Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

So long soldier

I was woken up by someone impatiently ringing the doorbell, and looked at my alarm. Damn, was it 9:50 already?! I quickly got out of bed, walked to the other side of my room and opened my window.
"Haley will you just stop ringing already, I'll be right down!" I yelled down.
"Jack, you lazy shit!" she yelled back. "Hurry the fuck up, Alex will be here any minute."
I groaned and closed the window. I grabbed some clothes that were on top of the pile in my closet, quickly changed into them and went downstairs to let Haley in.
"You can't go outside like that" Haley stated, looking at my hair which was a complete mess.
"Says the one with the blue hair" I muttered.
"At least I brushed it" she defended herself. "Go fix your hair, you don't wanna show up at that try out like that"
She walked passed me to the kitchen and got herself a drink.
"Yeah, of course you can have a drink" I said sarcastically.
"Hey, su casa es mi casa. Fix your hair" Haley said.
I sighed. "Okay ma'am" I replied, while walking upstairs to fix my hair. I quickly brushed it and put a lot of wax in it to get it to look decent. Then the door bell rang. That had to be Alex.
"Hales, will you let Alex in?" I yelled downstairs.
"No!" she yelled back, but seconds later I heard the front door opening.
When I was ready I put my guitar in its case, swung it over my shoulder and went downstairs, to find Alex and Haley sitting in the kitchen drinking capri sun. Alex's bright green guitar was in his guitar case on a chair across the table.
"That's better" Haley approved, after looking at my hair. "Now that you're decent, let's go".
They threw what was left of their caprisun in the trash, and we went outside and got in Alex's car. He inserted Rian's adress in his navigation, and started driving. Within 10 minutes the navigation told us we had arrived at our destination. We got out of the car and walked up to the house that was supposed to be Rian's. Alex rang the door bell, and seconds later Rian opened the door.
"Hey guys, come in!" he said excitedly.
"Hey" Alex said. "I hope it's okay we brought Haley?"
"Yeah sure, it'd be good to have a bigger neutral audience to tell us if we really are good" he said, while stepping out of the way to let us in.
He lead us straight to the kitchen, where two people were sitting at a table. One of them was Zack. I didn't know the girl though. They both got up when we entered the kitchen.
"Hey, good to see you!" Zack exclaimed.
The girl came walking up to us as well, and held out her hand for us to shake it.
"Hi, I'm Cassadee, Rian's girlfriend" she introduced herself.
"Nice to meet you" I said while shaking her hand. "I'm Jack".
"Well, shall we get down to business?" Zack asked, after we all introduced ourselves to Cassadee.
We agreed, and followed him and Rian to the hallway, that lead to their basement.
"So this is my basement, where we always practice" Rian explained.
Rian's drums were in the back of the basement and Zack's bass lay in its opened case on the ground. Cassadee sat down on the couch at the other side of the basement.
"You have a pink bass?" Haley exclaimed. "That's so awesome!"
"Haha, thanks" Zack laughed. "So, I'm assuming you brought your own guitars?"
Alex and I nodded.
"Cool, let's do this then" Zack said. "Haley, you can go sit with Cassadee over there"
Haley did as she was told, while Alex, Zack, Rian and I set up our gear. As soon as we were all ready it was time to discuss what we were gonna play.
"What bands do you usually play?" Rian asked.
"Uhm, bands like.. Green Day, Blink-182, New Found Glory.." I said.
"Okay cool, so want to play one of their songs? Say... What's My Age Again?" Zack suggested.
Alex and I looked at each other. We had played this song so many times, thankgod.
"Yeah that's fine" Alex said. "So, do I have to sing as well?"
Alex sounded kind of nervous. He didn't sing that much. Usually just when Haley and I were around.. Well that, and in the shower.
"Yeah, if you want to? Don't worry, we'll back you up" Zack said.
Rian counted down and we started playing. After a few seconds Alex started singing. At first his voice was kind of shaky, but the further we got into the song, the steadier it got and the better he sounded. I couldn't help but smile. We didn't even sound that bad. Rian and Zack were definitely better, but I was pretty pleased with how this song was going. It felt awesome to be standing here, playing in my potential bandmember's basement. Ever since I started listening to alternative music, I dreamed of being in a band. I never actually thought it would happen though. After a few minutes we finished the song.
"Wow, that was actually pretty good!" Zack said smiling.
Rian nodded in agreement. "What does our objective audience think?" he asked Haley and Cassadee.
"I think this just might work" Haley replied. "You're gonna have to work on being more in sync, but yeah, I like it"
Cassadee nodded. "You have a great voice Alex! At first it was a little unsure, but near the end it was really good!"
Zack and Rian agreed.
"So... I think we've got a band then" Zack said carefully. "If you want in, that is"
"Are you kidding? Fuck yes!" Alex exclaimed.
"Well then it's settled" Rian said. "Should we think of a name now?"
"Depends. Do you have any ideas? We can't force something like that" Alex said.
"I got an idea" Rian said. "Come with me".
We put our instruments down and went back upstairs. Rian opened his laptop that was on the kitchen table. I watched over his shoulder, while he googled 'band name generator'. I laughed.
"Well, those can't be good" I said.
We all sat down at the kitchen table, and Rian pressed 'Generate band name'.
"What about... Playground X?" Rian read out loud.
"I don't think so" Alex said. Zack and I shook our heads.
"Okay next" Rian said, pressing the button again. "What about.. Neverreck?"
"No" Zack said quickly.
Rian pressed the button again. "Uhm... Salt Horse Razor?"
"You know what, these names are no good. Why don't we just wait for a good name to come to mind?" Zack suggested. "We don't need a name rightaway".
"Yeah you're right" Rian said as Alex and I nodded.
"So, when is our first bandpractice?" Zack asked.
"How about monday after school?" Rian suggested.
"Fine by me" I said, and Alex and Zack agreed.
"Monday it is" Rian confirmed. "So hey, are you guys going to the New Found Glory show tomorrow?"
"Of course we are!" Alex exclaimed. "So are you I assume?"
"Yeah, wanna ride with us?" Zack offered.
"Yeah sure" Jack said. "Haley is coming as well by the way"
"Oh that's no problem, we'll all fit in my dad's van" Zack said.
"Cool. Then I guess we'll see you tomorrow?" I asked. "Do we have to come here?"
"We can pick you up if that'd be easier?" Zack offered.
"Uhm yeah that'd be great. We'll all gather at Jack's house then?" Alex suggested.
"Okay, can you text me his adress? And while we're at it we should probably exchange phone numbers as well".
Zack, Rian and I exchanged phone numbers while Alex texted Rian my adress.
"Well see you tomorrow then!" Alex said, as him, Haley and I got up.
"See you!" Zack, Rian and Cassadee said, as we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't have time to write another chapter yesterday, but here it is :)
Hope you like it, and thanks for subscribing :D