Stories Yet to Unfold.

Prize.

Jack smiled, ‘hello?’ ‘hey’ she rolled her eyes, ‘taking one for the team’ ‘I’m never busy Valentine’s, the others generally are’ sitting down, ‘you look pretty’ laughing a little, ‘thank you’ ‘so, what made you do this?’ ‘oh, no I didn’t, my friend thought it would be ‘a laugh’ to put me in to the competition cos my parents don’t let me date, I’m eighteen’ Jack smiled, ‘so you’re Lucy’ ‘indeed I am’ ‘do you like Corpse Bride’ ‘way to open up on a date, but yeah I do, it’s what I wrote my English essay on, and gender, I assume you like Nightmare?’ ‘do you know much about my band?’ ‘my friend does, so all I know is secondhand through her, my favourite bands are much quieter’ ‘agreed, whose your favourite band?’ ‘The Maine, is that ok?’ ‘that’s a great choice’ ‘thanks, like a lot of acoustic stuff and to an extent country’ talking about music and records they like.

'Do you wanna go somewhere?' 'do you wanna see a film? I have these preview tickets for Cinderella, you can come with me now?' Jack smiled, 'sure, it's just my favourite Dinsey classic' Jack smiled, 'I'm in' laughing and heading for the preview, sitting down a big drink and popcorn, Jack smiled, 'so, big fan of Disney?' 'I'm a D23 member' she whispered, he grinned, 'nice' being tolf to shush in the movie, Jack smiled as she gripped his hand, 'sorry' he grinned, 'no problem, it's a date' laughing a little, Jack tangled fingers with hers, she smiled getting up and putting her mac, 'thank you' 'can I buy you a drink?' 'sure' he grinned walking with her and sitting her in a seat near a window, he brought her a pena colada, 'thank you' 'no problem' laughing a little, sipping her drink, 'nice' 'first cocktail' 'tragically' laughing a little, talking all night, Jack smiled, 'can I have your number?' 'sure' writing her number, 'here' 'thanks'.

Jack got in, ‘all good?’ ‘yeah, she was actually pretty cool’ Alex smiled, ‘you liked her?’ ‘I did indeed, got her number’ ‘where’s she from?’ ‘she’s from Orlando, but she’s studying Journalism in Washington, she wants to be a reporter’ Alex smiled, ‘and?’ ‘she likes good music, I’ve learnt, bought a lot and liked the stuff she liked’ ‘well?’ ‘Ben Howard is awesome, Sweet Talker, Lydia-’ Alex nodded, ‘so are you planning to see her again?’ ‘I have her number, she’s on spring break in four weeks’ Alex nodded, ‘I suppose she’s an adult’ ‘she’s not stupid Alex’ ‘fine, I get that but she applied-’ ‘no, actually, her friend did, cos her parents don’t like her dating people’ Alex smiled, ‘alright, fine’ laughing, Jack nodded, ‘I like her, she was normal, it was good’ ‘good’.

-x-

Jack smiled, ‘I’m glad you could make it to Baltimore’ ‘hmm, well I needed to see the local area, it’s about 45 minutes from Washington’ he smiled, ‘so, what can I show you?’ ‘ermm, Thames would be nice, I’ve heard good things, I shall leave you in charge of such plans’ he grinned, ‘ok’ Jack smiled sitting in his lounge, ‘I know you’ll probably wanna take the sofa’ ‘if you want’ he smiled at her, ‘we can share it’s just we only call and stuff’ he blushed, ‘if you feel uncomfortable with sharing that’s ok’ he smiled, ‘I don’t mind’ ‘well, it will be warmer and stuff’ Jack smiled, ‘fine’ she nodded, ‘so what are we doing this evening, I have cash?’ petting Olivia, ‘oh, I thought we’d get pizza or something’ ‘that’s fine, ok’ he grinned, ‘sorry, I’m just nervous’ ‘had a feeling, don’t worry’ he grinned, ‘good’ laughing a little, ‘so, where do you go for pizza in bmore?’ ‘excellent question’.

