Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

An Unexpected Visit

A week had passed since Maddie found out, there was a lot of jokes thrown around about vampires and demons and every time we watched Sweeney Todd someone would nudged Ghost or say 'It's you!' Everything went back to normal but none of us could have guessed what would happen next. Today was the day I had to endure wearing a skirt, thankfully I convinced Maddie to buy a gorgeous light grey dress that was just below knee length. I put on the black leggings, black and grey skirt, black tank top and the cream jumper and black socks. I walked out and Amelia smiled.
"You look gorgeous, babes."
"Thanks."
"Mads, she's dressed!"
Maddie came out wearing the grey dress that flattered her figure.
"Boys, eat your hearts out," Amelia said.
"Ange, eat your heart out," I corrected.
"And Ricky," Maddie argued.
"I don't like him like that!"
"Okay, you might not but he does," Amelia said smirking at me.
My heart skipped a beat. He did?
"If you don't like him like that then why are you blushing?" Maddie teased.
I was focusing so much on calming my heart rate I didn't feel the blush in my cheeks.
"I don't like him, he's just really sweet."
"That's code for cute," Amelia taunted.
I hit her. "Fuck off."
"You're right, otherwise she wouldn't strike out," Maddie said.
They grinned evilly at me and I glared at them.
"C'mon, you're not done yet," Maddie said. She pulled on my arm and dragged me into her room. She gave me my boots and I pulled them on.
"Time to go impress some guys.”
I shook my head at her.
“So why are you excited? You haven't told me yet.”
“They all know but I didn't want them to see your reaction when I said you like Ricky.”
“What do you mean 'they all know'?”
“It's really obvious. I'm surprised you haven't noticed.”
“What is there to notice?”
“The way he looks at you, how you reacted to each other, especially the way you look at him.”
“I can't see myself and I don't look at him a certain way.”
“You really do, just look out for how he reacts to when we arrive and when he's around you, then think about how you react.”
I looked at her. She was dead serious.
“I will.” I sighed, “Let's go.”
She walked out of the room and grabbed her black coat that hid the majority of her dress. I pulled on my red coat which showed a couple of centimetres of my skirt.
“Perfect, c'mon.”
“Bye Lia.”
“Bye love,” Amelia said smiling at the nickname.
We stepped outside into the chilly air.
“Where are we meeting them?”
“Chris and Ghost's. We spend a lot of time at the others and they decided to mix it up a bit,” Maddie replied.
“Okay?”
She smiled and we walked quicker to get out of the cold. We arrived at the door and knocked. Ghost opened it and smiled.
“You look cold.”
“No shit, Sherlock,” I said stepping in.
Maddie followed quickly and we walked into the living room after Ghost.
“Cold out there?” Ryan chuckled at us huddled into our coats.
“Fuck off,” Maddie said spitefully.
“Now now, language Madeline,” Balz said smirking at her.
She rolled her eyes and I laughed. She took her coat off and the guys wolf-whistled. Ange's eyes widened and looked like they were about to fall out of their sockets. She smiled at me sweetly and I glared at her as I took off my coat, shivering from the loss of heat.
“I can't believe you aren't wearing jeans!” Chris exclaimed and I held my coat in front of me hiding the skirt.
“It's a miracle,” Ange agreed not taking his eyes off Maddie.
She walked out to the hall taking my coat with her. Probably trying to hide the blush that was slowly reddening her cheeks. I sat down and smoothed down the skirt. I focused on Dark Shadows and felt a pair of eyes still on me. I looked around to see Ricky gazing at me. I smiled at him and he quickly looked at the screen. I shook my hair to cover my cheeks that I felt warming up. Maddie came and plopped down beside me.
“Told ya,” she whispered.
Chris glanced back and gave us a quick smirk before turning back to the TV. She gave me a knowing smile and I rolled my eyes. We watched the movie until the part where Barnabas and Angel started getting busy in her office.
I jumped up. “Anyone want anything?”
“Naked Juice please.”
I moved to the kitchen and Maddie scampered up and ran ahead of me into the kitchen.
“How can they watch that?” I asked disgusted.
“They're guys,” she answered making herself hot chocolate.
I took out Naked Juice from the fridge and froze. “How the hell am I going to give this to him without seeing the TV?”
“Throw it?”
I nodded and used the wall to hide my sight.
“Think fast!” I yelled and threw the bottle at Chris. He caught it expertly and smiled gleefully.
I faced the counter and started making tea. Ricky appeared just after I finished making it and said, “It's over.”
“Thanks,” I said smiling at him.
