Stories Yet to Unfold.

Curves.

Lucy puffed out her cheeks, ‘sorry’ ‘no need’ ‘first of my runs, need to get my stamina up’ Lucy taking a gulp of water, John smiled she was curvy, he guessed she didn’t need a critic, ‘you just begun?’ ‘Indeed’ Lucy murmured, ‘what made you begin?’ ‘Back home, I was being bullied for it, thought now in university I could do something, and I don’t care what people I don’t know think of me’ John smiled, ‘good plan’ ‘thank you’ laughing a little, ‘I better get going’ ‘I’ll run with you’ ‘thank you’ John smiled running with her through the mountains, John smiled as she finished sipping her drink, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ John nodded, ‘what does water taste like?’ John mused, ‘shower thought there’ John smirked, ‘tweeting that’ laughing a little, ‘if human had wings we’d never use them, consider it exercise’ John laughing, ‘are you trying to impress me with these?’ ‘I don’t know, a little bit?’ ‘I’m impressed’ laughing. 

John looked at her, ‘you’re riding a bike home’ ‘using a car would kind of ruin the point of a run’ John nodded, ‘you have a point, it’s not a long ride is it?’ ‘fifteen minutes, I’ll be alright’ ‘you shouldn’t push yourself too hard’ ‘well, if I don’t then I’m not going to change, I better get home’ putting a helmet on and riding away, John watching her go with a sigh, ‘fuck society’s beauty standards’ tweeting from his phone and heading for his car. Lucy locked up her bike, ‘it’s gonna take more than bike ride love’ ignoring them and heading inside, grabbing an apple and heading for her book, Lucy smiled reading for a bit and then headed for the shower, washing it all out of her hair the dust and sweat of the day thinking of him, well, he did want to help, give him credit, thinking of the number in her bag, he was impressed, he didn’t care, ‘fuck the world and what it wants me to be’ but deep down, she knew it was the right thing. 

‘Hello? Lucy calling him, ‘hey, it’s the running girl, you gave me your number?’ John smiled, ‘surprised you’re not dead’ Lucy smirked, ‘me too, sometimes but for very different reasons’ John smiled, ‘me too’ ‘fucked up kids we may be, but we’re here for a reason, you wanna head out Friday evening, get the feeling you know Phoenix better than some girl from Pittsburgh’ he grinned ‘I’d love to, look good’ ‘I can try’ he grinned, ‘you’ll do fine’ arranging a place to meet. Lucy squeezed herself in spanx, which she was always pleased pushed her boobs and putting on a dress she liked, tying the purple belt putting on tight and some heels, feeling a difference in shape even after a couple of weeks, John smiled, ‘you look good’ ‘thank you, didn’t wanna look disappointing next to you’ ‘mutual’ heading out into Arizona, John smiled, ‘you can’t dance’ ‘neither can you’ ‘fair point’ laughing. 
-x-

Lucy got into lecture, John texting her, ‘sorry’ turning the volume off, Lucy texting him, ‘in a lecture on Logic right now’ ‘you do Philosophy?’ ‘Philosophy, Politics and Economics’ John smiled, ‘do you like it?’ ‘I want a job that helps people, I love it’ John grinned, ‘good, wondered if you wanted to come to LAX  with me?’ ‘When?’ ‘This weekend, is a six hour drive’ ‘you better have good music taste and I better pack some food’ ‘can you have a cheat weekend’ ‘alright then, but I’ll be careful’ he smiled, ‘I’ll let you take a run’ Lucy trying not to laugh as she kept texting him after big gaps, making notes on the presentation, Lucy getting the slides from the front. John smiled calling her, ‘sorry for ruining your presentation’ ‘the lecturer did that already’ John smiled, ‘wanna come?’ ‘Love to, I’ll get some cash’ ‘oh, no, you’re my guest’ ‘well, just in case’ ‘fine’ John smiled glad he could call her. 

