'I hope you come and meet my friends soon' 'of course, you've met mine, got a picture with them, and a shirt' Jack laughed, Lucy giggled.

'What's that?' 'it's a skunk, we know you're attracted to that now so we got you one' she glared, 'I should totally buy your girlfriend a pig then' drop kicking the skunk and hitting him in the face, leaving her alone, Lucy rubbed her head getting back to work and being called out, Jak text her late, 'were you at that house fire?' 'I was' Jack nodded, 'are you ok?' 'I'm fine, we're given a lot of protection, don't worry about me Jack' he grinned, 'good, I care about you a lot, how long is your shift?' '4 days on, three days off' Jack smiled, 'so you always get the weekends?' 'pretty much' he grinned, 'awesome' texting her all night, Lucy called to an emergency, Jack waited and fell asleep, 'sorry, called out' 'no need, fell asleep, I really need to see you again' 'you will, two more days darling' he grinned, 'I know' texting again.

Alex smiled, ‘nice to meet you’ ‘this is Lucy, my girlfriend, she’s a firefighter’ Lucy smiled, ‘I am indeed’ smiling, ‘so how did you meet’ ‘we met at Jack’s bar, he hit on me’ Jack grinned, ‘I did good’ ‘I did good’ laughing a little, Alex smiled, ‘well, it’s good to meet the person whose made him fall asleep in practice’ ‘he didn’t tell me that, you shouldn’t do that, it’s cute but you this is your livelihood!’ Jack smiled, ‘but you were in a fire, I wanted to make sure you were okay’ ‘man’ Alex laughed, ‘I’m sorry Alex, I assumed he wasn’t doing anything’ ‘it’s fine, I’m just glad he has a good distraction for once’ laughing a little, Jack smiled, ‘honestly, Jack, this album is important, it’s the album that’s going to make you huge’ Lucy whispered, ‘you think?’ ‘Don’t Panic was big and you have momentum, Jack’ he smiled, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘it’s not me for you to tell that too’ ‘I’m going to be away more’ ‘I’m going to be in more fires, sorry’ he grinned, ‘you don’t mind?’ ‘you bring a lot of people, Joy, Jack, never stop you’ ‘thank you’ kissing her softly.

-x-

Jack tweeted, ‘waiting for my girlfriend to get off work makes me realise how much it sucks to wait for someone to come home and it’s only four days! In the same city!’ tweeting, Lucy meeting him, ‘put your phone away, come on’ he grinned, ‘sorry’ wandering around Smaltimore, Jack smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘I’m going to have to propose to you here now’ Lucy laughed ‘let’s not get too far ahead, darling’ laughing a little, ‘would you like kids and stuff?’ ‘Of course’ he grinned, ‘good’ Lucy smiled, ‘I want a big family’ ‘ok, how many is big?’ ‘three’ Lucy laughed, ‘man I was more worried than I should be’ Jack smiled, ‘I thought you wanted a football team or something’ Jack laughed, ‘no, you need to be able to walk at some point’ laughing and talking wandering around the place.

Lucy smiled, ‘would you come home with me tonight?’ he grinned, ‘absolutely’ ‘I love you for that’ ‘what?’ ‘your keenness, you don’t hide the fact you would just get on this’ Jack laughed, ‘most beautiful woman I’ve ever met, of course I do’ Lucy blushed giggling, ‘thank you’ kissing passionately and heading for her apartment, making love all night, ‘man, Alex is going to have you tired isn’t he?’ ‘if I’m home for a small amount of time’ ‘I will take holiday for you’ he grinned, ‘when you tour you have a lot of time in advance, so if you just tell me I can arrange it’ he grinned, ‘good’ pulling her close in bed and snuggling, she giggled as Jack kissed her, ‘you’re such a babe’ Lucy laughed, ‘you’re such a babe, I’ll make pancakes in the morning’ ‘you’re so perfect’ laughing.

