Stories Yet to Unfold.

The Holiday. (1)

Lucy smiled sitting on the porch, wearing a bunch of blankets watching the snow fall, Alex smiled looking over and giving her a wave, ‘I don’t think you’re my neighbour?’ Lucy heard him through the thick snow, ‘your neighbour and me swapped houses in England for a few weeks’ not being able to see him among the flakes, ‘do you wanna build a snowman?’ Alex laughed ‘I wouldn’t mind, I’m Alex’ ‘Victoria’ he grinned, ‘I can’t bloody to see you’ ‘sounds like home’ ‘I was, am, still English’ ‘yeah, you can’t give in your membership card easily, we’re a weird bunch of people’ Alex laughed as she walked in welly boots to the fence, ‘hello’ ‘hello, snowman?’ ‘I feel like this might be a scene from Frozen’ Alex laughed, ‘probably’ ‘I’ve never seen it, but I seem to know everything about that film’ Alex laughed, ‘me too’ laughing and letting him in the garden, ‘here, come, let’s begin the foundation for this thing!’ beginning the base ball of the snow man. 
Alex smiled helping her put the head on, and doing the accessories, ‘lovely, nice scarf’ laughing, ‘yeah, I think he’s a pretty hipster snowman’ laughing together, ‘So, why Baltimore for Christmas?’ ‘I’ve always wanted to see America, but I knew New York would be too much for you, and California is too glossy and Miami, I wanted to see a proper city, I guess, also big fan of The X Files, and Baltimore is where it’s set’ Alex looked at her ‘really?’ ‘Yeah, the writers of the X Files are the same ones who wrote The Wire, they said so’ Alex grinned, ‘so you like science fiction?’ ‘I do actually, I’m doing an English masters when I get home through Open University, and I’m looking forward to it, Scifi is part of my course’ he grinned, ‘been reading the books here’ wiping her face of snowflakes, ‘I think I might get some hot chocolate’ Alex grinned, ‘please let me, come in’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’. 
'Thank you, that was lovely' Alex smiled, 'no problem' Lucy smiled, 'it's Monday and it's Monday Night Raw soon and I get to see it in America, but I need to figure out where the USA channel is' Alex grinned, 'you're a wrestling fan?' 'I'm a huge professional wrestling fan' standing up, 'warm shower, wrestling, pizza' Alex laughed, 'she's kinda, sharp, my neighbour, you are nothing like her' Lucy smiled, 'I spoke to her on Skype, I did notice, apparently, you make a lot of noise on your expletive guitar' Alex bit his lip with a grin, 'maybe, it's being single that's the problem' laughing, 'maybe, I'm quite happily single right now, I guess, however I do miss snuggling and stuff, especially in winter' Alex nodded, 'me too, with Peter Pan' 'good choice, Cinderella or Toy Story though' Alex smiled, 'good choices' 'thank you' heading for the back door 'thanks for the drinks, Alex' 'any time' he grinned. 
-x-
Alex smiled, ‘did you have a nice Christmas?’ ‘I did indeed, it was so quiet and everything, skyping my family for a bit and all was good, watched Doctor Who on BBC America’ Alex grinned, ‘you should have said, I did the same!’ ‘Awesome, you’re a whovian?’ ‘I am indeed, I love it’ talking over the fence, ‘I have food, would you like to share some?’ Alex smiled, ‘sure, it’s not turkey is it?’ ‘No, I made lasagne, but I made more than I can eat’ Alex smiled, ‘my friends call me Garfield’ laughing and joining her, ‘this is a nice place’ ‘it is, she did good’ Lucy smiled, ‘I spoke to her yesterday, apparently, she’s loving it’ ‘I’m glad’ Alex smiled talking over food, ‘man, that was beautiful’ Lucy laughed, ‘I’m glad you think so’ Alex smiled, ‘are you loving Baltimore?’ ‘I am actually, it’s a really awesome city’ Alex smiled, ‘I’m glad’ ‘glass of wine’ ‘please’ ‘not a fan of red’ ‘that’s perfectly fine’.
