Stories Yet to Unfold.

Fan.

Being a fan she knew it was a bad idea, possibly, Jack could be serious but she was a socially anxious purple haired person, ‘sure, I’d love to’ Jack grinned, ‘awesome, you hesitated’ ‘I’m always told to play hard to get, but I like you, so be a bit pointless?’ she shrugged, Jack laughed, ‘you have given away secrets there’ laughing a little, glad she had a good cover, ‘ermm, what would be perfect date, Jack’ they had gone through the pleasantries at the bar over drinks already, ‘oh well I love movies’ she nodded, ‘I work in a cinema, it’s what I do’ ‘really, what do you do?’ ‘I’m the projectionist, so I get movies playing make sure, all is going well, I saw Skyfall 93 times’ ‘you must know it by line’ ‘gun, shot, agent, provocateur, women, provocatrix, heart target..skyfall done’ Jack grinned, ‘I think you’re my new hero’ laughing, ‘I’m so glad I love James Bond right now’ laughing.

Alex interrupted them, ‘hey we’re going to another bar, you’re more than welcome to come along, have you known one another long’ ‘if two hours is long’ Jack grinned at her, ‘you look like you’ve known each other forever, getting jealous’ laughing a little, ‘what’s your name?’ ‘Lucy, is this Alex?’ ‘oh, god yes, this is Alex’ ‘he mentioned you, sorry’ ‘no problem, would you join us?’ ‘it’s all good, I have uber’ laughing, ‘me too, oh my god’ ‘but it’s so good, and I just know how to use my phone when I’m tipsy’ laughing, Alex smiled, ‘so what do you do?’ ‘I work in the cinema, my songs know what you did in the dark, cos I have amazing view of the back row’ laughing, Jack laughed hard taking her hand, ‘we’ll have a good night’.

Lucy woke up on a sofa with Jack a dog barking at her, well yelping, ‘hey, calm down darling, breakfast’ she licked her lips as Lucy crawled to the kitchen and found her some, ‘here you go’ looking at her tag, ‘Olivia, nice name for a dog’ Jack stood in the door way, ‘thanks’ ‘no problem, she was yelping at me, I needed her stop, my head feels like it’s been taking over by angry bumblebees’ Jack laughed, ‘you need my number’ ‘here’ passing her phone, ‘do it now, I’ll make some pancakes’ he smiled, ‘my kind of woman’ ‘and you can find painkillers’ ‘on it’ he grinned working together, they sat at the table, ‘last night was awesome, but my god’ he laughed, ‘I totally get it, can I buy you dinner’ ‘absolutely’ laughing until it hurt, ‘this sucks’ laughing more.

-x-

Lucy smiled, ‘you look beautiful’ ‘you look handsome, though your tie is a bit’ correcting it, he smiled, ‘can I take a picture?’ someone asked, ‘do you mind?’ Lucy asked, ‘no, course not, we’re on our first date’ ‘that’s cute good luck!’ heading inside, Lucy sat down, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm?’ ‘I’m in a band’ ‘ok, so?’ Jack smiled, ‘that’s true’ ‘does it mean you’ll be away a lot?’ ‘it does’ ‘ok’ she nodded, ‘the reunion sex will be amazing’ ‘what did you say?’ ‘nothing’ Jack grinned, ‘I know what you said’ ‘good’ she winked, ‘I like you’ ‘good, I like you too, so what’s your band like?’ enjoying hearing him talk about it, it was completely personal, ‘well, I’m not an interviewer, I’m a date, so talk to me like one, cos that sounded like marketing blah’ ‘oh my god’ laughing.

