Broken

one/one

I was losing my mind - had lost it. There were no words to explain what I was feeling. Even the long, barely used words couldn't describe the feeling. Everything moved in slow motion. The shattering, the noises, the movements. I didn't know what was happening. My hands were wrapped around the lamp a moment ago, anger pulsating through me. It was on the floor, surrounded by shards of glass. My worn eyes looked into the shattered mirror, the cracks ageing me; if that was possible.

It felt like I had given my mind away, that everything that had happened was because there was no thinking involved. That feeling of losing my mind escalated when I saw that milky skinned face behind me. Even in the broken mirror, that face was recognizable. Pink lips peaked into a smirk, the brown eyebrows rising. I didn't dare look from the mirror, afraid that the face would disappear that I was just hallucinating.

A hand touched my shoulder, the hairs on my arms stood up. The pink lips came closer to my ear, the breathing felt so real. "Tell me how you feel," she whispered, her breath warm. I blinked, trying to register what she what she had said. That she was so close.

"Girl," I paused as she leaned her head on my shoulder, her arms snaking around my waist. "I can't explain what I feel." The words slipped from my lips as I watched her smile, trying to catch my attention; to make me look at her.

Her long, slender fingers danced up my arm, my breathing stopped for a brief second. "Tell me," she whispered, her fingers cupping my chin, forcibly turning my head away from the mirror to look at her. I stared into her eyes, seeing her blink a few times. "I know you can."

I swallowed and watched her as she got closer to my face, her fingers touching my lips. She seemed enthralled by them. Her parted slightly in interest. "Say those words," her voice echoed in my mind, a small chuckle following.

"You are supposed to be dead," I told her, her fingers leaving my lips. She didn't move, her wide eyes stared up at me. "You're supposed to be dead," I repeated, watching her as her smile grew wider.

"I know," she said, softly before moving away from me. I looked back to the broken mirror, she was still there, staring at me. She nodded before placing a finger to her lips.

I shook my head slightly, watching as she retreated away from me. "You're dead," I confirmed, my eyes never leaving where she had stood.
♠ ♠ ♠
i shouldn't listen to music because things like this happen.