Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Love Can Be Amazing

Ivy and Amelia were waiting for us. They lunged at Maddie when she walked through the door, then attacked Ange with hugs too.
“I can't believe you were taken! This is unreal,” Ivy exclaimed sounding hyper.
“I know, calm down,” Maddie laughed. Ivy visibly calmed down and Vic went over to her and hugged her.
“Thank goodness you're safe, he didn't hurt you did he?” Amelia asked.
“Not too much, he doesn't really have any power in his slaps.”
“Ange?” Ivy asked.
“He personally didn't hurt me, I fought back and got hit several times when they took me.”
I inwardly sighed in relief, I couldn't bear the thought of TJ hurting them.
“He's going to be pissed when he finds out,” Balz said.
“Let him be, if he comes near us we can kick his ass again,” Chris said calmly.
Everyone nodded in agreement but I couldn't help but think the opposite. Surely by now he knew we could easily beat him, he would learn from it. He's stupid, but not that stupid. He'd probably bring an army with him, an army that we wouldn't be able to prepare for. Ricky looked at me as though he knew what I was thinking. He looked at the kitchen then back at me. I nodded slightly and he turned away. I slipped past the gang and Heather caught my eye. She winked at me and I rolled my eyes continuing to walk to the kitchen. I looked at him and smiled.
“What's wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“Alyssa.”
I may be stubborn but if he keeps pushing me I won't be able to hold it back.
“It's nothing, Ricky.”
I turned away from him and he grabbed my arm. I spun around to face him trying not to notice how close we were.
“You can tell me Lyss,” he said softly.
Dammit.
“I can't help but feel that TJ is going to strike back with something bigger than us, bigger than he can control.”
“He is going to be pissed.”
“Pissed is an understatement.”
I smiled at him and he smiled softly. My heart stuttered. Damn, I needed to learn how to control it, he could probably tell with his enhanced hearing and he probably knew my blood was circulating faster considering what he is. He gently let go of my arm and walked away. I noticed there was something off about him, as though he was struggling to walk properly. That was weird, I hadn't seen him get injured and if he had been when they were out searching someone would have told me. I put it aside to worry about later. I needed to see Maddie and talk to her, possibly the other girls too. I needed to sort this out before it got out of hand. I couldn't deal with this on top of the stress from losing Maddie and exhaustion from getting her back and barely sleeping the past three days. I walked out to see they were still celebrating getting Maddie and Ange back and shook my head smiling. I needed to get Maddie away from their hearing. I looked around and couldn't find Maddie anywhere, or Ange for that matter. Figuring they were together somewhere I waited for one of them to show up while the guys continued cheering.

Maddie's P.O.V
I looked around and saw Alyssa making her way to the kitchen. Probably to speak to Ricky, the kitchen was like their meeting place to talk. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see Ange.
“Can we talk?”
“Sure.”
He led the way upstairs and into his bedroom. I sat on the bed and he ran a hand through his hair nervously. He sat beside me looking embarrassed.
“I...um...I kind of...”
I took one of his hands reassuringly.
“It's okay Ange, you can tell me.”
“I,” he sighed, “I really like you.”
“Where are you going with this?”
My heart was beating so fast and my stomach was doing somersaults.
“I'm in love with you,” he said blushing deeply.
I think I froze. I couldn't believe it. Ten days ago I told Alyssa I loved Ange more than Jaime, now he was telling me what I dreamt of hearing. He was looking down at the floor and I tilted his chin up to look into his beautiful blue-grey eyes.
“I'm in love with you too.”
I felt myself go bright red. He broke out into a delighted smile and pushed my fringe out of my eyes. He leaned in and my breath hitched. I couldn't believe he was about to kiss me. He kissed me and I felt him ran a hand through my hair. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I pulled away gasping for breath and he smiled with a look in his eye, a look of love. I smiled back and he kissed me again and I happily kissed him back.

Alyssa's P.O.V
Ange came down the stairs with a gleeful look on his face. Maddie was definitely up there then. I slipped past and up the stairs into the hall calling out for Maddie. I saw her from Ange's room with a dreamy look in her eyes.