'I kinda wondered if you'd like to come to New York with me?' 'oh, right sure' 'just for a couple of days, we'll do something you like' Lucy sat up in bed, 'sure, do you mind a musical?' 'is it a good one?' 'Wicked?' 'that's completely acceptable' 'good, good' he grinned, 'so wanna get dressed properly and we'll get going' 'lovely, thanks for the warning' 'you like spontaniety' 'you are right, thank you' getting dressed she smiled and took his hand, 'let's go' heading for the car and heading for New York, listening to New Found Glory, 'is this where the band got the name?' 'yeah, actually' 'that's cool' he smiled, 'so what have you been listening to?' 'Brian Marquis, like his work' Jack smiled putting it on, he smiled appreciatively, 'where do you find your music?' 'too much time on the internet' he laughed, 'I've been reviewing for a while online, and so I guess you pick up stuff' 'review?' 'I go to see bands local ones, and just review them, never too harshly, but you know' 'gives you experience' 'exactly, got me my scholarship' 'awesome' he grinned.

Jack smiled, ‘Watching Wicked with @LucyCaswell - then tomorrow @glamourkills, New York I love you.’ Lucy chuckled, watching the show, Jack smiled as she rested her head on him, tangling fingers, ‘is it ok to tell you I’m enjoying this?’ Lucy chuckled, ‘absolutely’ ‘good’ heading out of the theatre and seeing New York, Alex met them in GK, ‘hey!’ ‘Alex, good to see you, this is Lucy’ ‘nice to meet you’ ‘pleasure’ talking for a while, ‘let’s go dance’ Jack smiled dancing with her softly, ‘I’m gutted you have to go back to Orlando’ she smiled resting her head on his chest, ‘it happens’ ‘be glad when you’re closer’ ‘me too’ ‘I love you’ she smiled kissing him softly, ‘I love you too’ he grinned pulling her closer, ‘when can I see you again?’ ‘Jack you’re on tour?’ ‘oh, yeah’ laughing a little, ‘I’ll see you at the Florida show’ he grinned, ‘and then it will be summer’ he grinned, ‘when do you move in to your place?’ ‘August 4th’ ‘good’ holding her close.

-x-

Jack smiled coming in, ‘do you share?’ ‘no, with the scholarship and stuff, I can afford a nice place of my own here’ ‘good’ he grinned sitting on her sofa, ‘did you furnish this place?’ ‘no, it comes with it’ he smiled, ‘good’ kissing her softly, ‘how is it? I’m sorry it’s just been calls’ ‘Jack it’s fine’ he smiled as she rested his hands on his chest, ‘do you, do you wanna, you know’ he smiled, ‘only if you want to?’ ‘I do, I love you’ he smiled, ‘I love you too, want me to take the lead?’ ‘if you’d mind, I’ve seen it, just not-’ laughing a little falling on her bed kissing passionately, ‘mind’ ‘go ahead’ making out removing her dress making love, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m fine, you?’ ‘only if you are babe’ ‘I’m fine’ giggling, pulling her close, Jack smiled picking up his phone he took a selfie of them, ‘I met you madly, five months ago and we’ve only just consummated our relationship’ giggling, ‘I do apologise, but you were kinda hard to pin down’ giggling Lucy getting on top, ‘but not so much now’ staying in bed.

