Stories Yet to Unfold.

Bliss.

'But even if the stars and moon collide, you can take your words and all your lies, I really don't care' jumping and getting the crowd moving at their first show, 'I really don't care' Alex watched noticing she favoured a a prt of the stage, 'I'll walk right up to you and put one finger in the air, and make you understand you had your chance' running with some attitude she had leading the crowd into the last song of set, 'always trying to be a hipster, kicking you to the curb, let me get a polarioid picture' she winked finishing the set, 'we've been The Dead Set, good night' saluting the crowd and getting off stage then packing up quickly, 'was there a reason you were like that?' 'Of course, my inspiration was dead in front of me' she winked, Alex laughed, 'that's not classy' 'tell your girlfriend that' Lisa looked at her, 'oh, high five' Alex looking at her, 'fine you win' muttering, 'thanks' 'no problem, men like their double standards, you have to take them down a peg or two, like dogs really' shrugging, Lisa laughed. 
Jack smirked, ‘did you tell, do you not like men right now?’ ‘I like men, I don’t like dickheads’ Jack nodded, ‘and Alex is a dickhead’ ‘bring me proof he isn’t after this evening’ ‘it’s hard and I’m his best friend’ Jack smiled sitting down, ‘I fought it for a long time now, while drowning in a river of denial, but yeah, he’s a dick, isn’t he?’ Jack laughed, ‘probably’ Lucy smiled thinking she could probably sleep with him and it wouldn’t even matter tomorrow, Jack smiled, ‘wanna dance?’ ‘absolutely’ he grinned taking her hand and getting her best moves and going with it, Jack realising he was following her out and heading for her apartment, she smiled knowing she had work early tomorrow, she’d leave the key after having some amazing sex, Jack fell asleep somehow with her. 
Lucy left early to go to work, Jack waking much later and seeing her note, ‘see yourself out and leave the door key under the mat at the front door, thanks for last night, you were incredible in so many ways, let me know if you wanna do it again sometime Lucy x’ he grinned seeing her number and doing as she asked, Jack text her, ‘I definitely wanna do last night again, let me know when you’re free’ Lucy smiled seeing her phone in her locker at the station, really was it good for a police officer to have this little morality? Then realised Baltimore was where The Wire was set and she didn’t give a shit, getting back to the beat, Jack did a double take as she came in with a fellow officer, ‘heard there was a disturbance here?’ her partner asked, Jack looked at her, she smirked looking at her notebook, ‘yeah, yeah there was’ taking notes, ‘what the fuck?’ Jack asked, ‘I’m a police officer’ ‘fuck’ she giggled, ‘sorry’. 
-x-
Jack looked at her, ‘where are you off to?’ ‘I have a show tonight’ Lucy smiled zipping up her boots, ‘you brought those wth you’ ‘Jack, you have stamina sweetheart, I brought a change of clothes’ he grinned, ‘fine with me’ Lucy kissed him, ‘bye’ heading out of his apartment, Jack smirked as Alex came to the door, ‘was that Lucy, the girl’ ‘hmm’ Alex looked at him, ‘you’re fucking her?’ ‘it’s a no strings thing, she doesn’t really like men all that much I’ve come to that conclusion pretty quickly, reason there called The Dead Set, it’s not a person’ Alex smiled, ‘so you just, fine, whatever’ ‘she’s so hot and she knows, well anyway, come in’ Alex laughed, ‘indeed’ as Lucy got into the support set at the Ram’s Head Live, ‘someone should teach you some manners..I think you’ve got more nerve than you’ve got tact’ kicking ass, ‘why your ego keeps you warm, all those bridges you’ve burned..I’m right back here to haunt you’. 
Alex saw her walking past, ‘Lucy?’ she looked up, ‘I’ll go ahead’ ‘oh, hello, Alex’ ‘what are you doing?’ ‘I’m a police officer, Alex’ ‘that’s your day job?’ ‘indeed, two night shift a week really works for a band’ Lisa joining him, ‘you’re a police officer’ ‘I am indeed, that’s my day job, really a band is for venting for me, but we’re getting a bit too big for Baltimore, which is a problem’ ‘why don’t you leave the force and do it’ ‘he’s so naive, it’s cute, I lived in section 8, Alex, we don’t have much money to go on and gallivant in bands, your privilege is sweet, it’s nice to see you both again’ Lisa smiled, ‘she’s so sassy’ Alex murmured, ‘and has a point’ Lisa added, ‘it’s not something you can just go do or you’d have more competition Alex, trust me’ he smiled, ‘fine’ as she caught up, ‘sorry about that’ ‘no problem, you know them?’ ‘someone stole his girlfriend’s purse, saying thanks’ ‘good, good’.
