Stories Yet to Unfold.

Strength.

Jack smiled, ‘you’re the newest recruit’ ‘I am indeed, just looking for a job, even if Ii have phd, sorry’ ‘you’re a doctor, and you work in a bar, what are you doing?’ ‘Too many doctors, kill the employment opportunities’ Jack laughed, ‘but my parents ran a bar so I might as well work in one’ ‘what are you a doctor in?’ ‘I am a doctor in Politics, I’m over qualified or under experienced’ ‘that sucks, but I’m glad to meet you, I’m Jack’ ‘Lucy, it’s nice to meet you, you’re the co-owner, right?’ ‘I am indeed’ Lucy nodded, ‘politics doctor, damn, you shouldn’t be here’ laughing, ‘No, no, don’t think like that, everything happens for a reason’ Jack smiled, ‘fine, fine, you good at Pena Coladas’ ‘I think so as it’s my favourite’ making him a cocktail, ‘here you go, I hope it’s okay’ Jack smiled, ‘what if people you know come in here?’ ‘I hide’ Jack laughed, ‘not happened yet’ laughing. 
Lucy smiled, ‘It’s the end of shift, it’s nice to meet you’ ‘It’s nice to meet you too’ he grinned, ‘so, are you busy?’ ‘No, no, I’m not, I do have Sundays for myself, thankfully’ ‘you do three 12 hour days’ ‘well, I gotta pay rent’ Jack nodded, ‘is this your only job’ ‘I value my free time’ Jack smiled, ‘I get that’ ‘can I take you to dinner tomorrow?’ ‘Sure’ he grinned, ‘awesome, I’ll pick you up around 1pm?’ ‘why not, wouldn’t mind a carvery’ ‘damn, that sounds like a good idea’ laughing and heading off, Jack smiled, ‘damn’ sorting the last things out in the bar and heading out preparing for tomorrow, Jack drove over, ‘hey’ ‘nice ride’ Jack grinned, ‘thank you’ letting her in, ‘I know a nice place in Baltimore’ driving there, Jack smiled getting a table for them, ‘you look incredible’ ‘I really tried, I went shopping early this morning’ Jack grinned, ‘you did good’ ‘it’s important to make an effort’ Lucy smiled talking together before ordering food. 
Alex smiled, ‘you look happy?’ ‘I think, I begun dating someone’ Jack smiled, ‘you’re dating?’ ‘I am’ Jack smiled, ‘her name’s Lucy, I like her a lot’ he grinned, ‘where did you meet?’ ‘She works in my bar, but she has a phd and stuff, she’s interesting and funny, and I like her’ ‘she works in your bar, is that clever?’ ‘I don’t care’ Alex laughed, ‘fine, so she’s cool’ ‘she is, I like her’ Jack smiled, ‘also, she’s a very independent person, I like her for it’ he grinned, ‘so, what do you do next?’ ‘I think we’re going bowling next time’ Alex grinned ‘so, being a little cliche’ ‘there’s nothing wrong with a cliche she said so herself’ laughing, ‘I can’t wait to meet this woman’ ‘she works there everyday bar Sunday, you will’ laughing, ‘so, how come she works in a bar?’ ‘Apparently, there’s just so many people going for the same jobs’ Alex nodded, ‘fair enough’.
-x-
'Does she like working in your bar?' 'I think so, but she volunteers with a human rights charity when she isn't working, so I think she values that' 'I see' Alex smiled, 'you did good' 'I did' Lucy smiled joining them, 'can I get you anything?' Jack smiled, 'a beer, pena colada' 'absolutely, coming up, you got I.D' 'it's Alex' 'I know, but I've heard your early records' Alex laughed showing I.D. 'not so embarassing now, huh?' laughing, Alex smiled, 'I like her' laughing, Alex sighed, 'you know a woman sped up in front of me last night, do I look like someone-' Lucy smiled, 'that's rape culture, though, when women go on a date they worry they're dating a serial killer, when men go on a date, they worry the woman will be fat' Lucy putting the drinks down, 'my thesis is on it' Alex looked at her, 'seriously?' 'Seriously, I did research on dating and social constructs within modern society' Jack smiled, 'she's taught me a lot' 'indeed'. 
Jack walked with her to his place, ‘come in, I know you have tomorrow off, you can stay and then we’ll have the whole day’ Jack smiled, ‘sure, that sounds nice, and Jack, I didn’t teach you anything’ ‘you have’ ‘you’ve never been that bad, compared to people I know’ Jack smiled, ‘I didn’t want to make Alex feel bad, but I also wanted him to think’ Lucy smiled, ‘also, I’ve read your book titles, I know it’s important to you, also, I don’t know if you saw’ ‘in the bathroom, I know, you do the nail polish to check if a drink is spiked’ ‘I don’t want anything like that happening in my bar, I know it should be you know, men shouldn’t do that shit, but-’ ‘imagine if someone got the polish and went back to their drink and they were worried’ Jack nodded, ‘checked it, has something in it, imagine the amount of men who are going to get caught’ Jack smiled, ‘good point’ laughing, ‘you’re a good guy’ ‘thank you’.