Jack smiled walking with her, ‘oh, dear that picture, and your face’ she winced, ‘that’s why you told me, wasn’t it’ Jack sighed, ‘I didn’t wanna stop him cos I want us to be normal’ ‘we will be’ ‘but if people know I’m dating you, I don’t want you picked on, I don’t want you’ ‘geez, what kinda fans do you have?’ ‘All Time Low ones’ ‘that’s very specific’ Lucy coming back strong, ‘Lucy, I’m in All Time Low’ thinking this would be a good time for an ‘oh’ which came presently, ‘whatcha hitting on me for?’ Jack laughed, she giggled, ‘sorry, I saw knocked up about 80 times’ Lucy smiled, ‘it’s all good, we’ll get through it, I’ve seen the queues, we’ll be ok, it might not even be put online and it’s a first date we could suck, won’t matter’ Jack grinned, ‘thank you for being reasonable’ ‘no problem, you’re more than what do you do?’ ‘guitar’ ‘you’re more than a string strummer’ he grinned, ‘guitarist’ ‘I prefer mine’.

Alex laughed, ‘that’s cool’ Jack grinned, ‘she was collected, I admired her for it’ Jack smiled, ‘she’s pretty awesome too, she won’t convince me Poison Ivy is awesome, but I think it’s cos she’s ginger’ Alex laughed, ‘agreed, why don’t we double date?’ ‘sure, might be interesting’ Jack smiled, ‘wanna go bowling together, Lucy hates dinners, could get pizza’ ‘good idea, and I really don’t blame her’ laughing a little, ‘not the company, it’s just sitting there’ ‘of course’ laughing.

-x-

Lisa smiled, ‘do I recognise you?’ ‘I doubt it, I sit in the dark a lot, the bat cave’ Jack smiled, ‘I work in the Orpheum cinema’ ‘could be it, I was there the other day, but I swear a show’ ‘no, I’ll be honest I’ve never indulged the pleasure, I’m not a native as you can tell’ in her head it’s been five shows and I think you might be a bitch, ‘indulged the pleasure, that’s good’ laughing a little, ‘I have a little sister who is the spit of me, she might have, I’m not sure’ ‘course, possible’ laughing a little, Alex smiled, ‘so, Lucy where do you hail from?’ ‘I come from Maine’ ‘awesome, nice place?’ ‘best thing about it is the band that took it’s name from it really’ Alex laughed, ‘you like them?’ ‘I do, I love how they progress with their sound and the depth to their lyrics, and the rawness of the, sorry’ Jack chuckling, ‘band crush much’ ‘maybe, Johnoh is hot’ ‘you can’t say that’ ‘I did, nothing on you obviously’ ‘good save’ laughing.

Alex smiled, ‘so, what do you do in your spare time?’ ‘I play tennis’ Jack looked at her, ‘I like the skirts’ Lisa laughed, ‘tennis wear is the most feminine of the clothing for women that’s all’ ‘that’s true actually, really comfy and freeing’ ‘exactly’ ‘as feminine as Serena’ ‘well, you know some are blessed with talent and some just look good in tennis skirts, I am the second’ laughing, ‘but yeah Tennis and soccer, I follow a team in England, ermm, I like movies and I am highly respected reviewer on rotten tomatoes, like a boss, ermm trade union politics and I like seeing Yellowcard play live shows-’ ‘you love Yellowcard’ ‘I fucking love Yellowcard, I think Ryan might get me banned, knows me by name’ Alex laughed, ‘he knows us by name too’ ‘god what will he think of me’ ‘clever?’ Lisa asked, ‘not on Hopeless now’ ‘don’t remind me, sad times’ ‘but I also make dresses, I made this one’ ‘I noticed the Harry Potter fabric and envied it’ laughing, ‘give me your measurements, I’ll cut one up for you’ ‘aww, thanks’ chatting over food.