Lucy smiled laying new vocals, ‘where will you be waking up tomorrow morning, out the back door, but I love it anyway, out the the backdoor, Miss Jackson, on your worst day, I love it anyway’ getting into the song, ‘there’s beautiful and tragic in the fall out’ getting into the new EP work, waiting for the drop in her her ear, ‘on your worst day, I love her anyway, where you will be waking up tomorrow morning, out the backdoor, but I love it anyway’ finishing the song as she begun the next song, ‘you like me more when you think I’m getting bored, I hope you’re home the day I turn the down the walls..I’m the best thing that never happened to you’ Lucy smirked getting into the songs, ‘I won’t settle, I won’t settle, I won’t settle’ finishing the last parts, ‘if we don’t get signed after this, I have no idea’ laughing. 
-x- 
'You gotta go on strike..they say It's character building, but I'm ten feet tall' playing a gig for Hopeless Records in California, knowing Jack would hate this, and how much she didn't care, going through the whole two EP's for the sell out california show, 'you're so good at pullin the truth into a sugar coated lie..it was a wolf sheep's clothing, I've had enough of your games I'm going to show them who you really are' the crowd insane singing back every word, 'I've had enough of your games if you're not trembling you better be..I'm a coward not a fighter disguised as a lover' bringing it home for the crowd, 'you held me down for so long, but it's not gonna last cos I can see through your beautiful lies'. 
Jack met her ‘where have you been?’ ‘California’ ‘why?’ ‘signing to Hopeless’ ‘what?’ Jack looked at her, ‘well, if you’re the best, go to the best, be pointless to do otherwise’ Jack smirked, ‘prove it’ passing him the letter, ‘fuck’ she smiled removing it from his fingers, ‘they pay you, to just do nothing some days, madness, but I am so down’ ‘when do you stop being a police officer’ ‘in about a month, handed in my resignation in, as we’re on tour with Have Mercy and some other bands, but yeah, I thought I should let you know, I’m still down if you are but I’ll be busier’ he smirked, ‘fine, fine, I’m still down, at least for now’ ‘good’ Jack smiled, ‘will you ever commit again?’ ‘I doubt we have the occupation for that kind of thing, Jack, see you soon’. 
Lucy smiled laying in bed with him, Jack sighed, ‘I don’t think I can do this any more, cos I really like you and stuff, and you don’t like me’ Jack sighed, Lucy looked at him, ‘you said you didn’t get attached’ ‘well, I was wrong’ Jack murmured, Lucy sat up with him. ‘I just don’t think I’m really ready for more than this’ ‘so I’m your rebound, huh?’ Lucy sighed, ‘I don’t what you want from me? I mean, you want me to bullshit you for months and lie about how I feel about you? Cos I am not doing it, call me heartless, but I am honest’ Jack smiled, ‘can we work on it?’ ‘Fine, definitely, I like you a lot and you’re a stallion, sweetheart’ Jack laughed, ‘I love you’ ‘I’m working on it, so weird’ laughing.
-x-
6 months later:-
'Actually Bad Blood, isn't about the guy, it's about a girl I was friends with when I was younger and she used to insult my ambitions and Bad Blood was written about it' Lucy smiled sitting on Warped, 'I really hate that song, I've written better but the chorus is awesome to have sung back at you, so it's difficult for me' Liam smirked, 'she's too harsh on herself' 'Misery Business' 'oh, well, that song I fucking hate too cos I actually slutshame, it makes me wince' Liam laughed, 'but I really didn't like her, but you can't take the word out of context can you, it's not a name, it's a personality of it's own, eurgh, I really like the new record we've made, I was young' 'it's awesome, and your best yet' 'I felt like our EP's were us testing stuff out, and seeing what we could do, with our self titled, it just feels like the best of those EP's and stuff we've learnt from bands and musicians we've played with' doing interviews. 
