Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

It was like a time bomb set into motion

Haley’s POV
“Does anyone want a drink?” I asked.
Alex, Zack, Cassadee, Tay and Cameron all raised their hands.
“There’s no way I’ll be able to carry all of that” I exclaimed. “Also, you’re all getting coke since I won’t be able to remember what all of you want anyway.”
“I’ll help you” Tay offered.

We both got up and headed for the drink table. Just as I was about to grab a bottle of coke to pour into the plastic cups, I noticed two people in the distance. When I took a closer look I noticed they were kissing. I was just about to point out to Tay that people were finding their soul mates at this festival when I made up who the two were. Jack and Aimee. I turned to look at Tay, who had probably followed my gaze and was looking at them as well. From the look on her face, I figured it took her less time to realize it was Jack.

“I’m sorry” I muttered.
Tay shrugged. “Can’t say I didn’t see that coming.”
“Well yeah, but it still sucks…” I disagreed.
“It does, but well, what can I do about it now? I should probably just have told him how I felt about him sooner” she answered.

I was silent for a moment, hesitating if I should say what I was about to say but I did it anyway.
“He knew… I’m sorry, please don’t kill me” I mumbled.
She looked at me. “You told him?!” she snarled.
“Well not exactly. I sort of yelled it at Cassadee, which I now know was stupid, and Jack was apparently behind me when I did so. I didn’t mean for him to hear but he did and then I didn’t know what to say and told him I was kidding but I don’t think he bought it” I explained.
“Well, I guess that does explain why he’s been avoiding me all afternoon” she replied shrugging.
“He’s pretty confused about it, I think” I told her.

Tay looked at me, her eyebrows furrowed. She pointed at Jack and Aimee who were still making out.
“Does that look like someone who is confused about who he’s in love with?” she asked.
“Well okay, I guess not, but I do know he doesn’t want to hurt you…” I answered.
“Yeah well, it’s a little late for that” she answered.

Tay started pouring coke into some cups and we both took three cups and walked back to our table in silence. I gave everyone their drink and sat down next to Alex.
“Well, it appears Jack has scored” I told him.
“Hey, don’t talk about my cousin like that” Zack said. “You are talking about her right?”
“Yes” I answered, turning to look at Alex. “Tay saw it.”
“Ouch” he replied. “How did she react?”
“Wait, what’s going on here?” Rian, who was apparently listening to our conversation, asked.
“Tay’s in love with Jack” Cassadee explained whispering.
“Wait what, since when?” Zack asked. “How did I miss this?”
“We all just found out today” Alex explained.
Tay was sitting on the other end of the table, with the rest of her band between her and us, but we were still talking rather silently.
“She just reacted by saying she saw it coming but it must’ve hurt right?” I said. “I can’t believe Jack would do that to her.”
“Excuse me? He’s been in love with Aimee for years and now he finally gets the chance to make out with her and you expect him not to do so because some girl he has known for a few weeks is apparently in love with him, even though he doesn’t return those feelings?” Alex asked.
“Well, he didn’t have to rub it in her face, now did he?” I disagreed.
“I don’t think that’s what he was trying to do” Alex said.
“He should’ve thought of it before making out with her” I said.
“Well, let’s not fight about this and let’s just agree to disagree” Alex said.
I sighed. I didn’t feel like fighting with Alex either. I felt so bad for Tay, but I guess Alex was kind of right.

Jack and Aimee then appeared next to us.
“Speaking of the devils” Alex said.
I noticed Jack blushing, probably figuring someone saw them make out. They sat down on both sides of the table.
“Jack, can I talk to you?” I asked.
“Haley, leave it alone” Alex said irritated.
I turned to look at Alex. “No” I answered shortly.
I upped and walked away from the table, with Jack right behind me.
“Let me guess, you saw us?” he guessed.
“Yeah, so did Tay” I said.
“Oh great” Jack said sarcastically.
“You know, correct me if I’m wrong, but one moment you tell me you have to figure your feelings for Tay out and the next you’re making out with Aimee?” I asked.
“I didn’t mean to. She kissed me. What did you expect me to do? I have been in love with her forever okay?” Jack replied. “You’re not going to make me feel guilty about this, Haley.”
“Did it feel right?” I asked.
“I… What…?” he asked confused.
“The kiss” I answered.
“Uh… I guess” he shrugged.
“Too bad” I muttered, turning on my heels to walk away, but Jack grabbed my arm and stopped me.
“What is your problem anyway?” he asked, sounding irritated.
I turned back around. “I just don’t like that girl” I shrugged.
“You don’t even know her!” Jack exclaimed. “You wouldn’t even give her a chance just because she’s not “like you”. Did you ever actually have a proper conversation with her?”
“Excuse me? I don’t need to have a fucking conversation with that spoiled brat. All the times I’ve seen her and her friends looking and pointing at me, laughing, were all I needed to form an opinion about her” I defended myself. “But hey, if you want to date the kind of girl that continuously makes fun of your best friend, be my fucking guest.”
With every word my voice became harsher, spitting out the last words. I turned around. Jack tried to stop me again, but I shoved him back, untangling from his grip. I walked away. For a moment I hesitated if I should go back to the table or just go home. If I went home I’d have to walk but I really didn’t feel like spending the night with Jack. I walked back to the table, quickly, as I wanted to be out of here by the time Jack got here.
“I’m not feeling so well, I’m going home” I told Alex, Rian, Cassadee and Zack.
Alex gave me a stern look “What did you say to Jack?”
“I…” I trailed off. “I’ll just walk by myself. See you Monday.”
I didn’t feel like explaining myself to Alex, so I turned around and headed for the exit. I heard footsteps behind me and guessed they were Alex’s. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get away from him or if I wanted him to comfort me. On the other hand, he might also start yelling at me about what I said to Jack. Whatever it is, I’d better get it over with. I halted, causing Alex to almost run into me, as he probably didn’t expect that. I braced myself for what was coming, but instead Alex wrapped his arms around me and I buried my head in his chest.
“I’ll drive you home” he whispered, giving me a kiss on the top of my head.
He let go of me and took my hand. I headed for the van, but Alex unlocked Cassadee’s car.
“Cass let me borrow it since the guys might need the van” Alex explained.
We both got in the car and Alex drove off. Without him asking what had just happened between Jack and me we drove to my house. Alex pulled over in front of it.
“It’ll be okay Hales” Alex said softly after he killed the engine.
“You don’t even know what happened…” I muttered.
I felt like I was holding back tears, but I wasn’t about to cry in front of Alex over Jack.
“No I don’t, but you and Jack love each other too much to not work this out” Alex answered.
She pulled me in for a side hug.
“Don’t worry too much okay? Call me if you need to talk” he whispered.
“I will” I replied. “Goodnight Alex, thanks for dropping me off”
I sat up and leaned in again to kiss him on the cheek.
“Anytime” he said softly. “Goodnight Hales.”
I got out of the car and watched as Alex drove off. I quickly went inside, up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, the second part.

I'm in the worst mood ever, was supposed to see We Are The In Crowd this Wednesday and found out they cancelled today :( Was so excited to see them. I was going to put in these notes that I won't update till Thursday but since WATIC is cancelled I might as well update on Wednesday