Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Feathers

I woke up on my side as usual and pawed at my eyes. The sun was way too bright. Something covered my mouth and I spat it away. I opened my eyes to be greeted with another huge black feather. I groaned and turned on my back. The whole bed was covered with black feathers.
“What the fuck?”
“ALYSSA! WATCH YOUR MOUTH!”
“SORRY MUM!”
I sighed.
“Hey Lyss...what is that?” Maddie said appearing out of nowhere.
“I wish I knew,” I muttered.
“Does...does anyone know about this?”
“No.”
“Is it the first time?”
“I wish.”
I got up, gathered the feathers and opened my wardrobe. They came flooding out and covered me.
“Shit.”
“Lyss, you have to tell someone.”
I sighed. I had considered it but I guess I had to now.
“I'll call the guys.”
I stepped out of the pile and shook off the feathers that got into my hair.
“Lyss you made it worse.”
I grabbed my phone and called Ricky while Maddie picked feathers out of my hair.
“Hello?”
“Remember what you said last night?”
“What happened?!”
“Calm down, it's just-ow.”
“Sorry.”
“S'okay, it's something I think y'all should look at.”
“We'll be right there.”
“Kay, see ya.”
“Bye.” I hung up.
“I think I've got them all out.”
“Thanks, Mads.”
“Any time...you get...feathers...in your hair.”
We laughed, a lot, at that. We never thought a situation like this would ever happen. We gathered up all the feathers into a pile and stood in front of them.
“How long has this been happening?”
“Since February, when I turned 17.”
“And you never told us?”
“Would you?”
She sighed. “Still.”
“I panicked, it's not everyday something like this happens.”
She smiled sympathetically. The door opened and I braced myself for their reaction. Would they freak out? Or would the whole vampire thing prepare them for this? They came up one at a time, Ricky at the front.
“Hey,” he said smiling.
“Hey,” we replied. His calm appearance wouldn't last much longer.
“So, what have we got here?” Chris asked.
Maddie and I glanced at each other and moved away. They stared in shock at the huge pile of mammoth feathers, which was a little less dramatic than what I thought would happen.
“Wh-what is that?” Ghost stuttered.
“It's a huge black pile of feathers. We thought it would be best to tell you,” I said eyeing Maddie. Angelo sighed a little. He better tell her soon.
“And they just appeared?” Chris asked.
“Well, not exactly. I've been collecting them for eight months.”
“Eight months? And you didn't tell us?” Balz said.
I sighed. Why did they keep focusing on that part?
“No, can we focus on the fact there is a huge pile of feathers beside me please?”
“Any idea where it could be coming from?” Maddie asked.
I looked at Angelo.
“A huge crow?” he suggested.
“It's only happened here?” Ricky asked.
“Yes.”
“If it is a crow, you might feel safer staying somewhere else for a day or two,” he concluded.
“You're staying at mine, the sofa pulls out into a bed, it'll be just like old times,” Maddie smiled.
“You better warn Amelia I'm coming then, and I have to come up with something for my parents.”
“I'll tell them something,” Chris said.
“C'mon then,” Maddie said pulling out my suitcase from under the bed and looking in my wardrobe for clothes. She threw in my My Chemical Romance 'The Black Parade' t-shirt and a Black Veil Brides t-shirt and threw my Pierce The Veil t-shirt and black skinny jeans at me.
“Boys out, you get changed.”
“I have a name you know.”
“Just hurry up. OUT!”
They scampered out of there and I chuckled. I got changed and put on socks and my converse. I looked into the suitcase to see my two band t-shirts and three black t-shirts, one plain and two patterned.
“We need to go shopping, get you more t-shirts. We could go to Hottopic and get that Asking Alexandria t-shirt you were talking about.”
“Okay, but seriously, how long am I staying?”
“Until whatever's leaving feathers goes.”
She chucked in dark blue jeans and was about to grab another t-shirt when she looked at something. She pulled out a black and grey tartan skirt and held it up.
“I've never seen you wear this.”
“You know I prefer jeans. You're exactly the same.”
She held it against my waist then put it in the suitcase.
“Hey!”
“It's not too short. And it suits you.”
“I'm not wearing it.”
She gave me a look reserved only for when I didn't eat breakfast. It was disapproving and said 'you're going to do it'.
“Only if you wear a skirt.”
“Don't have any,” she said smugly.
“We'll get you one when we go shopping,” I said just as smugly.
She shook her head with a smile and rummaged around my wardrobe.
“What are you looking for?”
“Tights.”
I opened the drawer that was part of the wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black thermal leggings which Maddie added to the suitcase. She tossed a black vest top and a cream jumper in to go with the outfit and smiled.
“That should do, you know what else you need.”
I sorted out underwear and so on and she put in hair essentials and deodorant.
“That's us done,” she said happily.
I closed the suitcase, zipped it up and carried it out of my room and into the hallway to the living room where the guys had assembled.
“Your parents know you'll be gone for a few days.”
“Thanks Chris, shall we go?”
They got up and we walked out.
“Are we all going? It'll get kinda cramped,” Ryan asked.
“Ange and I will go with them, we'll meet you at yours,” Ricky said looking at Balz and Ryan.
They all nodded and we walked towards the apartment and the house. We split up when we reached the house and shortly arrived at Maddie's.
“Amelia! Guess who's staying with us!” Maddie shouted.
“Who?”
She ran into the living room/hallway and grinned.
“Hey girl, I haven't seen you since yesterday.”
I laughed and hugged her.
“It's been ages, hasn't it,” I said sarcastically.
We laughed and pulled away.
“How long are you staying?”
“I don't know, it's supposed to be two days at the latest but Maddie's packed enough clothes for a week.”
“You never know.”
I gave her a smile and shook my head.
“I was just about to leave, I have to go to work.”
“Have fun!” I said.
She rolled her eyes and hugged me again.
“Bye chick.”
“Bye.”
“See ya babes, bye guys.”
“Bye,” Maddie, Ricky and Ange replied.
“I'll go get sheets and shit,” Maddie said.
“Ew, I don't want shit.”
She hit me playfully. “You know what I mean.”
Angelo was about to go with her but I stopped him.
“Can we talk?”
He sighed and nodded.
“I'll help her,” Ricky said leaving us.
“You need to tell her.”
“I know, and I will. I just want her to live normally for a bit longer.”
“This isn't normal, Ange. What's normal is her best friends not lying to her. This thing will be normal, it shouldn't be but it will if it means she knows.”
“What if she freaks out?”
“This is Maddie we're talking about, she'll understand.”
He sighed.
“You know that if our positions were switched she'd be pestering Ricky to tell me.”
“Do you think he would tell you if that was the case?”
“Maybe, I'd tell her myself but it has to be you. You can't hide her in the dark Angelo, not for long anyway.”
He looked despaired. I patted his shoulder comfortingly. She came in just then and we smiled innocently. She smiled back and placed the blanket on the sofa.
“Should we head off to the guys?”
I nodded and when Ricky appeared with pillows and set them down we left the apartment.

