Stories Yet to Unfold.

Hot.

Lucy rubbed her head, ‘you’re a great skater but if you wanna go to championships you have to feel the music’ ‘I hate the music, I am never, not ever been a classical music person’ ‘well, what do you want, is there a slow song you like’ Lucy pondered and nodded, ‘I do, plug this in and find a song called Oh, Calamity’ Anna nodded, ‘ok’ finding the song and playing it, Lucy sliding into position on the ice, as she performed with gusto and flare, ‘thoughts?’ ‘We need the instrumental for this song?’ ‘I think it will be kinda easy, I’m meeting the band who plays that song tomorrow’ ‘oh, it’s All Time Low, huh?’ ‘Yes, yes it is Anna’ laughing, ‘well, fine but back on the ice tomorrow, we need to change a few little things in the routine’ ‘yes ma’am’ laughing and getting changed back into jeans and happy for tomorrow.

Alex smiled, ‘hello?’ ‘Hey’ Lucy smiled, ‘you look more tired than I do’ ‘I’m an ice skater, it’s US championships in a week’ ‘whatcha you doing here?’ ‘I have a question to ask you’ ‘ok’ ‘do you have an instrumental to Oh, Calamity?’ Alex smiled, ‘course I do, I’ll send you it, why?’ ‘Cos, I am dancing to it next week and I only have your vocal version and they aren’t allowed in competition’ Alex nodded, ‘ok, well, I’ll send it to you as soon as I get to my laptop’ ‘thank you’ exchanging details, ‘ice skater’ ‘feel free to take the trip to Washington to come see me, return the favour is a song you never play but something you should do’ Alex grinned, ‘I’ll be there, what’s your name?’ ‘Lucy Caswell, or Scared, eighteen is legit too’ Alex grinned, ‘I’ll see you there’.

Lucy prepared herself in position on the ice at the US championships taking a breath, a cloud of air billowing past her bring pink lips, as the music begun, Alex smiled taking pictures as she did an amazing spin and took the number one spot ten minutes later, Anna smiled, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm’ ‘I think from now on, you can pick your own music’ Alex waving, Lucy pointed, ‘is that Alex Gaskarth?’ ‘Yes it is, I got him a ticket’ ‘you fancy him’ Lucy smiled at Anna’s broke English through her Russian accent, ‘yes, yes, I do, he’s a dreamboat’ ‘he’s a boat, I don’t understand?’ Lucy explaining, ‘oh, Sergei, he dreamboat’ ‘he’s your husband, I hope so for you’ laughing, Alex smiled, ‘you were amazing, well you won’ ‘I am, I am indeed the winner, this is Anna, my coach’ ‘is she, are you strict?’ ‘I should be, no boys’ Alex laughed.
-x-

Lucy smiled, ‘I thought you’d appreciate being my date here’ ‘it’s the wardrobe of dreams, my next dress is based on that one’ Alex smiled, ‘the Vega one’ ‘well, considering my new music, it needs to be edgy apparently’ laughing a little, ‘so what do you do next?’ ‘I have the Atlantic championships next so Canada, South American, best of the US, are next and then it’s the worlds if I can make it’ ‘with my song’ ‘probably, Alex, that did just win me the gold medal’ ‘that’s amazing’ ‘thank you but I’ll need three skates, there’s dance, freestyle and figure, I use a piece by Cole Porter in the dance, yourself in Freestyle and figure, I need to figure out cos I wanna change it’ ‘what to?’ ‘I’ve chosen Lift A Sail by Yellowcard’ ‘good choice’ ‘thank you’.

Alex watched her skate a few days later, ‘she’s pretty good’ ‘she’s so pliable, a quick learner, one of the best students I’ve had’ ‘whose the best?’ ‘She’s an Olympian, Katarina Orenkova’ Alex smiled, ‘how did you find one another?’ ‘Lucy asked me, she came up to me when she was 14 and just asked me, I like a girl with spirit, said yes, been training her since, she can be the problem is, if she doesn’t like something you can tell, and that’s really changed her skating as now she picks her music and she’s so expressive now’ Alex smiled, Lucy finishing with a flourish, ‘I think she’s my next Olympian, and she fancies you, don’t let her get distracted unless you want her too’ ‘I’m in a band, I am the last person who could’ ‘good, she has as much potential as you’ ‘I agree’.