“What's up with you?”
“Ange told me he loved me.”
“What?! Really!”
“Yeah.”
“So are you two together?”
“I guess so.”
“I actually came to talk to you about Ricky but tell me the details.”
“Wait, did something-”
“No. you and Ange.”
She gladly told me everything, every thought in her head, how she reacted, every last detail she could remember.
“What did you want to talk about?”
“I don't know what to do. I don't think I've ever fallen this hard for someone.”
“How so?”
“He smiled and my heart freaked.”
“Damn, you really do love him.”
“I don't love him, I just like him a lot.” The blush warming up my neck and cheeks wasn't proving my point. Unfortunately she used that against me.
“I knew you loved him, the question is what are you going to do about it.”
“Nothing, he has a girlfriend and I don't want to ruin our friendship.”
“He's not meant to be with Jessica, there wasn't a lot of love in her eyes last time we saw her, you two however are perfect.”
“That seems to be a popular opinion.”
“Who else said it?”
I recalled the events on Halloween and what happened just before I found out.
“See, even a complete stranger to you thought you'd be good together.”
“I don't think I could do anything. I want to know how to stop it.”
“You can't, trust me, something will happen soon. You're meant to be together.”
I sighed uneasily. I couldn't let my body go out of control around him, I needed to calm down my heart and tame my mind, before something slips.
“Oh, I need to tell you something. Being kidnapped by TJ gained me some information.”
“What?”
“We're not fully human.”
“Huh?”
“The symbols on our wristbands mean 'demon'. I'm also part vampire and you're part fallen angel.”
“That would explain the black feathers everywhere, but how? Are our parents different?”
“Yes, but we were born like humans which is why we're part human.”
“Okay, I'm just trying to get my head around it.”
It made sense, a lot of sense. Did we have gifts? Could we torture? Could I fly? All these questions roamed my head begging to be answered. I guess only time could tell, and any information the gang has on this.
“Does the gang know?”
“No, we should probably tell them.”
She stood up and I followed.
“The guys had suspicions that you were part vamp, they'll be jumping for joy when they find out they were right.”
She laughed, “They will, literally.”
We laughed as we walked down the stairs to meet them. I noticed Ange never took his eyes off Maddie, who had her hair covering her cheeks to hide her blush.
“Yo! We need to talk!” I called down to them.
They gathered at the doorway and I shooed them away. We stood in front of them and I looked at Maddie expectantly.
“TJ told me that we weren't fully human. That we're something different.” She faltered.
“It's like you guys thought.”
“Mads is part vamp, what else?” Vic asked.
“They're both part demon,” Ricky informed them. “That's why they have their wristbands, they don't have the mark.”
“What about you, Alyssa? Just half in half?” Chris asked.
“I'm part fallen angel.”
“That explains the feathers,” Ryan said.
“Really?! What type?” Ivy cried getting excited.
“I don't know.”
“We'll find out, then we'll see what you can do,” Amelia added.
“What I can do?” Everyone looked confused except for Ivy and Amelia.
“Different angels have different gifts. Ivy was a Guardian.”
“I can see people's auras; how they're feeling, what kinds of thoughts they're thinking. It can be handy but I need to show my wings.”
“I, however, can brainwash people. My parents were Delivers, they delivered thoughts and feelings when someone goes against The Plan, which was rare.”
“The Plan?” Balz asked.
“God's plan he has for us,” Amelia answered.
“I don't believe in a pre-determined future,” Ricky commented.
“Me neither,” I agreed.
“It's there, no one realises. You're meant to end up with who you love, you're meant to tell them when it feels right because that's the way The Plan states it,” Ivy said convincingly, it didn't fool me.
“Both your parents are different, I've never heard of anyone who had different parents and were born human,” Ghost pondered.
“We should talk to them,” Maddie suggested.
I nodded in agreement and said bye to the gang. Ange leapt up and bounded in front of us.
