Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Kidnapped

Maddie's P.O.V
I was chained to a chair. CHAINED to a bloody chair. I was going to kill him. I noticed I was in a cold room alone. I could faintly see stairs leading up before me. The mother fucker put me in a bloody basement. Light came from the top and a shadow blocked some of it. It pulled down the trapdoor and it was dark again. When it reached the bottom of the stairs it went to a wall and punched it. Lights came on blinding me making me wince. When my eyes adjusted to the light I saw TJ looking at me like the pervert he is. Speak of the devil. He walked over to me and stroked my cheek. I squirmed away and he growled and slapped me.
“You're not leaving here until you learn to love me, so get used to it, doll.”
I spat at him and he calmly wiped it off his face.
“Why am I here?” I snarled.
“Because I like you, and I have permission from God who you know as the Devil to take you as mine, so I did.”
He was really chatty, I bet I could find out his plan and where I am. Wait, Chloe is God? I thought she was the Devil, damn this is confusing.
“You have permission? I thought demons could do whatever they want.”
“We can but there's some ground rules.”
“Like what?” If I get this out of him I can find out what I needed to know.
“It's good that you're curious, you can find out about yourself.”
“What do you mean?”
“I'll tell you that later, but as for the ground rules, there's only a few. We can kill other demons or vampires since that's how we're born but we can't kill the important ones like myself.”
“You?” I sneered.
“Yes, me. I'm God's brother.”
“You're God's brother. Should you not look a bit more like her?”
“I'm her adopted brother, I'm the most ruthless, the most bloodthirsty of her creations,” he boasted proudly. I need to be careful if he's telling the truth.
“Okay, don't kill important creations, what else?”
“We have to obey her, any special commands, and the base of our existence, we have to be evil, which is something your friends are failing at, as you know.”
I swallowed. They would save me as soon as they could. But I had no way of telling them if I found out anything about my whereabouts. I'll think of something later.
“Is that it?”
“One more, we can't take another creations counterpart, which is why I needed permission.”
“I'm a counterpart?”
“Yes, but to who?” He crouched down in front of me and leaned in. I could feel his breath on my face and fought the urge to flinch. He smelt of alcohol and cocaine.
“I don't know.”
“YES YOU DO!” he yelled standing up and throwing a chair across the room.
“WHO TOLD YOU? IT HAD TO BE ONE OF THOSE FAGGOTS, WHO WAS IT!”
“I-I can't remember.”
He grabbed my hair and tilted my head back. I feigned innocence in my eyes and hoped he fell for it. He let go and crouched down beside me.
“It doesn't matter, doll. You know who you wanted it to be, don't you?”
I knew I had to play along if I was to get information AND a way to tell one of them.
“You,” I whispered and he smiled sweetly.
“Good girl, I might let you upstairs sooner than I originally thought.”
He stroked my hair and I stopped myself from trying to slap him. He got up and walked up the stairs.
“I'll get you some food, doll.”
He opened the trapdoor and stepped out, closing it behind him. I waited a while before sighing softly, remembering that he had vampire powers. So long as he didn't try to kiss me I might be able to play along believably and gain his trust, maybe have the chance to call someone and tell them where I am, tell them that I'm okay, for now.

