Stories Yet to Unfold.

Art

‘I’m Jack’ ‘I’m Victoria, welcome to the gallery’ Jack smiled, ‘thank you, so you do interesting art, and I’d like to buy some’ ‘haha, well, thank you, I always loved comic art, and I am a bit of a nerd and I worked online and now I have this place in Baltimore’ ‘not New York?’ ‘There’s two comic book museums in Baltimore, and the internet really makes geography unimportant’ Jack smiled, ‘of course’ walking around, ‘this one of a gameboy’ ‘it’s had a lot of interest online’ Lucy murmured, ‘but no buyer quite yet’ ‘I like it’ Jack grinned, ‘how much is it?’ ‘It’s 125′ Lucy murmured, ‘I like it, i’ll buy that’ Lucy nodded, ‘ok’ taking it from the wall and wrapping it in paper, Jack looking around, ‘this Batman piece’ Lucy walking over, ‘hmm?’ ‘It’s 200′ ‘yes, it is, it took the painter hours of brushwork with oil’ Jack nodded, ‘do you know the artist’ ‘really well, it’s me’ Jack laughing, ‘can I buy this?’ ‘Please do’ laughing. 

Lucy smiled, ‘thank you for purchasing’ ‘no problem, I like your store’ ‘thank you, I hope you come back for some more’ ‘oh, I will, I have a bar, and we have spaces for art in the place, The Rockwell, if you ever have an idea’ ‘I do actually, maybe we can talk about it over a drink?’ Jack grinned, ‘absolutely’ laughing a little, ‘maybe the bar, I can then show you’ ‘sounds good to me’ he grinned, ‘cool’ laughing a little, setting a date. Lucy sat in the back picking some artwork that would replace the two taken today, and called Jimmy, ‘Hey Jimmy, your gameboy piece sold today, I’ll send you a cheque over’ ‘how much?’ ‘125, I’ll send you over the hundred, they’re popular online, so if you want some of those online, could you do some prints?’ ‘I’m happy to do that’ ‘awesome, I’ll send you the cheque’ ‘thanks Lucy’ ‘no problem’ getting on with the paperwork, and locking the place up.

Jack grinned as she slid in front of him, crossing her legs, he grinned, ‘you look pretty tonight’ ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘I’ll just show you’ ‘thank you’ wandering around, ‘good?’ ‘Yeah’ Jack smiled, ‘I think, there’s a girl I know, does big pieces of comics, I’m thinking she could be perfect for this, it’s like Pop Art’ Jack nodded, ‘sounds cool’ ‘I’ll get in touch, there’s what four spaces?’ Jack nodded, ‘be ok with that?’ ‘Yeah, definitely’ Lucy nodded, ‘we’ll figure out a way of people buying the pieces when they’re up’ Jack smiled, ‘maybe a cash tin or something, and I’ll call you if someone wants to buy it’ ‘or, we could take interest for the pieces and then they could buy from the store’ ‘oh, good idea’ ‘then you have art on the walls until the next exhibit’ Jack nodded, ‘you’re right, now back to the date thing’ ‘work is so boring, when it’s not the interesting part’ he laughed, ‘yeah, the drinking is fun, the paying’ laughing together. 

-x-

‘You ready?’ Lucy looked up, ‘sorry, Jack’ he smirked, ‘I thought the girl would be waiting for me’ ‘there’s a lot of sales today and I was about to leave, I do really like you’ Jack grinned, ‘Alex is used to me being late, don’t worry’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m still sorry’ laughing a little, Jack smiled kissing her head softly, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, come on’ ‘I’m going to have to change in your car’ ‘really?’ Lucy laughing at the pleased look on his face. Jack smiled as she brushed down her dress, ‘you are gorgeous’ ‘thank you’ he grinned holding her hand, Alex answering, ‘dude, 30 minutes’ ‘it’s my bad, I had a busy day in the gallery, sales and stuff, it’s not his fault’ ‘you work in a gallery’ ‘I own one’ Lucy murmured stepping inside, ‘why a gallery?’ ‘I like making art, I like helping others make it, make good art anyway’ taking a seat, Jack grinned, ‘I bought a couple of things’ ‘the Batman one’ ‘she painted it’ ‘its awesome’ laughing. 