'Out of curiousity have you heard of All Time Low?' 'I know they're playing Wembley in March cos in the airport they were advertising everything playing there in the next six months, all I know' Alex smiled, 'Well, I'm the lead singer' Alex murmured, Lucy looked at him, 'really, cos you don't seem like a guy who has the confidence to sell out an arena' Alex laughed, 'you are not the first to say that, sadly' Lucy nodded patting his hand, 'well, if you are who you say you are, then that's pretty badass' Alex laughed, 'I'm glad you think so' 'do you write?' 'I do, would you like to hear some?' 'Well, no one's going to complain about the noise' Alex smiled, 'what do you think are your musical highlights?' Lucy asked, 'I'm not sure, I'll play the ones most people know' 'I have an idea, do you own them?' 'Yeah, I'd forget' 'you can be like a jukebox, I'll mention a song' 'I like that' laughing. 
Lucy smiled, ‘thank you, I don’t know, I think you’re a hella brave dude’ Alex laughed, ‘thank you’ Lucy nodded, ‘you sound like you were born to do what you do, you have such a wonderful way with words’ ‘my ex, she left me cos of it’ ‘part of knowing where you’re going is knowing where you’re coming from, she must have had some idea, you were taking the road less travelled Alex, I’d never date a tollgate’ Alex looked at her, ‘are you saying my ex was a human tollgate’ ‘I’m not saying she wasn’t’ Alex laughed, Lucy smiled, ‘I’m going to get back’ ‘of course, I can find USA on here though’ ‘would you watch it with me?’ ‘Of course, I know nothing though’ ‘I will educate you’ Alex smiled, ‘the worst part of this, is that it’s live and I can’t fast forwar in the diva’s matches’ Alex smirked, ‘I don’t mind’ ”Alex!’ laughing. 
-x-
'Thank you for inviting me to your new year's party, Alex' 'I didn't think anyone should be alone tonight' 'well, thank you anyway, you've been amazing to know, recently' 'thank you' Jack smiling, 'you must be Lucy' 'I am indeed' shaking hands, 'I brought raspberry sourz and cream soda' he grinned, 'that's your drink?' 'it is, ok?' laughing, Jack smiled, 'we don't have cream soda in the bar' 'well, you should, I'll show you why' making two drinks, 'oh, that's good' 'see?' 'Alright, I'll make sure to have some, I'm Jack' he grinned, 'Lucy' Alex smiled, 'Lucy' Alex called, 'would you care to dance?' 'Please' he grinned takin her waist and resting her hands on his shoulders, 'is that ok?' 'Course it is' 'thank you' dancing with him gently, he grinned, 'I think I'm gonna miss you Cazza' 'miss you too Gazza' laughing, 'did you google me?' 'Never google you Alex' Alex laughing hideously. 
Alex smiled waking up next to her on the sofa, ‘man, my head hurts’ Lucy murmured, Alex looked at her, ‘you know nothing’ ‘my head feels like it’s filled with bees very angry bees’ Alex laughing, ‘I’m tweeting that’ ‘you say that far too much in my presence, Alex Gaskarth’ he laughed, ‘sorry’ laughing but getting his phone all the same, Lucy smiled, ‘pancakes’ ‘please’ heading for the kitchen and making some for her and, Alex and Jack, she passed them round, ‘man, feel free to take mine, I’m gonna just drink a lot of water and save myself next door’ Alex smiled watching her go, Jack smiled, ‘you totally fancy her’ ‘I think it’s worse, I think I love her’ stealing her pancakes Jack smiled, ‘I think that’s worth celebrating even if it’s going to be a really difficult thing’ Jack murmured, Alex nodded, ‘you think I should say something’ ‘Alex, you and her have more chemistry than breaking bad, you go for it!’ Alex grinned. 
