Stories Yet to Unfold.

Bonds.

Jack smiled at her, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be, these things happen, thankfully I’ve just been shopping, would you cover me, just change in that bush’ Jack laughed, ‘good idea’ letting her go as he played lookout, the redhead coming back, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ he grinned, ‘sorry about my coffee’ ‘it’s fine’ ‘my dog got in front of my feet, oh, god’ ‘hey, have no fear, it happens to all of us, you alright?’ ‘I’m fine, sorry’ ‘apology accepted’ Jack smiled, ‘I’m Jack, if you need dry cleaning’ ‘be fine in a wash, Victoria’ ‘are your books, ok?’ ‘Yeah, which I’m glad of, cos they’re library books’ Jack smiled, ‘what do you study?’ ‘I’m a Freshman at Maryland, I study Management, I wasn’t sure what to do, as deciding what to do with your life at 18 is kinda big’ Jack laughed, ‘yeah, it is’ ‘and so you an put it to use anywhere’ ‘but music?’ ‘It’s my minor, I play piano’ Jack grinned, ‘awesome, I’m in a band, I play guitar’ ‘I sucked at that, you must be a genius’ ‘no’ laughing. 

Lucy smiled, ‘I’d happily teach you’ ‘teach me what?’ Lucy smirked, Jack smiled, ‘well, let me take you dinner first, but guitar’ Lucy smiled, ‘sure, I’d like that’ ‘be our first date?’ Jack grinned, ‘how old are you?’ ‘I’m 27’ ‘oh, right’ ‘you?’ ‘I’m 18, just worried we might want different things from dating, that’s all’ ‘Well, take my number, think about it, and then if you change your mind?’ Jack murmured feeling a little hurt but then she was right, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ Jack seeing her go and heading home getting his guitar and heading for practice. ‘You alright?’ ‘I just met this amazing woman, I’m hoping she’ll call’ ‘why won’t she?’ ‘She’s kinda young and like, I think she thinks that, I’m too old for her’ Alex laughed, ‘which means she can’t be a fan, have you seen them?’ laughing a little, ‘I walked into her, spilt my coffee on her, and we got talking’ Jack smiled, ‘and she’s cute and hot, but so funny and stuff, and I don’t know’ Alex smiled, ‘well, I hope she calls’ ‘me too’ Jack sighed playing guitar. 

Lucy hit the little green button on her phone, ‘hey?’ Jack asked, ‘oh, sorry, it’s Victoria, we met in a park, spilt coffee?’ Jack beamed, ‘I’m glad you called’ ‘I’m sorry for taking so long’ ‘oh, it’s just 3 days’ Lucy smiled, ‘well, it seemed such a waste, you make me laugh, and well, that’s kinda essential’ he grinned, ‘thank you, so, what’s our first date?’ ‘I think someone owes me a guitar lesson’ Jack grinned arranging a first date, ‘Finally, she called, goddamn, that was torture’ Alex smiled, ‘@jackalltimelow That girl called?’ ‘@alexalltimelow She did, Gonna give her a guitar lesson, we were talking about it when we met!’ ‘@jackalltimelow she really doesn’t know you at all.’ Jack smirked looking forward to it. Lucy knocked on his door gently, Jack opening it, she looked a little startled with the speed, ‘sorry, been waiting’ laughing a little, ‘it’s ok’ Lucy heading inside, Jack smiled, Olivia jumping on her lap, ‘Liv’ the dog jumping off talking on his sofa. 
-x-

Jack smiled, ‘Lucy?’ ‘Sorry, ermm, I won tickets to see One Direction at Bank Stadum on the radio this morning, would you, only person I thought of’ Jack laughing a little, ‘do you like One Direction’ ‘it was a joke gone wrong’ Lucy smiled, Jack laughing, ‘alright then’ ‘it’s 5SOS supporting, isn’t it?’ ‘I don’t know’ Jack smiled, ‘I’m not home much, this month so I’m glad’ ‘I know’ Lucy smiled, ‘and it’s like a third date right?’ ‘Have you been to a gig before?’ ‘A few, my older brother he’s a big Blink fan, I saw them in California last year, it’s a bit of a step down in talent but still’ Jack grinned, ‘you like Blink?’ ‘I think so, it’s just not, what they want to do to dogs is a bit weird’ Jack laughed with her, ‘oh, yes’ laughing a little, ‘any other bands you like?’ ‘I like The Maine, sort of weird people, I can relate to that’ laughing, ‘I don’t know, sort of more a book person, if it sounds good, I listen’ Jack grinned, ‘fine’ laughing a little, heading for the arena, ‘this is a good view’ ‘you better dance with me’ ‘try and stop me’ laughing.

