Stories Yet to Unfold.

Hook.

Hook.
Alex looked at her, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m fine’ he got her a paper bag, ‘you’re having a panic attack’ ‘don’t, it’s fine’ ‘take it’ taking her hand she took deep breaths, ‘I’m told taking quick short breaths helps’ she nodded doing as he said finally getting back to normal tears streaming down her face, ‘what brought it on’ ‘I’ve got through all these hurdles for a job I don’t think I can do, and I’m really scared’ Alex smiled, ‘if it does this to you, can I do anything’ ‘can you tell them to remove my application cos I’ve died or something’ Alex laughed ‘I’ll do that, come inside, what’s your name?’ ‘Lucy’ ‘I have a job you can do’ ‘really’ ‘yeah do you know any foreign languages?’ ‘I do, German, French and Spanish’ ‘perfect’ he grinned, ‘I have a lot of letters and I need help sorting them, I’m in my band’ seeing his letters, ‘I only need to be part time’ she murmured, ‘ok, ermm, yeah’ ‘what’s the number?’ giving him the details feeling a little bit saved. 
Lucy put music on her phone, Everlong playing, singing along, Alex smiled, ‘you good with those?’ ‘All Time Low, huh?’ ‘I’m the singer’ ‘can never afford the tickets’ she murmured, Alex smiled sitting on the floor with her, ‘I’ll let you in next time’ ‘they really care about you or really wanna well, you’ll enjoy yourself’ she murmured as Reject begun, ‘is that 5 Seconds Of Summer’ ‘maybe?’ Alex laughed, ‘that’s cool’ ‘thanks, I just listen to what makes me happy to be honest, I spent all my teenage years being told what not to listen to and I got tired of it, and so now I listen to that’ Alex smiled, ‘I know the feeling’ as the next song played, ‘hell of a chorus’ ‘hell of a hook’ ‘what’s a hook?’ she asked, ‘ahh, good point, well’ he smiled explaining the parts of the song, ‘so a hook is what makes me listen to the song, so’ she coughed, ‘I’ve got your picture..’ Alex laughed, ‘that’s the hook’ ‘you heard of Blues Traveller?’ ‘that’s it’ laughing. 
Alex sung along with her, ‘but I can keep it up as long as it takes, and it don’t matter who you are, as long as it’s your resolve I break’ holding out her hand, he grinned dancing goofy in his office to the harmonica doing the rap together, ‘I ain’t telling you no lie, the hook on that you can rely’ as another song, ‘what’s this?’ ‘Modern Baseball, Two Good Things, the whole album is pretty awesome but I love this song’  Alex smiled, ‘what do I pay you?’ ‘well, it’s 10-4 during the weekdays and I wanna put some money away to do a masters’ she murmured, Alex smiled, ‘how about something, 250 a week, is that ok?’ Alex smiled, ‘that’s fine, definitely, let’s make it 300, I’d feel much better’ ‘ok’ ‘ok’ she nodded, ‘I’ll arrange everything’ ‘ok, well, ermm thank you’ ‘first pay friday’ ‘thanks’ Alex grinned, ‘no problem, what’s your masters going to be in’ ‘Childhood and Youth Studies, need about 5000, I’ve got some’ Alex nodded, ‘good luck’ ‘thanks’ laughing. 
-x-
Jack smiled, ‘you good in there?’ ‘fine yeah’ she nodded, Jack sitting next to her, ‘so you’ve been working for Alex for four weeks’ ‘pretty much, would you just give me a hand with this box?’ ‘course, yes’ Jack smiled as she put on top of another, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem, so what do you do?’ ‘Mainly translating today’ she murmured, Jack nodded, ‘do you know much about the band?’ ‘I know how much it means to people, and that is far more important’ she murmured, Jack smiled sitting next to her, ‘what do you think of Alex’ ‘I don’t know, doesn’t speak to me much to be honest’ Jack nodded as she sorted, ‘do you need anything’ ‘ermm, I need a car, I need to take those to USPS’ ‘I’ll take them for you’ ‘oh, great thanks well they’re all stamped ready to go’ Jack smiled, ‘do you enjoy it’ ‘I do actually’ Jack smiled, ‘good’.
