Stories Yet to Unfold.

A Real Job.

Alex smiled, ‘I don’t know why I hired you, so please prove me right, I just related to you, I think you’ll be great at this’ Lucy smiled, ‘I understand that there were more experienced people than me, thanks for giving me the chance, but I can only prove you wrong, if I just get going’ Alex smiled, ‘good point’ Lucy nodded as she got into a small office in Alex’s house and went through the letters and entered them into the diary on his computer and then a physical diary she had picked up from a store, you couldn’t be too careful anymore and computers were a nightmare she didn’t really get sometimes getting into work and taking phone calls and bookings and writing emails of confirmation, she was feeling sick with nerves today but actually now she got settled things were okay, Alex smiled, ‘you did good today?’ ‘thank you, yes, I really like working independently, so it’s good, and you’re a nice guy, so at least it’s not a horrible boss’ Alex laughed, ‘thank you’ chatting for a bit and heading home.
Lucy smiled passing the coffee ‘I got your message, here, your coffee’ ‘thanks for doing that, I’m sorry I asked, I just had a craving’ ‘I was in Starbucks when you called, no problem’ Alex grinned as she sat down with her paper cup and flicked the computer on, ‘how’s your first week been?’ ‘I’ve really enjoyed it, it’s really interesting, a lot of things I book tend to be in Europe right now, so I have to talk to your tour management a lot, nice people’ Alex smiled, ‘glad you think so’ Lucy nodded, ‘and of course the album in March’ ‘do you like my band?’ ‘I’d heard of it, I’ve not listened, I’m sorry to admit to you’ Alex laughed, ‘that’s ok, I know you have the radio on, that’s fine’ Lucy nodded, ‘where would you begin with your own records?’ Lucy asked, ‘just if I’m ever asked’ Alex laughed, ‘I don’t know, one of three, So Wrong, Nothing Personal or Don’t Panic’ ‘I’ll just wait for the new one I think’ Alex laughed, ‘why?’ ‘Do the cliché musician thing, what’s your best record? The next one’ Alex laughing.
'Whose your new PA?' 'Her name's Victoria, she's really good' 'I was just going to say you did good, very polite, somehow she gets what she wants and you don't even know you've been changed' Alex laughed, 'she's very good and very nice' Alex smiled, 'where did she work before?' 'She didn't, she's a graduate, but I don't know, I liked her at the interview, also it's just difficult to find someone who doesn't wanna take advantage, she just wanted a job' 'anything bad?' 'She listens to the radio and I get some terrible stuff stuck in my head' laughing, Marky smiled, 'so what is she like?' 'I don't know her well to be honest, I know she's going to Lapland with her family, they won the trip, so she's there right now' Marky nodded, 'that's pretty cool' 'it is' Alex smiled, 'she's very organised, if she ever needs a change of scenery' 'no way' laughing.
-x-
Alex smiled ‘hey Lucy’ ‘hey Alex’ he rubbed his head, ‘ermm, the computer’ ‘right’ ‘it’s broken and I don’t know’ ‘don’t worry’ Lucy smiled, ‘I keep two paper back up’s of your diary, I have my laptop, thanks for messaging me, I’ll hook up everything now, and then you can get it fixed up’ Alex grinned, ‘thank you so much’ ‘also are you packed for New York?’ ‘What?’ ‘I gave you, dear lord, I’ll drive you’ he smiled, ‘sorry’ ‘no problem, do you even look in your diary?’ ‘I’m sorry’ laughing as Alex packed, ‘are you coming with me?’ ‘I have expenses Alex, it doesn’t matter’ he smirked, ‘we’ll get a twin room if you don’t mind’ ‘fine’ Alex looking in, ‘is that One Direction?’ ‘I don’t care, I like their songs, youre such a snob’ ‘I am not!’ ‘You so are, I won’t listen unless there’s an acoustic instrument, Luke Hemmings looks like my long lost son’ Alex laughed, ‘I’m tweeting that’.