Alex grinned, ‘I saw your pictures’ ‘she won tickets on the radio by calling in, and so I went with her, it was a lot of fun’ Alex grinned, ‘that’s cool, One Direction, does she?’ ‘Not really’ laughing a little, ‘I noticed she liked Blink’ ‘she has an older brother and he has anxiety, so whenever there was a gig at home, she’d go with him, and Blink was the last gig they did together’ Alex smiled, ‘does she have a job?’ ‘She does, but she works somewhere I can’t go without someone shouting at me’ ‘where?’ ‘Hot Topic’ Alex laughed, ‘to be fair none of our merch has our face on’ Jack nodded, ‘exactly, and to be honest, they don’t stock us much, apparently all they play in their is what she would imagine Satan sounds like’ Alex laughed, ‘she sounds awesome’ ‘she is’ ‘you’ve been tweeting about it?’ ‘I have, cos I thought if I showed I care, she wouldn’t get so much crap if we’re open about it, you know?’ Alex smiled, ‘I don’t know’ ‘I get that’. Lucy smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ ‘my daughter she loves this stuff, but I’m a little scared’ ‘completely understandable, but you’re doing parenting right’ the man smiled as she packed it up, ‘here you go’ ‘thank you’ Lucy smiled, then noticed, ‘no, it can’t be’ ignoring the flyers.

Lucy smiled meeting him, ‘I promise I won’t spill it’ laughing a little, ‘it’s alright, how was Europe?’ ‘Good, awesome yeah’ Lucy sighed, ‘what?’ ‘it’s ridiculous’ ‘what?’ ‘You said you were in a band and heading off to Europe is kinda a big deal, are you, no it’s ridiculous, why would you ask me out, you could ask anyone’ Jack laughing, ‘I’m in a band called All Time Low’ ‘I wondered cos we just had a competition in the store for your fall tour, and I was like, that’s his face’ Jack laughed, Lucy smiled, ‘I can understand why you didn’t tell me of course, it’s fine’ Jack smiled, ‘I should have told you, then you would understand why I keep leaving’ ‘Jack, you’re in a band, what else did I need to know?’ laughing a little, ‘no wonder you won’t pick me up from work’ Jack winced, Lucy giggled, ‘geez’ Jack laughing, ‘got any expectations?’ ‘The sex we’re gonna have when you come home after six weeks is gonna be incredible’ Jack choking on his coffee, ‘that’s not the answer I expected Lucy’ ‘I do apologise’ laughing, ‘you must, I don’t know, man, I don’t know what to think, I need some time’ Jack nodded, ‘I understand’. 
-x-

Alex smiled, ‘you alright?’ ‘Lucy figured out some stuff, and she hasn’t called for three days and I’m really worried’ Alex smiled, ‘want us all to call her’ ‘I don’t think that would help?’ ‘I think it would, cos we know how much you talk about her and stuff’ ‘I don’t know why she has a problem with it, she seemed fine with it’ ‘just call her yourself!’ Rian taking his phone, ‘hey?’ ‘hey this is Rian, Jack’s friend’ ‘oh, god he’s probably worried why I haven’t called?’ ‘He is’ ‘it’s not about him, it’s just I have surprise short essay to write and stuck in the library, I did text him that’ ‘Jack doesn’t read them unless it’s sexting’ ‘good to know’ Rian showing him the text, ‘oh’ Jack muttered, Lucy smirked, ‘can you pass me to him?’ Lucy explaining, Jack sighed, ‘thank god, you know I consider you my girlfriend and I’ll read’ ‘apparently, you like sexting, do you have people, don’t tell me’ Jack sighed, ‘not any more’ ‘you did?’ ‘Well, I was single for a while’ ‘Jack Barakat you are a learning curve, I better go, we’re not allowed calls in here, but tonight, I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned. 

Lucy grinned meeting him, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘nothing to apologise for, though please read your texts’ ‘I promise’ laughing a little, ‘I ermm, deleted all the numbers of the women who ermm’ ‘you were fuckbuddies with?’ Jack nodded, ‘see, I’ve not’ ‘I don’t want or need you to explain your behaviour to me, Jack, I get it, you have a penis, but I want an exclusive on it’ Jack laughed, Lucy blushed, ‘I can’t believe what i’m saying sometimes’ rubbing her head, ‘you picked us a song’ ‘maybe Through The Dark’ Jack grinned, ‘it’s that One Direction song’ ‘yes, it is, cos I know you’d never listen to it normally’ Jack smiled, ‘no’ kissing her and pulling her close, ‘that is how you kiss someone’ ‘thank you’ kissing passionately, Lucy doing her best, Jack picking her up, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, just listen to me’ ‘promise’ he grinned heading for his room carrying her up the stairs, ‘you are not very heavy’ ‘weightless, some might say’ Jack snorted, Lucy giggled with him, heading for bed. 