'Do we have a song?' sitting with Jack, Lucy pondered, 'I don't know, do you know a good one?' 'Zombie' 'no' laughing, 'not by a band we care about a lot' 'why not?' 'cos you'll ruin my records if we break up' Jack laughed, 'nothing by Blink' 'Green Day' 'or Foo Fighters' laughing, 'Thinking Of You by The Maine' he smiled, 'you like The Maine' 'I do, but it's apt' he grinned, 'I was gonna say If It Means A Lot To You but that's not good at the end' Jack laughed„ Lucy laughing too, Alex joining them, 'you look good together?' 'we were just picking a song' 'what did you pick?' 'Thinking Of You by The Maine' Jack replied with a smile, 'good choice, love Pioneer' 'me too' Alex laughed, 'or Zombie' laughing, 'you two are sickeningly cute, I don't have a song' Jack and Lucy gasping, 'but if you get married, what will you dance to?' Lucy looked at him, Jack laughed, 'we all hope that never happens' 'fuck you' laughing.

-x-
six months later:-

Jack smiled, ‘I moved in with my girlfriend today!’ tweeting on his phone, Lucy shook her head, Alex chuckling, ‘you disapprove’ ‘he tweets everything’ Alex laughed, ‘even about me, which I find quite surprising, I thought considering the TFA you get’ ‘tfa?’ ‘teenage female attention’ Alex laughed ‘but no, he just does what he does’ ‘smells good what you’re cooking’ ‘I did enough for three, if you would like some’ ‘please’ he grinned, ‘awesome’ Jack smiled, ‘you good?’ ‘I’m fine’ Jack smiled, ‘mind if I move in?’ ‘I asked you?’ Alex laughing a little, Jack grinned, ‘well you know, a man should take care of his woman’ ‘like he owns me, it’s so cute, I’m just going to serve food, you two come through’ putting plates on the table, eating together, ‘thank you Alex for helping him’ ‘no problem’ Jack smiled, ‘we’re good right?’ ‘sorry, it’s a girl issue’ ‘oh, right’ laughing, ‘glad I’m in London this week’ ‘thanks Jack’ laughing.

Getting home, Lucy was watching movies, he smiled kissing her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, sorry I was so off with you before you left, it’s just pain and I was off work’ ‘babe, you don’t have to worry’ pulling her into his side, ‘are you ok now?’ ‘Perfectly fine’ ‘good’ kissing her head, Jack held her, ‘I love you, I wish you had been there’ ‘well, we met a little late for tickets, but was it as awesome as you called me to tell me’ laughing, Jack telling her as he tangled fingers with hers, ‘what about you?’ ‘I saved a cat from a tree’ laughing, ‘and there was store fire downtown and I helped Liam out of the building after he fell through the ceiling, crazy fire though’ Jack smiled, ‘your job makes my job look pathetic’ Lucy laughed, ‘no, it doesn’t, they’re both awesome, just in different ways’ Jack grinned, ‘good, just take care’ ‘I know, don’t worry’ ‘what if we have kids’ ‘I won’t be a firefighter then, Jack’ ‘oh, right, you’re going to do something different?’ ‘I’m going to university, studying and parenthood seem much easier’ laughing, ‘I like that’.

Lucy smiled, ‘hmm’ ‘what’s the new issue?’ ‘oh, Lisa feels under the weather’ Jack looked at Lucy, ‘it’s just every time, I’m in proximity’ Lucy murmured, ‘oh well’ Alex smiled, ‘you don’t care?’ ‘I don’t care cos I know it’s not her fault, women are put in competition and she’s internalised misogyny, it’s a societal problem, not hers’ Alex nodded, ‘for someone who never has been to university, you sound like someone who has’ ‘I’ve read a lot of books’ Alex laughed, ‘but yeah, don’t worry about it, I don’t hate her at all’ Alex smiled, ‘but sometimes I think she does treat you and puts you under too much pressure which I find unfair but of course, it’s your relationship and you’re my friend and I want you to be happy’ Alex grinned, ‘you’re so nice’ laughing, ‘I once drop kicked a toy skunk’ Jack laughed, ‘I know about this’ Alex laughing as she explained, ‘raspberry ripple’ ‘it’s now winter, apple bob, apple sours, ginger ale’ ‘sounds good, two of those’ ‘you like sourz’ ‘you don’t do mango’ ‘I’ll get it in for you’ ‘such a babe’ laughing.

Jack smiled as she packed for him and hid the case up again, ‘you do that?’ ‘I don’t wanna see a reminder of you going again, though I am glad that I have a job which is four days of my week’ Jack smiled hugging her, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ he grinned, ‘I hope you come to see the show’ ‘I will, I’ve taken holiday for it’ Jack smiled, ‘good, I wanna spend my life with you’ ‘I know you do’ kissing his neck softly, Jack smiled, ‘I wanna make love now’ Jack grinned, ‘fine by me darling’ picking her up and heading for the bedroom, doing as they said, Jack smiled as she snuggled, ‘my precious lady’ Lucy smiled, ‘my pumpkin’ Jack blushed grinning, getting to sleep holding her to him.

