Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Enemies

The bell rang and I jumped out of my seat and out of my chemistry class. I was the only one in the group who liked science leaving me to be alone last class on a Friday. I dodged through the crowd and got to my locker. I shoved my folders and books into it and closed it. I walked out the front and down the side towards the college. I saw the guys, Allie, Kylie, Ivy, Amelia and Maddie. I had a huge smile on my face as I approached them. I noticed Ivy's huge brown curly hair and her chocolate eyes. Amelia has brown eyes but they're darker than Ivy's and she has shoulder-length black hair. I could see everyone's faces except Ricky's but I recognised his long black hair that was just below his shoulders. I walked quicker and saw blonde hair by Chris' shoulder. I frowned and tapped Ricky's shoulder. He jumped and I laughed stepping out from behind him. I was met with genuine smiles until my eyes landed on Chris, or rather, the person standing in front of him. Chloe. Her green eyes shone with malice and her painted red lips spread out into the most fake smile known to humanity. I stood between Ricky and Allie (taller than me) and she pushed back her dark brown hair from her face, revealing her brown eyes behind her glasses and smiled at me. Kylie smiled at me and her dark blue eyes twinkled happily at me. Kylie and I didn't talk much but we understood each other. She's the only person apart from me who's seen Chloe hit Maddie. I'm the only one who knows though, Chloe threatened Ghost making Kylie shy around her and she's too frightened to tell anyone but me. She's my height and has black hair. I spoke but a sudden wind carried my words away. I pushed my curly black hair away from my pale blue eyes. When the wind died down I re-said, “Hey guys. Hi Chloe.”
She squinted her eyes at me and everyone but Chris saw. Allie wrapped a tattooed arm around my shoulders to show she agreed with my words, that Chloe wasn't one us...and never will be. Chris frowned and I threw him a comforting smile. He smiled in response and uttered an excuse about something he had to pick up from the college. He kissed the top of Chloe's head and I looked down not being able to watch him spill out his heart to such an evil bitch. I looked back up to see him turn away from us and walk towards the college and Chloe glanced behind her.
I saw a spark of fear in Turtle's brown eyes and Jaime's brown eyes were filled with worry. Turtle had long brown hair at the front and the rest was shaved, a bit like Chris'. Jaime's brown hair looked like a mane, quite like my own. Vic moved beside me as soon as her back was turned, I noticed he hadn't straightened his brown hair today and the end of it was a bunch of curls resting on his shoulders. He gave me a look with his brown eyes, which were the exact same as Mike's, that I recognised immediately. He was protecting me. Mike moved behind me and towered over me, another giant. I should mention that the four of them are Mexican, they grew up in San Diego and all have tan skin. I didn't understand then why they moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I noticed Balz was moving in front of Amelia, Jaime was in front of Maddie, Ryan was in front of Allie, Ghost was moving Kylie behind him and Vic nodded at Turtle who moved in front of Ivy, probably because Vic and Ivy were almost the same height and Turtle was taller. I frowned and stepped beside Vic. Ricky glared at me and I shook my head. No way was I going to let Vic protect me and possibly get hurt. Chloe turned around and I saw her evil smirk for a split second before I was behind Vic. I glared at Ricky who had crossed his arms and was shooting daggers with his eyes in Chloe's direction. I stood on my toes and peered over Vic's shoulder. I swear, everyone is taller than me. I really wanted to punch that smirk off her face but no doubt she would go running to Chris and I might lose one of my best friends, the only thing except music keeping me sane.
“Where are you, you coward?” she sneered. She hated me as much as I hated her. I moved to step out but Ricky blocked my way and I felt Mike's hands on my shoulders keeping me in place.
“Getting your 'friends' to hide you? That's so sad.” God, I hated her voice.
“You're the one with no friends here,” Ricky counteracted.
“I have lots of friends, it's you freaks that don't have any friends.”
“If you believe that then why are you going out with Chris?” Ghost asked angrily.
That chick brings out the worst in us, even sweet Ghost. Kylie looked scared at his tone of voice. I really wanted to hug her. If Chloe was just any old bitch Kylie would be giving awesome comebacks but Chloe's threat had silenced her.
“You wouldn't understand,” she said in a sickly sweet voice.