“I'm coming with you.”
No one objected. We all needed something to reassure us no one would be kidnapped again. Ryan got up and pulled Allie with him mumbling that he was heading home anyway. He was probably using it as an excuse to not show who much he cared. Sometimes he really was a typical guy who didn't want to show any personal affection. We walked up and Ange followed us until we reached Maddie's door. She unlocked it and I ran into the kitchen to give them some privacy. I started making sausages and bacon when I heard a step and turned to see a red faced Maddie.
“You guys kissed again, didn't you?”
She nodded happily and took out a packet of potato bread.
“It feels like forever since I made something.”
“I've put away the ingredients you bought. It helped me stop freaking out after I told the guys.”
“Thanks, I'll make that lasagne tomorrow.”
I smiled widely in delight.
She sighed, “I should call my parents.”
I should go see them. I haven't since I stared staying in the apartment. “I'm going to see mine.”
“Be careful, he'd take you if he could. Possibly to get to Ricky or someone else.”
“I will be.”
I closed the door behind me and started the walk home. At least I wouldn't have to climb any stairs, that was the great thing about having a flat on the ground floor. I walked swiftly in the cold air and sighed comfortably. This was my kind of weather. Cool air, blue sky with clouds and no sun in sight. Perfect. I arrived home quicker than usual, I guess what happened to Mads and Ange encouraged me not to loiter around when alone. I took the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. I walked in after putting the key back and shut the door. I saw my mum in the kitchen and smiled walking over to her.
“Alyssa, honey, you're back!”
I smiled widely as she pulled me into a hug and I kissed her cheek.
“Hey mum.”
I felt my smile drop as I remembered why was here.
“What's wrong?”
“Can we talk?”
“Of course.”
She started to make me a cup of tea and I slid to the floor. Some of our most important conversations happened while sitting on this kitchen floor. She gave me the cup of tea and sat down with her own. I took a sip and sighed comforted by the familiar feel of the hot liquid going down my throat.
“Why didn't you tell me what you are?”
“I was going to on your eighteenth, I figured if anything was going to happen it would be then.”
“What kind of thing?”
“Not being able to sleep on your back, seeing things in your shadow, feathers appearing out of no where, that kind of stuff.”
“I've never been able to sleep on my back, also I have a wardrobe full of feathers. That's why I left.”
“I knew you left for another reason. Is there anything you want to know?”
“Why did you fall?”
“I didn't agree with God's ideas. I was a Guardian angel. I couldn't protect people who deserved to be, who had families, I was protecting evil people. In the end I couldn't take it, I protected someone due to die. God cast me out of Heaven and I gladly went.”
“Wow. How did you and dad meet if he's a demon?”
She smiled at the memory. “He was the man I had saved. I was living a normal human life, going to university and studying law. His room was down the hall from mine. We bumped into each other often, became good friends and fell in love.”
“Why dad? You said you couldn't protect good people with families. Dad didn't have a family then.”
“There was good in his heart, a good life ahead of him. He was young as well, too young to lose his life. But back to you, you should be able to show your wings soon.”
She finished her tea and I did the same. It was already dark outside. She closed the curtains, though it didn't make much of a difference, grabbed a torch and shone it on me. I looked to the side where my shadow lay. My eyes were instantly drawn to the huge set of wings the shadow showed. I looked over my shoulder to see no wings. I looked to my mother in amazement and she smiled at me.
“Just imagine yourself with wings.”
I tried but it didn't seem real enough. She closed her eyes and her wings unfolded from behind her. I looked carefully at them, the bend at the top as it rested, the sharp point at the end, the way the feathers overlapped and entwined with the other. I closed my eyes and pictured them in my mind, pictured what they'd be like with me. Raised at the excitement of first seeing them, the point sharp, almost lethal, the feathers together in a beautiful and clever way, and opened my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter for you lovely people :)
I go back to school tomorrow after a long weekend so I might not be able to update but hopefully the teachers aren't too mean and I don't get too much French homework
I'll see you later xx