Stories Yet to Unfold.

You Blew It!

You Blew It.
'This song reminds me of a guy I dated once' Lucy smiled, 'it's called Girls, it's abot him and his faulted attempts at finding someone who matches up to his fantastical levels in his head, here's to you John' she smirked, the guys laughed, 'I know you're looking for salvation in the secular age, but I'm not your saviour, she could be what she need, but she's seventeen..told me from the start, I'm breaking your heart' finishing up, 'oh, to have one, funny guy, shame he had to fake it later' twirling her mic, 'right, so what next?' Lucy grinned, 'how about, I Just Wanna Sell Out My Funeral?' getting back into the set with a smirk planted on her face, as John looked aghast 'seems pretty cool' 'yeah' Jared smirked, 'you dated her didn't you?' 'fuck off' 'you did then' Jared laughing to himself.

John smiled as she packed up, ‘never said you were in a band’ ‘neither did you, is Sartre still keeping you awake at nights, does your existence trouble your conscience?’ ‘you didn’t like me?’ ‘no, I did, I just don’t think at the time you were happy in your bones’ he smiled as she sat down and lit a cigarette, ‘what’s your band called, ‘Low Light Assembly, it’s a long story’ John smiled, ‘so, how long?’ ‘about a month after I dated you’ he smiled, ‘I think you’re right about me’ ‘I know’ he smiled, ‘good song’ ‘I know’ ‘you know a lot’ ‘well, I’m not going to play shit am I?’ John smiled, ‘I like youtr style’ ‘I’m considering how pleased I should be’ John laughed, ‘you think I’m a hipster’ ‘I think Tom Petty is quite mainstream actually’ laughing, John shook his head, ‘sorry, I don’t think you’re a hipster, you just I don’t know, I can’t get you, you’re sort of head in the clouds, and I’m the feet on the ground kind of person’.

'It was good to see you again, I'm glad you're better than when I last saw you' 'me too' John nodded, 'you think I have expectations?' 'I think you think you're amazing and your ego gets in the way of making a profound connection with people' John smiled, 'psychology graduate' 'indeed, I'm glad I wasn't as stupid as her' Lucy smiled lighting up, 'anyway' 'you should quit' 'so should you' he smirked, 'fair' sighing, Lucy smiled, 'you should come by 8123' 'sure will' he grinned, 'maybe mid week?' 'sounds good' John smiled seeing her go, Jaed grinned, 'is she good enough for you now?' John laughed, 'she decided that she wasn't good enough, she didn't call back' 'whoa, bud you could call' John shrugged.

-x-

Lucy smiled, ‘I’m Nick’ ‘Lucy’ ‘nice to meet you’ ‘nice to meet you too, I heard your EP’s, I think Goddamn is my favourite’ ‘John filled you in, huh?’ ‘no, actually, I just thought I’d be polite’ John smiled seeing her there already ‘this is Lucy she’s lead singer of a band locally called Low Light Assembly’ ‘it’s one of our first songs’ she murmured sitting back, ‘do you do the writing’ ‘I think that’s the obligation of the singer’ Lucy smiled, ‘call me traditional’ laughing a little, ‘so, what’s your favourite by John’ ‘I’ve not listened, it’s not my thing’ Pat choked on his drink, ‘Lucy’s more pop punk’ ‘I was born in Baltimore, it’s how we roll’ ‘I was born in Boston’ ‘how did you end up country?’ talking music for a bit, ‘so, you’ve not heard anything’ ‘no, I prefer not to, in fact he told me not to, though your singer is a lightweight’ ‘high five’ Pat smiling, ‘thanks’ laughing.

'Do you like him?' 'we went on a date and I don't know it takes a lot to impress him, and I am not making the effort to impress anyone, what you see is what you get, almost' Pat nodded, 'so he asked you out and you didn't call back because you think he's' 'arrogant, self absorbed, well at the time, egotistical' Pat grinned, 'yeah, it can happen' laughing a little, 'so how come you're here?' 'he saw my band play, was impressed and invited to come see the studio' Pat smiled, 'nice' 'I think he's a fool myself' 'well, I don't mind, it made me realise anyone can be in a band, I always it took a type but look at men and you, I don't think we're typical band people, if that makes sense, even if it's our passion' 'I agree' 'I would ask you out Pat, but I don't wanna look like I'm getting through the band or something' 'you like me that much?' he stammered, 'I think you're humble, I like that' Pat smiled, 'I'm up for it' 'awesome'.