‘I’m going on an adventure’ John laughed, ‘you’re about the size of a hobbit’ ‘and you are Groot, dude’ John laughing, ‘thanks’ laughing and heading on the road, ‘Death Cab, reminds me of my older brother’ Lucy smiled singing along with him, heading out on the drive, ‘we going near a beach at the end of this trip?’ ‘Course’ ‘good’ John smiled, ‘you ever popped the glass and stood with the wind whipping your hair?’ ‘Can you drive?’ John asked, Lucy nodded lying, thinking a straight line wasn’t hard and blagging it thinking of her dad as John did what she suggested in the middle of a deserted highway, John smiled as she pulled over gently, ‘you do it’ John grinned swapping with her and closing her eyes, ‘I love that feeling’. Lucy smiled resting her head as night set in, ‘we should find a motel somewhere here’ ‘agreed’ John nodded, ‘any ideas’ ‘not really, we could just ask at the first place, split the bill’ ‘deal’.

John smiled seeing her on the other side of the bed,  thinking actually that was no bad thing, Lucy smiled waking up, ‘wanna get some breakfast, this room was tragically cheap’ ‘fifty dollars for two nights, I know’ Lucy nodded, ‘what do you wanna do with our Saturday in LA?’ John smiled, ‘the beach I think and then maybe some dancing’ ‘then I need to change, so glad I packed a bag for this, I prepared, you’ll get in, but me no way’ he grinned, ‘I prepared’ he grinned, ‘thank you, you look pretty this morning’ ‘you are generous, come on, let’s do this, your terms’ ‘so you’ll do whatever I want’ ‘it’s your trip’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ heading out and sharing a slice of California with her. ‘Whoa’ John grinned, ‘you’re standing’ ‘I’m falling’ giggling together and having a lot of fun, heading home with some new awesome memories 
-x-

John smiled, ‘you are the best company’ ‘I love an adventure’ he grinned, ‘we should do it again some time’ ‘we should, where to go though?’ John smiled laying in the grass with her, ‘I have no idea’ he smiled, ‘maybe we should go to Sky Harbour and just buy tickets on to the next flight, whereeever it goes’ John smiled at her, ‘I like that idea’ he smiled taking her hand, Lucy smiled tangling fingers with his, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘that’s so good to hear’ he smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he grinned, resting on his chest, ‘wanna do the flight thing this weekend, I know you’re a student’ ‘I’m good, I do proofreading for students in my apartments and I’m paid well’ John smiled, ‘good, we’ll do this then’ moving in to kiss her, ‘wait until the weekend’ ‘fine’ he grinned resting back in the grass, ‘where do you think we’ll end up?’ ‘I don’t know, but I hope somewhere with a nightlife and cheap hotels’ John laughing, ‘good idea’. 

Lucy looked up, ‘John, the next flight is Baltimore’ getting two tickets and getting on the plane, John smiled sat next to her, ‘any ideas’ ‘let’s google’ laughing together, Lucy smiled, ‘Jack Barakat from All Time Low owns a bar called the Rockwell in Baltimore, and Thames Street apparently is good’ John smiled, ‘I know Jack, I can give him a call see if he’s in town?’ ‘You go for it, how?’ ‘I’m in a band called The Maine?’ ‘Cool, there’s a harbour, and they do tourist trips’ John grinned at her making a plan for their weekend. ‘So, how do we get into town?’ ‘Good question, there’s a bus’ ‘let’s get that’ John smiled buying tikets and getting on board, ‘eleven miles of this’ ‘so glad we have return tickets right now’ ‘me too’ laughing a little, getting into Baltimore, ‘hotel’ John smiled kissing her at the Thames Street sign, Lucy grinned, ‘I like your style’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ he grinned, ‘find a room, good idea’. 