Lucy smiled, ‘I’m Lisa’ ‘Lucy’ ‘you’ll get tired of the waiting’ ‘sorry?’ ‘The band it takes over everything’ ‘well, it’s their dream job isn’t it, yes it may, but no one should limit that cos they’re unhappy’ ‘why not, relationships are a compromise’ ‘well, yes, I agree, but if you have the opportunity like that, you don’t stop it, that would be mad, I went on a gap year to London and maintained a relationship for the whole thing, it’s about trust and making sure that you both live a fulfilled lives, if you have something you love, you’re fine, you’d understand maybe better if you had found it’ Lucy murmured, ‘I wanna be a homemaker’ ‘oh, you want kids?’ ‘No, me and Alex’ ‘well, it’s your choice, I guess’ Alex and Jack listening, ‘that’s news to me’ ‘my girl is on fire’ Alex laughing, ‘she’s right’ ‘she is’ Jack grinned, ‘Alex isn’t doing more shows after this record, so doesn’t matter’ ‘really?’ Lucy confused. 

‘I think it was the right time to leave’ ‘yeah the screaming was quite scary’ giggling together, ‘wow’ ‘I’m so sorry, I think I begun that’ ‘no, she did, she very very did’ Jack smiled, Lucy looked at him, ‘would you stay tonight?’ Jack grinned, ‘course’ parking up, kissing passionately heading inside her apartment. ‘Jack slow down a little, it actually hurts’ ‘oh, sorry’ Jack blushed, ‘hey it’s ok, just I, can you use your fingers, you are a guitarist, and then roll your hips’ Jack smiled doing as she asked, thinking this was quite hot, climaxing together, Lucy holding on to him, ‘you have so much to learn’ Lucy murmured, Jack grinned, ‘teach me, how do you know?’ ‘One of my best friends directs porn for women’ Jack looked at her, ‘wow’ ‘it’s a lot of fun to visit her at work’ ‘you do’ ‘I find it intriguing’ Jack laughing, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.
-x-

Jack smiled sitting with her in the park, Lucy resting her head, ‘well, I expected it with Alex’ ‘you get a girlfriend as he breaks up with his, hell froze over as well’ Jack laughing, ‘yeah it did, your friend Lana’ ‘hmm’ ‘she’s a lesbian isn’t she?’ Lucy laughing, ‘she is very much a lesbian’ ‘she likes you a lot, a lot more than friends’ Lucy smirked, ‘wow, she’s getting obvious, yes she does, we had a thing once, but we were better friends, she had kinks that I couldn’t handle, I couldn’t choke her’ Jack nodded, ‘I get that’ ‘thank you’ laughing a little, ‘so you’ve slept with a girl’ ‘not often but yes, I prefer men’ Jack nodded, ‘that’s cool’ ‘good’ he grinned, ‘I wouldn’t call myself bi, just far too curious’ Jack laughing, ‘I like that’ laughing together, Lucy holding his hand, he smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, I’ll be honest with you Jack’ ‘thank you, I’ve slept wth too many people’ ‘you been tested’ ‘no’ ‘you should’ ‘ok’. 

Lucy smiled, ‘hello?’ Jack grinned, ‘I brought champagne to celebrate my lack of diseases’ Lucy laughing, ‘I love you, you did it’ ‘actually, I worry myself sometimes, so I was glad you asked, but I’m fine’ ‘I’m glad’ Jack grinned as she read, ‘and now you’re with me, of course you won’t have diseases, cos I don’t have them’ Jack grinned, ‘I didn’t think you did’ ‘I just don’t have time to get laid’ laughing together, ‘that’s fine, cos now I will create time for you to get laid’ laughing together and having drinks, ‘I can’t believe you did that, but it made me like you more’ Jack laughing, ‘thanks’ he grinned snuggling on the sofa, falling asleep holding her, watching movies. Jack smiled, ‘waffles and ice cream’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ eating together, ‘I want you to trust me’ ‘I trust you, I just also know that you’re travelling and have a penis’ Jack laughing, ‘yeah well, if I could lt you keep it’ laughing together.