Jack grinned driving, ‘that went well, I think no’ ‘you pretty much made them friends for life’ laughing a little, ‘is she nice, Lisa, I mean, is that someone I’d be good friends with?’ Jack sighed, ‘I think you’re too nice, no offence, but you are’ ‘none taken, I’ll just trust your judgement, cos you know them better than I do’ he grinned parking up and walking up the step, Jack kissed her, ‘I did exceedingly well with you’ ‘thank you, that’s very sweet’ ‘I’m not always sweet’ ‘good, cos I like it a little rough sometimes’ she shrugged, ‘we toured with Yellowcard’ ‘not in the US?’ ‘Canada’ ‘well I’m not in Canada, and I doubt if we’d met at a gig you’d be kissing me’ ‘sadly true probably’ ‘exactly, so glad we met the way we did’ he grinned, ‘me too’ kissing passionately on her step.

-x-

Jack smiled as she curled into him watching movies, ‘you have a tattoo?’ ‘I do’ ‘a lion’ she smiled, ‘indeed’ ‘why?’ ‘it’s a long story, and I was a bit drunk’ Jack laughed, ‘you know that line running from lions’ ‘we did a song called that’ ‘I’ll look it up, but anyway, the cute lion to make me smile at the lions and not run from them, I was picked on and seemed perfect, I lost weight and got hot guys like you hitting on me’ Jack laughed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned kissing her passionately, brushing his cheek falling on the sofa, she was glad she had packed up all the things that were about his band away in safekeeping, ‘I can’t wait to do all the girlfriend things with you, meet the parents’ she smiled, ‘me too’ making love.

Jack sighed, ‘Lucy?’ ‘hmm?’ ‘our picture went viral?’ ”oh lord, no? It wasn’t even my best side’ ‘hey, you’re beautiful’ sitting her on his lap, ‘people of Baltimore’ ‘well, they don’t know if we sucked do they?’ Jack smiled, ‘you want me to say that’ ‘I want you to be happy’ he smiled, ‘that date went well.’ tweeting, she shook her head, ‘I sit in the dark, they can’t get me there’ doing an evil laugh, Jack smiled, ‘what are your work hours?’ ‘9-5, Monday to Friday’ he smiled, ‘good’ Lucy trailed his fingers softly, editing her twitter, thanking god it was private, ‘what’s up?’ ‘just checking my twitter is private’ ‘you have twitter’ ‘of course’ exchanging details, ‘not had it long, friends made me do it’ Jack smiled, ‘I get that’ laughing and talking holding hands on her bed, ‘you did the impossible’ ‘really?’ ‘I was a bit wild’ ‘you’re a pussycat’ ‘will I have to practice cunnilingus on my phone?’ ‘no, no teeth are going anywhere near that part of my body, but let’s see what I can do’ ‘perfect girlfriend’ laughing.

Alex smiled, ‘saw what happened?’ ‘she didn’t want to really do that, she was a bit mad I think’ Alex smiled, ‘course, it’s only been four weeks’ ‘hmm’ Jack nodded, ‘I think she’s brilliant, I love her’ Jack blushed, ‘Lisa just got her new dress, she’s wearing it everywhere’ Jack laughed, ‘she’s a very practical person, Lucy did her Media Studies and English degree long distance so she could do the job she loved, kinda the opposite of us, we leave to do the job we love’ Alex nodded, ‘indeed, you did good’ ‘I know’ laughing.

-x-

6 months later:-

'What's this, Lucy?' looking at All Time Low stuff, 'oh, my sister big fan, you know she left shit behind when she went to university, I said I'd take care of it' Jack laughed, 'I know you and Yellowcard have a frisson' 'exactly, you've seen my merch, taken it off a lot' Jack laughed as she moved into their house, 'let me? I shall put it in the car and take it to mums' Jack smiled, 'you're not a fan are you?' 'I'd heard you and stuff, but not really' 'some of that stuff is old' 'the internet' Jack laughed, 'you have a point' laughing a little putting the box in the car getting her shit together, 'close' 'what?' 'nearly hit my head' laughing.