'Anna told me you fancy me' Lucy turned red, 'well, I can't argue with that' Alex laughed, 'I do have done for a long time' Alex laughed, 'it's cool, I fancy you too but I am not going to patronise you, with all your work do you think you can add me in your life' 'mentally you already were' Alex laughed, Lucy covering her cheeks, 'ok, well' Alex grinned, 'can you eat pizza?' 'I think I can handle one' 'excellent' arranging a date, 'when are you in competition' exchanging details, 'I'll come see you at the Worlds, I think' 'oh, really?' 'Yeah' 'it's in Shanghai' 'I've been to China before' 'I've got to get there first' 'be fine' Alex smiled, 'I have faith in you' 'thanks' 'no problem' kissing her, she nearly fainted, 'keep standing Lucy' 'thanks'.
-x-
Lucy smiled, ‘you’re here’ ‘I said I would be, you’re my girlfriend’ Lucy smiled, ‘yes’ Alex laughed, ‘Shanghai’ ‘hmm’ Alex smiled, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm’ ‘I love you’ she giggled, he grinned, ‘I love you too, I have to go practice’ ‘that’s all you do and see me’ ‘are we in the same hotel?’ Alex nodded, ‘I think so’ ‘ok’ removing the blade guards, ‘love you’ ‘love you too’ he grinned watching her practice, Anna smiled, ‘I knew you wouldn’t resist’ ‘she has spirit’ laughing, Anna leaving and helping her, ‘I had no idea men could improve your skating’ ‘if I am right about that man, I’m going to be a legend’ laughing and getting on with skating, ‘if you break up, have a backup song’ ‘I already do’ ‘oh, you darling’ laughing and getting prepared for competition.

Alex grinned falling into bed with her, ‘I am very flexible’ ‘I know’ kissing passionately, making love, ‘you got protection?’ ‘I do take the pill everyday, periods are pretty inconvenient in a sport like this’ Alex smiled holding her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ snuggling into him, Alex grinned, ‘where are you on the leader board?’ ‘second behind Xiao Ping’ Alex smiled, ‘you’ll beat the Chinese right?’ ‘she retires this year, Alex, if she does win, when she leaves I’m the best’ Alex laughed, ‘good point’ laughing, ‘do you have time off?’ ‘I do indeed, I take summer and just exercise keep to the diet do a bit of nice skating and then in October I begin again’ Alex smiled, ‘and the Olympics?’ ‘I will practice more for that’ ‘ok, I’ll make an album then’ laughing.

Anna smiled, ‘you look happy?’ ‘I am very happy’ crossing her legs, ‘oh, you and Alex you did things’ ‘Anna really?’ laughing, ‘I know that look’ ‘nothing’s changed, I got laid’ laughing, Anna smiled, ‘he loves you, I can tell that’ ‘Russia has some great literature about it, I will trust your instinct’ ‘who have you read?’ ‘Mainly Dostoevsky’ ‘good start’ talking books on the way back to America, ‘you keep your head up and no we don’t have the Grand Prix cos of your silver at the worlds but still’ ‘I understand’ ‘good, you get going home and eat good and exercise, I’ll see you on the ice next week, you’ll want some time with dreamboat’ ‘yes I will’ laughing.
-x-
6 months later:-

Alex smiled, ‘where are you of to?’ ‘training’ he smiled, ‘I understand’ ‘I wish you did’ Lucy leaned on the door, ‘I won’t ice skate forever Alex, I assure you, I might retire at the Olympics, there’s so much now I’ve missed out on Alex’ he smiled, ‘you’ll retire then’ ‘I am going to win gold and then retire, what’s the point when there’s nothing left to win, for me I’ve done everything’ he grinned, ‘if that’s how you see it’ ‘I wanna train someone, but that won’t be for a bit, I’m going to wait for a fourteen year old to walk up to me and say be my coach’ Alex grinned, ‘like you did’ ‘exactly’ Alex smiled.

Lucy got home from skating and rested her legs, Alex smiled, ‘so you know, I’m sorry for being a dick’ Lucy laughed, ‘it’ll be fine when you’re back on tour’ Alex smiled, ‘it does work for you huh?’ ‘it does, I’m sorry to say’ ‘you work through Christmas though’ ‘you’re going to love the Olympic training’ ‘but you’re so good, why would it matter?’ Lucy laughed, ‘cos that’s what they bet on, never rest on your laurels’ Alex grinned, ‘but you do the same routine’ ‘I’m hoping by the Olympics Alex you would have written a song about me and my wonder’ laughing, ‘and I’ll use that’ Alex laughed with her, ‘you don’t need to wait that long’ kissing her softly, ‘good to know’.

