Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

Right now could last forever

Haley’s POV
After we had watched Home Alone, we continued with Home Alone 2. We didn’t watch part 3 because Jack didn’t want to because Macaulay Culkin wasn’t in it. Afterwards it was like 3 AM and we decided it was time to go to sleep. As I was going through my bag in which all of my stuff was, I realized I hadn’t brought pajamas. How did I manage to forget those when I was packing for a sleepover?
“Great, I forgot my pajamas” I mumbled.
“You want to borrow a shirt and some sweatpants to sleep in?” Alex asked. “They’ll probably be too big but it’s better than nothing.”
“Is it?” Jack asked.
“Gross!” I exclaimed. “Yes Alex, that’d be great.”
“Come on then” Alex got up and I followed him up the stairs, all the way up to his bedroom.

Alex entered his bedroom and opened the big closet next to his bed.
“Pick something” Alex said.
“Oh anything will be fine” I replied, walking over to his side.
“Okay, you’re getting these” he said, while browsing his closet.
He grabbed some dark gray sweatpants and a black Green Day shirt from the piles of clothing in the closet.
“Thanks” I said.
“You can just change up here, I’ll go back downstairs” Alex said. “Heck, you can even sleep up here if you don’t want to sleep on the floor.”
“Where would you be sleeping then?” I asked laughing.
Was he asking me to sleep in his bed with him or just offering me his bed?
“On the floor in the basement of course, what kind of guy do you take me for?” Alex winked.
“I don’t know, you keep surprising me” I answered.

It was true though. The more I got to know Alex, the more interesting I found him. The fact that he’s a great listener, that he likes to read… You wouldn’t expect any of those things from his appearance, so in a way he did keep on surprising me.
“Right back at ya, Hales” he replied.
“But I’m fine with sleeping on the floor, I don’t wanna sleep up here alone while you’re all having fun downstairs” I said.
“I guess that makes sense. Well, I’ll see you downstairs in a minute then. Try not to break anything” Alex replied.
“I’ll do my best” I winked, and after giving me one last big smile, Alex turned around and left the room.

Now that I was in here anyway, I couldn’t help but scoop around a little. I looked at his book collection, his cds… He owned a lot of stuff I owned as well. We pretty much read the same books and listened to the same music. I figured I should probably change, before Alex came back upstairs to see what was taking me so long. I changed into Alex’s clothes, which were just as comfortable as they had seemed. Though they were a few sizes too big, it would do. Alex wasn’t that much taller than me. I grabbed my black skinny jeans and gray top from the floor and took them downstairs.
“Well, look who pulls off my clothes better than I do” Alex said smiling.
“Uhm… Anyone?” I joked.
“You better be nice to me, or you can take those clothes off again” Alex said.
I raised my eyebrows.
“Okay, wait, that came out wrong, it sounded better in my head. I obviously don’t want you to take your clothes off” he quickly explained.
“Are you sure about that?” Jack asked.
“Will you just stop already?” Alex told Jack.
“Yeah Jack, you’re making everyone uncomfortable” Cassadee said.
“Are the two of them asleep already?” I asked, looking to the other side of the room, at Zack and Tay.
“Yeah I guess, they haven’t been responding to anything for a while. They also might be dead” Rian replied.
“Hmm we’ll find that out tomorrow” I said yawning. “Let’s sleep.”
I lay down on the floor of mattresses. Jack and Alex soon lay down on both of my sides and I saw Cassadee and Rian lay down a few meters away as well.