‘I trust you too even if your best friend directs porn and fancies you’ ‘wow, that sounds worse’ laughing together, heading for the airport, ‘just go kick butt’ ‘I promise’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘can I do something for you?’ ‘You know cities do those awful keyrings’ ‘yes I do’ ‘pick me one up when you can’ Jack beamed, ‘I promise’ ‘and then when you have time, we’ll go back to some and we’ll see those cities together’ he grinned, ‘sounds good to me, I like that’ kissing deeply, ‘I love you, don’t have too much fun’ ‘I won’t do anything you wouldn’t do’ Lucy smirked, ‘the problem is, that leaves a lot of room’ giggling together, Alex interrupting. ‘You two, ermm, sad to separate you’ ‘it’s ok, you go kick butt too’ Alex laughing, ‘I promise’ Jack smiled kissing her head, ‘see you on the other side’ ‘to infinity and beyond’ laughing.
-x-
6 months later:-

‘Another keyring added to the box for my boyfriend’s travels, London this time! I think it’s my favourite!’ Jack grinned kissing her cheek as she shared a picture on instagram, ‘it’s not too cheap is it?’ ‘No, I love it’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ laughing together, ‘I’m glad you do’ he grinned, ‘I als love the postcards as well’ ‘I feel weird just buying a keyring’ laughing a little, ‘well, thank you’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad you like it’ ‘I do, I go like you home more, but now you’re home, we can maybe visit some places’ ‘ooh’ Jack beamed, ‘what’s your favourite place’ sitting down on the bed, ‘well, let’s see where you bought these and pick two places’ he grinned, ‘ok’ ‘also as it’s winter, you can for a lot less’ ‘agreed’ talking, ‘so Hawaii and Vegas?’ Jack smiled, ‘I think so, I lived in London, so, I’m not so bothered’ ‘we’ll go eventually’ ‘we will’ he smiled, ‘you can come to a show’ Lucy nodded, ‘I like that’ he grinned. 

Lucy smiled meeting him, ‘so, a week in Vegas, a week in Hawaii’ ‘indeed, and I paid the Hawaii one’ ‘paid the Vegas one’ high fiving, he grinned, ‘and I will have to take my laptop, but my little sister she’s going to send packages out for me’ ‘I get that’ ‘it won’t take long, check sales call her to post the thing out, done’ ‘I understand, I’m self-employed too’ laughing together’ ‘thank you’ he grinned kissing her head. Jack smiled heading for the shop and meeting Amy, ‘wrap them up, take to Hermes, who will then transport everything else’ ‘precisely, you’ll be fine’ ‘I know, have a good holiday together, you deserve it’ ‘all the rent is paid and the bills for the month, so don’t worry about it’ ‘would you like me to open the shop?’ ‘well, all the prices are on the wall, they can haggle to ten dollars below’ ‘ok then’ ‘make sure you register every sale, cos I need it for taxes’ teaching and covering it all, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’.

Jack smiled, ‘done’ ‘all done’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad you can do this’ ‘me too’ he grinned holding her close, ‘what would you like to do today? ‘Can you swim?’ ‘Yes!’ ‘Sorry, well, would you like to go diving?’ ‘Awesome’. Amy smiled as a young guy came in, ‘welcome to the gallery, I’m Amy’ ‘oh, you must be Lucy’s sister?’ Alex smiled, ‘I am indeed’ he grinned, ‘good to meet you, I’m Alex, Jack’s best friend’ ‘Oh, I’ve heard of you’ he smiled, ‘I come in, cos I have a house to decorate and Jack text me and told me you were having the shop open’ ‘I am indeed’ Amy smiled, ‘what do you do when you’re not doing this?’ ‘I am at Baltimore International College doing Culinary Arts’ Amy smiled, ‘you want to be a chef’ ‘yeah, I do’ she smiled, ‘well, I want to bake, I have a cake business, make celebration cakes’ ‘awesome’ Alex grinned talking and buy some things’ ‘I’ll take them’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need, why don’t we get a drink?’ ‘Sure’ ‘awesome’ talking. 

