Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Love's Confusing

TJ's P.O.V
I had a brilliant plan, I was going to strike them where it hurt. They'd be putty in my hands, I would have Maddie back and keep Angelo as a blood slave for her. Chloe agreed to my plan, fifty demons and vampires preparing to fight, to torture, to kill. I'd leave them feeling worthless and empty. No one steals from me and expects to get away with it. But who to kill? Maddie and Ange were to stay alive, probably Ghost and his girl too, Ryan can die, Chris can, Balz is alright, he'll be alive but his girl seems like a bitch that no one wants. Ricky will die for distracting me, I'll keep Alyssa alive, let her suffer for what he did. I'd kill two from the other four, just to teach them. If I was lucky we'd be ready in a week. Oh what fun this will be.

Unknown P.O.V
Chloe better stay away from them or I'll have to step in. I can't believe she agreed to that spoilt brat's plan, he'll destroy everything. This is the last time I'm letting her get to me. I'm getting my demons and vampires back, she can have her troublesome fucking angels back, all the mother fuckers want to do is kill. She's going to get into the minds of the next generation of demons and society and the media has fucked up vampires minds. Hopefully Ivy did a good enough job, Ricky will need his strength if this happens. I'll send Amelia in, she's better at this stuff, hopefully she won't have to use her gift but he seems quite stubborn. For the meantime, I need to stop the angels killing and find a way to talk to Chloe.

Alyssa's P.O.V
Our original plan was to watch movies all day, the usual, so when I arrived to see instruments everywhere it came as a bit of a surprise.
“Sorry Lyss,” Ghost said moving his bass from a couch.
“S'okay, how long has it been since you guys practised?”
“We were going to when you told us Maddie was kidnapped,” Chris reminded me.
“What have you practised?”
“Actually we were about to, we've been discussing everything,” Chris answered.
They started to play a song after a minutes discussion which I didn't recognise until I listened closely to the bass. The notes where the same ones Ghost was describing to us two weeks ago. It must be We Only Come Out At Night. I laughed when I heard the familiar lines from The Lost Boys.
“Sleep all day, Party all night, Never grow old, Never die, It's fun to be a vampire,” Chris screamed.
I applauded them when they had finished and Chris took an elaborate bow. Maddie and Amelia came in and smiled at the instruments. The guys started another song Chris called 'Undead Ahead'. Again, it was amazing. I missed hearing them practise, it reminded me why music was so important.
“Nice to see you guys haven't lost it,” Maddie said sitting beside me.
“Thanks Mads,” Balz said.
She smiled in response and they went through the songs they had: .Com Pt. II; Cobwebs; Count Choculitis; Scissorhands; and Abigail. Chris started working on Immaculate Misconception with Balz and Ange while Ricky started writing lyrics and notes for London in Terror. Chris and Ange said they would help Ricky after getting most of Immaculate Misconception done. Ghost went over the bass and Ryan went over the guitar. I loved watching this part, seeing how they wrote lyrics and went over what they had with their instrument. There was an atmosphere of peace I never found anywhere else, a peace created by doing what you love and being creative, it was beautiful. It didn't take long to write most of Immaculate Misconception and soon Chris and Ange were working on London in Terror with Ricky. Maddie and I started to make lunch with Amelia making them all coffee. They looked delighted at the lunch we made them and we put on a DVD to give them a break.
“Are PTV practising?” Mads asked.
“Yeah, it's been ages for them as well,” Ryan said around a sausage sandwich.
I snickered at Balz jumping, this movie still scares the shit out of him. After The Nightmare On Elm Street ended they got back to work. Amelia left to go to work and it was just Maddie and me with the guys. They were working on finishing Immaculate Misconception leaving Ricky with London in Terror again. He sung along to it and strummed on his guitar softly which would sound better louder but I guess he was being respective towards the guys working on the song beside him. I noticed how concentrated he was, how a smile played on his lips when it sounded right, how if something wasn't right he would work on it until it was as good as it could ever get. A tap on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked over Maddie who was smirking at me. She led the way into the kitchen and leaned against the counter, her smile never leaving.
“What?”
“You so like him.”
“I don't,” I mumbled. It seemed useless arguing with her lately, I don't know what changed.
“You do, you just won't admit it.”
“What use will it do if I say it?”
“He broke up with Jessica.”
“He's still my friend.”
“That can change, Ange and I aren't just friends anymore.”
“Yes, but Ange loves you and you love him. Even if I do like him that way who's to say he likes me?”
“You can really tell he likes you. The way he looks at you is enough to see it.”
“I still don't see it.”
She shook her head in disappointment. “It's there. You probably have seen it but don't want to accept it, just let things happen.”
“But he's been my best friend for over half my life, it'd be weird.”
“We've known Ange longer and I'm going out with him.”
She had a point. Had I seen what was so obvious to everyone? Either way I couldn't see Ricky and me going out. It was different for Ange and Maddie; they were a perfect match, Ricky and I weren't.
“I might be blocking it out, but I still can't see anything happening.”
“See it first, then think about it.”
She turned away and I leaned on the counter, my head hanging down.
“You okay?”
I looked up to see Ricky standing there looking worried.
“Yeah, just got some advice I wasn't expecting, that's all.”
He nodded and leaned beside me.