Alex’s POV
The next morning, I was woken by the sunlight shining through the tiny windows at the top of the walls. It took a moment for me to realize I was in the basement with my friends, but as soon as I did, I also noticed Haley basically cuddled up to me. I really hoped I didn’t move this close to her in my sleep. I carefully moved away from her, trying not to wake her. It would probably be uncomfortable if she woke up now. I saw Jack lying pretty far away, which did probably mean Haley moved to my side instead of me to her side. Well, it didn’t really matter anyway, she did it in her sleep so probably wasn’t aware of it. I sat up, and looked around the room. I seemed to be the only one awake yet, even Tay and Zack still seemed sound asleep. I decided I was going to make pancakes for breakfast. I grabbed my phone, which was lying next to me and saw it was 9 AM. It probably wouldn’t be too long till the rest woke up, so I might as well start baking. I got up carefully, trying not to wake anyone up and I sneaked up the stairs. Once I got to the kitchen, I grabbed some earphones from the table, inserted them in my phone and put some music on. I started making the dough for the pancakes, getting lost in the music. Before I knew it I was playing airguitar and airdrumming to the music while the first pancake was in the pan.

When I turned around to grab something to turn the pancake with, I noticed Haley sitting at the kitchen island. I quickly took out my earphones. Even looking like she just got out of bed, she was still absolutely beautiful.
“How long have you been sitting there?” I asked, my face probably turning red.
“For a few songs” she replied laughing. “Your airguitar and airdrumming skills are more impressive than your actual guitar skills.”
“Well thank you very much” I replied, grabbing a spatula to turn the pancake.
“It smells pretty damn good in here” Haley said.
“Yeah I’m making pancakes” I replied.
“I figured” she said. “You were up early.”
“I haven’t been up for that long, so you were too.” I said.
“Yeah I know, must’ve smelled those pancakes. I noticed you were gone and the rest of them were still asleep so I thought I’d just follow the pancake smell and find you. Did you sleep well?” she asked.
“Yeah I did actually, you?” I answered.
“I did too,” she said. “I dreamed about you guys. The band, I mean. You were playing the MTV VMA’s, but you forgot the words to your biggest hit and everyone made fun of you.”
“Well, way to boost my confidence, thanks” I said laughing.
“Oh please, like you need a confidence boost. You’re already so conceited” she joked.
“Yeah I guess you’re right. So why don’t you make these pancakes for me, instead of the other way around?” I asked with a posh accent.
“I probably should, since that one is definitely burning” Haley said, pointing at the stove.

I quickly turned around, to find my first pancake pretty much black from burning.
“Damn it” I exclaimed, turning the gas off and throwing the pancake out.
“Shush, the rest is still sleeping” Haley said. “Do you even know how to make pancakes?”
“Not really, my mom usually does that” I replied with a sad face.
“Just let me do it” Haley said laughing, getting up from her stool.
“Oh and you do know how to do it?” I asked skeptical.
“Of course, I’ve been cooking for my dad, sister and me for years” she replied shrugging.
“Right” I answered, feeling like an idiot for saying that.

Haley started explaining to me how to bake the pancakes. She baked one first and I baked the next. It wasn’t as good as hers, but it was a lot better than my first pancake. I got a hang of it pretty quickly and my pancakes kept getting better. When we ran out of dough, we had baked about 20 pancakes and the guys, Tay and Cassadee still hadn’t showed themselves.
“Hungry?” I asked Haley.
“Hell yeah” she replied.
I grabbed two plates out of a cabinet and grabbed two pancakes.
“Want anything on top of it?” I asked.
“Do you have Nutella?” Haley asked.
“Obviously” I replied, getting a jar of Nutella out of a cabinet.
I used the Nutella to draw a face on my pancake, which I showed to Haley.
“Beautiful” she said laughing.
“Just like you” I replied, before I even realized what I was saying.
I immediately regretted it, but Haley didn’t seem to feel uncomfortable.
“Thank you,” she answered smiling. “You’re not so bad yourself either.”
She winked, causing my face to turn red. Haley probably didn’t notice it, since Cassadee and Rian came walking into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter :) As for the title, I thought it had to be from A Daydream Away, because this chapter really reminded me of the scene described in that song, and since I had already used the title I went with this :)

I also find it really cool how the day after I post a chapter like 10 people have read it already, keeps me motivated! So keep doing that :)

Thanks for reading and subscribing everyone, I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!