Stories Yet to Unfold.

The Holiday. (2)

'Hey, you're my new neighbour?' 'No, I did an apartment swap for the holidays, I live here, and ermm, she has my place in England' Jack smiled, 'why Baltimore?' 'Just different I guess, and it's not far some nice places' Jack smiled, 'no, that's true' Jack smiled, 'so you're just here on a break' 'I am indeed, I just really wanted to get away for a little bit while I could' Jack smiled, 'course, do you have a job?' 'No' 'oh' laughing, 'I'm looking right now, back home, but yeah, it's difficult, cos our economy is awful' 'My band is playing England soon, you wouldn't know' 'only rich kids see bands, it wouldn't bother, the rich are getting richer and the poorer are getting poorer, you don't meet fans, you meet people who can afford to go' Jack smiled, 'politics major' 'how did you guess?' laughing. 
Jack smiled, ‘so you like being alone for Christmas?’ ‘I am enjoying it’ Jack smiled, ‘you’re weird’ ‘you don’t know my family’ ‘what did you do yout study in?’ ‘I did my thesis on Tumblr and social justice, all I’ve learnt is that they are very easily offended by everything, you wouldn’t believe’ Jack laughed, ‘that’s interesting’ ‘I wanted to see how much influence social media has on changing political discourse, Tumblr is not a positive place for social change’ Jack smiled, ‘they write about me and my best friend having sex a lot’ ‘like Destiel’ ‘it’s called Jalex’ ‘oh, geez, well you must be really good friends for them to write but that sounds like a very Tumblr thing to do’ Jack smiled, ‘you add one thing they disagree with, the hate you will get’ Lucy smiled, ‘it was interesting though and just sat on the internet for hours’ Jack laughed, ‘my kind of work’ laughing and talking. 
Lucy got her coat on, Jack smiled putting Olivia down, ‘dog for a walk’ ‘would you mind if I joined you, I just worry I may get lost-’ Jack laughed, ‘of course’ Jack smiled glad she was walking with him as she put gloves on, ‘what’s her name?’ ‘Olivia’ walking with her walking to the park, ‘this is Patterson Park’ walking together, ‘if you’re in a band successful enough to go to England, why stay here?’ Jack smiled, ‘good question’ ‘it seems such a Miami, California thing to do’ he laughed, ‘I guess it is, you heard of All Time Low?’ ‘I’ve not heard you, but I did see a big old billboard with two bands on, with You Me At Six on the way to Gatwick?’ Jack grinned, ‘I’m the guitarist’ ‘oh, sorry, I obviously’ he laughed, ‘it was brief’ laughing, ‘what was the album you bought?’ ‘The Cinema record on 8123, I love a band called The Maine’ Jack grinned, ‘I toured with them’ ‘I couldn’t afford gigs, I’m sorry’ laughing, ‘yet America’ ‘I’m not paying for my apartment, just my flights’ ‘true’ talking.
-x-
'This is my bar The Rockwell' 'you did the decor good' 'if he keeps making jokes on the internet about roofies, it will keep going' 'you didn't' 'I have been criticised, I will not do it again' 'but you'll stop doing it right, cos you know it's wrong, not cos people didn't find it amusing?' his business partner looking at her then him, 'that's a good question, you do think that's wrong, right?' 'Of course, I'd never ever do that' 'good, right' shaking his head, Lucy looked at him, 'especially as this bar is paid for by girls who listen to you, I mean, your partner here has a point, people listen to rock music for depth, these people could be in recovery of the thing you make jokes about' Jack winced, 'I assure you, I will not be making, I'm so sorry' 'it's not me, you need to apologise too, do you know what I'd recommend?' 'What' 'get a local charity that works with women and put some fundraising stuff here, and you give your own donation' 'not a bad idea' Jack nodded, 'I will'. 
'Lucy, this is Alex, my best friend' 'nice to meet you' 'you're English' 'I did a house swap with an american lady, Jack's neighbour for four weeks over the Christmas period' Alex smiled, 'well, I hope you're enjoying Baltimore' 'it reminds me of Kingston in London, don't know if you've seen it, but Thames and Thames, that's the same street name' Alex smiled, 'I've been there, Banquet Records' 'all hail that place, love that store' 'how could you not know who I was' 'don't be so arrogant, Jack, it doesn't suit you' shutting him down, talking to Alex as Jack  laughed to himself, 'what part of England are you from?' 'Norfolk, I'm from the lumpy bit that sticks out on the right of a map' 'me too, kinda, Essex kid' 'oh, good, you made good your escape' Jack laughed, Alex laughing too, 'yeah, I hear it's not the greatest place now' 'there's a TV show about vapid bints and they hail from Essex' 'Vapid Bints?' 'it's an insult' 'I'd never heard it' laughing. 