I really wanted to punch her now. I rose back up and Mike loosed his grip. Her smile matched her voice and I trembled in anger. Mike pushed me back down immediately and Ricky's head snapped in my direction. There was a spark of worry in his eyes for a second until he saw I hadn't taken a step and his eyes hardened and he turned away. It was almost as though he was making sure Chloe didn't see he cared about his friends.
“Why are you protecting that freak? Should you not be more concerned about Jessica?” Chloe and Jessica were 'friends'. I liked Jessica but I don't trust her. She's still more bearable than Chloe.
“Jessica's in Michigan, you know that,” Ricky snarled. I couldn't see her reaction but it took her a while to respond.
“Oh yeah, I remember dropping her off.”
Mike's hands vanished just as I heard Chris' familiar voice say, “Dropped who off?”
Vic moved and I saw Chris with a folder in his hand. The guys slowly moved to the side to expose the girls once more.
“Jessica. I miss her.”
“Yeah,” Chris agreed. He sounded distracted.
“We better get going if we wanna catch that movie,” she said in a weird voice, as though she was trying to seduce him and failing miserably...for her anyway.
“Huh? Oh, yeah. Bye guys. I'll drop by at yours later, Lyss, I'll text you when.”
I smiled and nodded in agreement. He smiled at us, then wrapped an arm around Chloe's waist and walked away.
“I hate her so much,” I hissed.
“Not as much as me,” Maddie disagreed.
“Tie?” Allie asked.
We knew she meant everyone and Maddie and I nodded. We all agreed it would be best to set off home and deal with the growing tower of homework we knew would have to completed. We said goodbye to each other and split off. Ryan, Allie, Balz, Amelia and Maddie set off together, Vic, Mike, Turtle and Jamie started for their shared house with Ivy, and Ghost, Kylie, Ricky and I walked together. Ghost lives two streets from me with Chris and Kylie and Ricky lives three streets away...with Angelo. I sighed lightly, I had to get over the accident. Ghost was describing the bass chords to a song they were writing called 'We Only Come Out At Night' when we arrived at the street where we went our separate ways. We said goodbye and walked on.

Chris and I were sitting cross-legged on the floor of my room with two cups, one of coffee, one of tea, between us. There was pages scattered everywhere filled with lyrics Chris had come up with for their first official album.
“They're all really good. Chris.”
“I can't keep all of them though!”
“Okay, definitely keep your idea of re-recording 'Bananamontana', it would be good for new fans.”
He nodded in agreement and took a gulp of his coffee.
“I've been thinking about letting the fans help write a song, I'll write the chorus or something but I think it'd be good to get them involved, show them that we actually care about them.”
“That's a great idea! That's a definite.”
I grabbed a pen and blank sheet of paper and wrote what we agreed. Chris groaned at the short list and fell onto his back.
“Things will be better when Ange gets back, then you can track the drums, get a melody goin'”
“Yeah, I guess so.”
I was about to discuss the lyrics in my the hand when my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and asked, “Hello?”

Maddie's P.O.V.
I yelled bye to Amelia and left the apartment we shared. I faintly heard, “See ya.” I started for Chris' house which was ten-fifteen minutes away. He had offered to help me with my singing voice to make it more unique. His voice was really inspiring. I arrived and knocked on the door. No answer. I got the emergency key from under the mat, unlocked the door and put it back. I took my phone out to text him and heard moaning. I winced and started to walk away when I heard a man's voice that wasn't Chris'.
“What the hell?” I said.
It was silent.
“Chris, baby, is that you?” Chloe's sickly sweet voice made me want to vomit.
“No, you cheating bitch,” I said loudly from the doorway. She walked out of the living room in just her underwear.
“Slut,” I said disgustingly.
“You're the slut here.”
“Okay, whore.”
“You bitch...”
She lunged at me with her claws and I punched her right on the nose. It started bleeding immediately. I smirked at the her and she snarled in response. She tackled me to the ground and slapped me. I heard a familiar chuckle.
The voice said, “I just came for sex, I get a chick fight too!”
I flicked my hair out of my face and pushed Chloe away.
“TJ!” I yelled.
He smirked at me and stood at the doorway in just his boxers. He'd changed a lot since the last time I saw him.
“Hey sexy.” He did a typical 'wassup' nod and wink guys do. I saw my phone and unlocked it and hit the first number I saw.
“Don't call me that,” I snarled.