Jack smiled laying on the sofa next to her, ‘your sister big fan’ ‘yeah, she’s studying in Maine’ ‘you left’ ‘cos this job made me want to, and I hated it there, so tiny and eurgh’ Jack smiled, ‘so, why leave it here?’ ‘oh, well my parents now live in Baltimore, when I left they were still in Maine’ ‘oh, I see’ ‘hence how we met them’ ‘I thought they look good for long travel’ ‘I was tipsy back then’ laughing, ‘but my sister loves Maine so she stayed’ ‘that’s cool’ Jack nodded, ‘so you’re 23’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘graduated with honours’ ‘indeed’ ‘chief projectionist of the orpheum’ ‘indeed’ ‘that’s really awesome’ ‘thank you, I got a rockstar boyfriend too’ he laughed, ‘who watches kids movies and the only recipe he wants more of is chocolate cookies’ he laughed, ‘I’m a pathetic rockstar’.

Lucy looked in the box at the back of the wardrobe now as Jack was gone again, ‘I miss you being just a record and not a way of life’ sitting on the floor, there was more added now after the first show with Jack, hearing the bell, she put it back, ‘I came to be measured’ ‘of course come in Lisa’ she smiled measuring her up, ‘so, how are you?’ ‘I’m good, me and Alex are arguing again’ Lucy nodded, ‘it’s happened before’ ‘we just don’t mesh sometimes’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m sure it’s a case of communication, Lise, I know you love him, you can tell, I think it’s a case of he doesn’t know how much you miss him and you don’t know how much he misses you, you just have to take advantage of the time you have’ ‘what you and Jack do?’ ‘indeed, we do’ Lucy smiled, ‘how about I cover your shift at the weekend, go see him, buy new lingerie, get a hotel, I’ll arrange’ Lisa smirked at her, ‘that is what you and Jack do?’ ‘nothing like libido to get Jack in a good mood’ ‘mutual about Alex’.

Jack called her, ‘Lisa just arrived and stole Alex, you don’t work at weekends, what’s going on?’ ‘I took Lisa’s shift, we arranged it, said she could get someone to cover saturday for her, it’s no big deal’ Jack smiled, ‘it was your idea, I knew as soon as I saw the Ann Summers bag’ ‘well, I like new underwear’ laughing a little, ‘so, they’re sorting their life out’ ‘it’s good’ ‘it’s bad, cos they’re wrong for one another’ ‘so how come they’ve lasted so long?’ ‘I don’t know, luck?’ Lucy smiled, ‘we’ve never argued, but you can’t argue anyway’ Jack laughed, ‘thanks, but we’re different, I think me and you are the right people for one another’ Jack grinned blushing, ‘you should see your face right now, cos you’re grinning like a fool’ ‘eurgh, Dirty Work’ ‘I listen when I miss you, it’s nice to know you’re doing something here’ he grinned, ‘good, so you’re a fan now’ ‘I’m a convert, praise the lord’ Jack laughed.

Lucy kissed him as he came in, ‘someone miss me?’ ‘it was weird being all alone in our home’ he grinned, ‘I’m so glad I’m home for a little bit’ picking her up, kissing passionately and heading for the bedroom making love, ‘you know Lisa and Alex are good again, something about communication and missing one another’ kissing her neck, ‘hmm, might have said things’ ‘are you a witch?’ ‘wow, well, I’m caught, damn, I was making potions all the time you were away’ Jack laughed, ‘it’s amazing just how good you are at everything’ ‘I got better at tennis’ Jack laughed, ‘you play tennis with Rian, make dresses for Lisa, watch wrestling with Zack and baseball and you’re my perfect woman’ ‘knowing how well I get on with your friends, it freaks me out how much I’d lose if I lost you’ he grinned, ‘never happen’ making love again.