Lucy brought through food, ‘thanks, did you make me breakfast burritos’ ‘we live in Taco Bell Jack’ laughing a little, she sat on the bed, crossing her legs, ‘are you ok?’ ‘I’m fine’ ‘have you got protection?’ she pulled her shirt up, ’ implant’ taking his hand and feeling it, ‘eww’ ‘I wanted something my parents couldn’t see’ ‘do they know you have me?’ ‘yes they do’ ‘good, and do you think they will like me?’ ‘Jack it wouldn’t matter but I am damn sure if you turn your charm on, you’ll be quite fine’ he grinned. ‘good’ kissing him softly, ‘but parents shouldn’t know about your sex life, it’s just weird, ok?’ ‘I think to be fair you have a point’ laughing a little, ‘we’ll be fine, my dad will like you’ ‘you think?’ he grinned, ‘absolutely’ laughing a little, ‘why?’ ‘you like good music, and he’s always wanted to play and stuff, teach him if you must’ laughing and talking, ‘I’ll be here darling, whenever I can’ ‘I know’ ‘does your friend know’ ‘I thought it best considering she can’t keep a secret’ Jack smiled, ‘understood’.

Alex smiled, ‘Lucy good?’ ‘yeah, she’s fine, getting into studies and stuff’ ‘good’ Alex nodded, ‘I like her, you did good’ ‘thanks, she’s sweet, as soon as this tour is over, we’re going down to Orlando, finally meet her parents, she thinks it will be ok’ ‘good’ he grinned, ‘so does she have a job in Washington?’ ‘she’s a secretary for a charity on a few days of the week there, who push for equality in congress’ ‘that’s cool’ ‘it is, and she goes to gigs and reviews still there for her blog, cos she needs journalism practice’ ‘that’s acceptable, is she coming to Baltimore for Christmas?’ ‘good question’.

-x-

6 months later:-

Lucy smiled walking with Jack, ‘I can’t believe it’s spring break again, we’ve been together for a year’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ holding her close, ‘and people know your my girlfriend’ ‘well, that’s ok and accidental’ Jack smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ laughing a little, ‘so, when summer comes around, will you be moving to Baltimore?’ ‘but you’re not around much of summer?’ ‘but Lucy, darling, I am never going to be around all that much’ she nodded, ‘so I’m moving into an empty place, and which place?’ Jack smiled, ‘my Towson place’ ‘you know full well Jack, that’s not a place for two people, it’s tiny and as you can’t cook you don’t have a kitchen darling’ he smiled, ‘ok, so you want an apartment for us in Towson’ ‘if I’m moving there, absolutely, I’m giving up Disneyland and the HP experience, you’re not’ he grinned, ‘you make a good point, that’s an awful lot’ laughing.

Jack smiled, ‘Finally @LucyCaswell is moving in!’ Jack grinned tweeting she shook her head putting her things away, she smiled, ‘I don’t hate you for leaving, Jack I completely get you love what you do, and I don’t think you’d stop me, I’m not like, doesn’t matter’ ‘like what?’ ‘Lisa’ she mumbled, ‘Lisa?’ ‘well, me and her were talking and she was just really critical and stuff’ rubbing her neck, ‘I don’t know’ Jack sighed, ‘her and Alex will always have issues’ Lucy sat next to him, ‘see I don’t know much about the personal stuff, but I felt weird and uncomfortable, I think she thought I’d agree’ Jack grinned at her, taking her hand, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ ‘and I have plans, I’m having a family and things’ she smiled, ‘if you don’t mind’ ‘I’m down if you are, not for a while though’ ‘of course, you should be doing good’ ‘my blog pays me now, so I can work from home go do interviews and stuff with traffic’ ‘awesome’ he smiled.

Alex knocked on their door, ‘Alex love, what’s up?’ ‘me and Lisa’ ‘you own the house!’ ‘oh, well, I couldn’t kick her out’ ‘you can, it comes with equality’ ‘you think I should go back’ ‘it’s your house Alex, first what happened?’ ‘we just had another argument’ ‘this is why she does it, she knows how to push your buttons and you’re too nice to retaliate and now the youth of America have to deal with your lack of self esteem again’ ‘I really don’t need someone else shouting at me’ ‘sweetie you do, but you need this one, go back and tell her, if she’s not happy, leave and don’t come back you bought the floors she’s walking in for god’s sake!’ laughing a little, Alex nodded, ‘I’m going fucking back!’ leaving, Jack watched as he left again, ‘holy moly, it’s not Sunday but we’re preaching’ ‘what did I get into?’ Jack laughed.