Maddie walked back into the room as fast as she could without spilling her drink and I followed her slowly laughing. Ricky walked in after me and sat back down. I tried not to notice his eyes on me and soon the feeling of being watched disappeared. Just as the movie was ending PTV walked in with the girls. Mike came in last with his arm around the waist of who must have been his girlfriend.
“Guys, this is my girlfriend, Heather”
“Hi,” she said a little shy. She was really pretty and she smiled as she looked around the room.
“You weren't joking when you said you knew Motionless In White.”
“Why, hello. I'm Chris.” He bowed and kissed her hand.
“Get out of the way, lover boy,” Mike remarked.
Chris winked at her and she rolled her eyes. The guys introduced themselves one by one, none of them as dramatic as Chris. She blushed a little when Ricky asked her how she was. I'll admit, I felt a little jealous but I hid it from everyone and Maddie and I started talking to her. She was awesome and had an amazing taste in music.
“Alyssa, love, could you get me another drink,” Chris asked sweetly.
I was about to give him a remark about how he could use his gift as a vampire to get it quicker but held my tongue, I had no idea if Heather knew what they were and I wasn't about to get anyone in trouble. I got up with a sigh and walked into the kitchen. I popped my head around and asked Heather, “Would you like anything?”
She got up from Mike's lap and joined me. I got Naked Juice for Chris and said, “Take whatever you want.”
She took a bottle of Naked Juice and a smile played on my lips.
“What?”
“I can't wait to see Chris' reaction.”
“He doesn't like people taking his drinks, does he.”
I shook my head and she shrugged opening it.
“What's it like being Mike's girlfriend?”
“Pretty cool, I've had a crush on him for ages.”
I laughed, “A lot of girls do, you're lucky he picked you, well, he's lucky he picked you. You have to be the best girl he's ever gone out with.”
“Thanks. Do a lot of girls like Ricky?”
“Yeah, they're becoming more famous everyday.”
“Ricky's beautiful, not as much as Mike, but still.”
“I guess, Ricky's got a girlfriend though.”
“He's going out with Jessica then? I thought that was a rumour.”
“No, he's going out with her.” I sounded sad, I didn't like him like that, did I?
“Where is she?”
“In Michigan, she's seeing family or something.”
Heather nodded thoughtfully. “We better go before they start to worry.”
“Mike's probably worried, you'd have to stay in here for another half hour before the others realise we're still in here.”
She laughed and we walked out just in time for Sweeney Todd.
“What it would have been like to live then?” Maddie wondered out loud.
“It was disgusting, nowadays is so much better,” Ghost said absent-mindedly. His eyes widened and he slapped a hand over his mouth. We all looked at Heather and she smiled comfortingly.
“Don't worry, I know.”
“She's also a demon,” Mike added.
That was cute.
“How did you find out?” Heather asked us.
“Ange told me and Ricky told Lyss,” Maddie answered.
A knowing look crossed over her mind. I frowned, was I the only one who didn't have a mate and still knew? Maddie walked into the kitchen muttering that she was getting more hot chocolate.
“You have a unique situation. Excuse me,” Ricky said and got up, leaving the room.
“What's the situation?” Balz asked.
I looked at the kitchen hoping Maddie couldn't hear. “He said vampires could only tell their human 'counter-parts'. And that since I'm not in love with one of you he told me.”
“Bullshit,” Ryan said under his breath.
“What?”
Maddie walked in and sat down.
“You love me, don't you,” Chris joked winking at me. I rolled my eyes and his expression turned serious. “But in all seriousness, it works both ways. No one said anything about one of us being in love with you.”
“What are you talking about?” Maddie asked.
Ange blushed and gave us all a warning look.
“I'll tell you later,” he said shyly.
Maddie nodded and my eyes travelled to Jaime. They hadn't been alone together since Halloween, I doubted he knew. He smiled at me and I snapped out of my thoughts. I gave him a quick smile and looked at the TV. I nudged Maddie and nodded in Jamie's direction. She sighed and gave me a quick nod. Ricky walked into the room and I thought over what Chris had said, and what Maddie said earlier. It seemed to be a fact between the group, but I still didn't see it. He didn't react to me any differently than he reacted to anyone else. There was a knock on the door and Turtle got up since he was the closest. We heard the door open and Turtle say, “You're not wanted here.”
“And what are you going to do about it Antonio?” Chloe.
We heard the door swing and a slam. Turtle walked back in looking at Chris. She knocked on the door again even louder. Vic turned the volume up.
Heather asked, “Who's that?”
“Chris' ex,” Mike whispered to her.
A look of understanding crossed her face. There was a knock on the door and we all ignored it. There was a loud bang. Turtle looked at the hallway and his eyes widened. There was loud footsteps of high-heels on wood and Chloe walked in dressed in a red dress, red heels, red lips, red nails, she was wearing as much red as one person could wear at once. We stood up ready to get rid of her and she smirked.