Sitting with him, Alex smiled, ‘so you are Lucy?’ ‘I am indeed, it’s nice to meet you, Jack has told me about you’ talking over drinks, ‘I had no idea how much stress a girl would make him be, cos seriously’ Lucy smiled, ‘I didn’t either, I have no idea when he leaves or comes back, I tend to guess’ Alex laughed, ‘and yeah, I don’t know if some things are more acceptable in a band then when you’re in a normal occupation, but he has a little black book’ Jack getting drinks, Alex nodded, ‘Jack’s been single a while’ ‘you’ll be surprised at whose in it’ Lucy whispered, fiddling with her glass, Alex smiled, ‘you worry?’ ‘I don’t know, I think so’ Alex smiled, ‘I’ll look out for you’ ‘I’m a student, I work in a hot topic, and he’s got, well, still’ Alex smiled, ‘I’m not competition am I, for some of them’ Alex smiled, ‘Jack really loves you, he talks about you a lot, don’t worry about it’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ Jack smiled coming back sitting next to her, ‘you ok?’ Lucy smiled nodding, ‘good’ talking together, Alex understood her worries. 
-x-
6 months later:-

Jack smiled holding her on the sofa, her head resting in his lap, ‘glad you’re moved in’ ‘I am’ Lucy smiled, ‘so what’s up?’ ‘Just thinking of what you asked, about being open about us, it’s just gonna cause so many problems, gonna to have to change my job for one’ Lucy murmured, Jack nodded caressing her cheek, ‘and then I’m going to have make sure my friends are my friends’ Jack laughed a little, ‘cos some of them are fans, I know that now’ Lucy sighed, ‘and it’s just tough, you’ve met my actual friends but’ Jack held her hand, ‘I’m in love with you, I just’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ Lucy smiled kissing him softly, Jack grinned, ‘you always seem so insecure about us, I hoped doing this would convince you that I was serious about you’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘you have nothing to apologise for, I understand’ he grinned kissing her, ‘I love you Lucy’ ‘I love you too Jack’ giggling making love, Jack held her pulling the throw round them, ‘take care of you’ ‘thank you’ giggling, loving her pinned to him gently. 

Lucy smiled, ‘you alright?’ ‘I’m fine, just The Maine are playing tonight, you can come too if you’d like, but you don’t go to small shows’ Lucy smiled putting on a shirt, Jack smiled, ‘I’ll come with you’ ‘I do have a spare cos, I hoped come on’ Jack grinned taking her hand and heading out with her, standing near the back, Jack holding her waist, ‘aren’t we be doing this, being open about it?’ ‘I thought we were just being a couple, that’s what we do everyday?’ Jack smiled, ‘well, why don’t we just do what we do, and then’ Jack sighed, ‘I just want people to know who you are’ ‘can you just wait for me to change my job, cos I can’t work where I work and keep my job, you know your fans’ he sighed, ‘I promise, I’m sorry you have to change job’ ‘it’s fine, it just feels like you’re not sacrificing anything for me, damned if I do ya, damned if I don’t’ Jack winced watching the show with her, thinking of how he could make it up to her. 

Alex nodded, ‘it’s kinda, I understand’ Jack sighed, ‘how do I even begin to make it up to her’ ‘you could just allow her privacy so she can continue do what she likes, then when she graduates’ ‘that’s three years!’ Jack exclaimed, Rian laughing, Alex smirked, ‘well, I think she’s probably spoken to Lisa, someone nearly got her fired from her job’ ‘that’s a comfort’ ‘and Lucy’s really nice and kinda naive, you know, I like her but’ Jack nodded, ‘I agree, it’s why I love her, she still sees the best in everything, but she’s analytical, she’s not stupid’ Jack sighed, ‘and I don’t think she trusts me, as much as she should’ ‘well, when you met you had a little black book and she recognised names in it, Jack, how are you so surprised by this?’ ‘Really?’ Zack asked, Jack glared, ‘sorry’ ‘see what happens’ ‘I guess’ Jack sighed, ‘I’m gonna have to’ ‘who was in it?’ ‘I’m not telling you that’ Alex smiled, ‘well, she’s like Cinderella isn’t she, you have to prove it’s not into the woods’ ‘she loves that film, oh god’. 
'Thanks for auditioning' 'no problem, I love playing piano, and Jazz was how I was brought up playing' playing piano in Moody's one of the city best jazz bars, when she saw this was a thing, she had to apply going through a whole spiel of songs, 'you're the best we've heard all day, could you come back tonight and rehearse with the band?' Lucy nodded, 'sure' Lucy waiting around and heading back, meeting the band, 'this is Victoria, she was the best pianist we had all day, so please be nice to her' 'who taught you?' 'My dad, he played bars in California, Nails McKinley was my dad's tutor, and he hung around my house' 'no way, sorry' Lucy smiled, 'I'm glad you recognise the name, my dad was a tuner, and so they knew each other well, my dad was a cracker' laughing a little, 'and called Jack, so you know' 'cracker Jack' Lucy smiled, 'yeah' laughing, 'let's do this' Lucy smiled playing with them. 