'No Lucy?' Lisa looked at him, 'No, she's skating today, she's amazing, the way she dances' Jack grinned, 'but she's not here for you' 'I only have to call her, also I don't need to rely on anyone, you made me rely on you' Jack looked at her, 'he seems much happier without you' 'oh, really?' 'Yes' Alex laughed, 'she's awesome, I hope you find someone like that eventually' watching her leave, 'good for you Alex' 'thank you, but Lucy is exceptional' 'she is' 'and so flexible' Jack laughed, 'sorry' Alex blushing, Jack still laughing.

Anna smiled, ‘and hands Miss Caswell, hands’ Lucy getting her grace back and going through the routine, ‘excellent, like you never left’ ‘I love skating, I did a lot of rollerblading over summer to keep me in the rhythm’ ‘good idea, any injuries’ ‘thankfully not’ ‘good’ letting her go through some salcos and spins, ‘me and Sergei are getting married’ ‘Anna, that’s amazing’ removing her skates, ‘I’m glad you like, I think you and Alex will’ ‘thank you’ ‘but me and Sergei would you like to be there’ ‘that’s nice, thank you’ being given an invitation, ‘I will be there’ ‘thank you, you are going to be my second Olympian, I can tell’ ‘thank you’.

'Sergei is a legend, so funny, I think it's the accent sometimes' Lucy smirked looking at him in bed her long blonde hair falling in curls over shoulder, 'goddamn you are beautiful' Lucy blushed, Alex grinned, 'I love you so much' 'I love you too' kissing passionately, 'I saw my ex the other day' 'ok' 'and she just reminded me of how unhappy I was, thank you' 'no need, I hope you know how happy you make me, and sometimes you don't even need to be in the room' Alex grinned, 'you're amazing' making love all night.

Alex smiled sitting in the pew, ‘can we be open about us?’ ‘Course, it’s not like you can help me, your legs are weird’ Alex laughed, ‘thanks babe’ taking a picture, ‘with my girlfriend at her trainer’s wedding, @Lucycaswell’ Lucy kissing his cheek softly, ‘think we’ll do this?’ Lucy asked, ‘Lucy, please, it’s a case of when’ ‘oh, Gaskarth’ ‘Caswell-Gaskarth?’ ‘Probably’ laughing.
-x-
3 years later:-

'Your boyfriend made your song, that's a collaboration' 'I know, he even made me do a music video for one of his songs, it's weird, but I love him, we're getting married after the Olympics' Lucy smiled doing interviews, 'how do you feel about the final' 'scared, nervous, excited, in anticipation, but I am going to bring tomorrow, I love skating, and it's my last skate in competition and there's no way I am leaving this sport without a really big fight' Lucy smiled finishing the interview.

Alex grinned hugging her, ‘an Olympic champion’ ‘oh, yeah’ ‘boom what?!’ laughing and doing it together, Alex hugged her, ‘oh, Lucy’ she smiled snuggling into him, ‘thank you’ ‘you have nothing to thank me for, I am so glad I’m here’ Alex grinned, ‘mutual’ ‘my wife soon’ ‘my husband soon’ ‘sounds so good’ giggling, Alex kissed her softly, ‘I’m so glad we met’ ‘me too, Alex’.

Lucy a few months later was skating with Alex, ‘you’re so much better’ ‘our kids are going to walk then skate’ ‘probably’ he grinned, but then a girls skates slid in front of them, Alex looked at her, Lucy smiled, ‘hello’ ‘I’m Angelica Mae Martin’ ‘ahha’ ‘and I want you to train me’ Lucy grinned, ‘you know I am going to push, make you practice hours on end, you will win medals, but you have to trust me’ ‘death or glory’ Alex laughed, Angelica glared, ‘hey, that’s my husband, he’s a rockstar’ ‘I’m sorry, but please’ ‘meet me at Washington rink on Monday, I wanna know what you can do’ ‘deal’ her parents joining her, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘you won’t be’ Alex laughed.
they lived happily.