Alex smiled, ‘wanna share a bottle?’ ‘Wine makes me sleepy and I have to get home without looking like a zombie’ ‘well, just stay you gotta be here anyway’ she laughed, ‘good point’ as he poured two glasses, Lucy sat on a stool, ‘so how old are you?’ ‘22’ she murmured, ‘good’ laughing a little, ‘you like spaghetti?’ ‘not really’ Alex looked at her, ‘have you tried mine’ ‘No’ ‘please’ ‘fine’ he grinned, ‘good’ beginning to cook her eyes streaming from the garlic and onions, ‘are you allergic?’ ‘no normal people do that Alex’ wiping her eyes passing her a plate, ‘my ex was a cook so I guess she was used to it’ ‘fuck’ he winced, ‘sorry’ ‘it’s fine, let’s see if this good, right, you may have got the balance perfectly, right?’ Alex smiled, ‘for me yes’ she laughed. 
Lucy winced, ‘5 Seconds Of Summer’ ‘it’s my alarm clock’ Alex smiled as she sat up and finished the song, ‘you’re kinda older than their target market’ ‘if I like it, I’ll listen to it, I don’t care about their target market, Alex’ he grinned, ‘good, I like you for it’ ‘good’ rubbing her head, ‘hungover’ ‘must have become a lightweight’ picking up her skirt and sliding it on under the blanket, ‘I’ll errm get to work’ ‘breakfast first’ ‘you’re a great boss, but a terrible employer’ he laughed, ‘I know, I’ll bring it through’ ‘good, I like that’ getting to work putting her ipod on the dock as usual singing along to Kate Nash, ‘did she just say I’d rather be-’ ‘yes she did’ ‘ok’ laughing ‘haha’ Lucy giggled at his reaction, ‘you feel like that ever?’ ‘my ex used to kill any conversation I made, it reminds me of him but I wasn’t that witty’ Alex smiled, ‘but you’re interesting’ ‘thank you, so are you’ ‘good’.
-x-
'I don't know what you see there's nothing there..' Alex looked in as she sung along to her iPod, 'that girl's a lady, but I don't, I think that girl's shady..well, I think she's a b, Alex' he grinned, 'you seem to be getting into it' 'well, I like the hook' he laughed, 'I'm off to meet Lisa' 'ok' 'it's good right' 'if you're asking that question, I'd worry bud' Alex looked at her, 'but it's all I've known, I just don't know' 'take a seat son' Alex laughed, 'pen and paper' putting it in his hand, 'write down the things that make you happy' he grinned, 'well' putting a list down, 'and how many of those things are made by her being in your life' 'sex' 'please, Alex, you're young attractive, a musician, you could probably get laid with whom you choose' he smirked, 'oh, well thanks' laughing a little, 'all I've done is embarass myself with you' 'haha, well, that's a cliche waiting to happen' Alex laughed, 'just be true to you, you can't make the pieces fit, they have to slide, are you sliding?' Alex nodded, 'when you're with her, is it's all points and sharps when it should be you fit in all her curves and edges'.
Alex sat in her office now really as she finished up the letters for the week, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm’ ‘how are you so wise?’ ‘time and experience and being the last person to be unsingle’ Alex smiled sitting next to her, ‘so, you like this work’ ‘it doesn’t make me ill, so yes I do, I really like it’ Alex grinned, ‘I wanna expand your job, is that ok?’ ‘yeah, sure, if I can handle it’ ‘our band are really, well we’re not good with the fan stuff, the techs hate doing it, but you, you probably know them better than anyone’ ‘ok’ she nodded, ‘so would you come on tour with us and handle that stuff?’ ‘ermm, well, that would be pretty stupid to turn down Alex’ ‘we’d double your wages and all your flights and stuff would be covered by Hopeless’ ‘I’ll need to sort out my passport while you’re recording, that’s fine’ Alex grinned, ‘awesome, you’ll be an amazing addition’ ‘thanks’ she nodded, thinking she really needed to get on that passport.