John drove her home, ‘you asked Pat out, I’m surprised he’s not a virgin’ ‘shut up, John’ he smiled, ‘he said yes’ shaking his head, ‘to you’ ‘it happens, I think he’s cute’ ‘I’m not cute’ ‘you’re just jealous’ ‘are you using him?’ ‘pull over, I don’t hang around with people who can hold me at that level of contempt, good night’ getting out and walking, John hit the wheel and went home, and in a few days, Pat meeting her, ‘John’s been trying to put me off’ ‘I don’t want your help, I’d like your advice sometimes, but I wanna do this myself, and anyway right now, we’re nothing like you’ ‘exactly, glad that’s cleared up’ ‘noodles’ ‘please’ heading inside and getting food and talking, ‘that’s cool, that’s much more my thing’ ‘oh, good, I was worried’ laughing and talking over food.

-x-

Pat smiled seeing her play, ‘they keep asking me what I’m doing with my life, I feel like I’m falling behind’ getting some kids moving, ‘I was born to run away from anything good’ shouting, ‘I was kinda hoping you’d stay, I was kinda hoping you’d stay’ playing an awesome set, Pat thought she wrapped up, Pat smiled, ‘you were awesome’ ‘you’re just being polite’ ‘I am not, you were awesome, Passing Through Screen Door, is awesome’ ‘thank you, you write don’t you?’ ‘I do’ ‘greater compliment then’ Pat smiled as he helped her, ‘I know the pain’ laughing a little, and getting the stuff packed up, ‘wanna go get a drink somewhere?’ ‘sure’ heading for a bar and talking for a while about the set and music, ‘we’re free until Warped, oh and Europe as well’ Lucy nodded, ‘that’s cool’ talking all night, ‘thanks for coming to watch’ ‘no problem, I was curious’ laughing a little.

'What did you think of her band?' 'it's awesome, it's a shame they can't join 8123, cos I think it would be good to have a band like that on here, but of course' 'John, I'll talk to him, he won't care soon' 'he shouldn't have been so pompous' 'agreed, we'll see, but I thought the same when I heard them actually, glad you're date went well' 'it did, we did a record swap as well, ahd she's coming over listening to a few' 'she's your kind of girl, she's not crazy and stuff' 'I like that' 'after what happened' 'don't, god please' laughing a little, 'so what's she up to?' 'she's got shows all week and they're touring some of the states close by, apparently they've been doing a lot of stuff online and spreading their sound a little, especially Colorado and Nevada' Jared smiled, 'nice, that's cool' 'talk to Tim maybe, but I don't think she'd want to to be honest' 'we'll see' laughing a little.

Lucy got back to Arizona, ‘hey Pat, I’m back in Arizona, are you busy?’ ‘no, do you wanna come over tomorrow night, cos you’ll need to recover’ ‘yes, I just got hit by the wave’ ‘exactly’ laughing a little, ‘alright, tomorrow night at your place?’ ‘well, do you have your own place?’ ‘well, my parents gave me the basement’ ‘can we?’ ‘course, come on over’ ‘thank you’ giving him the detials, she let him in, holding her records, ‘you have great taste, I love this band’ ‘they’re great, The World Is A Beautiful Place’ he grinned sitting on her bed, ‘this is cool’ ‘it is, my parents are older than most parents, and ermm, I’ll have the house, so they don’t much point me moving out and stuff, it’s weird’ ‘so you’d let me move in?’ she giggled, ‘thinking ahead, if that’s cool with you’ ‘are they ok?’ ‘yeah, yeah’ ‘good’ laughing a little, ‘pick a record’ ‘good idea’.

Pat kissed her softly, ‘is that ok?’ ‘you’re so sweet, it’s fine, you can do it whenever you like’ he blushed, kissing again more passionately taking her waist gently, tracing circles into her skin, she giggled, ‘what?’ ‘sorry I like that’ he grinned, ‘good’ caressing his cheek, ‘may I take a selfie?’ Pat laughed, ‘absolutely, I want one too!’ taking a picture on their phones, laying on their bed, ‘you have great hair’ Pat smiled, ‘you don’t mind’ ‘no, course not, you seem weird with short hair, do you have nieces or anything, do they pull it, that would be my worry’ laughing Pat smiled kissing her getting on top, ‘slow down big boy’ giggling, ‘it’s only a third date’ laughing and talking and making out, ‘Pat, stay’ he grinned, ‘really?’ she nodded, ‘ok’.