Lucy packed her case, Alex watching and sitting with her, ‘I don’t want you to go’ Lucy smiled, ‘I don’t wanna go, Alex’ she murmured, but I have things to do, Alex’ ‘hmm?’ ‘I did something really dumb here, I sort of, didn’t realise I’d meet anyone quite like you, and I ermm, I think’ ‘I love you too’ Lucy grinned kissing him deeply, ‘sorry’ ‘no need, wanna try this long distance thing, I’m in Europe a lot, Lucy this year, you could come with me’ brushing noses softly, ‘I don’t wanna be in the way Alex, but I’ll be there if we can arrange it’ he grinned, ‘darling, you would never be a waste of space’ kissing passionately, Alex running his hand up her back, ‘do you mind making love in your house, I’ve just cleaned this house’ Alex laughing so hard, ‘darling, not at all, in fact you have two days here still, get your stuff together you’re staying with me’ kissing her, ‘I doubt I’ll need clothes much’ laughing. 
-x-
6 months later:-
'Warped tour, welcome to Warped tour' Lucy looking, 'wow' Alex grinned, 'did you do as much research as you said you would?' 'You have no idea, I have the lobely planet guide to this thing, I've listened to every band on this tour over the last couple of months' he grinned, 'and I've made notes, you got me an AP subscription for my birthday' Alex grinned, 'so actually, Mr Gaskarth, I'm gonna be just fine' taking his hand, 'also, your music is really depressing, or well the scene you fit in, geez' Alex laughing, 'yeah, I can see that' heading for the bus, Lucy smiled, 'it's empty' she whispered, Alex smiled, 'might have got us some time' Lucy bit her lip, 'please, it's been months since you came to my place' he grinned, 'I know' kissing passionately, making love over the dining tablie after locking the bus door. 
Alex smiled sitting with her the next morning, holding her hand, ‘you have interviews soon, I’m gonna go have a look around and meet some people, I love you, but I wouldn’t mind meeting a girl here and getting a chat happening’ Alex smiled, ‘that’s fine, course you go ahead’ ‘I’m going to also help Evan, I erm, talked my way into some tech training with a friend and I really hate being useless’ Alex grinned, ‘you did that?’ ‘I did indeed, a friend of mine runs a thing called Access To Music in England and he basically put me in a tech class for a few weeks and I helped and learnt how to do it’ Alex smiled, ‘you’re incredible’ ‘you’re incredible, Alex’ kissing him, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing passionately, ‘I’ll see you later sweetheart’ Alex grinned, ‘see you’. 
Lucy wandered around, ‘hey!’ Lucy being stopped, ‘hello?’ ‘are you a tech?’ ‘Kinda, yeah, why?’ ‘I really need some help’ ‘sure’ helping with some cables, ‘I’m Lynn’ ‘Lucy, I’m an assistant for All Time Low’ ‘you’re English’ ‘I am indeed English’ ‘we were there recently, Pvris?’ Lucy smiled, ‘with Lower Than Atlantis, a friend of mine said, you kicked ass in Norwich, that’s my hometown, and White Noise, Holy is my tune, sorry’ Lynn smiled, ‘you’re a fan too?’ ‘I had to do some essays, deadline was close’ shaking her head, Lynn smiled, ‘what do you do?’ ‘I’m an English masters student, I’m hoping to do a phd here when I’ve moved here, here it should be alright, if you just, I wanna make sure it sounds alright’ Lynn playing, Lucy smiled, ‘I did good’ laughing, ‘we should hang out more’ ‘I’d like that, I need a beer’ ‘we are on a level’ laughing. 
Lynn knocked, ‘is Lucy here, she helped with a tech issue and she said she worked for you’ ‘she’s Alex’s girlfriend, but yeah, she is helping us, Lucy!’ coming down the bus, ‘oh, Lynn’ ‘you didn’t say’ ‘would you?’ ‘Fair point, just really need your help’ ‘course’ walking with her’ Alex laughing, Evan looked at him, ‘but I’m a tech, and I wanna work with Pvris’ Alex laughing, ‘girls, huh?’ laughing as Lucy worked on it, ‘I have a physics A Level and an electtonics GCSE, I can do this’ figuring the problem, ‘Alex is your boyfriend’ ‘he is indeed, we have a long distance relationship, I’m here for Warped’ Lynn smiled, ‘I learnt to tech so I wouldn’t be just some person taking up space, here let’s do this’ putting everything together, ‘you know, I have an idea’ Lynn smiled, ‘let me figure it out’.