'So, what are you writing?' 'Material?' 'Material?' 'Yeah, I've been kinda learning how to be a stand up comic' 'oh, cool' Alex smiled, 'has it gone well' 'people laugh so' 'are you sure, I mean' 'it's just a hobby, I like to make people laugh, so it's all good' he grinned, 'try some on me' 'you can come and pay like the rest' she replied, Alex laughed, 'do you enjoy it' 'the first time I threw up a lot and all the people look at me and I tried and I got some laughs and so I took those laughs moulded them and added some bells it's a good routine now, I'm a warm up act' Alex nodded, 'can I come see you?' 'sure, I guess, I play the comedy store on a Friday night'. Alex took a seat on a Friday night near the back, 'I trained to be a care worker in a mental hospital, I think we were meant to be locked in there by the end of the training' the crowd laughing 'I'm Lucy Caswell, thank you' bowing. 
-x-
6 months later:-
'Our fan experience manager when she's home can be caught in the comedy store you know, she's a a stand up comedian' Lucy smiled, 'are you?' 'I am indeed' she smiled, 'are you good?' 'I try, people laugh when I say shit, so I like to think so' 'what's your comedy' 'I'm satirical' she smiled, 'it's just a hobby, but I really like making people laugh at the stupidity of our world' Alex grinned, 'she is very funny' 'thank you' 'do you go see her?' 'We've all seen her' 'you have' 'you told us not to tell you' 'oh, yeah I did, I prefer strangers, which reminds me' Alex smirked, 'thank you Lucy' getting them to the signing, Alex smiled, 'you are very funny' 'thank you' getting them sat down and signing on Warped tour, Alex smiled at her, 'are you friends?' 'we're really good friends, me and Lucy live together platonically and she works in my house, we kinda have to like one another' 'we work to each other's edges' Alex grinned, 'we do'.
Alex smiled as she went through letters and finding addresses on them, sitting with her, ‘are you typing them and printing’ ‘I am, do you wanna write some?’ ‘I would’ Lucy smiled passing over a spiral pad and pen, he grinned, ‘if I’m not married by thirty can I marry you?’ she laughed, ‘at that age I would like to meet someone and begin a family and stuff, if you’re good with that, I’m good’ Alex grinned, ‘me too, you mind doing it a little early’ ‘course not’ laughing a little, she smiled, ‘I love you anyway, it wouldn’t be too difficult for me’ Alex looked at her she bit her lip, ‘sorry’ getting back to typing, ‘please don’t be sorry’ Alex murmured as she tucked her knees up gently, ‘I love you too, marrying you would be done tomorrow, if I’d just been brave enough’ ‘I fell in love like you fall asleep, slowly then all at once, amen John Green’ he grinned, ‘I know that feeling, it’s like being stabbed and the blade moving real slow for me’ she nodded, ‘when we get home, huh?’ ‘sure’ he grinned. 
Alex sat at dinner with her, ‘you good?’ ‘excellent, you’ve expanded my palette tremendously living with you, so I enjoy eating out much more’ Alex grinned, ‘that’s cool’ talking over dinner, getting to the end of the night, Alex smiled kissing her deeply, she smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ Alex smiled pushing a lock of red hair behind her hair, ‘I wanna sleep with you, not anything else just-’ ‘I like that’ Alex smiled heading home with her, she got in bed with him, ‘what spoon do you wanna be Alex?’ ‘please be my spoon, no one’s asked me that before’ ‘I had a feeling’ wrapping an arm round him softly, he grinned as she snuggled into him, ‘I could stay a long time like this Lucy’ ‘me too’ he grinned turning over, she giggled as he kissed her, brushing his cheek with his thumb, ‘I’ve changed my mind’ ‘I’m better in the mornings, Alex’ he grinned, ‘fine’.