Jack smiled, ‘welcome to the Rockwell, and welcome bellisima’ kissing Lucy’s hand, Lucy looked at John who was laughing, ‘this is Lucy, my girlfriend’ he grinned, ‘pleasure to meet you’ ‘mutual, I hear you have excellent vodka here’ ‘we do, wanna sample it’ ‘please do’ John taking her hand and heading for the bar, ‘vodka’ ‘come on, it’s distilled with blueberries’ John laughing, ‘it’s great for your diet then’ ‘exactly’ laughing together. John smiled waking up easly on a Sunday morning, Lucy smiled calling for some breakfast, he grinned wrapping himself round her, ‘it’s going to be here in thirty’ ‘I know’ he smiled kissing her neck softly, making love, he grinned holding her, hearing the door, ‘food’ ‘I don’t wanna go home’ she smiled, ‘when I’m with you I’m at home, doesn’t matter where we are, if you’re there it’s ok’ he grinned, ‘mutual’.
-x-
6 months later:-

John smiled, ‘we need an adventure soon’ ‘agreed’ he grinned, ‘wanna do the go to the airport pick the next flight thing?’ John asked, Lucy smiled with a nod, ‘we’ll go before Valentines’ he smiled, ’good plan’ kissing her softly, Lucy smiled holding his hips softly, he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned kissing again, running his hands down her sides gently, she giggled, ‘you are beautiful, even if you’re like sand, sort of slipping through my fingers’ Lucy chuckled, ‘I’m sorry, John’ he smiled, ‘if it makes you happier, and you feel good, I don’t think you need to apologise’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he smiled, ‘but, John’ ‘hmm?’ ‘There’s a school reunion soon, so I’ll be gone a couple of days’ he grinned, ‘want me to come with you? We could go on an adventure from there’ he grinned, ‘fine with me’ he smiled, ‘good’ kissing her softly, ‘when is it?’ ‘February 10th’ ‘perfect’ laughing together. 

Lucy held his hand, John smiled knowing she was nervous about it all, ‘are you okay?’ ‘I study in Phoenix, to get away from home’ John smiled, ‘you’re going to be fine’ ‘well, you were ugly, John’ ‘oh, you have not seen the pictures, I got a bin put over my head during Fresher’s week’ Lucy giggled, John smiled pulling her close, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘you’ll be ok’ kissing her head softly, ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘no need, anyway, will we stay with your parents? I’ve not met them yet’ ‘oh, that’s true, you haven’t’ he grinned, ‘of course we will be’ ‘do they know I exist’ ‘haha, yes they do, my mum wants to meet you’ John smiled, ‘good’ laughing together. Lucy smiled, ‘ahh, my dad’ John looked at her, ‘could have warned me’ ‘he wasn’t sure if he could pick me up, dad!’ ‘Lucy’ hugging her, ‘you look healthy’ ‘this is John, my partner’ ‘good to meet you’ he grinned, ‘good to meet you too, sir’ ‘I like him’ laughing. 

‘Come in, Lucy, good to see you, and this must be John, or Groot’ ‘I have never lost that nickname’ laughing together, ‘so, how did you meet?’ ‘I was running at the beginning of my university year, and I needed a drink, and he was there, became friends and then stuff’ John laughing, ‘that’s nice, we better feed this guy, so skinny’ John laughing. Lucy changed for the reunion, John looking in, ‘you ok sweetheart?’ ‘I’m fine’ ‘you look beautiful tonight’ John smiled tugging on her hand and kissing her softly, ‘thank you’ ‘come on’ thank you’ he grinned holding her close, ‘you’re going to be fine’ ‘thank you’ taking a breath and heading out of the house towards her old school, ‘think any of them will know who I am?’ John smirked, ‘just thought you could humble brag that’ Lucy smiled, ‘you’re a person, not a possession, but thank you’ ‘why I love you’.

John smiled hugging her tight, ‘see, it wasn’t so bad, huh?’ ‘John, they were just looking at me then you, and avoiding me’ John laughing, ‘I’m sorry’ heading home, ‘so, when do you wanna go on an adventure?’ John asked, getting the cab home?’ ‘Have another day here, and then we’ll go the day after tomorrow’ ‘ok then’ he grinned kissing her head softly and heading for bed. John smiled snuggling into her, ‘I’m proud of you’ ‘thank you’ he grinned holding her close falling asleep. ‘I made you some breakfast, are you staying another day?’ ‘I am, I wanna show John some places’ ‘well, have a nice day, want food this evening, I’m doing stew’ ‘it’s good stuff’ ‘ok’ John grinned, Lucy showing him the highlights of her hometown, ‘it’s a good place to live’ ‘it ripens’ John laughing with her, admiring the view. 

