Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Do What You Can

Alyssa's P.O.V
Maddie, Amelia and I were watching movies eating crisps (chips if you're American) at Balz and Ryan's house with the gang and Heather, who was quickly becoming a close friend.
“What are we having for dinner?” Amelia asked.
“I'll see what's in the freezer,” I said getting up. I refilled my glass of coke and looked in the freezer. Empty, except for ice-cream. I checked the fridge. Nothing suitable for dinner.
“Uh, Ryan?”
“Yeah?” he shouted back.
“D'ya happen to have any food stashed anywhere?”
“Why?”
“You're out of stuff to cook,” I said popping back into the sitting room.
“Damn.”
I chuckled.
“Mads, would you cook for us?” Chris asked.
“Why me?”
“Because your cooking is amazing, anyone in their right mind knows that,” Ange said giving her puppy eyes.
She got up, grabbed her keys and coat then stopped.
“Uh, Lyss, could you drive me, It might be too much to carry.”
“Yeah, sure.”
“I'll come with you,” Ange said jumping up.
“They can handle themselves,” Jaime said smiling at us. It was great that they were still friends, not much would change hopefully. I grabbed my keys, waved bye to everyone and walked out with her. It wasn't usual for her to buy so much that it required a car. She had been cautious since we left Chris' yesterday. She never went anywhere unless someone was with her, except if she was going to the bathroom. It made me worry that Chloe threatened her. Nevertheless I went along with it if she felt safer. I'd do whatever I could to make sure she was safe.

Maddie's P.O.V
Alyssa and I were at Walmart. We needed to do something about those feathers, they seemed to be following her everywhere, well, everywhere she sleeps.
Alyssa read off the list I made in the car, “Pasta, sauce, cheese, mince. You're making lasagne aren't you?”
“Yeah.” I smiled at her delighted face.
“The gang's gonna love it.”
“What about me?”
“You can't say that! Where's your modesty?”
I laughed and she grinned at me. We picked up the ingredients we needed for lasagne and other stuff I needed for dinner for the next few days. We paid and left Walmart heading towards Alyssa's car. Mine was still in the garage, some asshole decided to drive into it leaving the left dented with a huge scrape across the whole left side. We loaded the shopping into the boot/trunk and I shut it leaving Lyss glaring at me.
“I can reach you know, we're not fourteen anymore.”
I chuckled at the memory, she was so short then, she still is. Someone grabbed my upper arm and Alyssa snarled, lunging at whoever was behind me. Her fist collided with the person and she pushed me behind her.
“I can defend myself,” I said glaring at her.
She glanced back and said, “I'm not letting him hurt you again.”
I knew immediately who she was talking about. TJ. He was on the ground nursing his broken nose, Alyssa liked to go for the nose.
“Who said I was gonna hurt her?” he barked.
“That's all you ever do TJ, it's in your nature to hurt others,” Alyssa growled.
“That may be true, but why would I hurt Madeline?”
I stepped away, I wasn't about to let that bastard fool me through flattery. Alyssa blocked my sight of him despite her height. She whirled around with wide eyes and yelled, “MADS!”
I felt a hand gripped my throat and Alyssa stepped towards me.
“One more step and I'll kill her here and now,” TJ warned, his voice right in my ear.
She froze and looked behind me with pure anger in her eyes.

Alyssa's P.O.V
I froze and looked at TJ.
“Good girl. You weren't expecting me to run like that were you?”
“You're a vampire, so what?” I sounded pissed, good.
“That's the best part, I'm not. I'm a demon, the Devil gave me the powers of a vampire. It's not much but it's better combined with what I can do.”
“And what's that?”
“I thought you would know Alyssa, after all, your best friends are demons.”
“That doesn't mean they have to tell me.”
“What about your father?”
What was he going on about?
“I've never met him. I'd really like to see him,” he said in a creepy voice. The same voice I heard after my fight with Ricky on Halloween.