‘Oh my God’ ‘what?’ Jack asked getting on the flight to Vegas, ‘what?’ ‘Alex is dating my sister’ Jack laughing, ‘oh my God, you’re serious’ Lucy nodded, ‘fuck me’ laughing together, ‘I do’ giggling having an awesome week in Vegas, Jack smiled taking a picture, ‘can I?’ ‘Course’ ‘with my amazing girlfriend @Lucycaswell on a couple of vacations, glad I found a lady who can put up with me!’ ‘I don’t put up with you, I’m in love with you’ Jack beamed, ‘I’m in love with you too’ kissing her deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you’ giggling, holding her tight, ‘we just arrived in Vegas, we could get married’ Lucy smirked, ‘we could’ Jack beamed, ‘but we’re not’ ‘oh, what never?’ ‘No, Jack, I want my mum to be there’ Jack laughing, ‘same to be honest’ laughing together, kissing and heading for their bed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ keeping her close, having an amazing week. 

Lucy smiled, ‘are you ok?’ ‘I’m ok’ Amy grinned, Lucy smirked, ‘how’s Alex’ ‘he’s good thank you’ Amy smiled, ‘he’s pretty damned cute’ ‘yeah, he is, just a little bit OCD and a bit to be honest controlling, so put him in his place’ ‘I know, I’ve seen’ Amy smirked, ‘I know, and I will tell you this, he has already has been’ laughing together. Jack sat with Alex, ‘she’s quite some girl’ ‘hmm, Amy?’ ‘Yes’ Alex nodded, ‘she can lay down a rule line no one’s business’ Jack laughing, ‘her sister does the same, but rules are a good thing’ ‘she said I was being too controlling and said that I can only see her, when she says I can’ Jack laughing, ‘this is going to be interesting’ ‘but I want to see her lots, doesn’t she like me’ ‘no, Alex, she wants space, and you need it too, it’s a good rule, I think that’s why me and Lucy are so good, boundaries’ ‘ok’. 

Amy removed his hand and put it on her knee instead, ‘it’s only a second date’ ‘but’ ‘I don’t care’ he smiled, ‘but I do that-’ ‘no, you don’t, you’re with me, you’re not doing that’ Jack and Lucy joining them, having a double date. ‘Do you like me?’ ‘I do Alex, but only men who love me, are getting their hands that far up my dress’ Alex smirked, ‘you are naive’ ‘no, I deserve to be respected, just cos you never have been, doesn’t mean I can’t ask for it’ Amy murmured, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘I’m glad you’re sorry, Alex for God’s sake, get some therapy’ Lucy murmured, Lucy and Jack giggling, Alex seeing her go, joining him. Jack smiled, ‘I kinda think she’s right, I think you don’t even know how much she messed you up’ ‘isn’t it time you moved on from self medication?’ Alex smiled, ‘your sister is brutal’ ‘my dad is awesome, she just wants someone who treats her like he treats our mum’ ‘I get that’.
-x-
3 years later:-

‘I got my first keyring as a wife today! Jack came home from Canada, and gave me this, made me really want some syrup.’ Jack grinned, ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘not a craving’ ‘I am twelve weeks, Jack but’ he looked at her, ‘no way!’ ‘Way darling’ ‘oh my God, I’m going to be a dad’ ‘yes you are’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ laughing together, ‘thank you for helping me’ he grinned, ‘I love you so much’ ‘I love you too, you’re going to be an amazing dad’ he grinned, ‘thank you, I’m so glad you think so’ ‘I always knew darling’ Jack grinned, ‘so glad we’re together’ ‘so glad I asked you out’ ‘it’s a good one of us has balls’ laughing together, ‘you have a couple’ laughing. 

Lucy smiled getting a scan a few weeks later, ‘well, ma’am, I know you don’t want to know the sex of your child but it’s kinda obvious’ ‘yeah, his dad is kinda obvious as well’ Jack laughing, ‘it’s a boy’ laughing and looking at the screen, ‘fuck’ laughing together, ‘that’s my boy’ laughing together, ‘wow’ giggling together. Jack smirked tweeting, ‘my first child arrives in five months, I’ll let you guess from this scan what it is’ laughing. 
they lived happily.Amy