Maddie's P.O.V
I grabbed a blanket from under the bed and Ricky looked for pillows. I walked to the living room to hear Alyssa and Angelo talking quietly.
“What if she freaks out?” Angelo asked
“This is Maddie we're talking about, she'll understand.”
Understand what? Angelo sighed.
“You know that if our positions were switched she'd be pestering Ricky to tell me.”
“Do you think he would tell you if that was the case?”
“Maybe, I'd tell her myself but it has to be you. You can't hide her in the dark Angelo, not for long anyway.”
Tell me what? Why couldn't Alyssa tell me? What were they hiding from me? They were quiet for a minute and I walked in. They smiled and I smiled back and placed the blanket on the sofa.
“Should we head off to the guys?” I asked.
Alyssa nodded and when Ricky appeared with pillows and set them down we left the apartment. I walked behind for a minute and Alyssa glanced back. I smiled and she gave me a look. She walked slower and the guys walked on not noticing.
“You heard, didn't you?”
“A bit.”
“When?”
“About me freaking out.”
She nodded.
“I would tell you, I swear I would but Ricky said I can't, Ange has to. You'll understand later, I promise, about the secret and why Ange has to tell you.”
I looked at her and there was honesty in her eyes. I nodded and smiled.
“What's taking you guys so long?” Ricky asked giving Alyssa a warning look.
“Nothing,” she muttered looking down and walked faster. I matched her pace and we led the way.

Alyssa's P.O.V
I noticed Maddie was behind and looked back. She smiled and I realised she overheard our conversation. I slowed down and walked beside her.
“You heard, didn't you?”
“A bit.”
“When?”
“About me freaking out.”
I nodded.
“I would tell you, I swear I would but Ricky said I can't, Ange has to. You'll understand later, I promise, about the secret and why Ange has to tell you.”
Maddie looked at me, nodded and smiled.
“What's taking you guys so long?” Ricky asked giving me a warning look.
“Nothing,” I muttered looking down and walked faster, passing him. Maddie matched my pace and we led the way. First he doesn't tell me and now he doesn't trust me to keep it a secret? Why is he so cautious when she'll find out soon anyway? What I did know was that I was pissed at Ricky, upset and that Maddie would have to know very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you're enjoying it :)
I would like to recommend a story by Midnight.Moments called Fade Away (Dom/Fertile story and she's with Angelo), it's awesome so go check it out if you haven't already.
If I don't have any plans tomorrow there should be an update,
Until then xx