Maddie's P.O.V
Alyssa's eyes went wide and shocked appeared on her face quickly to be covered with anger.
“Finally putting the pieces together? It's nice that they finally got the balls to tell you. Who told you, Madeline?”
“Why do you care,” I snarled.
“I care very much, you do know why, right?”
“Don't,” Alyssa interrupted. There was fear in her eyes and she stared right at TJ.
“Why?” I mouthed.
She gave me an apologetic look and TJ chuckled evilly.
“Who told you Alyssa? It was Ricky, am I right?”
She stared levelly at him. She didn't show any emotion, not even a flicker.
“Was it Ricky, Maddie?”
“Fuck off,” I grunted.
“Now, now, there's no need for that kind of language,” he said and tightened his grip, I winced and Alyssa started to walk towards us.
“STOP!”
She froze again.
“I could very easily torture Ricky, you know. All it would take is an item of something he loves and he would be begging for mercy.”
“That's your gift then, you can torture. I was expecting something a bit more...complicated,” she taunted.
“It's in the mind, I can create visions of hurting you inside his head and he'd never know it was me.”
“Don't you need an item for that?”
“That's easy.”
He let go of me and Alyssa ran forward and grabbed me. He smirked and ran towards us. He reached into the shadows and pulled on something. Alyssa cried out in pain and slumped into my side. He held out a huge inky black feather in his hand.
“A feather? I don't think he's that fond of feathers,” she grunted in pain.
“You don't recognise it? You always were blind to some things Alyssa, though I thought it was only towards love.”
“I know love when I see it,” she snarled grimacing in pain.
“Do you really? Then who loves Maddie? I know it's someone in your group.”
She continued to glare at him and he shrugged. He looked at the feather that lay in his hand and smirked.
“Some power you have there,” I said smugly.
My phone rang and he smiled at me as smug as I spoke. I took it out and answered watching TJ the whole time.
“Hello?”
“Maddie! There's something wrong with Ricky,” Ange said sounding lost.
Alyssa's head snapped up.
“What?”
“I-I don't know, we were watching a movie and he cried out and fell off the couch clutching his head.”
I heard Ricky groan over the phone. TJ chuckled and I glared at him.
“Ricky, what's wrong?” Ange asked his voice away from the mic on his phone.
“Ly-Lyss... t-tor-tortured,” Ricky uttered with pain in every letter.
“You bastard,” Lyss growled and she attempted to move from my side and almost fell. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders.
“Lyss,” Ricky faint voice muttered.
“Ricky, it's all in your head, Alyssa's here and she's fine,” I said hoping he could hear from the phone.
There was a sigh and Ange said, “He's calmer, what's going on?”
“TJ.”
The phone was snatched from my hand and I glared at TJ.
“Don't worry Angelo, I'll take good care of Maddie,” he said into the phone and hung up.
Alyssa stood up straight, noticeably in pain.
“The hell you will,” she snarled.
“And what are you going to do about it?”
“We're going to stop you,” I said.
“Are you going to punch me again? That won't work, I have added powers, only a full vampire can hurt me and you're not one, she's not even part vampire,” he said to me and looked at Alyssa at the end.
“We're human, neither of us are part anything,” I grumbled.
“I don't think so.”
He's nuts, there's no way I'm anything but human.
“Time to go Madeline.”
He ran at me and grabbed my arm.
“NO!” Alyssa screamed and reached for me.
“Bye bye Alyssa, you'll never see us again.”
“Maddie!” she cried running after us.
TJ laughed and threw me over his shoulder. I kicked and nipped and clawed at him as he started to run but his step never faltered. I saw Alyssa running after us slowly becoming smaller and smaller as TJ ran faster than her. It was so dark I could barely see anything.
“We'll be there in ten minutes Madeline, better make yourself comfortable.”
I kicked him in the stomach but he continued to run. I just wanted to see Angie again, to know I was safe.

Alyssa's P.O.V
I ran after them, I knew it was pointless but I had to try. TJ threw Maddie over his shoulder and started running at vamp speed. I ran as fast as I could but the sky was getting darker and Maddie was farther and farther away with each passing second. When I lost sight of them I stopped. There was no point in running after shadows, I already made the pain in my right shoulder ache more. I turned back to the parking lot in Walmart and walked slowly to my car. My phone rang and when I saw it was Ange I put it back in my pocket. I was going straight to his house. I got in the car and drove ignoring the pain in my shoulder and the pain in my heart of possibly losing my best friend.
“Alyssa!” Ange cried hugging me tightly. I whimpered in pain and he let go.
“Alyssa?” he asked worried.
“I'm fine,” I muttered and walked into the living room. Ricky was curled up into a ball on the floor in front of the sofa and he sprung up when he saw me. He hugged me tightly and I winced trying not to make a sound. He let go and held my chin forcing me to look at him.
“Are you okay?” he asked softly.
“I'm not the one you should be worrying about.”
“Where's Maddie?” Ange asked.
I looked at him, I didn't need to say anything. As it dawned on him his eyes filled with pain and guilt.
“I should have gone with you, I shouldn't have let the guys talk me out of it,” he murmured.
“It's not your fault, I should have done more.”
“What happened?” Ricky asked gently pushing me onto the couch.
I told them everything, every word, every action, everything that occurred just ten minutes ago. They held back their anger and Ange started calling all the guys that had left to get their instruments to start practising.
“Are you okay?” Ricky asked again and I nodded.
“I'll be fine when we get Maddie back.”
“We will,” he said certainly and hugged me gently avoiding hugging my right side too tight.
“They're coming, after they know what happened and we've thought of everywhere they could be we'll start looking for her,” Ange said coming back into the room.
I smiled gratefully at him and he smiled back.
“We'll get her back,” he told us, not a trace of doubt entered his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun, poor Maddie :(
I was supposed to update last night but homework and exhaustion got in the way, hopefully there will be one up tomorrow but there's going to be chaos at home today but hopefully i'll survive.
Hope your enjoying it:)
Until tomorrow xx