Jack walked with her home, ‘you have a great bar, thanks for dancing with me’ ‘no problem, I don’t mind’ he grinned as she unlocked the apartment door’ ‘what kind of place do you live in England?’ ‘I have a small place in Norwich, it’s near the city, and near the train station so it was easy for her to go to all the good cities for very little’ Jack smiled, ‘kinda similar to here then?’ ‘pretty much’ Lucy smiled, ‘I don’t know, I’m going to miss this place, thanks for being so nice to me’ ‘no need, Alex said about you coming to his for New year, I have family coming over’ ‘I hope you have a nice time, I am going to watch Doctor Who, make a Christmas Dinner and eat chocolate’ he laughed, ‘and the Nightmare Before Christmas on Christmas Eve, it’s my tradition’ Jack grinned, ‘I love that film, got a tattoo’ showing her his chest, ‘I’d invite you’ ‘I’m free!’ he grinned, Lucy laughed. 
-x-
Alex smiled, ‘it’s good to see you’ ‘it’s good to see you too, Alex’ a brunette coming over, ‘are you related?’ Alex smirked, ‘yes, Alex me old mucker is cousin, where’s your kermit the frog?’ ‘what?’ Alex asked, ‘toilet’ ‘oh, it’s to your left’ Alex trying not to laugh, as Jack broke as Lisa left, Alex joining him, Lucy returning, ‘I’m English, my family would have to run the great whorehouse of Britain to be related to everyone’ Alex laughing, ‘my cousin’ laughing, ‘well, fuck it, she’s never gonna know is she?’ Alex smiled, ‘she’s not really met my family in England’ ‘there you go then Alex’ patting him on the back, ‘do you wanna dance, Jack’ ‘sure’ he grinned taking her hand, Alex laughing, Lucy smiled, ‘I have a week left in Baltimore, thank you’ ‘no need, it’s been a bloody pleasure’ she giggled, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he grinned, ‘what are your plans?’ ‘I begin my masters in January in history’ he smiled, ‘cool, but February and March, you’ll be in London to see me’ he grinned, ‘if you like, be a honour’ he grinned. 
Jack knocked, ‘come in’ Lucy called as she packed, ‘hi’ ‘oh, Jack, hey’ he grinned, ‘I had the feeling you had pinched my dog’ ‘sorry’ ‘no need’ sitting down, ”I’m going to miss you’ ‘I’m going to miss you too’ he smiled, ‘good’ Lucy looked at him, ‘to be honest, you do have your flaws, like all humans, but if I could stay, I’d stay cos of you’ she blushed, ‘you are the funniest, most sincere, you listen, just a brilliant man, and you worry your parents aren’t proud of you, and fuck I’m just proud to have had your company for this long, I think I love you’ she murmured, Jack looked at her, ‘sorry’ Jack beamed, ‘I think I love you too’ she looked at him, ‘I don’t want you to go home’ Jack muttered, Lucy smiled, ‘I’m going to London, hell, I’d do the whole tour to be with you’ he grinned, ‘you would?’ ‘I’ve given you ideas, I can see the idea ticking over’ Jack beamed, ‘I wanna know you Lucy, I wanna know every single part of you’ Lucy smiled, ‘thank you, mutual, Jack’ he grinned. 
Alex smiled driving her and Jack to the airport, Jack taking her hand, Alex smiled noticing, ‘it’s gonna be hard you know, the distance’ ‘it takes nine months to get citizenship to the US, I’ll apply when I get home, cos by the time I’ll have it, I’ll have a masters’ Jack grinned at her, Alex smiled, ‘if we can do this, Jack’ he grinned, ‘I’ll figure it out’ Lucy smiled, ‘I wanna see this castle’ laughing, Alex grinned, ‘I really wanna see you in your natural habitat too, to be honest’ Lucy smiled, ‘I was much more fun here, but sure, I’d like that’ Alex smiled ‘gonna miss you my English cousin’ laughing, ‘you are the best people to hang out with, you’re so different, it’s complimentary, I’m not shocked you’re best friends, my best friend Lara is the same’ getting to check in, ‘it feels like that The Maine video’ ‘into your arms, Jack’ Alex laughed, ‘how?’ ‘The Maine is my favourite band, apparently you toured’ laughing. 
-x-
6 months later:-
Jack looked for her, going halves on tickets with her from her student loans, she was spending the whole summer with him thanks to a work permit with Hopeless, and boy was he glad she was right for the job, Lucy looking for him around LAX, ‘Lucy!’ she grinned looking up at him, Jack kissing her deeply, Lucy smiled wrapping her arms round him, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, I’m so glad you’re here’ Lucy wiped her running cheeks, ‘me too’ kissing passionately, Jack taking a picture of them, ‘my girlfriend is back in America!’ Lucy chuckled, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too, the guys are so looking forward to seeing you and you have to meet Rian!’ Lucy smiled, ‘the drummer, I’ve always wanted to play drums’ ‘you should have said’ talking, ‘The Maine are on Warped’ ‘you’re joking’ ‘I am not’ ‘I could cry again’ laughing. 