Ricky's P.O.V
“I know what that's like.”
*Flashback*
“I think I'm falling in love with Alyssa,” I said quietly.
Chris and Balz stared at me in shock.
“I know we joked about it, damn, you mean it?” Chris asked.
“Yeah, I keep thinking of her differently.”
“How so?” Balz asked.
“Just realising how beautiful she is, and how amazing-”
“Don't get soft, man, I don't get like that with Amelia,” Balz said. It was obvious that they were mates, most of them had found theirs, it was just Chris, Ange and me.
“Are you sure he's too soft? Or are you just saying that because you don't like change?” Chris asked. Balz hesitated then punched his stomach.
“That's a yes.”
“Seriously, what do I do?” I sounded helpless, just what I didn't want them to know.
“I don't know, man, see how things go. If your feelings develop then tell her, if not then get over it,” Chris suggested.
I could have done that easily but I didn't want to, that was the problem. I couldn't see us going out but I wanted it to be a possibility. I normally just let things happen but this was something I was determined to follow through.
“Don't think about it too much, if it happens, it happens, if not then forget it,” Balz said patting me on the back. Maybe the girls would understand better.
*End of flashback*
“It sucks.”
“Yeah,” she agreed sounding a little distant.
I ran my hand through my hair. Why was this so so hard?

Alyssa's P.O.V
“Yeah,” I agreed absent-mindedly.
Maybe I should talk to some of the guys, get their perspective. I noticed Ricky run his hand through his hair. I wasn't the only one with problems then. He walked off, probably to practice. I noticed he stumbled a little but he didn't look like he was in pain. I had to ask him about it later. I walked back into the living room. Maddie was talking with Ange so I joined Chris and read what he had. I looked up to see Ricky's piercing blue eyes on me. They really were beautiful. I looked back down at the scribbled lyrics.
“It sounds good,” I said quietly.
“Thanks,” Chris replied.
Ryan moved and Chris looked at me closely.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, can I talk to you later? And one of the other guys?”
“Sure. What about?”
“Something.”
I couldn't say anything considering Ricky was in the room and he had heightened hearing. Chris looked at me weirdly and I shook my head. He got that I couldn't say and crawled over to Balz who was the closest to him. He whispered something and Balz looked at me then nodded. The guys practised for hours until they were worn out and went home. Balz stayed behind while Ghost said he was staying at Kylie's place for the night and left.
“What's up?” Balz asked.
“I've asked Maddie and got an answer I didn't expect, but I figured I should find out from a guys perspective, which is why I asked if we could talk.”
“What is it?” Chris asked.
“Apparently, I'm in love with Ricky. I don't know if I show it or something but Maddie said it's obvious. The question I have is should I do something? I don't want to ruin our friendship by saying anything but at the same time I feel like if I don't I'll let it slip somehow.”
They looked like they were momentarily in shock.
“Wow. Do you think you're in love with him?” Chris asked.
“I'm not sure, it's as though I'm only really seeing him now, there's so many new things about him that I've picked up, it's not exactly something a best friend would think about.”
“In what way?” Balz asked.
“How his eyes light up when he smiles, how passionate he is about music, the way he blushes-”
“Okay, I get the picture,” Balz interrupted looking a bit bothered.
They looked at each other as if they knew something. I pushed it aside, I needed their advice right now.
“How much do you value your friendship?” Chris asked.
“A lot, I don't want to damage it by doing something stupid.”
“What did Maddie say?” Chris asked, Balz stayed quiet while frowning.
“That I love him, we could be more than friends and that I don't see that he loves me.”
“She's encouraging it?” Balz asked.
“You really don't like change, do you?” I asked.
“I hate it.”
“I think you should see what he does, if he does anything to support Maddie's idea then take telling him into consideration, if not then stay his friend,” Chris said.
I nodded and thought it through, it was a good answer, I'll give him that, but it meant waiting around and keeping a close eye on him. Why couldn't things be easy anymore?
“Thanks guys, I appreciate it.”
“No problem.”
“Any time. I'll take you home,” Balz offered.
I smiled and said bye to Chris. We walked towards my street and Balz stayed silent.
“Are you sure you like Ricky?”
“Yeah, not a hundred percent but enough to know I might like the idea of going out with him in the future.”
He sighed.
“I hate things changing, first Maddie and Ange, now you and Ricky, why can't things stay the same?”
“Because Ange and Maddie would die without the others blood and that constitutes a relationship, especially when they're already in love.”
He glumly agreed and walked me to my door.
“Just think about it for a long time.”
“Will do.”
I hugged him and walked into my house. I collapsed on my bed exhausted even though I did barely anything. Life's confusing, and so's love. Why couldn't it be simpler?

Ricky's P.O.V
There was a knock on the door and I opened it after Ange yelled that he was busy. Amelia was at the door.
“Hey.”
“Hi, can we talk?”
“Sure.”
I stepped aside so she could come in and followed her into the kitchen. I frowned and she turned to me.
“Has Ivy talked to you?”
“Yes, why?”
“Have you thought about what she said?”
“Uh, kinda.” I rubbed the back of my neck.
“And? Are you going to do something?”
“I don't think so.”
She sighed.
“Why not?”
“She's my best friend, I don't want to ruin that.”
“Ricky, she's the one. Are you really going to let her go to someone else? She's not going to wait around forever.”
“What do you mean?”
“You're both so blind. She likes you Ricky, but she doesn't want to ruin your friendship either. She talked to Balz and Chris and they said she should wait on you, so do something before she moves on.”
She walked away leaving me in the kitchen with my thoughts. Alyssa liked me? I heard Amelia let herself out and sighed, leaning against the counter. Should I do something? I sighed again. Why was this so difficult?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for not updating the past two days, I've been busy and it flew right out of my head. I'll update tomorrow to try and make up for it no matter how much homework I get.
Thanks for reading, subscribing and recommending, it really means a lot as some of you may know.
See you tomorrow (I mean it this time) xx