Lucy woke up to a kiss, ‘you should be at work’ ‘it’s the weekend’ ‘it’s not’ ‘news to me’ Alex grinned, ‘I like that’ kissing passionately, guiding him around her body making love, he grnned, ‘I’ve complained so often of girls not telling me’ ‘I’ve picked a few things up’ he grinned, ‘I can tell’ kissing her passionately but she rolled on top pinning his hands, ‘now you can tell me darling, what you like?’ Alex grinned, ‘absolutely’ staying in bed, ‘you know I’m going to have to work on Saturday now’ Alex laughed, ‘I know, don’t worry about it, I think this is extenuating circumstances’ ‘I’ll get back to it’ ‘Lucy, you’re getting anxious’ she sighed, ‘I am’ ‘it’s ok, babe, they don’t need their letters straight away darling, ok?’ ‘most don’t leave an address, anyway’ ‘exactly, it’s ok, I love you’ ‘I love you too, but please let me do some, it helps to keep a routine’ Alex smiled, ‘go on then, darling, I know the feeling’ ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad you love it so much’ ‘it’s how I fell in love with you’ ‘you go now’ laughing. 
'I'll stop the world from turning into a monster' finishing a box of letters and doing her inbox, she finished up in a couple of hours, 'you ok now?' 'I'm sorry' 'you don't need to apologise, babe, I understand' kissing her, 'and to be honest you'd exhausted me' she smiled, 'I exhaust myself' 'you go see a doctor, gonna be working for me probably for the rest of your life, not gonna judge you' 'I think that's a good idea' she murmured, he grinned, 'good, I love you ok, I'll always take care of you, I mean technically you're my fiancee, darling' kissing her softly, 'course' giggling, 'I love you' 'I love you too' 'I am going to leave this be, it's nothing I can't catch up with now' 'good' 'the hook brings you back' he grinned, 'on that you can rely'. 
Jack smiled, ‘you were so inevitable’ ‘well, I ermm, it’s my fault if we suck’ he smiled, ‘you won’t suck, Alex has been on about you for ages, I’m glad you did something’ ‘thank you’ Jack grinned, ‘what’s this about marriage?’ ‘oh, me and Alex have this pact that if he’s not married by thirty, I’m his wifey’ Jack laughed, ‘you’re fine with that?’ ‘it hurt more when he said it’ Jack winced, ‘course you like him’ ‘exactly, well, thanks for making me your back up plan, I’m glad I’m plan A, now’ Jack grinned as Alex came through, ‘you were always plan A, I was just a pussy’ ‘pussy’ ‘comes from pussillanimous’ ‘sorry’ ‘it means to lack courage’ ‘I had no idea’ ‘that’s why I’m in love with her’ Alex grinned, ‘I’m in love with you too’ ‘just get married in Vegas, honestly’ ‘next US tour, huh Lucy?’ ‘parents think I’m mad enough’ Alex laughed, ‘I’ll do it’ ‘I dare you’ ‘oh, someone just threw a gauntlet down’.
-x-
3 years later:-
'Aww, Lucy she's not here right now as she's looking after William, so she's kinda busy, but she will be back on the next tour, it's just on the US tours with Will being so young it's hard to bring him with us, but she will be back' Alex grinned looking forward to getting back to his son and his wife at the end of tour, Alex came through the door as  Will sat in his play pen as she sorted out fanmail ready for delivery finally, 'Lucy, baby' hugging her, 'i missed you' 'I missed you too, Ally' he grinned, 'you have to come with me from now on' 'I know, it's cool' laughing a little, 'will he walk soon' 'oh, yes' laughing. 
Lucy smiled holding Will in a papoose, ‘this is William Peter, he’s really scarily quiet’ laughing with fans at the house show, ‘he’s so cute, you did good’ ‘he did get the best attributes of his dad right here’ ‘how old is he now?’ ‘he’s three months’ ‘you need to be back on tours now’ laughing, ‘I will indeed be back soon, I assure you, it’s just Will’s safety is my priority and he wouldn’t be on the bus at the moment but we’re getting it baby proofed and it will be fine soon’ Alex joining her, ‘you ok?’ ‘fine, they just wanted to see William’ ‘it’s her dad’s name’ ‘and my grandad’s name, so he’s the third kinda’ ‘like John O’Callaghan’ Lucy grinned, ‘oh man, I fainced him when I was younger’ ‘Lucy!’ ‘Sorry’ laughing.
'Fancied John O'Callaghan' Alex shaking his head, 'you said you'd go gay for him once' he grinned, 'fine, you win'.
they lived happily.