‘We’re here, where’s the first flight to?’ ‘Orlando’ John smiled, ‘let’s get on it’ getting the flight to Florida, John smiled, ‘we need a place to stay’ ‘we do indeed’ he grinned looking for a cheap hotel, ‘here’ John pointing it out, buying a couple of nights and falling on the bed, ‘I’m glad we’re here’ ‘me too, where shall we go’ ‘beach, that Harry Potter place’ ‘good idea, I’ve wanted to go there, and I’ve seen you in robes’ laughing together on the bed, ‘I hope there’s not a reason this place is cheap’ ‘you can protect me’ John laughing, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too, thank you for being with me’ ‘thank you for being with me too’ kissing her head softly, making love, he grinned holding her, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m good’ he grinned as she caught her breath, ‘you have stamina, Lucy’ ‘but no one else does that to me, holy moley’ John laughing.
 
John smiled, ‘hanging with my girlfriend and drinking butterbeers today’ Lucy smiled, ‘you’re doing that?’ ‘You don’t mind do you?’ ‘No, I guess, we live together, if I was in dorms, be an issue’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ taking her hand and walking, ‘do you have money to buy things?’ ‘I do’ ‘good’ he grinned seeing jewellery, ‘you go pick a wand Lucy, darling, and I’ll be right with you’. ‘I have a wand’ laughing a little, ‘I got you this’ he grinned, ‘it’s a ring’ ‘oh, John’ ‘it’s a promise ring’ he smiled, Lucy looked at him, ‘seriously?’ ‘Seriously’ Lucy smiled as he took her hand, ‘I just know with you, it’s a promise I want to keep’ ‘mutual’ holding his hand and walking through Diagon Alley, John smiled at her, ‘you’re going to love the new record’ ‘why?’ ‘It’s probably going to be about you’ ‘oh, God’ John laughing, ‘I knew you’d do that’ ‘I’m going to have to return the favour’ he grinned, ‘I look forward to it’ laughing. 
-x-
3 years later:-

John smiled at her as she sat on the bus, ‘you made your best record when you got married’ Lucy laughed, ‘are you listening to the same thing everyone else is?’ John smirked, ‘Lucy, he has a point’ John grinned, ‘I do apologise, I am biased and awkward when I hear a set these days’ John laughing, Lucy smiled, ‘you find it weird having songs about you?’ ‘A little, it’s new’ giggling together, ‘you write songs as well’ ‘I do, you don’t like writing alone, so I’ll just doodle’ John laughing, ‘you’re good’ ‘I’m alright’ laughing a little, John smiled, ‘it’s a great record, I had a wonderful muse’ Lucy blushed, John grinned, ‘getting married does help’ laughing together, ‘the new All Time Low record is good too, and Alex got married’ ‘he did’ doing interviews, ‘I apologise for nosing in your interview’ ‘no problem’ laughing, John grinned pulling her close as he left, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.

Lucy smiled holding him on his bunk, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ he grinned kissing his cheek, ‘my Mrs O’Callaghan’ she giggled, ‘indeed’ ‘how’s the masters going?’ ‘It’s going well, thank you, just been getting together the literature review’ ‘I’m not jealous, but you’ll be amazing’ ‘thank you’ Lucy smiled, ‘how’s work going?’ ‘It’s going well, I like working in the university library, it’s an interesting job’ John smiled, ‘I bet you have a load of reading’ ‘more than I really should’ laughing together, ‘do you think you want a family?’ ‘I do want a family, but I really would like to wait a little longer’ ‘of course, don’t you worry’ laughing together, ‘so, you staying for the weekend?’ ‘Indeed I am’ he grinned, ‘I look forward to getting to my life with you at the end’ ‘me too’. 
they lived happily.