'Rian this is Lucy' he grinned, 'it's awesome to meet you finally' 'it's awesome to meet you too, I've met most of you in London shows, but we missed one another somehow' laughing, 'I know, Jack talks about you as much as I talk about Cass' laughing, 'well, I'm here to just help Evan with all your diary and stuff apparently' laughing, 'I really do need your help, this band are a nightmare this summer' 'it's cool, to be honest, I'd go a little crazy if I was doing nothing useful' Lucy smiled, 'and I don't wanna take up space, wanna let me know what I'm up to?' 'good idea' Jack smiled taking her bag with a smile, 'my girlfriend's here for six weeks' sitting down, Alex smiled, 'we went to England and stayed in Spring' 'but this is the longest time' Jack murmured, 'I know' he grinned, 'I know' Alex smled, 'this is awesome' 'you'll get laid Jack' 'Alex' glaring him, 'wow, you have changed' laughing. 
Lucy snuggled into him on the drive to the next state, Jack running his fingers softly on her thighs gently, ‘I’m so glad you’re here’ kissing softly, ‘I’m glad to be here, I can’t believe I’m here, but I am glad’ Lucy smiled, ‘when you move here, will you miss here?’ ‘I will, I have a phd space for me here when I come over in politics, and it’s going to be hard to adjust, but I hope you will help me’ Jack smiled, ‘of course I will, I will try, I mean, it’s gonna be hard’ ‘Jack, I understand that darling’ kissing him some how making love, Lucy looked into his eyes, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ falling asleep holding her tight, glad to have her with him so much, Lucy smiled Jack waking her up, ‘day off today’ ‘would you mind some video games and pizza?’ Evan laughed, ‘no wonder he loves you’ ‘see I’d never had a burrito until I met Jack, so they’re ok too’ ‘course Mexican is a US thing’ ‘hmm’ talking. 
Jack smiled doing interviews, ‘your girlfriend from England, Lucy is with you’ ‘she is, I’m glad, she’s awesome, and it’s good to be able to spend so much time with her, cos it’s really hard otherwise’ ‘how did you meet?’ ‘Lucy swapped homes with my neighbour for Christmas and was my neighbour and she is now the neighbour’s she swapped with neighbour, almost’ Lucy laughed, ‘that’s true’ laughing, ‘so, do you think it will be hard to leave your family?’ ‘I think so, of course but I think it will be worth it, and I don’t know, I’m really glad and scared to be here’ laughing, Jack smiled taking her hand, ‘you’ll be just fine’ ‘I think Alex did good’ laughing and talking, ‘you’re the most well known relationship cos of course’ ‘we are open about it, cos we want different ways to communicate’ ‘of course’ talking. 
'Is that 5 Seconds?' 'It is' Lucy smiled, Jack waving, 'Jack and Lucy' 'nice to meet you, it's Mikey isn't it?' 'it is indeed, you are hot, I'm not surprised' Lucy laughed, 'I'm flattered thank you' laughing, Jack looking at him, 'find your own' 'Jack' laughing as the others gathered, 'this is Lucy' 'nice to meet you, you're Luke, Ashton and Calum?' 'we are indeed' 'my little sister is just a bit obsessed and I have never been gladder that it's nice people like you, but I have a lot of work to do, it's a pleasure' 'what's your sister's name?' 'Amelia' 'I'll make sure to mention her' laughing, 'she has a twitter, Lucydoracc' talking to them and moving along as they tweeted, 'you're good guys' laughing. 
Jack sighed, ‘I hate seeing you go’ ‘I hate leaving’ Lucy murmured kissing her softly, ‘when you move here, we’re getting married, I hate this, it’s torture’ Jack murmured, Lucy smiled tangling fingers with hers, ‘be a honour’ kising again, Jack took her hand and slid a ring on her finger, Lucy hugged him tight, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘just take care darling, promise me’ ‘I promise’ wiping her eyes, ‘we’ll be legendary, Jack’ he grinned, ‘I know’ laughing as she got her plane, Alex smiled, ‘four months Jack and we have trip to England before that’ ‘thank god, I hate this, I need her here’. 
-x-
3 years later:-
'Lucy, what do you do?' 'I'm a doctorate student, but I am also an academic librarian full time in politics, I write a lot of journals and stuff like that too, I also am the agony aunt for you guys at Alternative Press which is my favourite thing to do to be honest' laughing, Jack grinned, 'my dad's a doctor, we role reversed' laughing, Lucy smiled, 'I'm just glad I get to live here, it has it's weaknesses granted but it takes a new generation to really make a difference and change things for the good' Lucy smiled finishing an interview, 'why they care what I think' Jack laughed, 'Lucy you're a celebrity' 'please, no, come on, haha' 'people recognise you' 'cos I'm your wife/carer' laughing together.
Jack looked at her, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m ok’ ‘not drinking’ ‘well, it would damage the baby’ Jack looked at her beaming, ‘we’re expecting our first child’ ‘we are indeed’ he grinned, ‘oh my god’ ‘it’s a boy’ Jack looked at her, ‘you know?’ ‘I fainted at work, and didn’t know, they told me’ ‘Lucy, you should have said’ ‘you were on tour and I didn’t want you to worry’ Lucy smiled, ‘a son, oh my god’ Lucy smiled, ‘indeed’ Jack grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, Jack’ ‘and you in there’ Lucy giggled, ‘I’m so glad you came with me’ ‘me too’. 
they lived happily.