Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

I'm faded, bottles breaking

Alex’s POV
Tay’s band mates had been resistant at first but we managed to convince them to let us play a drinking game. While we were pouring everyone a drink, Haley and Rachel went to get Tay and Jack who went outside apparently. The four of them soon returned and I noticed Jack and Tay holding hands. I tried to catch Jack’s gaze raising an eyebrow but he didn’t look at me. We all sat down on the couches and the few chairs moved here from the dining table.

Haley sat down next to me.
“What’s going on with Jack and Tay?” I asked quietly.
“I don’t know but they were basically cuddling outside” she replied.
I raised an eyebrow once again in reply and she simply shrugged.

​​​“Are all of you going to drink?” Tay, who had said down next to me, asked.
“Uh probably” I replied.
“Except for Rachel” Haley added.
“Well that’s hypocritical” I said. “Neither of you are allowed to drink, and yet you are going to but you won’t let Rachel?
“Yeah I know, but she’s still not drinking” Haley replied.

​​​“So how will you get home?” Tay asked.
I turned to look at Haley. “Uhm…”
“We’ll have a sleepover!” Jack butted in on our conversation.
“I guess we could do that… It’s a Friday night anyway” Tay said. “But you do have to call your parents while you’re still sober to let them know you won’t be coming home.”
“Yes mother” Jack replied.
“Oh well, my father wouldn’t even remember if I did, so why bother” Haley shrugged, while the rest of us got up to let our parents know we were staying at Tay’s.

Tay’s POV
“So suddenly we’re having a sleepover?” Jordan, who sat down next to me, asked.
“Uh yeah” I replied, looking at my feet.
“You couldn’t be bothered to ask us if we were okay with that? How are we gonna fit all of these people in here? We don’t have extra mattresses or anything” he said.
“It’ll be okay, some people can sleep on the couches, in my room…” I started.

​​​“Jack is not sleeping in your room” Jordan said firmly.
“Excuse me? I think that’s up to me to decide” I said annoyed.
“I don’t think so. It’s not happening” Jordan stated.
​"But..." I started.​​
The guys and Cassadee returned from calling their parents and Jordan gave me one last meaningful look and dropped the subject as everyone sat down.

Cameron explained the game they were about to play to everyone. I didn’t bother to pay attention, as I wouldn’t be playing anyway. I was still pissed at Jordan. Who did he think he was? If I wanted Jack to sleep in my room, he would. If I wanted me and Jack to work out, my band mates would have to accept him. Them disliking him would not make this potential relationship easier. But those were concerns I’d worry about later. I wouldn’t let Jordan ruin my night after the moment Jack and I had just shared.

​​​When I realized my glass was empty, I went to get a drink in the kitchen. I poured coke into my cup and was about to walk back to the living room when I almost bumped into Haley.
“Tell me!” she exclaimed.
I raised an eyebrow.
“What were you and Jack doing outside?” she asked curiously.

​​​On one hand, I didn’t feel like it was her business really, but on the other hand I wanted to scream what happened earlier from the top of my lungs out of happiness. I figured if I wouldn’t tell her, Jack would, so why not?

​​​“We kissed” I said, a blush creeping onto my face.
A big smile appeared on her face. “I knew it! So you’re over the whole rebound thing?” she asked.
“Well, I got sick of waiting. And I don’t know, he was pretty harsh to Aimee yesterday, so I just took the risk. I just hope he’s worth it” I replied.

​​​“He will be” Haley replied.
I tilted my head. “How do you know?”
“I’ve known the guy for about 15 years. I can’t tell you he won’t fuck up, because he will, but he’s one of the greatest guys I know and he’s been a great boyfriend to every girl I’ve seen him with, even if they didn’t deserve it.” she said. “I’m just happy he might finally be with someone who will be the same for him.”

​​​I smiled. “That’s probably the nicest thing I’ve heard you say about Jack, ever”
Haley laughed. “Yeah well, I guess after all these years we got to the point where we mostly just insult each other, that’s true, but our friendship is something special. We might not show it most of the time, but we know how much we care for each other and that we’re always there for each other and that’s what matters. But I know Jack will be good to you and I’m pretty sure…”

​​​“Thanks Hales” Jack, who suddenly entered the kitchen, said.

Haley’s POV
Tay’s face turned red and she stared at her feet.
“You’re welcome” I replied. “I was just telling Tay about our friendship.”
“Oh you mean how we secretly don’t like each other?” Jack asked.
​​I nodded. “Exactly. But I’m gonna get back to the game. I got the information I needed.”

​​​“Which is?” Jack asked.
“That you two kissed” I said, giving Jack a meaningful look while pointing at the two of them.
“Oh please, you knew that the second you walked out into the yard, I could tell from your face” Jack said.
“True, I just wanted to be sure” I admitted. “Well, have fun together. And be safe.”

​​​​​“Haley!” Jack, now turning red as well, exclaimed. "You're embarrassing me!"
I shot him a big smile, and ran my hand through his hair to mess it up, knowing how much he hated it. I walked back to the living room, to find the guys who were still playing rather tipsy already. I sat down next to Alex, who was already having trouble talking properly.

​​​“You can’t have had that much to drink yet?” I asked Alex, furrowing my eyebrows.
“I c-can’t handle a-alcohol” he slurred.
I sighed. “How nice of you to tell me that now.”
“It doesn’t m-matter, it’s not like w-we have to drive h-home or something” Alex continued slurring.

An hour later Jack, the WATIC guys and I were just slightly tipsy, while the rest of the guys were already drunk. Rachel and Tay were the only ones still sober. We hadn’t even had that much, they just couldn’t handle the alcohol very well. Alex had been talking for the last 15 minutes straight, but I couldn’t make any sense of what he was attempting to tell me so I stopped listening about 10 minutes ago.

Much to my relief, Jordan and Mike announced they would be going to bed and Cameron and Rob went with them. This was a good excuse for me to go to bed as well. I got up, causing Alex, whose head was on my shoulder, to fall onto the couch.
“Hey!” he exclaimed, grabbing his head. “I’m dizzy”
“I’m going to bed and I suggest you do the same” I told Alex, kneeling down next to him.

​​​“You can sleep in my room” Tay said. “I mean, I’ll be there to so please behave, but you can sleep there.”
“I’ve been taught not to take advantage of drunk people” I joked.
“But I don’t wanna go to bed” Alex whined.
“Fine by me, but I’m going. Goodnight” I quickly kissed Alex’s forehead and followed Tay to her bedroom.

​​​“You can take the bed” Tay said, while turning on the lights.
“Hell no, you’re sleeping in the bed” I resisted.
“Fine, I think we have a mattress somewhere. I’ll go get it for you” Tay said.
I nodded, sat down on the bed and waited for her to return with the mattress.

​​​“Not a bad idea to go to bed” Tay said, holding back a yawn, while we placed the mattress on the ground.
“Then why don’t you go to bed?” I asked.
“I have to watch the guys” she shrugged.
“They’re in their twenties Tay, they should be able to take care of themselves. Just lock the front and back door and go to bed” I said. “They can’t do that much damage.”

​​​She nodded. “I guess you’re right. I’ll go lock the doors and get you a blanket and a pillow then. If you need a shirt to sleep in, just take something from my closet” She pointed at the closet next to the bed. I nodded and did so. I closed the door and changed quickly before someone could enter. When I was finished, I lay down on the mattress.

Tay soon returned. She gave me a pillow and a blanket. I spread the blanket on the mattress and lay the pillow under my head. Tay turned the lights off and got into her bed.
“Goodnight” I said.
“Goodnight” she muttered in reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite some new subscribers again, thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me! <3