Lucy picked up Alex, ‘thank you Lucy’ ‘no problem Sweetheart, you jump in’ Alex smiled, ‘you call him sweetheart?’ Jack asked, ‘I call everyone sweetheart Jack, bar you, I called a saved cat sweetheart’ Alex laughed, ‘I feel so special’ ‘sorry, now you’ve ruined a beautiful friendship Jack’ laughing a little, ‘well, call him something less’ ‘romantic’ ‘yes’ ‘buddy’ Alex laughed, ‘buddy, is fine’ laughing, ‘I don’t know how you do it to be honest, I’ll send you a care package both of you to a venue mid tour so I know you’re ok’ Jack smiled, Alex grinned, ‘you’re so nice’ ‘stop saying that, but I think it’s something that runs in my family, five generations of fire fighters now you know?’ Alex smiled, ‘you are so nice though’ ‘It gets you a lot of friends, but I could swear guys like girls who aren’t often nice, I don’t really get it’ ‘from a woman’ ‘Jack’s nice, he’s very thoughtful, even if his thoughts can be weird, like what is sex for a female dog like?’ ‘or I wonder what ass tastes like?’ ‘Well, if ever wants to know’ laughing.

'We really need to go to Smaltimore again soon' Lucy smiled, 'I love you Jack take care of yourself, go find some nice restaurants in new cities' he grinned, 'promise' kissing her deeply, 'take care, and be careful, you know, I'm not the one whose in danger' 'I know' 'I hate leaving you' Jack murmured, 'I hate you leaving, but we do the things we do cos we have a passion for them, what's that song, we ain't the only ones who wanna live it up, that one?' 'Stay Awake' 'dedication takes a life time, but you last more than night, so show them everything' he grinned, 'I wish I could take you with me' 'trust me, you aren't, I'm claustrophobic' laughing.

-x-

3 years later:-
'Lucy, anything you wish Jack had done or not done?' Lucy smiled, 'hmm, well, I'm a firefighter and he set a pan alight, and I was too embarassed to call 911, so I had to replace the cooker' Jack laughed, 'I remember that' laughing, 'also I wish I'd been bought more flowers maybe, I don't think Jack has any flaws' 'I'll buy you more flowers' 'it's so unimportant' 'if it makes you happy, it isn't' 'well, I'll look forward to it' he grinned, 'how well do you know Jack?' 'I'm his wife, pretty well, not as well as Alex, but he's like a brother to me now' Alex smiled, 'she's my little sister right back' laughing a little, 'we'll play a game of pairs' 'oh, god' 'favourite movie?' 'Please' Jack laughed, 'your couple song?' 'one of two ok, ermm, put 'em both' Jack smiled getting questions correct, 'song for Alice In Wonderland' 'it's my favourite ATL song' 'really?' 'yeah!' laughing.

Jack kissed her deeply, ‘I missed you’ ‘I know, it’s ok’ he smiled, ‘do you know if you are you know?’ ‘I was getting to that’ taking a picture from her pocket, ‘first scan’ she murmured, Jack wiped his eyes, ‘I have two darling, it’s ok’ he grinned, ‘so do you know what we’re having?’ ‘No, not yet, on the next scan, we will’ he grinned, ‘and you’ll be home then’ ‘oh, good, I can’t wait’ hugging her, ‘I’m gonna be a dad’ ‘we always said we can’t let these tours stop our lives, you’ll be fine at parenting Jack’ ‘I’m so glad I have you’ ‘mutual’ Alex coming in, ‘all good, you seem to be crying’ ‘me and Lucy are having a baby!’ ‘congratulations!’ hugging them.

'It looks like you're having a boy' Jack beamed, Lucy smiled at him, 'looks like we have a leading batsman' 'please, tight end with my build' laughing a little with the nurse, 'so first child?' 'yes' 'looking forward to it?' 'I'm looking forward to something new now, I've been a firefighter for the last 8 years of my life, so' 'no, I guess this is a bit of a walk in the park' laughing, 'what are you looking forward to?' 'Jack teaching him guitar, it's going to be adorable' 'hmm, that will be' Jack beamed, 'I like that idea'.

they lived happily.