Alyssa's P.O.V
I was curled in Ghost's side pretending to sleep. I took in another deep breath and slowly let it out, making my act more believable. The guys were all out searching the streets for Maddie. I've been up for twenty six hours and the guys forced me to rest. Like I could with my best friend out there somewhere with a psychopath. I heard footsteps walk towards us and made sure my eyelids were closed comfortably.
“I can't stay in here any longer, I'm going out to look for her,” Ange said. He had been awake for the same amount of time as me and was left to rest.
“Angelo, I know this is hard, but she's going to be okay,” Ghost said calmly.
“How do you know that?”
“You haven't acted out. If she was hurt you would feel it, it's one of the perks of finding your counterpart.”
“How much would she have to be hurt?”
“Just a little, but she's with TJ, his punches don't really hurt, nothing he could do to her would hurt her badly.”
Angelo sighed softly. “I need to find her,” he said softly.
I felt a pair of eyes on me and Ghost's quiet sigh.
“Okay, but find one of the guys, you never know who might be out there.”
I heard footsteps going away and no sigh from Ghost meaning Ange gave him a silent agreement. The door opened and closed and it was silent for a minute.
“I know you're not asleep, you can open your eyes,” Ghost said with a hint of amusement in his voice.
I opened my eyes and sat up to look at him. “What gave me away?”
“You were too tense, nice work on the breathing and your facial expression though.”
I sighed. “I miss her so much.”
“We all do, but being drained from staying awake isn't going to help her.”
I looked at him and he sighed and wrapped me into a hug. Ghost's hugs were always comforting.
“I just don't think I can sleep, she's alone with TJ, the guys are looking for her with no protection for themselves, Ange is out there by himself, so much could go wrong. I've already lost Maddie, I can't lose one of them too.”
“You haven't lost Maddie, we're going to get her back.”
“I should have done more, I should've protected her better.”
“You did everything you could, TJ hurt you, you were in pain and you didn't know if and when he would strike, you did everything you could.”
“I didn't do enough,” I mumbled.
He pulled away and looked at me straight in the eyes.
“You did do enough, you did more than was expected from you, not everyone would run after them when there was no hope.”
“Not everyone has best friends that are like the sister they never had.”
He pulled me back into a hug not agreeing or disagreeing.
“We'll get her back, I promise you.”
I sighed and leaned into his embrace. I remembered his conversation with Ange and smiled.
“Is Kylie your counterpart?”
I pulled away to see him blush.
“Yeah, she is.” He sounded awed, as though he couldn't believe he belonged with her.
“Do demons have counterparts? Except Kylie and Allie.”
“I think so.”
“So Ivy and Vic could be counterparts.”
He laughed, “Yeah, they could but you'd have to ask them.”
“But Vic's looking for Maddie and Ivy's at Amelia's place still trying to get her head around the whole thing.”
He smiled at me. “You'll just have to wait then.”
“Ugh.”
He chuckled. “Will you sleep please?”
“I don't think I can. I'm so stressed out by this.”
“Relax, we'll have her back by the end of the week. One sec.”
He got up and put on The Nightmare Before Christmas.
“Thanks Devin.”
“Any time.” He smiled and I curled into his side again.
Vampires aren't cold like everyone thinks they are, they're just as warm as an average human, warmer even. I'm not quite sure when but I felt my eyelids drop and soon the darkness took me away from reality and into dreams.

Angelo's P.O.V
I walked out into the cold, crisp air. I took in a deep breath and sighed, I missed her so much. None of the guys were in sight. I'll be okay, I'll probably bump into one of them soon. I was walking towards TJ's old place hoping he hadn't moved and heard voices behind me. I didn't recognise them and ignored them but I couldn't help overhearing.
"Is that him?"
"I think so, long hair, short beard, that has to be him."
There was a pause and I started walking faster. They started to mumble and I turned a corner starting to get paranoid.
"He's getting away, quick!"
I heard footsteps quicken behind me and ran. A man appeared in front of me and grabbed me by the throat.
"You're coming with us," he taunted as a man and a woman joined him. They were the speakers.
"Who are you?" I choked out while trying to kick them.
"We're demons but we're better know as hunters," the woman sneered.
The second man took a syringe out of his pocket and the man and woman held me still. I swung my fist and hit the second man in the jaw. The other two grabbed my arm again and held me still. The man rubbed his jaw then showed me the needle again.
"This will hurt," the second man said.
I struggled to move away but they held me still enough for the needle to pierce my skin. I fought the black threatening to cloud my vision but it forced its way into my system and the black enveloped me.

Maddie's P.O.V
I was no longer chained to the chair but I was still in the basement. After TJ brought me soup (which sucked but I needed to eat to keep up my energy) I reminded him that I couldn't move my hands and he unlocked me. He watched me eat the soup and hovered around me making sure I didn't move. I finished the last of it and he smiled.
"You're learning, doll."
I smiled back as convincingly as I could manage. His smile grew letting me know I fooled him. Good, it might be easier to gain his trust than I thought.
"Feel better?"
"Yeah, a lot better." I hoped he was stupid enough to think it was because of him. His smirk told me he was. That makes life a whole lot easier.
"Good, I wouldn't want you feeling hurt."
Really? The slap didn't give that impression. I smiled in agreement and sighed comfortably.
"Keep being a good girl and I'll let you upstairs, you'll be more comfortable and there's a good sturdy bed as well."
He stroked my cheek and I fought the urge to kick him in the crotch. Instead I leaned into his hand and he smiled at me and walked away.
"There's a book on the table if you get bored," he called over his shoulder and walked back up the stairs. I watched carefully as he pushed up the trapdoor. That's all I need to do. When the door hit the floor taking away the sunlight I sprung up and walked towards the stairs. I heard a click and realised he locked it. Dammit.
I sighed and walked towards the table beside the stairs. Sex for dummies, as if I was going to read that! I picked it up in case he came in and sat back in the chair, the only thing that was a seat, wasn't broken and was a little comfortable. If I said something about the gang missing me he might take sympathy on me and let me call them. He'd probably hover over me, and I'd need to wait until I got upstairs, and as far away from his bedroom as possible.