Lucy smiled seeing Jack, he grinned, ‘I heard your interview, you make me laugh’ ‘thanks’ ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘get in, sorry’ laughing, ‘I do have a question, you know Miss Jackson’ ‘hehe’ ‘what?’ ‘sorry, I wrote that about you’ he smirked, ‘I was wondering if you had, actually cos it seemed like us before we you know’ ‘got together’ ‘exactly’ laughing, ‘I do love you Lucy’ ‘I love you too, I’m sorry you had to wait so long’ ‘I’m not sorry, Lucy, it was worth it’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘I think you were right, rather wait and be right, then get into something and get it wrong’ ‘exactly’ he grinned holding her hands, ‘you travelling with me tonight’ ‘I don’t have early starts but our bus has it’s own rooms, so we’ll be alone’ he grinned, ‘I love it, really?’ ‘hmm, we won it, all the techs too, it’s awesome’ he grinned, ‘alright, I’ll join you’ giggling. 
'So what if I don't have a lot to talk about, I shut my mouth and keep it locked until something worth talking about..you should be alone, you should be alone, with me' Jack beamed watching her play 'we could be alone, never get to low on me..we could be alone' winking at Jack, he grinned, 'I'm alone, I'm in love with you alone' as Lucy smiled, 'this song is called Still Into You' Jack grinned, 'it's not a walk in the park to love each other but when our fingers interlock can't deny you're worth it, cos after all this time I'm still into you' he grinned, 'and even on our worst night, I'm into you, let them wonder how we got this far, cos after all this time I'm still into you' he grinned, 'you felt the weight of the world fall off your shoulders and we sang along to your songs, and another' bringing the crowd together, 'thank you' taking a bow quickly and packing up. 
Jack smiled holding her in bed, ‘I love you, you made some great songs’ ‘I’m sorry I wrote so much about you’ ‘better than Alex and Tay’ laughing, ‘I hate to see your heartbreak’ he grinned, ‘I know that now’ he grinned pulling her close, ‘Falling In Reverse are on this tour’ ‘it’s problematic’ ‘why?’ ‘cos I arrested him’ Jack laughed, ‘seriously?’ ‘I was in the academy and had to go out on patrols and stuff, and he was the first one I saw’ Jack laughed, ‘that’s amazing, no wonder you mentioned it so often’ ‘I see him sometimes look at me like he knows me from somewhere’ Jack laughed, she giggled, ‘it’s not funny’ laughing a little, ‘Ii love you’ ‘I love you too’. 
'You I recognise you' AP watching all this, 'you were one of the police who arrested me' 'I was eighteen, it was my first case out of academy' 'I didn't do anything' 'buddy, that's what they all say' Lucy muttered, 'I can't talk about individual cases I worked on, but I am not listening to your bullshit, there had to enough evidence to prosecute you, it's not your word against there's and you should know that, and deluding yourself to believe otherwise, is kinda pathetic' leaving him speechless, 'goodbye' the interviewer rounded on her, 'you were a police officer?' 'I was indeed, music was a thing I got into later than most' she murmured, 'but yeah, I was, I didn't really enjoy it, but I did always want a job that helps people' Lucy smiled. 
'Someday you're going to be one you got' singing Anklebiters, 'what do you actually expect?' leading the crowd, 'fall in love with yourself, oh, again, cos some day you're gonna be only one you've got' kicking but, 'anklebiters' the crowd singing as she led a group clap, 'thank you' taking a bow, as Ronnie ran across, 'oh, he's lost his fucking mind, it happens all the time, he's an asshole baby' smashing stuff, 'I'd give you the mic stand, but you shouldn't be allowed one in the first place, full of hatred and bile, you're fucked up, go home' picking him up and throwing him off with Liam and security stage, 'now where was I?' Lucy smirked, getting back into it. 
-x-
3 years later:-
'This is my transmission home, to say I've out here to along alone, and I wanna come down now' Lucy smiled playing a set in a sold out Camden Yards on a co-headliner with All Time Low, 'thanks Baltimore, this is fucking amazing' she smiled, 'this is our last song, it's about my husband to be honest, it's called Still Into You' Jack beamed, Alex laughed, 'your face' 'I love her very much' laughing a little, 'you're so lucky' 'I am indeed' Lucy finishing the set, 'thank you' as techs begun to pack up and she found Jessica, Jack grinned, 'sorry, but I was worried' Jack chuckled, 'she's our daughter, good' laughing, 'I'm glad we had her' caressing the baby's cheek, 'she's only two months' 'I know, I'm so glad I have an occupation where I can bring her with me' Jack smiled, 'me too'. 
Lucy rested on his chest, ‘lucky to have you’ he grinned, ‘saying something to Alex earlier’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘good’ ‘good’ kissing him softly, ‘I’m glad we found each other’ falling asleep holding her, ‘me too’.
they lived happily.