Jack saw her come in, ‘where have you been?’ ‘I got an awesome job!’ Jack looking at her as she explained, ‘so I’m now Moody’s Jazz pianist, and my pay has tripped and I only a few hours a night’ Jack laughed, ‘that’s incredible’ ‘so, now we can be open about us, cos you know Jazz bars are the last place’ Jack laughing, ‘that’s awesome, I love you’ ‘I love you too, also I fucking hated that fucking shop, all those parents judging their kids on their music tastes when they were probably listening to Gary Glitter in their youth’ ‘tweeting that’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘I don’t want you to feel damned if you do me, damned if you don’t’ ‘I was pissed off and I’m sorry, I don’t feel like that, but of course you are good at what you do, and it does lead me to have to do certain things and I don’t think you realise sometimes, and It’s not like you can’t find someone who actually’ ‘Lucy I’m in love with you, no one can replace you’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’.

'Watching my girlfriend make her debut as the Moody's resident Jazz pianist after working in Hot Topic, glad to see her talent not being ignored' as Lucy played with a grin on her face, getting into the sound they were making, Alex smiled, 'I want your girlfriend on our next record, she's incredible' Jack grinned, 'she is' Lucy finishing her set, 'thank you' Jack grinned as she joined them, Jack kissing her, 'you were incredible, and you look beautiful tonight' 'thank you Jack' kissing him back, 'oh, sorry Alex' he laughed, 'it's fine' Jack holding her waist, 'I love you' 'I love you too' 'and I'm sorry, I got you some treats' 'you had no need to!' Jack grinned, 'well, I felt like I did' Lucy smiled, 'you're a sweetheart'. Lucy smiled, 'Isn't lingerie really a gift for you?' Jack smirked, 'a little bit' giggling, 'well, you going to come and use of these bombs with me' sharing a bath, Jack smiled, 'I'm glad we have a big bath' giggling, 'me too right now' laughing. 
-x-
3 years later:-

Lucy smiled, ‘boy am I glad that’s all over’ Jack laughed, ‘I know’ kissing her as she removed her mortarboard, and gown, hanging them up on the door, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m fine, thankfully I made arrangement for tonight at the jazz bar, so it’s alright’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m glad’ ‘though, worried cos Moody’s needs a new co-owner, as the guy died and the son doesn’t like jazz’ Jack looked at her, ‘why don’t you buy it?’ ‘With what?’ ‘I’ll give you the money, and you pay it back’ Jack murmured, ‘I have a better idea, but I’m going to talk to the band about it’ ‘awesome, well let me know’ ‘I will’ talking, ‘you know, I did kinda wanna use the money we’d saved to you know’ ‘what?’ ‘Get married, if you want to Jack’ Lucy murmured, ‘I was thinking the same thing’ ‘oh, good’ giggling, ‘I’ll propose properly, soon’ ‘ok’.

'Guys' Lucy smiled, 'I have a question for you, and it's about the bar' 'oh, well, they're selling it' 'we all can't afford it individually right?' 'No' 'what if we all put in a bit together, and we owned the bar as a group?' Lucy asked, 'we'd have to get ten thousand each, which is easier to find than one hundred thousand from one' 'I could do that' 'if it means we keep playing' 'can you do it Lucy?' 'my fiancee has said he would help me find the money' Lucy smiled, 'congratulations' 'finally, geez, what was he doing?' 'Well, touring and album making and' laughing, 'and we could do more things, do you know with this band we could so easily have a close harmony group in' 'that would be awesome I rew up on that' 'so is everyone in?' 'Definitely' talking and arranging a plan for buying the bar. 

Jack grinned, ‘you did good?’ ‘I’m glad you think so’ Jack beamed, ‘ten of you just, awesome’ ‘thank you for helping me’ ‘if it means you happy and keeping this open’ Jack taking her hands, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘will you marry me?’ ‘yes’ he grinned taking her hand and placing a ring on it’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem at all’. 
they lived happily.