Alex grinned at her, ‘you been making friends with some people?’ ‘Lynn is awesome but she’s really busy too’ Lucy smiled snuggling into him, ‘I’m in love with you Lucy’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ ‘when I go home I’m going to send off my green card application’ Lucy murmured, Alex looked at her with a grin, ‘you’re coming to America’ ‘if you can hang in for nine months’ ‘definitely, you know Pvris is coming on tour with us in fall right?’ ‘No, I didn’t but actually, that’s what, she thought I knew’ ‘what?’ ‘just I have a good feeling about something’ ‘ok’ Alex grinned, ‘I really think I need you’ he grinned, ‘fine’ making love, Lucy kissing him passionately, ‘just be patient’ ‘Lucy, darling, I’ll come to you and everything, we’ll be just fine, sweetheart’ ‘good, thank you’ he grinned. 
Lucy smiled as Lynn hugged her getting on the US tour, ‘that work permit didn’t take long huh?’ laughing and hugging again, ‘does he know?’ ‘Not at all’ laughing, ‘wanna go show him?’ ‘Should we?’ ‘Please’ walking with her, Lynn looked in, ‘Alex’ ‘Lynn, good to see you after Summer’ ‘Yeah, I mean Lucy, she’s awesome’ ‘she is’ he kicked his shoes, ‘sorry, I miss her already, I had a week last month but’ ‘well, I’m sure I know a way to cheer you up’ Lucy coming in, Alex’s jaw dropping, ‘Lucy is our newest technician’ ‘oh my god’ Alex hugging her so tight, ‘you’re going to break my ribs’ ‘sorry, oh my god’ giggling, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, but I have so much work to do’ laughing, ‘damn’ laughing, ‘that was what you thought, wasn’t it?’ Lucy nodded ‘it was’ laughing. 
-x-
3 years later:-

Alex smiled, ‘your wife and you, you both tour in different ways, how do you do it?’ Lucy smiled at him, ‘we just do’ ‘it’s always good when we’re home’ ‘is this the kinda job you wanted to do?’ ‘oh, no’ laughing, ‘I had plans, but I also get to travel with some awesome people, see the world, it’s like I missed my good plan, cos an amazing plan was in the making’ Alex grinned, ‘glad you enjoy it, I worry about you’ ‘mutual’ Alex smiled, ‘I think it’s a case of this is Alex’ vocation and he does it really well, he’s really hot to watch too, and that’s good’ clearing her throat, Alex smirked, ‘so I respect that and encourage him, I don’t want to be a human tollgate’ Alex grinned, ‘I agree with her, though I was worried it wasn’t your vocation’ ‘I’m surprisingly good at tech, it freaks me out’ laughing, ‘I think I’d like to see if I’m good at production though’ ‘really?’ ‘hmm’ Alex grinned doing an interview with her. 
Lucy sat with him, ‘you wanna try production?’ Alex asked, ‘yeah I do, I’m not sure you want kids Alex, you’ve never said, so I might as well try and leaving something behind with my work’ Alex looked at her, ‘oh, baby’ kissing her softly, ‘I want your babies’ she smiled, ‘you do?’ ‘I do, Lucy’ wiping her eyes, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘no need, it’s just finding time with our work Lucy, I don’t know what to do’ Lucy nodded, ‘well, Lynn is off to record soon for a long time, cos she wants to make something awesome, so ermm, I think maybe, if I get off the pill’ he grinned, ‘can you do it?’ ‘Rise do Maternity, Alex’ he grinned, ‘fine with me, but who will look after it?’ Lucy smiled, ‘I guess I’ll take it with me, we barely go on a bus any more’ ‘me neither’ ‘exactly’ talking and making plans for the future. 
they lived happily.