Lucy giggled wrapped up in blankets on Jack’s bed, ‘this is fun, thank you’ ‘no problem’ letting her snuggle, he grinned kissing her softly, Lucy smiled kissing back passionately making out in bed, Jack beamed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing again holding her close to him, ‘I don’t know how I’m so certain so quickly, but I don’t care’ Jack murmured, Lucy smiled at him, ‘I didn’t think there was time set on these things, if you feel it, you feel it Jack’ he grinned kissing her, ‘I worry what you’re feeling’ she giggled, ‘it’s certainly a big feeling isn’t it?’ giggling, ‘I’m sorry, it’s been a while’ ‘mutual’ giggling, ‘would you like to?’ ‘I’d love to, Lucy, but I don’t wanna rush it, or anything’ Lucy caressed his cheek softly, ‘whatever you want’ kissing him softly, he smiled, ‘you don’t mind’ ‘darling, I’m not going to treat you like how many men treat women’ he grinned, ‘I don’t get society, feminism would be both beneficial to men and women, if that’s the case’ ‘tell me about it’ laughing. 
-x-
Jack smiled waking her up with a kiss to her neck, the tattoo of ivy around her hip, was so hot tracing it softly, ‘why Ivy’ ‘Batman, Jack, Poison Ivy, she inspired me to be a doctor in thr first place, but less murderous’ Jack laughed, ‘I’m still alive’ he grinned kissing her deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing passionately pulling him on top, Jack smiled, ‘you’re very passionate aren’t you?’ Jack smirked, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘then of course’ laughing a little, Lucy grabbing his butt, ‘you like the butt?’ ‘I like the butt’ giggling making love, ‘I’m kinda hungry, mind if I cook something?’ ‘Course not’ he grinned watching her dress a little, Lucy cooking some food quickly and putting it down, ‘this looks good’ ‘I just did some soup and bread’ he smiled, ‘I’m so glad you can cook’ laughing. 
Lucy got into the bar early and got working Jack smiled, ‘she’s a nice piece of ass’ ‘do you mind talking about women like objects and not people, but yes, she’s my girlfriend’ ‘oh’ the guy running off, Lucy dying and laughing, Jack smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned as she finished the tables, Jack smiled, ‘what’s the worst you’ve heard said to a woman?’ ‘I’ve got a friend whose a lesbian and a guy told her it was a huge turn off she’s a lesbian and she’d never find a boyfriend’ Jack looked at her, ‘please tell me you made that up, but’ Lucy nodded, ‘it’s true, I was there’ ‘how self important did he think the male race is?’ laughing, ‘man, that’s awful, I’ve toured with women and heard some stuff’ talking, ‘I better get on’ Jack nodded, ‘I promise I won’t make it a problem’ ‘its fine’. 
Getting the door and yawning, Lucy smiled, ‘it’s so weird sleeping without you’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m sorry darling’ ‘can I come to yours, I’ll bring the dog’ ‘come on then, be quick though’ ‘I promise’ heading out of his and getting to hers, ‘come here’ kissing passionately and going to bed together, Jack smiled snuggled into her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned kissing softly, ‘I don’t wanna, I don’t wanna be without you’ Lucy smiled, ‘mutual Jack’ he grinned pulling her close, Lucy smiled playing with his hair, he smiled, ‘you like that?’ ‘sorry’ ‘no, it’s fine’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ getting some sleep finally, Lucy smiled glad to be with him for now, with all his plans coming up. 
-x-
6 months later:
Lucy looked at it again, ‘fuck’ she murmured, ‘fuckity, fuck fuck’ looking at the test, ‘god’ wiping her eyes, ‘Lucy, you ok?’ ‘Yeah, kinda, ahh’ Jack came in, ‘you’re pregnant?’ ‘Yes’ he smiled sitting with her, ‘what would you like to do?’ Jack asked, ‘I don’t know, to be honest’ she sighed, Jack smiled, ‘your body, but I think we could do it’ Lucy looked at him, ‘I do wanna keep it but I know’ Jack grinned, ‘I promise our schedule is hectic, but it’s not as long, how far are you?’ ‘It will come in June, I’m about 12 weeks’ he smiled, ‘fine, I’ll be home then’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ taking her hand, ‘I love you too, I’m scared’ ‘so the hell am I’ laughing, ‘but I promise we’ll do this together, as long as you can take care of yourself, which if anyone can’ Jack smiled, ‘I promise’ ‘I promise to be careful’ ‘thanks for promising that, it did worry me’ laughing. 

