Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

Don't you see what you do to me?

Jack's POV
​I was woken up by the sun shining brightly through the window. I didn't want to open my eyes, until I heard soft noises. I opened them and waited for them to adjust to the bright sunlight. It took me a moment to realize where I was: ​​in Tay's bed. Next to me, she was still asleep, but Haley, Alex and Rachel had disappeared from the mattress they had been lying on.

​​​​​It wasn't until I tried to sit up, my body reminded me of how much I had drank last night. My head hurt. I groaned quietly and pressed the palm of my hand against my temple, trying to stop the pain, which did not work.

​​​​​For a moment I thought about lying down again, but then Tay started to move and opened her eyes seconds later. Unlike me, she wasn't surprised to find me in her bed, probably because she hadn't been drinking last night. She smiled at me sleepy while sitting up. Her hair was a mess but it was cute really.

​​​"Hey you" she said softly.​​
​"Hey beautiful" I replied, causing her to blush.
​"So, how are you feeling?" she grinned.
​"Like hell" I admitted.
​"Well, can't say I'm surprised" she chuckled.

​​​​"Don't laugh at my pain" I muttered.
​"I do when it's your own fault" she answered. "Where are Haley, Alex and Rachel?"
​"I think they sneaked out in the middle of the night to meet with their secret boyfriends" I answered. "They also might be having breakfast."

​​​​"Speaking of which, I'm fucking hungry" Tay said.
​"Well, let's get breakfast then" I suggested.
​She nodded in agreement and we both got up.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​​"Wait" I said, when Tay was about to open the door. She turned around and gave me a questioning look. I quickly leaned into her and softly kissed her lips. I could feel a smile form on her lips and she kissed me back.

​​​​"Can I go have breakfast now?" she asked when I broke the kiss.
​"Okay, okay, fine" I sighed smiling.

​She opened the door and I followed her outside. We headed for the kitchen, where the noise came from and found a bunch of people awake already. Much to my relief, Jordan wasn't one of them. I wasn't awake enough to fight him again.​​​​​​​​​​ It was just Haley, Alex, Rachel, Cameron and Zack. I noticed the plates with pancakes on the kitchen table. I loved pancakes.

​​​​"Jack, stop drooling, they're just pancakes" Haley joked, noticing me looking at the pancakes. She knew how much I loved pancakes for breakfast. "You two can have some. Rachel and Cameron made them."

​​​​Tay raised her eyebrows, looking at Cameron. "Since when do you do anything in the kitchen besides grabbing beer from the fridge?"
​"Since Rachel taught me how to make pancakes" he replied with a big smile.

​​​​"Ah, how cute" I teased them, causing both Rachel and Cameron to blush.​​
​Tay and I sat ​​​​​​​​down and got ourselves a pancake.

​Haley's POV
​I had decided to drop the Rachel/Cameron subject for now. When Alex and I woke up, Rachel was already in the kitchen with Cameron and I had to admit they were kind of cute. Cameron was really sweet to her and honestly, she seemed happier than I had seen her in months.

​​​​​I didn't have the heart to tell her my thoughts about their relationship.​​​​​​ Maybe I should just let it go, see what happens. Then again, that's not really what I tend to do when it comes to my little sister. I'd rather keep her heart from getting broken than heal it afterwards.

​I was surprised by how well everyone was feeling, especially Alex, as he could hardly walk or talk by the time we went to bed. I then remembered what Alex had said before he went to bed. He said he loved me. I had to know if he meant it. Right? Did I? Would it make any difference? If I asked him about it and he did mean it, he would probably expect me to say something as well. Was I ready to tell him I loved him?

​"What are you thinking about?" Alex's voice interrupted my thoughts.
​"Nothing" I lied, causing Alex to raise his eyebrows.
​I knew he didn't buy it but I didn't feel like talking about it right now.
​"Sure?" he asked.
​"Yes" I answered.

​​​​He still didn't seem convinced, but luckily I was saved by Cassadee and Rian walking into the kitchen and Alex focused on them. I turned around to face Jack and gave him a meaningful look, causing him to blush.
​​​
​"So, are you two dating yet?" I asked, using my index finger and middle finger to point at the both of them, even though Tay wasn't in on the conversation, as she was talking to Zack who did seem pretty hungover.
​Jack shook his head. "Not yet..." he answered.

​​​​"But?" I asked, as I could hear from his tone he had a plan.
​"I want to take her out for diner tonight and ask her to be my girlfriend" he said quietly, making sure Tay wouldn't hear it.
​I couldn't help but smile. "You really like her, don't you?"
​He nodded, smiling shyly. "Yeah."​​
​"I'm glad" I replied. "You deserve it, Jack"

​​​​Jordan, Rob and Mike entered the kitchen as well. It was 11 AM and everyone was finally awake. Jack looked kind of terrified when he spotted Jordan, while Tay seemed mostly annoyed.

​​​​​Surprisingly enough, Jordan sat down and grabbed a pancake without saying a word about the two of them. Maybe he didn't want to do this in front of everyone, although he hadn't seemed to have a problem with that the night before.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ Then again, maybe he had meant to just talk to the two of them, but caused that much of a scene that the rest of them came to see what was happening.

​Both Tay and Jack seemed surprised as well. Tay tried to catch Jordan's eye but he seemed to be avoiding her gaze. When he finished his pancake, he finally looked up at her, just smiling lightly.

​​​​​It seemed to be the only confirmation Tay needed: Jordan seemed to have accepted the possibility of the two of them ending up together. I noticed her grab Jack's hand under the table. I really hoped this would work out. Jack deserved to have a happy relationship and Tay might just be the girl to give him exactly that.​​​​
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the lack of updates! Lots of deadlines for school this week and the next two weeks will be test weeks, so I won't be updating much for the next two weeks either as I really need to focus on school to pass everything.

​This will probably be the second or third to last chapter before the sequel, of which I basically have the first chapter ready, so you won't have to wait too long after I finish this story.​​​​