Lucy drove him, ‘what are you doing’ ‘not what you are, there’s a wwe house show in Brooklyn and I’m going there, enjoy your corporate boringness’ Alex laughed, ‘thanks, it’s not that bad’ ‘Alex look around, all their models look the same, it’s corporate’ leaving, Alex laughing as she drove into the stadium and picked up such good tickets, getting a great view of the action, Alex text her, ‘I’m really bored’ ‘Well, it’s near the end, headfake and I’ll see you in thirty’ he grinned as she got up and left meeting him, Alex smiled getting in, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ Lucy nodded heading for the hotel and getting some room service, Alex smiled, ‘you good?’ ‘I’m good’ ‘good house show?’ ‘Awesome, actually, Daniel Bryan was there’ Alex smiled as the food arrived, ‘thanks’ passing Alex a tray, ‘thank you’ talking all night, Lucy smiled, ‘I really need some sleep’ falling under the sheets, ‘me too, weakling’ laughing.
Getting into her office, the computer was back thankfully still with all the details, ‘it was a technical glitch’ ‘good’ updating Alex’s diary from her laptop, and getting on with new emails and calls, ‘I need to get myself a band, all this travelling you do, be good if someone paid me to go elsewhere’ ‘oh, really?’ ‘No, I have the worst travel anxiety, I’d have a breakdown’ Alex laughed, ‘really, do you have a passport?’ ‘I do, in the forlorn hope, I might one day use it’ Lucy murmured, ‘but I worry I’ll be late for a plane, or I won’t book something right, or-’ Alex smiled, ‘you know, if you ever get stuck somewhere, I would pay for you to get back, if it means you get out of the US just once with that promise, Lucy, you should go’ ‘with Lapland it was easy cos we were escorted everywhere, it was incredible’ Alex grinned, ‘I am bit jealous, you must tell about that’ laughing.
-x-
Lucy smiled, ‘you’re Jack?’ ‘I am Jack’ ‘oh, you’re not what I expected, nice to meet you’ ‘did you not Google?’ ‘Haha no, I did with that with Alex, no’ Jack laughed, ‘you make a good point’ looking at her, ‘you are cute, sorry’ ‘haha, thanks, not so bad yourself’ Alex clearing his throat on his return, ‘do you mind?’ ‘Not at all’ Jack smirked, ‘well, you two couldn’t work, his family live in Lebanon, how about travelling to a near war zone’ ‘sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone, but flirting doesn’t mean meeting the parents Alex’ Jack nodded, ‘agreed’ ‘thank you’ Alex sighed, ‘you’re indeed right’ ‘do you have that kind of anxiety’ ‘travelling for me is difficult, why I learnt to drive to be honest’ Jack smiled, ‘man, that’s tough, I’d look after you, we’ll have a friendcation, I get given holidays’ Alex glared as they got talking.
Alex gave her the silent treatment, Lucy not really knowing what to do she ordered some roses, ‘leave them on the stairs, please.’ Alex looking out as someone walked out of his garden, he looked and picked them up, ‘Dear Alex, just to show I care’ looking at the stairs, Alex laughing, ‘roses, please speak to me again, I’m three metres away-ish, Lucy x’ Alex laughing and heading inside, ‘you left me roses on the stairs’ ‘I did some research’ Alex grinned, ‘I’m sorry’ sitting down, ‘why are you so mad?’ ‘I was, hmm’ rubbing his neck, ‘you fucking fancy me!’ Lucy looked at him, Alex laughed, ‘why is that so unbelievable?’ ‘Look at me’ Alex smiled, ‘I did’ ‘but I need to lose a few pounds and I have an astigmatism to rival Harry Potter and ginger, really, come on?’ Alex shook his head, ‘I don’t see that, I see someone who makes me laugh, buys me rose and leaves them on the stairs, perfection’ Alex smiled, but she was crying, ‘sorry’.