-x-

'Lucy' 'hey Tim, just waiting for Pat' 'i hear your his girlfriend' 'well, he's nice and quieter, I admire that' he smiled, 'cool' 'he likes the same music as me too, which always helps' laughing a little, 'people have been talking about you, surprised no one's said about you joining 8123' 'with being with Pat, I didn't want to look like I was using him' 'no offence to any of the bands on here, but that's what they all did to join 8123 in the first place' laughing a little, 'well, I'd have to ask the other two in the band of course but sure, I mean it would be pretty useful to have a platform to go and tour and stuff' 'and your sound is something we could definitely promote' 'awesome, I'm down then' 'cool, you get back in touch'.

Pat smiled, ‘he offered’ ‘did you ask him too’ ‘no, but we’ve been talking about it, cos it would be a good string to the bow’ Pat smiled holding her hand, ‘well, if you think it’s ok, then I think it’s ok’ ‘good’ he grinned, ‘we could tour together, you’d have to listen to our records’ ‘haha, I have heard the last two now, it’s really good, John’s a good writer, been catching up with Lydia too, forgot how good they are’ Pat grinned, ‘awesome, I wrote Best Nights’ ‘did you?’ ‘I did’ ‘that’s awesome’ sitting in the park after getting food, ‘Lucy, can you love me?’ ‘of course, I can, I do’ he grinned, ‘really?’ ‘I’m sorry that’s shocking’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her softly, she smiled, ‘wanna come back to mine’ ‘I think that’s our place’ laughing.

Pat smiled holding her, ‘I can’t believe we did that’ ‘trust me, I can’ ‘was I ok?’ ‘was I?’ giggling, ‘I think you did good’ ‘then you did’ laughing a little, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ hearing a knock, they got dressed quick, ‘mum’ ‘Lucy, we heard voices?’ ‘oh, this is Pat my boyfriend’ ‘aww, hello, you look like a nice boy’ he grinned, Lucy smiled, ‘and doesn’t have a green mohican’ she rolled her eyes, ‘kind of guy I’d expect with her’ Pat laughed, ‘nope not yet’ laughing a little, ‘well, I’ll leave you be’ heading off, ‘wow’ ‘you staying again, we can watch movies?’ he grinned, ‘ok’ falling on her sofa, she smiled putting a film on and making popcorn, she curled into him, he grinned, ‘you’re beautiful’ she blushed, ‘you’re very handsome Pat’ he grinned snuggling back.

-x-

2 years later:-

'I guess you can't count anything..' getting into the set and kicking ass, Pat grinned admiring her, John smiled, 'the first tour with the wife' Pat grinned, 'indeed, thank god you sucked' laughing a little, John smiled, 'I was jealous, she's pretty freakin' awesome' 'I know, that kind of made me feel pretty good' John laughed, 'thanks' as she finished up, 'thanks Phoenix, thanks Seahaven, Thanks Northlane, We've been Low Light Assembly, good night' hearing the stage roar as she came off, 'oh my god, it's good to see you' Pat grinned hodling her tight, 'I love you' 'I love you too, what have I missed?' walking and talking out of the theatre as everything was packed up, the guys joining her.

Pat smiled falling in their basement bed, ‘I’m so glad you’re home’ ‘me too’ ‘what if we have kids?’ ‘I’ll move the office elsewhere, don’t worry, probably my old room upstairs, parents won’t mind’ Pat smiled, ‘good’ laughing a little, ‘do you want kids soon?’ ‘no, no you have them when you like’ ‘you’ll be a great dad’ ‘you think?’ ‘I know’ he grinned taking her hand, ‘but we won’t be great parents right now, Pat, and that’s ok’ he grinned, ‘and if we don’t have them, we can have pets, or we can adopt if I get so old I don’t work’ he laughed, ‘I’m glad we’re together’ ‘me too’ Lucy kissing him holding his shirt, Pat grinned, ‘some girls’ she smirked, ‘well, you break my shirts sometimes’ she giggled, ‘I’m sorry’ giggling making love.

they lived happily.