“Don't worry, I'm not here to bother Chris. I'm here on a business trip. You are being too good, and I can't have other vampires and demons thinking they can do exactly the opposite of what I tell them, twelve of my creations disobeying is enough to tip the scales.”
The guys and Allie and Kylie stared at her in shock and she smirked again.
“What?” Maddie, Heather and I asked.
“I'm the Devil, girls.”
Chloe, the Devil. I'm not that surprised, she always was an evil bitch.
“No one has been tortured or killed by your hands, this better change soon, or things are going to change around here, you never know who might go missing,” she said looking in my direction, not at me. She walked away before I could follow her gaze and I looked at Heather and Maddie. Maddie looked confused. By the look on Ange's face he was worried about Maddie, things needed to be cleared up with Jaime before anything can happen, before we find a way around this. If we find a way around it.

Chloe's P.O.V
I walked away leaving them with their mouths hanging open like the peasants they are. No one defies my orders. They only stick to the unimportant ones, the ones I set up for obedience and to stop anyone coming to me complaining about their stolen mates. I have no time for that.
"Finished?" TJ asked.
"Yes, thanks for knocking down the door."
"Anything to scare them, no one disobeys my sister without being threatened in some way."
I smiled and walked in front of him.
"Can I take her?"
"I'm giving them a day, then you can."
He grinned.
"I don't know why you like her, I'm so much better."
"You are, but she's the one I want for the rest of my existence. It helps when she's mostly your creation."
I sighed happily. She was my most unique creation, I never expected it to happen. They tended to stay within their own species, and if they didn't they had a surrogate.
"You can have her, I'll give him someone else."
"Thanks sis."
I held my hand out and he took it. I transported us home.
"Don't you just love Hell?"
He chuckled and I smirked at him.
"I got that book you wanted," I said handing him it from the table.
He took it gladly.
"She's definitely a virgin?"
"Yep."
"At least this'll teach her."
"I found experience helps better."
He gave me that look and I smirked walking into the bedroom.

Maddie's P.O.V
She looked right at me. Was she planning on taking me? I made a mental note to be careful for a few days, I didn't need to add any more stress to them. They started talking about what to do and I saw Ange looking at me worriedly, he must have seen her looking at me. I noticed Jaime was staring at Ange confused. I had to talk to him. I walked over and tapped his shoulder. He smiled up at me and I smiled back. I took his hand and led him into the kitchen. I hated this part.
"Jaime, we need to talk."
"Yeah, we do."
He sighed.
"I know you don't love me like that."
"I love you, but...I love him more, I didn't know until recently, if I did I wouldn't have done this."
"I know." He walked towards me and rested his forehead on mine.
"Just tell me, is it Angelo?"
I whispered, "Yes."
"I couldn't have lost you to a better man. I know he'll take care of you, probably better than I ever could."
He kissed my cheek and smiled at me.
"I'm sorry."
"It's fine. I can tell he loves you, I can tell you love him. Some things just aren't meant to be."
I smiled. “Thanks for understanding.”
“What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't understanding.”
He pulled me into a hug and I smiled into his shoulder.
“Good luck with Angelo.”
“Thanks Jaime.”
He pulled away and walked. I just hope things aren't awkward between us. I walked into the living room to hear the guys discussing ways of getting around it.
Balz asked, “Kill someone who's about to die?”
Ghost answered, “How would we know?”
“A mugger?” Ricky suggested.
“More ethical, but which one of us could kill?” Chris said.
“Torture?” Ryan suggested.
Vic dismissed it. “We don't know how to stop it. It could go on for hours.”
I tapped Alyssa's shoulder.
“We should go, let them talk without us as a distraction.”
She nodded slowly. She looked around worriedly, her gaze lingering on Ricky. They made it so obvious. We said goodbye, hugged them all and left.
“What do you think they'll do?” I asked.
“I don't know, I hate to think they'll hurt someone.”
I thought about it and shivered.
“When should we tell them about the feathers?” I asked trying to get rid of the images in my head.
“When they get this dealt with, we don't need to add to their stress.”
I nodded as we walked back to the apartment. There was a bag full of the things. They looked a bit like Amelia's but unless an ex Guardian angel now fallen was looking after her we couldn't think of where they were coming from. We'd figure it out soon, once the guys find a way to save themselves from Chloe, she just got a lot more dangerous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again, hopefully I can update again tomorrow, teachers are normally nice with homework on Wednesdays.
There's a lot of drama in the next one, it's to do with Maddie, TJ and Alyssa........and a bit of Ricky of course......
I'll leave with that, bye xx