'Are you ok?' 'I'm sorry' 'it's ok, I'm sorry I made you upset' Alex hugging her, Lucy hugged him back, 'you care too much about what you look like, and not who you are' 'from you' 'thanks' laughing a little, 'I do really like you, I just play it off, cos it's like, not likely' Alex smirked, 'it is though' 'I know that now' laughing, Lucy kissed him softly, Alex holding her kissing passionately, 'I'm not really an expert' 'doesn't seem like it' he grinned, 'fine' kissing again, 'you don't fancy Jack?' 'No, it's banter' laughing, 'god' laughing, 'you know, you might have to come with me to the corporate meetings' 'no, please don't make me do that, not cos of the travelling, but does anyone deserve that?' 'If you get bored we leave' 'man, we won't be hanging around long' 'Lucy' laughing, 'you don't know why?' she winked, 'I have work to do' 'damn' laughing.
-x-
6 months later:-
Alex smiled as she looked awkward, Brian talking to her, ‘you’re alone?’ ‘No, I’m with Alex, I’m his PA, Victoria’ ‘nice to meet you, are you single?’ ‘I’m not, I’m sorry to say’ Brian smirked, ‘I’m sorry’ someone coming in, ‘I’m Stephen, this is Brian, he’s also drunk’ ‘I had a feeling, you can smell the whiskey from here’ moving him away, Lucy got one of those herself with a coke and sipped, ‘you should gulp, rather than sip’ ‘It’s my drink, I’ll drink it how I like’ Alex joining her, ‘you good, darling?’ ‘I’m fine sweetheart’ the guy leaving her, ‘you were hit on twice’ ‘one was drunk, Alex’ he laughed, ‘you’re beautiful to me, Lucy’ ‘I know, all that really matters’ taking his hand and pulling on it, Alex grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ falling into bed making love.
Lucy got dressed, Alex smiled kissing her neck softly, ‘morning’ ‘good morning’ he grinned sitting behind her and wrapping her up in his arms, ‘do you know you’re the best six months ever’ Lucy smiled, ‘really?’ ‘really’ snuggling into her, Lucy smiled, ‘I don’t know, sometimes I feel a little, I think you need someone who can handle herself better’ ‘darling, you handle yourself in the most important ways dealing with me being away’ Lucy smiled, ‘I guess’ he grinned, ‘good’ Lucy nodded, ‘I should start a band, it’s done so much for your confidence’ Alex laughed, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘no need, I love you Alex, you’re a sweetheart, but all the advice you give me, you really kinda need to take yourself, I love you for who you are, but sometimes, how can you not see you like I do?’ Alex grinned, ‘but that’s why I love you’ ‘it’s why I love you too, I think, come on, we’ll be late for breakfast’.
Alex looked over to her, ‘you ok?’ Lucy nodded with a smile, ‘yeah, been teaching myself guitar lately, just getting these tabs together and going through scales’ Alex grinned, ‘how far have you got?’ ‘I can play some basic stuff, Nirvana, Deep Purple, Time Of Your Life’ ‘What are your music tastes like these days?’ ‘I don’t know, I used your records as a sort of gateway to other music, go on similar artists on Spotify, I really love The Maine at the moment, it’s a sort of snowball’ Alex grinned, ‘don’t they play Baltimore soon’ ‘they do, I bought tickets, it’s the first gig I’ve been too, that isn’t yours’ Alex smiled, ‘would you like me to go with you’ ‘only if you want to, you are home’ Alex smiled, ‘I would’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem, you’re my partner, we’re a tag team’ laughing.
'Are you okay to be here?' 'I'm fine Lucy' taking her hand standing on barrier, Alex smiled, 'you're an education Lucy' she giggled, 'is that good?' 'Yeah, I've learnt I can be a bit of a dick' 'I've learnt I need to push myself a bit more cos I am resting on my laurels' he grinned, 'what do you wanna do?' 'I can play guitar, but ermm, I don't wanna be in a band, I've just begun managing one' Alex looked at her, 'you're managing a band' 'I'm going to begin a management company, you pay me really well and I invested and stuff, and I've got money, so I'm going to see where it goes' Alex smiled, 'I totally support that, but I wanna hear them' 'I'm specialising in female leads, cos I think I can do some interesting things' Alex smiled, 'I didn't expect anything else from you' watching the show, 'you wanna meet them?' Alex asked, 'I don't know' 'come on' he grinned.