Lucy knocked on the door, ‘she left me’ ‘oh, not so much a calamity’ Alex smiled, ‘you need to learn to live without someone Alex, as someone who is proud to call you a friend, I think you need to be single for a long while, learn who you are without her, because you are a person who will be a great gift to a woman, but you are wasted on this one’ Jack smiled, ‘I’m with her on this, am I a gift?’ ‘the perfect one to me Jack’ he grinned, ‘good job too’ laughing, ‘you think, just be single?’ ‘just be single until you don’t think of her, then find someone who is happy that you’re happy and make it mutual’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ ‘real talk right there’ he grinned.

Jack smiled, ‘you did good today’ ‘thank you’ ‘you have such an amazing way of words’ ‘well, I’m just glad I was around to see such a miracle’ ‘at the end of your degree, would you marry me?’ ‘I’d love to’ he grinned, ‘good, I never wanna lose you’ she giggled, ‘it’s a long way off, we have time to practice’ ‘indeed we do’ he grinned.

-x-

5 years later:-

Jack smiled, ‘alright, good luck in your lecture’ ‘thank you darling, I’m nervous, but I’m going in’ he laughed holding Jessica Joan, their daughter in his arms, ‘Doctor Barakat, I love you’ ‘I love you too’ heading out of their home, Jack held Jessica as Alex came in, ‘hey people, and my favourite kinda niece’ taking Jessica, ‘we’re not related?’ Jak smirked laughing, Alex took her and bounced her, ‘how old is she now?’ ‘she is now 6 months old’ ‘da-da’ Jack smiled, ‘not me darling, that’s da-da’ Jack smiled, ‘she’s cute isn’t she?’ ‘she is’ sitting down, ‘I knew you would be good parents after all the time you spent cockblocking girls for me, so that I wouldn’t get in a relationship, changing my mobile number so Lisa wouldn’t call me’ laughing a little, ‘well, Lucy was right, you need to get over it, and now you’re happy’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘how is Rebecca?’ ‘she’s good, Lucy got us together, so-’ laughing a little, ‘yeah, she’s kind of brilliant’ ‘she was her lecturer, right?’ ‘yeah, Lucy was her student in Washington, and for her just clicked on Graduation Day, and made you talk’ ‘she did her thesis on Blink 182 and their influences’ laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘Alex, my second child, and Jack my first’ laughing, ‘can I cook for you, or shall we order in?’ ‘order in’ ‘ok’ Jessica smiled being held by her mum, ‘so, how is Becca, she was telling me you had a great week in Paris’ ‘we did’ Alex smiled, ‘thing is’ ‘hmm’ ‘I was planning to propose, then someone recognised me on the tower and fucked it up completely’ ‘oh, Alex’ she smiled, ‘Becca kinda knows you’re trying’ ‘she does?’ ‘well, she knows you’ve got a ring, cos you accidentally paid for it in the joint account tried to cover it but it came up on the statement, just ask her Alex’ ‘you think?’ ‘Becca won’t mind’ ‘alright, I’ll do it’ ‘cook lasagne, Alex, it’s her favourite by you oh and her favourite wine is still Winter Falls Shiraz’ Alex grinned, ‘Australia 2011’ ‘exactly, go make a fiancee out of that woman, properly’ ‘alright!’ Alex getting up and going, Jack laughed, ‘you should go into motivational speaking’ ‘I’m her maid of honour, I need him to get a move on’ Jack laughed, ‘why?’ ‘cos my dress’ ‘your dress?’ ‘well, I’m expecting our second, so it needs to fit’ ‘seriously!’ Jack kissed her, ‘do you know?’ ‘I just feel it’s a boy’ ‘you got it right last time’.

they lived happily.