Status: Be prepared for a big book

Urcient

Stratlok

Stratok wasnt much just a small cluster of hamlets on the border of the Faravore forest. There were only about 34 people living in Stratok most were farmers, traders or worked at the tavern. And Stratok was most famous however for its drunks, due to the harsh lifestyles lead by the people there such as bandit raids, storms that can root up entire farms and domestic violence so many people though they could find happiness in a bottle. But this only increased the domestic violence and misery.

That day was a usual one the farmers toiled in their fields, the salesmen sold their goods and at the end of the day when the two blue suns were disappearing over the calm peaceful horizon when the drunkards staggered towards the tavern to drown their sorrows. Suddenly the temperature dropped and a thin layer of mist covers the town then he came the assassin the killer the living shadow and his name was Vark the unholy. Vark slowly walked from out of the mist everyone rushed inside their homes and shutters slaked shut through the town he carried on people stared from behind closed doors as Vark strolled on. He was wearing dark clothes from head to toe and had a black leather mask that made his face look feature less. Then he reached his destination a huge tower long and slender its walls were made of white stone and at the top there was what appeared to be a room of some kind. He came to the door it was guarded by two guards both clad in strall armour and armed with strall swords it was then noticed that Vark was quite small bit he was famous for his speed and stealth. The guards looked at him he stared coldly back then on silently turned and opened the great iron doors Vark was met with a huge spiral stairway.

After at least 300 steps he reached the top it was a huge room the ceiling was covered in intricate paintings of great battles and beasts the floor was coverd in a ancient red and gold carpet, and at either side of the room there were huge piles of scrolls and books. Finally at the end of the room there was a large desk and at it stood three strong looking guards and they were guarding Merfulus. Merfulus was the wisest scholar in the whole of the known world he practically knew everything except what dwelled in the south but however he was fat bald greasy and angry. Merfulus tried to stand but his legs decided they didn't want to so he slumped back down into his chair which then gave a loud crack and collapsed "oh fucking hell" shouted Merfulus as his are collided with the floor. He then slowly hauled himself up and looked menacingly at Vark and then he croaked " so your Vark the living shadow, don't look like much to me" he lent over his desk to a plate of Holdox legs he grabbed one in his chubby fingers and took a face sized bit out of it. He then leant back happily chewing " guards kill him I want to study his anatomy".

The guards drew their weapons each was armed with an hand axe and shield they rushed forwards their armour clanking like pots being bashed together. Vark slowly pulled a long 28 staff it was jet black and covered in patterns and runes from a holster on his back the first guard lunged forwards Vark was ready Vark swung his staff with increadable speed it smacked into his face crumpeling his helmet like paper and sending him to the floor. The second flanked Vark and charged from the back suddenly Vark sharply flicked his staff and a long slender blade appeared from the end of his staff. Then he spun round disemboweling his attacker the guard wailed in pain and fell to the floor then Vark quickly span around again but this time slit the guards throat. The final guard slowly stepped forwards shaken by the death of his comrades. The guard drew closer his fear was showing he was now shaking uncontrollably and even tears were starting to slowly trickle down his face suddenly he dropped his sword and began to run but Vark was merciless he leapt foward over the bodies and landed on the guard, he spasumed and whimpered in fear but not for long Vark swung his blade and then drove it into the back of the guards throat he let out a small guargle and then he lay dead.

"Hahahahaha" cackled Merfulus small specks of food flew out of his mouth and silently landed on his old wooden desk. "So you are the living shadow after all...take this it will tell you what you must do" he held out a small rectangular piece of paper for vark. Vark scampered up to his Merfulus and quickly like a striking snake snatched the paper from his had." Go to voltan then paper will tell you the rest" croaked Merfulus and without a word Vark opened the paper there was a short period of science when suddenly Vark turned and sprinted for the stairs he almost flew down them because of his speed then he burst through the doors at the bottom of the tower and ran into the mist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't trust Vark!!!!