'I've got such a headache' Alex laughed, 'we got drunk with those guys' 'I need to go meet that band I told you about' 'what are they called?' 'Brand New Eyes, wanna come see?' 'Please' he grinned following her out after breakfast and advil, 'hey guys, this is my partner Alex, he's just gonna listen in, as he's more knowledgeable in some areas than me' 'that's Alex Gaskarth' 'it is indeed' Lucy smiled, Alex trying not laugh, 'ok' laughing, 'he's not here to judge you, just to listen' 'ok' listening to their set, Alex smiled, 'I think you did good with these guys' 'you think?' 'I think so' Lucy grinned, 'excellent' 'you think?' 'Definitely, don't worry you maybe the first band, but I will do a damn good job, let's get you on the road but first you need to record' 'we have an EP' 'excellent, then we'll build from there' Lucy smiled, beginning her business.
Alex smiled, ‘you’re quite open about it’ ‘I guess, but I don’t think it really matters to be honest, I have my own life independent of yours’ Lucy smiled, ‘I think after looking at the internet and thinking about it far too much, they felt your ex depended on you and treated you pretty badly, to be honest I still see you surprised at how I behave because you’ve not been treated in a way that really is respectable’ Alex looked at her, ‘you noticed?’ he mumbled looking uncomfortable, ‘I’m sorry, Alex, but we are bad and mean, and a pain in the ass, but we are pain in the ass in different ways, for me it’s patriarchy, for your ex it was just you’ Alex grinned, ‘fortunately for me and you Alex, you think women are treated like shit too’ Alex smiled, ‘I am glad we agree, is that important to you’ ‘Essential, I’d never date anyone who thinks I’m second class, I hope you never do it again’ he grinned, ‘I did alright’.
-x-
3 years later:-
Lucy smiled, ‘man, they’re doing good now’ Lucy murmured, Alex grinned, ‘they are, is it safe for the baby?’ ‘Yeah, yeah, Alex it’s fine, we’re a good distance away’ ‘I just know you’re eight months, Mrs Gaskarth, and I want my first child to hear me’ ‘and boy will they enjoy it, I know I do’ ‘as someone who knows you get turned on my talking dirty Lucy, I think they were made that way’ Lucy blushed, ‘thank you Alex’ she smiled, ‘for someone who wanted to have sex with me in my wedding dress, and really made this baby’ Lucy smirked, Alex blushed red, ‘thanks Lucy’ ‘and the tables turn, the renegade life, Alex’ he laughed, ‘why is that even your favourite?’ ‘Cos you were wrong’ he grinned.
Alex looked at her, as she tried to breath, ‘Alex’ ‘hmm?’ ‘Please call an ambulance’ ‘why?’ ‘My waters just broke’ ‘oh, my god!’ running around the room and finding everything, ‘ambulance, my wife is giving birth’ as Lucy looked him, ‘Alex, you’re gonna, get some gloves’ ‘oh my god’ ‘you think I’m happy about this, towels as well and warm water now!’ Alex rushing off and helping, kneeling on the bed, ‘Lucy, the head’s out’ pushing more, ‘I should have known the pains, it’s my fault’ ‘darling, it’s not’ seeing blue lights, ‘push Lucy, come on darling’ taking a deep breath, ‘I really liked this nightie’ Alex laughed, ‘me too’ he winked, giggling as she took another push, Alex calling them in.
'She's beautiful Lucy' Alex smiled, 'I can't wait to take her home' he grinned, 'me neither, but we've got figure out a name' Alex nodded, 'I like Mia' 'Mia Elizabeth' 'Mia Elizabeth Isobel' 'both mums' 'it's only fair' laughing, 'I agree' Alex took her hand, 'have you got a name?' 'Mia Elizabeth Isobel Gaskarth' 'that's a gorgeous name' 'thank you' Alex grinned, 'I love you' 'I love you too' 'and love you three' giggling.
they lived happily.