Jack put the picture on the wall of his bunk, ‘is Lucy pregnant?’ Alex asked, ‘yes she is, but between us, she’s really scared, so don’t be horrible’ Alex smiled, ‘that’s a woman, who doesn’t mistakes, Jack, she must be freaking out’ ‘she was on antibiotics and apparently it alters the pill’s usefulness or something’ Alex nodded, ‘and I didn’t know that, she didn’t, dammit, we checked the dates’ Alex smiled, ‘I know, I remember asking her about kids and she was like, I have Jack, that’s enough, poor woman, but you’re having it’ Jack laughing, ‘yes we are’ ‘you’ll be a great dad Jack, do you have a place for a nursery?’ ‘No, Lucy’s organising it at home right now, moving and everything, I’ve told her not to lift a thing’ Alex smiled, ‘I’ll give you a hand when you move, damn’ ‘indeed’. 

'Damn' Lucy laughed, 'yeah, they're a little obvious now' Jack smiled, 'good job you don't smoke, or drink all that much' 'yeah, it's healthy, I don't know what it is though, but I couldn't find a place' 'what?' 'but I did find a house in Baltimore, that I have enough for half a deposit, I kinda hoped' 'I can do it' 'thanks' Jack smiled, 'I'm in love with you' 'I'm in love with you too, thank you' 'no need' he grinned, 'you wanna be a parent?' 'I'm going to be an unconventional one but yes I am' he grinned, 'I was thinking, there's a job at the bar and we wanna hire internally, you're good with communications and events, get your own office, so you could take care of the child in their and still work, if that makes sense?' Lucy smiled, 'it does, but after maternity' 'of course' he grinned, 'I'll sort it out'.

'Oh, you did good' Alex grinned, 'this is a beautiful house' 'it is, the kids wanted a quick sale and stuff because they were leaving the state' Alex smiled, 'so it was wrapped up pretty quickly' Alex helping them, 'man you are huge' 'yeah, they're big' laughing, 'like father' Jack choked, Alex laughed, 'how long until you know, give birth?' 'about three months now' 'geez, got any name ideas?' 'if it's a girl, it's going to be Amelia and Jack is in charge if it's a boy' he grinned, 'really?' Alex smirked, 'you know it might end up being called Kevin' 'I'm rooting for Tim you know?' Alex laughed, Jack smiled overhearing, 'what like Tim Burton?' 'Yes, Jack' 'not a bad idea, I'll think about it, but my kids going to be cool, Kevin indeed' shaking his head, Alex laughed, 'amazing' laughing together, 'are you taking a maternity soon' 'I begin in a month, you can't tell from the front, but from the side, geez' laughing. 

Jack smiled, ‘I’m glad you’re home now’ kissing her softly, ‘hello in there’ he grinned, ‘I hope you take care of your mum, you know? Not too much kick and lack of sleep, she’s taking care of you’ Lucy smiled, ‘I love you Jack’ ‘I love you too, shall we make love very carefully?’ ‘Please, I need to get off’ laughing making love, getting her on all fours, ‘fuck’ he grinned, ‘good’ ‘yeah, I’m not going to be able to for six weeks’ ‘I know, and I’m not home for four, so don’t worry’ laughing, ‘trust me I’m going to be horny as hell’ Lucy muttered, laughing, ‘and then working in the Rockwell when you’re on tour, so it’s all good’ Jack grinned’ ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, kissing her deeply. 

Lucy smiled holding Timothy Bassam Alexander, ‘he’s adorable’ Jack beamed at her, ‘so glad we had him’ ‘me too’ he grinned taking a picture, ‘just welcomed my first Child Timothy in to the world’ Lucy smiled, ‘with my girlfriend Lucy of course’ laughing a little, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘when he can walk, I’m putting a ring on that’ laughing, ‘fine with me’ laughing, ‘Timothy, you are going to have an awesome life’. 
-x-
3 years later:-
'Mummy, where's daddy?' 'he's just there, we're off to see him!' carrying him into the venue and heading to find him, letting Tim walk to him, 'daddy!' 'Timmy!' picking him up, 'hello, come on, I'll show you everywhere' 'thanks daddy' Alex smiled, 'all good?' 'All good, he's been missing him a lot as he's been a little unwell' Alex nodded, 'kids, huh?' laughing, 'he's a great dad, it's nice to watch' 'he is!' Alex smiled as Jack came back, 'daddy, will you teach me guitar?' 'Of course son!' Jack had been waiting for to be able to ask, Lucy smiled, 'when he's doing that, oh my god, he's gonna get laid' Alex laughed. 
Jack smiled watching Lucy as he taught Tim on a junior guitar to play, Lucy bit her lip, he grinned as Tim went through the scales, ‘you’re a natural’ ‘like his dad’ Tim wandering off with it and playing on it over and over again, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ pulling her close to him, ‘Alex told me what you said’ kissing her neck, ‘let’s see how true it is’ giggling. 
they lived happily.