Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

Kiss me again underneath the moonlight

Jack's POV
​​​After Tay and I had finished our main course, the burgers I had mentioned earlier, a waitress came to pick up our plates and we ordered another drink. I had felt pretty tense all night as I was still afraid Tay would say no. I didn't think she would, because if I did I wouldn't be asking her, but I wasn't 100% sure she'd say yes either. This was probably the right time to ask her though. I couldn't keep pushing it back until the end of the night. I really did want her to be my girlfriend, I just wish I didn't have to ask her to be because it was nerve-racking.

​"Are you okay?" Tay snapped me out of my thoughts. "You seem a bit tense."
​I sighed. This was the moment. I had to ask her now.
​"That's because... I have to ask you something" I said shyly.
​Tay furrowed her eyebrows questioningly. "Yeah?"
​"I was just wondering if uhm..." I started, not sure how I was going to finish my sentence.
​"Yes?" Tay asked after I'd been quiet for what seemed like a very long time but was probably only a few seconds.
​​​
​"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I said quickly, wanting to get it over with.
​I didn't dare to look at Tay and see her reaction​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ so instead I was looking at the wooden table we were sitting at.
​"Ah, look at you, all shy suddenly" Tay said teasingly, causing me to look up to her smiling face. "Yes, of course I want to be your girlfriend! Did you really expect me to say no?"
​"I don't know, you could have..." I muttered.

​​​​"I'm not that much of a tease. I don't go around kissing people I don't like" she winked.
​"Yeah that's what I thought, I just wasn't sure" I said, unable to keep myself from smiling broadly.
​"It is kinda cute though, that you've been so nervous about it all night" she joked.
​"Oh shut it... Girlfriend" I said smiling.​​​​​​​​​​​​
​"I must admit, I like the sound of that" Tay said.
​"I know right, it's like music to my ears" I replied.

​The waitress showed up at our table, bringing our drinks and asking if we wanted dessert. Tay gave me a questioning look.
​"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed, causing both Tay and the waitress to smile.
​"Sometimes you really do seem like a 5 year old, you know" Tay said after the waitress walked off.
​"I know" I said, grabbing my drink and holding it up in the air. "Here's to never growing up!"
​Tay smiled and carefully hit my glass with ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​hers.

​The waitress returned with the dessert menu so we could pick a dessert. Tay went with a dame blanche and I ordered ​​​​something that included different flavors of ice cream. The waitress brought our desserts pretty quickly and as soon as we finished them, I asked for the bill. Being the gentleman that I am, I insisted on paying for the both of us, even though Tay did not agree with it. After arguing for a few minutes I convinced Tay to let me pay, so I did and we got up to leave. We got into my car.

​​​"Could you drive me home?" Tay asked.
​I looked over at her before starting my car. "You sure?"
​"Yeah, now that we're official I might as well tell the guys about it now and get it over with. You don't have to come in if you don't want to. I can't really blame you" she said.
​I shook my head. "No I'll come with you. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I were to let you face your angry band mates on your own?"
​Tay smiled. "As you wish"

​I started the car and drove off to Tay's apartment. When we got there, I followed her inside, where we found the four guys in the living room watching tv. They looked up when we entered the room, seemingly confused.

​​​​"Jack" Jordan said kind of coldly. "What are you doing here?"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​I was just about to answer when Tay answered for me.
​"I haven't been exactly honest with you guys as to where I was tonight" she started. "I wasn't with Haley and Cassadee, I was with Jack. We were on a date."
​"Why didn't you just tell us?" Cameron asked.
​"Because I didn't feel like I could" Tay replied. "Because I was afraid you would, I don't know, tie me to a chair to keep me from going on a date with Jack."

​At that, the expressions on the boys' faces softened.
​"Really?" Mike asked and Tay nodded in reply.
​Cameron looked at Mike, Jordan and Rob and then turned to Tay and me.
​"I think I speak for all of us when I say we're sorry. We might not be too fond of Jack, but then again, we hardly know the guy. I would never want you to feel like you can't tell us something" he said.

​​​​​​"Well, that's good to know, because Jack and I are dating" Tay said.
​I could tell they were not too pleased to hear that, but they didn't say anything.
​"Well, as long as you're happy, Tay" Cameron said.
​"And.." Jordan added, turning to me. "If you hurt her, we'll come after you."
​"Jordan!" Tay exclaimed.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ "None of your business."
​​​In reply, Jordan just shrugged innocently.

​"Speaking of which, how are things going with you and Rachel? You seemed to be getting along pretty well last night" Tay asked Cameron.
​"Things are going just fine" he replied vaguely.
​"Well, on that note, I'm gonna go home as I don't think I want to talk about this, considering Rachel is like a little sister to me" I said.
​"Well, then I suppose you would understand how we would feel about you and Tay" Jordan said.
​"Shut up!" Tay hissed at him, leading me out of the living room, into the hallway.

​"Just ignore Jordan" she said, while I opened the front door. "He's so overprotective."
​"He's right though" I answered. "I would not exactly appreciate it if Cameron were to hurt Rachel either. I see where he's coming from. But trust me, I would never intentionally hurt you."
​"Good to know" she said smiling.

​​​As I walked outside, I turned around. "I'll see you Monday, I suppose?"
​"Yes, I suppose you will" she answered, leaning in to kiss me softly. "Bye boyfriend."
​I smiled. "Bye girlfriend" I said, before I turned around and headed for my car.
​Once I reached it, I turned to wave at her before I got into my car and drove off.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
♠ ♠ ♠
My god, I'm so sorry I kept you guys waiting for over 2 weeks! I've been busy with school and then I just needed to relax after all of those tests, but I was mostly just procrastinating writing this because I was kind of stuck. Sorry! I now have a 1,5 week break from school so I'm gonna try to write ahead with the sequel.

​So yeah, this is the last chapter of part 1, I'll be posting a link to the sequel as soon as it's posted!​​​​