Jack smiled bringing waffles, ‘I made them’ ‘you do a good waffle’ ‘thank you’ sitting in bed with her, ‘have I met your sister?’ ‘indeed, she went and saw you in Boston, I thought you met, said you did’ passing her phone, Jack sighed, ‘she never said’ ‘she couldn’t, cos no one knows we’re a thing’ Jack hit his face, she smiled, ‘loads of fans, but she said you were really nice and I’d done good’ Jack laughed, ‘and she’s coming to visit’ knowing they had a story, ‘good, cos she’s only one I’ve not met, do you wanna be open about us? I know the said the date went well but’ Lucy smiled, ‘I don’t mind’ ‘I am’ Jack smiled taking a selfie, ‘me and my girlfriend having breakfast after a long tour.’ she chuckled, ‘nice shot’ ‘thank you’.

-x-

2 years later:-

Jack laid next to her in the grass in their garden, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ tangling fingers, ‘you know’ Jack smiled, ‘I don’t know, it always seems like you have something to keep secret’ she smiled, ‘well, you know everything, darling’ Jack nodded, ‘I always worry that if we’d known each other in a different way we wouldn’t be together, but I live with anxiety, and you get anxious over things you care about’ Jack smiled, ‘I know darling, would we have met before?’ ‘I went with friends and stuff, but I got drinks during your set’ Jack laughed, ‘cos my sister, but I don’t know, I just know how you are with fans’ Jack smiled, ‘well, I’m a fan now but you know what I mean’ Jack laughed, ‘I’m in love with you, you have nothing to worry about’ ‘it’s not just me I’m worrying about’ ‘hmm?’ ‘Jack’ ‘hmm?’ ‘I think I’m pregnant’ Jack looked at her, ‘serious?’ ‘is it bad?’ Jack smiled, ‘fuck no’ ‘good’ looking relieved, ‘that’s the secret’ ‘sorry’.

'I'm actually going to be a dad, I know I'm going to be a dad, literally.' Alex laughed at the tweet, '@jackalltimelow serious, for real?' '@alexalltimelow for real, Lucy did a test and everything' Lucy laughed seeing these, 'I'm actually pregnant, it freaks me out how much we need to clarify this.' Jack laughed, 'sorry babe?' she laughed, 'no need' 'how far are you?' 'eight weeks and three days' she murmured, 'are you sure about this?' 'I am sure I am looking forward to it' kissing her deeply, 'I love you, we'll be fine' he kissed her softly again, 'thank you' 'no need' kissing her head letting her get to work and prepare for maternity leave.

Jack looked at her, ‘Lucy?’ she looked down and screamed, ‘oh my god’ seeing the blood, ‘I need to go to hospital’ she murmured fainting, Jack taking her, ‘she’s bleeding from’ ‘pregnant?’ ‘10 weeks’ ‘miscarriage’ he heard it whispered, ‘oh god’ as she was taken and given blood, Jack held her hand, ‘babe?’ she begun to cry, ‘it’s gone isn’t it?’ Jack nodded gently, ‘it’s my fault I should have been here’ ‘it’s no one’s fault, that’s what makes it worse’ Lucy murmured, ‘cos you’re powerless to do anything’ ‘it’s ok, babe, we’ll try again when you’re ready’ she smiled, ‘I love you, thank you for being here, maybe’ she wiped her eyes, ‘it wasn’t the right time or something’ Jack nodded, ‘I was so looking forward to this, Lucy’ ‘it’s ok, we’ll do it, we’re not even married, your mum said’.

Jack held her in bed, ‘would you marry me?’ snuggling into her, ‘I would, thank you for changing the sheets’ Jack kissed her head, ‘I love you, we can get through this darling’ ‘we can get started on it on honeymoon’ kissing his neck softly, ‘good idea’ holding her close, ‘it’s really no one’s fault, Lucy?’ ‘no one’s, it just happens sometimes’ Jack nodded, ‘it as my first pregnancy next time it will be ok’ Jack grinned, ‘your body wasn’t ready’ laughing a little, falling asleep holding her tight.

-x-

a year later, Lucy bounced Jennifer Joan in her arms, Jack grinned, ‘we did good’ ‘we did’ kissing him deeply, ‘happy anniversary’ ‘happy anniversary'.

they lived happily.