Chloe got up and I kicked her, hard. She groaned and fell down. I got up and slapped her. Then I moved to TJ and slapped him.
“Bastard.” I could see a red hand-print on his cheek.
“You bitch,” he barked.
He punched me in the face and I saw him pull his fist back to punch me again. I struck out and heard a familiar voice.
“Don't even think about hitting her again.”
TJ's head snapped to the open door. Then I saw black in front of me and hands pulling me back. I noticed they were small, pale and had ink on them from a pen. Alyssa. TJ was on the floor and I could see Chris' silhouette on top of him. And then I saw Chloe jump.

Alyssa's P.O.V.
“Hello?”
“Don't call me that,” Maddie snarled.
“Maddie?” I asked worried.
“Dammit, I'm meant to be at mine,” Chris said getting up hurriedly. I followed him down when I heard a groan.
“Maddie!”
“What is it?”
“GO!”
He yanked the door open and we ran. Half a minute later we were at Chris' open door and saw Maddie being punched by...no way, that couldn't be TJ. He pulled his fist back and Maddie punched him in the jaw. Chris stepped inside fuming with anger, I've never seen him so angry.
“Don't even think about hitting her again.”
TJ looked sharply at us then smirked and winked at me. I growled and Chris jumped on him. I ran to Maddie and pulled her away from the fight that was going on. Chris was throwing in a lot of punches. Maddie cried out and I saw Chloe, the slut was in just her underwear, as she jumped in Chris' direction. I let go of Maddie, pushed her away and grabbed a fistful of Chloe's hair. She yelped and I yanked her back.
“Oh no you don't, bitch.”
She whimpered and Chris looked at her. There was so much pain in his eyes.
“Get off me faggot,” TJ barked.
Chris was shoved into the wall and I kicked Chloe. TJ got up and stepped toward Chris and I stepped in front of him.
“Gonna stop me, chick.”
“Yeah, and I'm gonna kick your ass while I'm at it.”
He smirked. “I'd love to see you try.”
I smiled back and punched him on the bridge of his nose. Blood started to drip out and he wiped it and looked at it. I saw Maddie hit Chloe out of the corner of my eye and prepared myself for TJ's attack.
“You're gonna pay for that.”
He slapped me and I felt a fist hit my stomach. I doubled over but regained myself and kicked him in the crotch. He fell on his knees and I punched him in the jaw. I was pushed back gently and saw Chris kneeling in front of me.
“Leave it,” he muttered.
“You okay?” I mouthed. He nodded.
“Maddie, get her stuff, she's leaving,” he said in a monotone voice. I knew he was dying inside but I didn't argue when Maddie moved away from Chloe and up the stairs.
“No, Chris baby, forgive me,” Chloe pleaded. She crawled towards him and I stepped out in between them.
“Please Chris.”
“Stay away from me.”
“You're gonna turn down a hot babe like her?” TJ asked sounding astonished.
I walked into the living room, grabbed his clothes and threw them at him.
“Get out of here you disgusting piece of shit,” I growled.
“Should it not be Chris-”
“GET OUT OF HERE!” Chris shouted.
TJ pulled on his jeans and shoes and shrugged on his shirt. Maddie came down with a huge suitcase and her face was wrinkled in disgust.
“Here you go whore.”
Chloe put on a dress from the living room and took the suitcase.
“C'mon babe. See you later Alyssa, bye gorgeous.”
“Go fuck yourself,” I replied.
“I don't need to, I got Chloe to do it for me.”
“Hey TJ, you forgot something,” Chris said.
He turned around and Chris punched him hard in the jaw and slammed the door in his face. Chris slumped on the door and slid to the floor. Maddie and I crouched beside him. Maddie hugged him and he hugged back. I could see he was trying not to cry. He really did love her.
“I'm fine guys, really.”
He pulled back from the hug and I looked at him.
“Chris,” he looked at me with those angry and sad eyes, “you don't have to hold it in.”
A tear fell and I pulled him into a hug. He sobbed into my shoulder and Maddie and I comforted him. This would be the only time he cried over her but I was worried. For the obvious reason but also about how he would deal with his anger. Chris is a sweet a guy but he can be really violent sometimes. I only hoped he would use his talent as a songwriter instead of his fist.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it, and thank you to my first subscriber and reader ;)
Thanks for reading, I shall have the next chapter up tomorrow and hopefully school won't get in the way of updates
Until next time x