Alyssa's P.O.V
“Wake up sleepy head.”
I opened my eyes at the sound of Ricky's voice. I was looking up at his face and his beautiful smile when he saw I was awake. Yes, I said it, his smile is beautiful.
“Hey,” I said sleepily.
He chuckled. “Hey.”
“How long have I been out?” I asked sitting up ignoring the fact my head had been in his lap to prevent myself from blushing.
“A few hours. Ghost told us you didn't sleep until two hours after we left.”
“Wait, I fell asleep on Ghost.”
“He wanted to look for them so I swapped.”
“Them?”
He looked at me sadly. “We can't find Ange.”
“What! I knew I should've dropped the act and went with him.”
“If you did that you'd probably be missing too. We'll find him soon and hopefully Maddie will be with him.”
“How do you know you'll find him?”
“We've got trackers on our phones, you've got to be careful when you're not human.”
He pulled out his phone, took the back off it and showed me the chip.
“That's quite clever. What's the hold-up then?”
“We don't know the password to unlock it.”
“Really?” I stared at him like he was the dumbest person in the world.
“It's not my fault! Chris kept all the passwords on a sheet and he lost it.”
“Give me a computer.”
“I've been working on it for twenty minutes, what makes you think you can do it?”
“Just give me it.”
He passed me the black laptop sitting on the ground beside him. The screen was loaded up and asking for a password. I typed in Maddie and a red 'x' appeared on the screen.
“Was there a limit on the passwords?”
“It had to be short and easy to remember.”
I thought about it and typed in 'Mads'. I got a green tick this time and a map appeared.
“How did you do that?”
“Who does he love?”
“Maddie.”
“And what's our four letter nickname for her.”
He stared at me and shook his head. “You're brilliant,” he said quietly.
“I try,” I joked and sent the map to everyone's phones. I texted them all to meet back at Ricky's to discuss the plan of attack.
“So what's your password?”
He blushed and hid his bright red cheeks from me with his hair. “I'd rather not say.”
“Why not?”
“I'll tell you one day, just not now.” He stared at the ground the whole time refusing to look at me.
Ghost, Kylie, Ivy and Jaime burst through the door saving Ricky from my plea I was about to voice. They came quickly and soon everyone was gathered in the big room.
“Finally crack it Rick?” Ryan said.
“Actually it was Alyssa.”
Balz shook his head. “Outsmarted by a woman.”
“Hey!” Kylie, Allie, Heather and I exclaimed.
“You might want to take that back,” Allie threatened.
“It was a joke!” Balz said raising his hand to a surrender position.
“Better be,” Kylie grumbled.
“Can we focus on getting Ange and Mads back?” Chris asked.
I zoomed in on the map until a picture of a house came up.
“Recognise it?”
“That's TJ's place,” Ricky said. He pointed at the mailbox and I zoomed in on it. T. Bell.
“Why would he kidnap Angelo?” Heather asked.
“They're counterparts?” I suggested.
“He doesn't know that,” Ricky argued.
“They are?!” everyone but Ghost and Kylie exclaimed.
“What did TJ say about vampires?” Ghost asked.
“That only a full vampire could hurt him and that I wasn't part vampire.”
“Ange needs her blood to survive. We can eat food for a month without blood-”
“But you don't kill” I interrupted.
“Let me finish. We can eat food and it will satisfy us until we find our mate, then we can only last a month without some of their blood, after a few days we start getting weaker.”
“Why would he care about Ange?”
“I don't think it's Ange he cares about,” Kylie said with a tone of mystery.
“But Maddie's not a vampire,” I argued.
“We've been thinking, maybe neither of you are fully human. You are human but one of your parents may not be,” Ricky said.
“That's what he said,” I muttered.
“Huh?” Vic asked.
“When he said his gifts were combined with a vampires he asked why you guys didn't tell us, then he mentioned my dad.”
“Maddie moves a little quicker than humans, she runs faster too, she could be part vampire,” Balz said, getting back on topic.
“He would be worried that Maddie's health would fail without Ange, he can't deny that they're mates, whether he likes it or not,” Allie added.
“They must both be there. How are we going to strike?” Turtle asked.
We discussed tactics deciding on Ricky distracting TJ while Vic, Balz and Jaime would look for Ange and Chris, Ryan and I would look for Maddie. Turtle would wait at our entrance for help if it was needed and Ghost would wait for the guys. Allie, Kylie and Heather would wait in the three cars ready to drive at any moment and Mike would stay with them in case something happened. We were ready to get our best friends back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you're liking it so far, what d'ya think will happen next? Will they get to Maddie and find Angelo? Or will Maddie be shown the way upstairs towards the bedroom?
Until tomorrow...xx